Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sep 6, 2019 2:22 AM
I don,t understand why this anime is high rated the story was total trash and character development was zero

Sep 7, 2019 2:31 PM
I don't understand why you would think that. Or maybe I do. You didn't watch it with the right subs or in good quality. Dekinai subs were easily the best subs for this show. You should have dropped the anime if you didn't like it. If you do that you can pick it up again and give it another chance and maybe watch it in better quality/with better subs.

Sep 12, 2019 3:38 PM
Could you explain why the story was trash and no character development? Some parts of the story (the ones not from the novel) were cheesy sometimes, but I'd say the story is decent and interesting. Though, there is a plenty of character development, you either missed it or that kind of show isn't your taste.

Sep 21, 2019 5:04 PM
Yeah im not done watching it yet, but right now im halfway through (suicidal party) and its really boring. The story isnt intresting so far and its not funny or has any qualities.
People said that they can relate to the characters but wtf? These guys are the biggest loosers ever and everything is overeyaggerated. Like the mc would go through with suicid because he had a missunderstanding and the reasons of the other guys arent much better aswell.
So far its 13 episodes with no content, like really there wasnt a story told yet, somehow intressting characters where introduced but thats it since episode 1.
The conspiracy shit is annoying aswell.

Sep 24, 2019 8:08 AM

Saurabh980 said:
I don,t understand why this anime is high rated the story was total trash and character development was zero

Did you literally make an account just to say this?

We_Ka said:
Yeah im not done watching it yet, but right now im halfway through (suicidal party) and its really boring. The story isnt intresting so far and its not funny or has any qualities.
People said that they can relate to the characters but wtf? These guys are the biggest loosers ever and everything is overeyaggerated. Like the mc would go through with suicid because he had a missunderstanding and the reasons of the other guys arent much better aswell.
So far its 13 episodes with no content, like really there wasnt a story told yet, somehow intressting characters where introduced but thats it since episode 1.

Simple, you're just a normie. Besides it's not "overeyaggerated", it's purely "overeyaggerated" because that's their thought process or how they perceive things. The anime is "overeyaggerated" to emphasize that he has a problem. the conspiracy is paranoia stemming from loneliness, overthinking, detachment from society. "These guys are the biggest loosers", that's basically gist of hikikomori, they're not suppose to be amazing chads that get shitty fan service just for the sake of ratings. just google it. The anime simply isn't your forte, just drop it if you're this annoyed by it.

Sep 28, 2019 8:26 AM
wept said:
Saurabh980 said:

We_Ka said:

Simple, you're just a normie. Besides it's not "overeyaggerated", it's purely "overeyaggerated" because that's their thought process or how they perceive things. The anime is "overeyaggerated" to emphasize that he has a problem. the conspiracy is paranoia stemming from loneliness, overthinking, detachment from society. "These guys are the biggest loosers", that's basically gist of hikikomori, they're not suppose to be amazing chads that get shitty fan service just for the sake of ratings. just google it. The anime simply isn't your forte, just drop it if you're this annoyed by it.

I will take normie as a compliment, thank you.

But what exactly was the point of your post now? Making fun of typing y instead of x to feel superior?

Tell me how people get enjoyment out of this show and whats good about it at least.
I think the overexxageration doesnt empasize those feelings, it just makes the whole situation laughable and unrealistic.

If you find some more grammar mistakes and typos you are free to keep them to yourself.

Sep 28, 2019 9:00 AM

We_Ka said:
wept said:

I will take normie as a compliment, thank you.

But what exactly was the point of your post now? Making fun of typing y instead of x to feel superior?

Tell me how people get enjoyment out of this show and whats good about it at least.
I think the overexxageration doesnt empasize those feelings, it just makes the whole situation laughable and unrealistic.

If you find some more grammar mistakes and typos you are free to keep them to yourself.

There are no points in posting, my post has just as much value as yours.

How am I supposed to tell you why people feel the way they do? You're being unrealistic. Also I'm free to do so, doesn't mean I will. I'll make an exception just for you. ;)

Sep 29, 2019 3:50 AM

I mentioned some points why i didnt like it.
You didnt tell me what you think makes the show so good. Thats all i asked for because i do want to hear the arguments of the other side obviously. I have no problems with other people have different taste.

But you were not able to name a single point out of your view. Instead you made fun of a typo. So NO you had not a single valid point while i did.

Im unrealistic because i expect people being able to argue about their point of view? Have you ever heard of good reviews?

Sep 29, 2019 6:05 AM
It's been a while since I watched it, but I'd honestly say it is in my personnal top 5, maybe even top 3 anime of all time.

Yes, the reactions are often exagerated, but the magnitude of their exageration represents how everything is so much more intense, much more difficult to deal with when you suffer from deep social anxiety and low self-esteem. The delusions are simply Satou's imagination running wild and his demons haunting him. Because when you're constantly confronted by boredom and social starvation, like he would be from practically never leaving his room, you're stuck with your own mind. It starts going through everything wrong with your life, no matter how much you want to think of anything else, and questions everything you have been, are, and will be. Having very little human contact also does... things to the human mind. The alarm clock going off, everyday in an otherwise silent and empty life, so cheerful, and yet...

I came somewhat close to being a hikkikomori myself, even though I had a job (working from home), and even with a girlfriend and seeing my parents once every week or two. I was constantly alone when my girlfriend left for school or work and since I had no colleagues and never go out of my way to start conversations even with my best friends, I started feeling stuck inside. I started losing social skills fast, and the longer I stayed inside, the worst it was. Even with periodic contacts with people outside and a loving girlfriend, I was starting to lose myself, to lose control over my life.

I've always known I was at risk of this, as a hardcore gamer, but I never imagined WORK would have the same effect. And yet here I was, declining and hating myself more day by day of not being able to just speak up and just DO something. This is why I relate to NHK ni Youkoso - it's a dark mirror of what could have been (minus the suicide party). And even though I've gotten better, I know it's a slippery slope that anyone can fall on in this day and age, where we're so cut of from one another and can go on living in near constant isolation.

And I did find some of the characters funny, especially Kaoru.

But in the end, this isn't a comedy. It's a character study of a mentally ill person and how they will (or will not) latch onto anything that will save them, when in the end, there's only one way out of this. However hard it might be, find something, ANYTHING that you care about enough to get out and stick to it. There will be hard times, but in the long run, it won't be as hard as facing yourself at your lowest, all day and every day.

10/10, would watch again.

Oct 4, 2019 10:26 PM

Sounds like you got a short attention span.

Desktop Specs: CPU: AMD FX-4130 Quad Core @ 3.8GHz, Motherboard: ASRock N68-VS3 FX, GPU: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA), Ram: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz, Case: Raidmax ATX (Black), Storage: 931GB Western Digital Blue (SATA), PSU: 550 watt, Display: BenQ RL2455