Marluxion (5) - ForgotToFlush, Tainted, Wary_Wolf, LanMisa, yurkin
Tainted (4) - Kiana_Kaslana, RE, LucianRoy, Kit
LanMisa (1) - Marluxion
Karote (1) - yurkin
yurkin (1) - Karote
Kit (1) - Phraze
Kiana_Kaslana (1) - Starpendle

Not voting: DenjaX, Dude_Mike, Kiiruma

Marluxion has been lynched! Stand by for lynch scene.
Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

- WB Yeats
Apr 4, 2019 2:40 AM

Jul 2009
Tainted said:
Roy probably isn't w/w with FTF
I doubt ftf is even wolf at all

On a second read this as well can be a scum claim. If it was posted as a "will"
Apr 4, 2019 2:41 AM

Jul 2009
Osie appears when I less expect him
Apr 4, 2019 3:03 AM

Jul 2016
Night 1 Start

01001111 01001101 01000111 00100001 00100000 01000001 00100000 01001110 01100101 01110101 01110100 01110010 01100001 01101100 00100001

Marluxion has been lynched. They were... NEUTRAL.

Night has been extended to 48 hours. Action submission will be solely during the first 24 hours. The second 24 hours will be used for whatever the mods feel like they should be used.

DO NOT post in the thread during the Night phase.

- WB Yeats
Apr 6, 2019 12:00 AM

Jul 2016
Unless Togs or Wisp starts things up beforehand, the day will start around 5 PM EST on Saturday, April 6th.

- WB Yeats
Apr 6, 2019 9:00 AM

Jan 2014
DAY 2

Welcome to day 2 of working at Osie company

We hope you enjoyed your first day at our company, and we ask you to forward any questions to Togs, Osie, or Wisp, if you are lost at any moment while playing “Computer Mafia”. We are deeply saddened to announce that one of our employees, RE had a terrible knife accident…
She was

Our condolences to her friends and family…

Disclaimer:
We recommend playing the game during vacations or in the free time if possible. Playing it during busy times can lead to lack of sleep, nervousness and other issues which can lead to fatal health problems. We hope to ensure your enjoyment during the game--amenities and other services may be provided, just ask our consultants.
Thank you for choosing our company, and enjoy!

%%%

Day 2 lynch deadline will be 5pm on Tuesday, April 9th, with a Twilight phase of 0-12 hours because all of the hosts are human beings.
@RE @DenjaX @Kit @Geyde @Kiiruma @Tainted @Phraze @ForgotToFlush @Wary_Wolf @yurkin @Dude_mike @LucianRoy @LanMisa @Karote @Kiana_Kaslana
_WispApr 6, 2019 9:19 AM
blinddate
she was never awake
even with her eyes wide open
never where she longed to be
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
blind date with a dreamer
Apr 6, 2019 9:21 AM

Jan 2014
Can roles be changed in ways other then vanilla-izing?

Yes.

@DenjaX @Kit @Geyde @Kiiruma @Tainted @Phraze @ForgotToFlush @Wary_Wolf @yurkin @Dude_mike @LucianRoy @LanMisa @Karote @Kiana_Kaslana
osieorb18Apr 6, 2019 2:08 PM
blinddate
she was never awake
even with her eyes wide open
never where she longed to be
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
blind date with a dreamer
Apr 6, 2019 9:23 AM

Jul 2009
Took me a while to but finally found it #452
Apr 6, 2019 9:34 AM

Jul 2009

That edit tho XD
osieorb18Apr 6, 2019 2:08 PM
Apr 6, 2019 10:05 AM

Oct 2011
Vote: Tainted

wasn't around for EoD. roleblocker is susp.

Apr 6, 2019 10:11 AM

Oct 2011
Marluxion said:
this cfd will rip the game apart for mafia so it'll be a town win tbh
Marluxion said:
lynch lan -> ftf -> tainted in that order
given he turned out neutral, I can believe this. tho Lan is iffy. Tainted being close countertrain to a neutral seems unnecessary, unless scum. FTF I have no idea

Apr 6, 2019 10:32 AM

Nov 2018
I think that RE dying points to her being right on at least some of her pushes, if not a lot of them. As far as I remember she was pushing Shattiel, Starpendle and Roy as scum. Since I don't think that both Roy and Shattiel are scum together, looking at the wagons, my guess would be at least one, possibly two of them.

