New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (36) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »
May 25, 2017 8:19 PM

Dec 2016
DenjaX said:
I actually buy logic's take against grapefruit

Vote: Grapefruit21

Can you explain his take to me then? Because I'm still confused by it. As far as I can tell it was based on me flavor gaming and then tunneling. Not sure what else there is to it tbh.
May 25, 2017 8:24 PM

Nov 2008
Okay Gruffin is definitely scummy.

EDIT: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1617765&show=400#msg50858665 for future reference.
DenjaXMay 25, 2017 8:30 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 25, 2017 8:28 PM

Nov 2008
Grapefruit21 said:

Can you explain his take to me then? Because I'm still confused by it. As far as I can tell it was based on me flavor gaming and then tunneling. Not sure what else there is to it tbh.
I agree on logic about you being contradictory. You voted one someone who claimed PR because of a faulty flavouring. And most of all, you just sheeped in it. He got pissed because I think he believes a claim until proven otherwise. This game is basic and if Rinto was scum claiming doc, it is highly risky to be counterclaimed especially since this is a closed set-up game.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 25, 2017 8:29 PM

Dec 2014
Eh, denja, how is your role phrased? Rinto said 3 shot, 1 sef shot making it look like an x+y kind of thing. Or is it that you have 3 shots, and one of them is a self shot?
May 25, 2017 8:31 PM

Nov 2008
CorruptedPurity said:
Eh, denja, how is your role phrased? Rinto said 3 shot, 1 sef shot making it look like an x+y kind of thing. Or is it that you have 3 shots, and one of them is a self shot?
Don't you think it is rather strange how rinto claimed very specific shots? If you were doc and you claim, why would you claim your shots instead of just claiming doc? That will just help the mafia.

Rinto definitely has some other plans. muehehehe and before you ask, I ain't disclosing it xDD

Just doc will do.

May 25, 2017 8:39 PM

Nov 2008
CorruptedPurity said:
Ok... For logic, my thought process this game:
I guess this post was intended for logic but I completely understand your play before you even explain things. Because I would most likely have done the same. I like flavour hunting after all. However, I must say you got way over your head a lil bit because there is a note on your pm. You should have thought about whether the mafia has the note as well.

May 25, 2017 8:47 PM

Nov 2008
Suzune-chan said:
CorruptedPurity said:

Hmm interesting, what is the basis for this vote? I had strong suspicions of him and even though they died down by alot, there is still the gut feeling devil's advocate deep down telling me to be wary of him.
I posted it several posts back actually. I learned recently that I need to trust my intuition a little bit more because I make more mistakes if I cast it off for logic alone and that i rely more heavily on it them i realized. I first noticed Lamb in the entrance with a lighter comment. As the game moved on though I noticed this something is wrong moving through the posts by post 200 I was sure I was in the right place.

Um, let me build you a half case. One that is based a lot bit on gut and a little on facts. Tonally post 157 was the first one to catch my attention. The tone seemed unreasonably critical seeing what it was going towards, is is what made me pay a little more attention. Then this post really peaked my interest 203 because this seemed strange to question information so early and to draw attention to the fact that something was going on.

To be honest though, it was a super light and fluffy post that caught my attention. I noticed at work and I though, "Interesting thing to say, almost strained joking. Feels scummy..." that was where I first noticed it.

Edit: I remember now it was the having a baby during phase change post. Weird thing to tip me off, but something about it set the wheels in gear.
I dislike this kind of reasoning. I better find something else that adds to your case as I continue reading. Otherwise, your vote is bad and swingy.

May 25, 2017 8:47 PM

Dec 2014
DenjaX said:
CorruptedPurity said:
Don't you think it is rather strange how rinto claimed very specific shots? If you were doc and you claim, why would you claim your shots instead of just claiming doc? That will just help the mafia.

Rinto definitely has some other plans. muehehehe and before you ask, I ain't disclosing it xDD

Just doc will do.

I like this answer. You made me smile, I believe in your ability to ease the tension in the atmosphere. About the specificity of the shots, it's honestly wine material as best. Mafia could make weird specifities too and say "isn't it too specific? Why would I want to draw attention to myself." So it's NAI at best.
May 25, 2017 8:48 PM

Jan 2010
aa-dono said:

I would like to think that logic is the kind that notice slips. But all three: Lamb, Rinto-kun and Fo are in his "not enough info".
Why do I even have a Not Enough Info section to this list? Because those people either haven't posted at all or haven't posted enoughn they are different from neutral. So I get scum read for having people who responded while I was sleeping in my pre-sleep read list? I feel like that whole scum read snowballing on me stems from this misrepresentation of my post?

logic340 said:
Good morning world
I am going to drop a quick read list before I begin back reading
This is how I felt about people as I went to bed last night,

Town Lean:
Gruffin, Togs, grrr

neutral
Ruu, Purity, Suzune, Astros

Not Enough Info
AbuHumaid, Rinto-kun, Fo, Laby, aa-dono, Wyndz

Scum Lean:
Grapefruit

Hopefully the people in the NEI section have posted. seems like a good bit has happened since I left.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

May 25, 2017 8:50 PM

Nov 2008
CorruptedPurity said:

I like this answer. You made me smile, I believe in your ability to ease the tension in the atmosphere. About the specificity of the shots, it's honestly wine material as best. Mafia could make weird specifities too and say "isn't it too specific? Why would I want to draw attention to myself." So it's NAI at best.
I am currently on page 10. Before I continue, I want to ask if you are still suspicious of the doc claim?