That being said, from those three players I find Starpendle gave off the oddest vibes. On the other hand, resolving Shattiel will tell us the most about yesterday's wagons. So I am fine lynching either, unless somebody can clear one of them.

Shattiel, you claimed roleblocker. On whom did you use your ability last night?
Apr 6, 2019 10:44 AM

Oct 2011
Kit said:
I realized some time today that 4am on the 4th means the MORNING of the 4th, not the night of the 4th. so here i am

just to add another vote to the list. gave some reasons before, and i agree with stuff others said about tainted being scum (namely RE, who i believe is town)

at this point i'm being lazy i guess but i have no desire to play this game today.

For anyone out there on the edge of their seat about my mike vote: I didn't particularly scum-read him but with his promise about how he's baiting mafia to vote for him, I had to see if he would REALLY go through with something. And he didn't. Actually he just ended up town reading me for some reason, and not even ONE SINGLE other player voted him.
Conclusion? idk I guess he could be mafia because the mafia did not bother to pick the low fruit even with my encouragement. But no one's voting him and theres not much content on him to solidify a read and so i'll support the tainted vote.

this will need reviewing if Tainted is scum. more of a sheep/cred vote.

Kit said:
I've thought about it, and I think emotionally both Lan and Marl have to be town, because a wolf would have ducked out of that by now. I could be wrong but I want to have more faith in humanity than to believe either one of them did this on purpose.
I think I was a little unfair to Star just cause of his posting style. I have a feeling phraze may be wolf bc of meta reasons but i'll have to revisit that later.

also uhm, i think two people said i was fueling fire on purpose... no. People who played with me before or know me personally can tell you I always get overly emotional and argue, regardless of alignment.

eh. im tired
Marlu turned out neutral. I guess faith in humanity is crushed either way.

and what meta about me?

Apr 6, 2019 11:58 AM

Jul 2009
@Kiiruma thoughts? It's Sunday guess you may have more time to read the game

@Karote still playing? XD
Apr 6, 2019 11:59 AM

Dec 2012
yurkin said:
@Kiiruma thoughts? It's Sunday guess you may have more time to read the game

@Karote still playing? XD

Hello, what's up
Apr 6, 2019 11:59 AM

May 2014
Ah crap. Also Wisp, you tagged Geyde instead of me.

Apologies for never tuning in again before Day 1 ended. I intended to after work, but something personal came up that took my attention. Probably need to reevaluate everything again with Re dying, although I'm about to head to work again now.

Apr 6, 2019 12:44 PM

May 2017
Well, saves me having to justify changing my vote from RE this time around.

Probably need to justify my voting of her previous round instead -_-

I'll just put as sheep and not 100% on board with voting day one still.

Admittedly I still voted day one, so hypocritical I know, but going with the flow with you guys. Guess you haven't accidently lynched your doctor or cop day one. Or Roleblocker.

I assume killer offed RE because they assume we'll probably now try to lynch Tainted. And because RE was running as unofficial Mayor of Town, trying to organize us all, which makes them an actual threat.

Undecided who to vote on. See if intel occurs, then try to build a bit of solid reasoning behind who I'll actually vote for this day -_-
Current Events Thread Topics...
Not even once.
Apr 6, 2019 1:50 PM

Aug 2013
That EoD was so bogus wtf.

Their slew of posts at EoD we're pretty gosh darn scummy too. Look at this:

#818- Tainted sets ups a baseless, false dichotomy here between me and FTF in an attempt to shade me, and let me explain why. There is so much to unpack here. Why phrase it this way? Why not just directly say: 'because of his interactions with FTF, I find Lucian scummy'. instead of working around it backwards: "Roy probably isn't w/w with FTF // I doubt ftf is even wolf at all" The first part is an unsupported claim, (no explaination), which sets up a false dichotomy with me against FTF once they establish FTF is town is the second clause, (again, no explanation). For this to be good, wouldn't you have to explain why it isn't TvT? There's no consideration of that in this post at all. Because of this, I consider this subtle shading of me. The way it's phrased makes it beat around the bush, and doesn't sound like anything town would post imo.

#819- This post is weird too. It doesn't say "I'm reading these people scum" it lines up the conclusion to their previous post on me, like it's a disclaimer for something already established, yet it isn't established, and wasn't established in their last post. It was hinted at. Another reason why I think that post was an attempt to shade me. I'm honestly doubtful if they can explain why they changed their mind here, but I guess it's worth a shot to ask?

#820 Oh, come on, there is no way you can defend Mike here. Do you seriously have a TR on his slot? His post is obviously anti-town, and can be lumped in with the other strange and unnecessary things he's done this game. I felt like calling him out for it this time.

So, in essence, all this seems like an attempt to line-up my lynch for toDay as an out, and this is ALSO inherently scummy to me. This part isn't as solid as the other things I've said, and it's slightly anecdotal, but I feel like the self-preservation vote Tainted made on Marl, is NOT NAI as self-pres often is. See, were I in Tainted shoes, and they go to the trouble of shading me as scum at EoD while voting Marl why not just push me at EoD? Why not take it a single step further and just CFD on me? That's what I would've done as town, and I would not have settled on a self-pres train I wasn't fully committed to. On top of that, Tainted's vote on Marl is a naked vote, and they do nothing to establish why he's scum/give thoughts from that point onward. It makes even more sense once you realize Marl literally only had 1 vote on him at that stage of the game.

One last point I dug up that is unrelated to the former, but still notable imo:
#675- Why would they beg Kiana for a read here? Reeks of desperation to me, like, 'please read me town and defend me!' rather than actually caring about what Kiana's read on themselves actually is. It's a weaker tell, but I found it off-putting.

Also, phraze is right when he says their claim is sus, but for me it's mostly b/c they didn't paraphrase.

This is an easy scum lynch in my book, and though I didn't go about the push with meta like RE did, I don't need it to come to a similar conclusion as her... twice.

___

Marl was probably executioner? And Lan is the lynched? That's actually nutty how RE guessed that. However, I don't think that has any bearing on Lan's alignment since in my exp. the target is randomized. I also forget if the win condition can be met whether or not exec is dead.

Also, @Lanmisa, have we ever played together before?
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
Apr 6, 2019 1:56 PM

Aug 2013
Wary_Wolf said:
Well, saves me having to justify changing my vote from RE this time around.

Probably need to justify my voting of her previous round instead -_-

I'll just put as sheep and not 100% on board with voting day one still.

Admittedly I still voted day one, so hypocritical I know, but going with the flow with you guys. Guess you haven't accidently lynched your doctor or cop day one. Or Roleblocker.

I assume killer offed RE because they assume we'll probably now try to lynch Tainted. And because RE was running as unofficial Mayor of Town, trying to organize us all, which makes them an actual threat.

Undecided who to vote on. See if intel occurs, then try to build a bit of solid reasoning behind who I'll actually vote for this day -_-

Quick question, are you familiar with the term: WIFOM?
Also, do you have any reads? Like, a single good read would suffice.
Apr 6, 2019 2:01 PM

Aug 2013
Honestly, my second question in the above post can go out to any low activity/inactives too.

So that's, @Karote , @Kiana_Kaslana , @Denjax ,
and to lesser extent, @Kiiruma , @Dude_Mike
Apr 6, 2019 2:36 PM

Oct 2011
Phraze said:
yurkin said:

Is it?
Luci had a good explanation, tho simpler terms for me is that I don't see any progression. a no lynch to RE. might be lazy town idk.
the vote next to Tainted looks good tho, if Tainted is scum. and I have more of a read on Tainted compared to Wolf.
yeah I think Wolf is town if Tainted scum

Apr 6, 2019 2:38 PM

Jan 2008
This doesnt look good on those who last minute voted marl for random reasons. neutral is not mafia, so the train could still be an attempt to save tainted

@tainted would also like to see who you rb last night

@kiiruma you said you think tainted is TPR. We found the TPR is marl, what do you think of tainted now?

(btw i thought roz said in the sign up thread that the game would be modified for full reveal.. did the other hosts change their minds or forget?)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 6, 2019 2:40 PM

Jan 2008
@phraze sheep yes cred no, i just trust RE.
I don't get the easy feeling you're town, and usually that means you're not town in my experience. ~ soul read ~

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 6, 2019 2:47 PM

Oct 2011
Kit said:
I don't get the easy feeling you're town, and usually that means you're not town in my experience. ~ soul read ~
trust and distrust are not reasons. esp if left at ~ soul read ~

Apr 6, 2019 2:48 PM

May 2017
Nope. But I have google, and I'll keep that in mind.

Nope. Leaning LucianRoy as scum, but I like to think I learned my lesson from what happened with RE. Actually, in LucianRoy's defense, he did seem to try to pull my vote from Re.