May 25, 2017 8:53 PM

Dec 2014
DenjaX said:
CorruptedPurity said:

I am currently on page 10. Before I continue, I want to ask if you are still suspicious of the doc claim?

Yes I am. I find it weird that a 3+1 doc could find it's way into a basic game. If its 3 shot, it's totally sensible, if its 1 self shot and regular otherwise, it's also sensible, a 3+1 combo is too complex for a basic game I feel. I may be wrong in the sense that instead of 3+1, it's a 3 shot of which 1 can target self, which would make more sense. Secondly, doc is one of the last characters to ever claim, so an early, unprovoked claims seemed off to me.
May 25, 2017 8:55 PM

Jan 2010
DenjaX said:
CorruptedPurity said:

I never was.
I've said repeatedly I won't lynch without a counterclaim.

Edit I also your Rinto he needed to prove his towniness.

May 25, 2017 9:05 PM

Nov 2008
logic340 said:
I never was.
I've said repeatedly I won't lynch without a counterclaim.

Edit I also your Rinto he needed to prove his towniness.
Huh? I recall I asked CP xDD anyway, I can prove that grrr is mafia rolecop but I am sure you are not gonna like this method xDD

May 25, 2017 9:08 PM

Nov 2008
grrr said:
By the way, I am nameless zombie (I litteraly have no name, just zombie cop) and from my role description it is clear that the entire town is zombies but I am not sure if that is true for the other zombies. Is there anyone else, beside Rinto, who based on his role description can't tell if his allies are zombies?
I did weight training. What did you do?

May 25, 2017 9:12 PM

Nov 2008
Grapefruit21 said:
Suzune-chan said:
At this very instant, Laby-Gaga is.

Edit: Also possibly grapefruit

The fact that you're scum reading me largely for blowing the secret is a huge part of why I'm scum reading you fwiw. Your progression doesn't make any sense to me.
I agree with this. 10 points for Griffindor

Suzune-chan said:
Grapefruit21 said:

The fact that you're scum reading me largely for blowing the secret is a huge part of why I'm scum reading you fwiw. Your progression doesn't make any sense to me.
What about it does not make sense? Perhaps I can clear it up for you. I have been reading the topic all day, I think the progression is quite natural. It first I was humored by you, then you did some things I thought were questionable, then you continued to fight over the things that initially humored me, and now you want to know what I think and I am left with not a very good opinion on your stance this game however, since you opinion of you stems from how you handle things that appear in the topic and not on what you say, I cannot lynch you today because I want that intuition feeling I get too before I seal that. I am missing the obvious motive, so I ponder it.

Edit: Basically I think you wasted a couple of good opportunities and see stuck on past things instead of looking forward.
Are you kidding me?

May 25, 2017 9:20 PM

Nov 2008
Okay. I am on page 11 and I am going to stop here for the night. Imma get some sleep and digest these information.

Now I am starting to get curious on the build up on logic train. I only see the names but I wanna know how did that lead to happen.

Same with Lamby. I never really saw his actions as scummy because he already know that claiming human is merely a bait. And yet, he ended up getting lynched rather than people who aren't contributing at all.

May 25, 2017 9:31 PM

Dec 2016
DenjaX said:
Okay. I am on page 11 and I am going to stop here for the night. Imma get some sleep and digest these information.

Now I am starting to get curious on the build up on logic train. I only see the names but I wanna know how did that lead to happen.

Same with Lamby. I never really saw his actions as scummy because he already know that claiming human is merely a bait. And yet, he ended up getting lynched rather than people who aren't contributing at all.

I'll take full blame for that. I thought logic claiming with that wording made him town firmed. I no longer believe that. I hopped on Lamby because it was the only possible alternative to lynching logic, even though I thought they were likely town. All in all I played a crap end of phase.
May 25, 2017 9:40 PM

Dec 2016
DenjaX said:
Grapefruit21 said:

I agree on logic about you being contradictory. You voted one someone who claimed PR because of a faulty flavouring. And most of all, you just sheeped in it. He got pissed because I think he believes a claim until proven otherwise. This game is basic and if Rinto was scum claiming doc, it is highly risky to be counterclaimed especially since this is a closed set-up game.

I get that but I also changed my vote within about 3 hours of real time and I think in my second post after that vote. Him continuiing to point to that as evidence of me being scum so far after the fact and with little else to support it is why I thought his case was weak. It felt to me like he was trying to fit my behavior to fit his narrative that I failed his reaction test and was scum for it.

@Gruffin that is a huge find and makes me really really really regret switching my vote EoD.