LucianRoy said:

One last point I dug up that is unrelated to the former, but still notable imo:
#675- Why would they beg Kiana for a read here? Reeks of desperation to me, like, 'please read me town and defend me!' rather than actually caring about what Kiana's read on themselves actually is. It's a weaker tell, but I found it off-putting.

I should take this on board as well. People asking for reads might just be looking for me to exonerate them. Although I doubt my reads have any bearing. Mostly why I'm also a bit reluctant to give them.

Seriously though, find Kit's vote for Tainted at the end there a little odd, although it could just be for shoring up the vote. 801

And whilst I understand people's questioning of myself on voting with Tainted at the end there, it's still within "sheep" explanation. I'm sticking to my guns as not totally scum for now. If I'm going to die on a hill, might as well do so in a blaze of wut?

Still, I'd also ask why everyone else voted with him. Given Marl was right on Re, amongst other things, I also question LanMisa, particularly given that he's also been probing me a little bit too much for my liking. That said it's reasonably understandable given my actions day 1.

So... No, nothing solid. That said,

Vote: Kit
Not even once.
Apr 6, 2019 2:49 PM

May 2017
Bugger me. Sorry. My post is answering the questions by LucianRoy:

Quick question, are you familiar with the term: WIFOM?

Also, do you have any reads? Like, a single good read would suffice..
Not even once.
Apr 6, 2019 2:52 PM

Jan 2008
Phraze said:
Kit said:
reasons for..?

I town read RE and I agreed with her logic about tainted. And the scum read for tainted is no unprecedented from me either, I already previously talked about tainted before i voted him. I just needed to leave my vote on mike for an experiment at the time.

soul read is about you phraze, not about RE or about Tainted.

Apr 6, 2019 2:54 PM

Jan 2008
@wary_wolf see my previous post

Apr 6, 2019 2:55 PM

Jan 2008
how are you gonna scum read me for trying to secure what i believe is a mafia lynch and then give a free pass to all the LULS LETS CFD people who literally sheeped eachother with almost no reasons given

Apr 6, 2019 3:01 PM

Oct 2011
Kit said:
Phraze said:
reasons for..?

I town read RE and I agreed with her logic about tainted. And the scum read for tainted is no unprecedented from me either, I already previously talked about tainted before i voted him. I just needed to leave my vote on mike for an experiment at the time.

so u sheeped RE? don't remember u suspecting Tainted, but mostly focused on Marlu vs Lan.

soul read on me is still invalid without reason

Apr 6, 2019 3:04 PM

Nov 2015
Votecount 2.1

01001110 01101111 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01110111 01101001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011

Tainted (3) - Phraze, LucianRoy, Kit
Kit (1) - Wary_Wolf

Not Voting: DenjaX, Starpendle, Kiiruma, Tainted, ForgotToFlush, yurkin, Dude_mike, LanMisa, Karote, Kiana_Kaslana

Deadline will be 5pm on Tuesday, April 9th, with a Twilight phase of 0-12 hours because all most of the hosts are human beings.
Apr 6, 2019 3:14 PM

Aug 2013
Wary_Wolf said:
Nope. But I have google, and I'll keep that in mind.

Gotcha, I only ask b/c you seem to believe scum are indicating a Tainted lynch by trying to analyze why they made their night kill on RE.
Wary_Wolf said:

So this would imply you think Tainted is town?

Nope. Leaning LucianRoy as scum, but I like to think I learned my lesson from what happened with RE. Actually, in LucianRoy's defense, he did seem to try to pull my vote from Re.

You seem very conflicted in your read on me. Could you explain a bit more why you think I'm scum? details would be nice
Apr 6, 2019 3:15 PM

Jan 2008
Phraze said:
Kit said:
reasons for..?

so u sheeped RE? don't remember u suspecting Tainted, but mostly focused on Marlu vs Lan.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1773265&show=400#msg57288958

Apr 6, 2019 3:23 PM

Oct 2011
Kit said:
Phraze said:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1773265&show=400#msg57288958

hmm I see. fair enough.

Apr 6, 2019 3:52 PM

Oct 2011
quick glance at d1 vc: Denja/Star/Tainted with Kii/Mike to lesser extent.

Apr 6, 2019 3:54 PM

May 2017
LucianRoy said:
Wary_Wolf said:

Yes.

Wary_Wolf said:

You seem very conflicted in your read on me. Could you explain a bit more why you think I'm scum? details would be nice

I'll cease my joking around in the future. I try to keep things light-hearted, but can see where it's counter to people who take any sort of perceived shade as something serious.

Probably another thing I should have learned from day 1.

All apologies. I'll reiterate as Null lean.
Not even once.
Apr 6, 2019 3:54 PM

Oct 2011
Wolf and FTF stands out on Marlu train too. tho scum voting together is rare?

Apr 6, 2019 5:37 PM

Jan 2019
full role flips don’t happen? Well shit. How do we know how OP the neutral was then? I want to see broken roles.

We also don’t know what we lost in RE’s death. That sucks.

Scum can fakeclaim anything they want now.
Apr 6, 2019 5:39 PM

Jan 2019
vote:tainted

He’s still pretty scummy and it looks like many people agree

The reads of the neutral (lan > ? > ?) seem pretty legitimate too, maybe he might have PR/insider neutral hack info that influenced his read unlike us no-info towns.
Apr 6, 2019 5:39 PM

Jan 2019
Vote: Lan
Apr 6, 2019 5:40 PM

Jan 2019
Phraze said:

Not rare but do u think FTF and wolf is wolf?
Apr 6, 2019 7:15 PM

Aug 2013
Wary_Wolf said:
LucianRoy said:

Yes.

Alrighty, so the reason I brought up WIFOM earlier has to do directly with this conclusion you came to based on your original statement. Wine is a logical fallacy that's usually most prevalent when trying to predict what scum will and won't do, in this case, the reasons scum NK'd RE.

Your theory on why scum killed RE could be entirely correct, and nobody can disprove that. Notice the word /could/, because simultainiously, it can't be proven. It's only a theory that is dependent on what is currently, an unnobtainable outcome: Tainted's flip. Let me offer this as a rebuttle: the mafia killed RE because Tainted is actually mafia and didn't want RE forcefully leading a wagon on them all throughout D2, probably resulting in their lynch. Killing RE would buy Tainted time to counter this. Everything I just said is another theory, and yet its conclusion is obviously the direct opposite of the one you had from interpreting the NK. Who's right? Who's wrong?

The answer, it might suprise you, is neither of us. Because, supposing we're both town, neither of us can deduce Tainted's alignment from predicting the intent and thought process behind mafia killing RE. Neither can it be substantiated with anything proven, and they'll both remain hollow theories. Making a conclusion off of those theories is dangerous because there's no actual way to prove your theory correct in this current moment, it's just assumption that would only be revealed correct/incorrect post-flip. Instead, it's better to substantiate your read off of other things, specifially things players have said in thread, via the scum tell method, causal analysis, meta, basically any tool at your disposal. In summation, the conclusion, despite it having the chance to be correct, isn't actually supported by the assumption that scum did X with X intents and purposes. It's a non-sequitur.

Think of it like rock paper scissors, your opponent chose rock last turn, and you chose scissors. Will they choose rock again? What if they think you'll think that their next choice will be rock? And so on and so on. Or a better example: a cop is chasing a criminal at night on foot. The cop comes to an intersection in the road. One street is very well lit, and direct, the other is dark and winding. He can't see which way the perp went, which route did he take? Which street did the perp think the cop would choose?

A little unrelated to my main point, but whether it's trying to pull reverse psychology on town or not, scum's criteria for deciding a NK might not even be related to the person in question, (Tainted). There are a ton of factors that could go into deciding a NK, or absolutely none at all. One could be simply because scum thought RE was the strongest town, and they'll work their way down the list after that. Some players are very by-the-book, weigh their options, and kill the largest threat to their scum-team. Some players, like Jackrito, enjoy a good challenge and will sometimes specifially target inactives/lurkers. How kind! Some players are literally evil and will rng their NKs, though this is pretty uncommon.

Also, in the meta meta-game there are exceptions to NKA being wine, but those are very few and far between, really hard to see, and very conditional. So conditional that they're a pretty insignificant factor to consider when trying to read a player, at least imo. And you always have a chance of having an off game with shite reads and being completely wrong.

___

Phraze said:

It depends on the team. I've had teams that've orchestrated some pretty gutsy tandem voting before, so it's never out of the question, at least fmpov.

Claims like these only really work if you think one of their interactions can be established as w/w. But prior to that, it's a bit of a pre-associative to make based solely off of vote history.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (51) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.