@DenjaX again. Your reaction to Suzu's and my posts made me smile. You've started to flip my scum read on rinto.
May 26, 2017 2:54 AM

Dec 2013
logic340 said:
won't lynch
Togs, gruffin, ruu, wen, Rinto, grrr
Wait now i'm in your 'won't lynch' list?
You were all ready to lynch be not too long ago and you never even gave any reason to drop your vote on me. Why am i hopping all over the place in your read list??

logic340 said:
CorruptedPurity said:

Rolefishing.

Say even if Fo is mafia, would he respond that he is? This post has no true purpose except to maybe fish out PR. Another thing to factor in

You don't have to respond to this logic.
it's not role fishing it's my claim and when you see my role p.m. after my flip then you'll understand what I meant but since you don't seem to understand maybe you are scum?

Ehm no, pretty sure that's role fishing. It's not your claim, it's asking Fo if he's the same thing as you claimed.
It's basically asking Fo if he's a different role, and there's no way he would answer yes if he was scum. Meaning he'd basically only respond in a different fashion if he was a PR.

CorruptedPurity said:
2)This however does not defend the scummy actions he did, like falling for the trap and not noticing that Rinto went zombified, and if you don't feel like that's justifiable enough, he also aggressively tried to get the 4 people who did a very pro-town action lynched. I can't see how he could justify trying to lynch 4 people just because they are trying to scumhunt. Furthermore, he's being uncooperative and difficult to talk to, if anything, he is trying to cause more chaos within town, which is always a huge scum marker.

I can completly see his points with the whole flavor discussion. From my perspective you are the one trying to create chaos with that. When you know it's flavor unbreakable and try to break it with flavor then the result will obviously be chaos that's not profitable for town. You should've known this in advance.

Suzune-chan said:

CorruptedPurity said:

I know, I married her...

X-shots is usual, but x+y shots sounds fishy to me...
Sadly i have to second this opinion. I think this fall under some of the role has to be routed in reality post.
Grapefruit21 said:

I'm having a similar problem with Rinto as you. Just not sure what to make of that claim and the slot being radio silent and unfilled since then hasn't helped.
Seriously why is everybody misrepping rinto's claim?
He claimed: 3 shot doctor, 1 shot self-heal.
he NEVER said: 3 shot doctor + 1 shot self-heal.
The former is a 3 shot doctor that can self-heal only once. The latter is a doctor that can heal 3 times and then heal himself a 4th time as a seperate ability.

Also you lot seem to know exactly what to make of his claim: something that it isn't.
May 26, 2017 3:06 AM

Dec 2016
My issue with the claim has nothing to do with the plausibility of the targeting. It's all about the unprovoked nature of a doc claim.
May 26, 2017 3:16 AM

May 2012
I just....read Logic in isolation in three different games....for hours........NEVER AGAIN /dies

What I got from Alcatraz was he is indeed capable of being feisty as scum, as evidenced in these posts and their quote pyramids: 1993, 1846, 1989, 1610

His posts were similar in Kitty as well: (I skimmed, please, I'm so tired ;w;) 1053, 1152, 1438, 1604

Okay. My read of Logic has officially been debunked with this and with how Logic used his claim as a point against Fo. I think that aggression in within his town and scum ranges, and I'm not going to give it as much credence going forward.

@logic340 I've got some things that aren't quite clear to me.
243 I don't understand your progression with Lamby. how do you go from "feels like [he is] taking a light stab without really stabbing" and "feel like [he's] the one painting people with [his] posts" to not feeling the scum Lamby vibes?

Can you walk me through how you went from suspecting Ruu to not wanting to lynch her?

Also
logic340 said:
-Suzune, Togs, Wyndz, Gruffin (to a lesser extent) ask have the cutest read on me. Griffin is fence sitty but I doubt scum do that. Togs just hosted my scum game. I trust these reads.
Scum absolutely do that, lol. I don't know why you trust my read on you when it's been wishy washy garbage all game.
May 26, 2017 3:16 AM

Dec 2013
Astros said:
My mind has bus, wagon, and train filed away as interchangeable. I think I did this for another game some months back. Basically they didn't try to mount votes on me for it.
But.... but they're completly different things... D:

May 26, 2017 3:30 AM

May 2012
DenjaX said:

EDIT: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1617765&show=400#msg50858665 for future reference.
?
Grapefruit21 said:
@Gruffin that is a huge find and makes me really really really regret switching my vote EoD.
Er yeah. I'm regretting defending him now that I know my reasons were NAI. >.>
May 26, 2017 3:31 AM

Dec 2013
Togs said:
Laby-Gaga (5 votes): Suzune-chan (32), Gruffin (45), Astros (47), Togs (48), Grapefruit21 (49)
logic340 (4 votes): CorruptedPurity (23), grrr (35), Laby-Gaga (36), Fo (42)
AbuHumaid (1 vote): Wyndz (25)
Astros (1 vote): wen294 (41)
Fo (1 vote): Ruu (44)
Not Voting (2 players): AbuHumaid, Rinto-kun
I think the most suspicious people in this VC are the ones not voting / votes off in nowhere.
Well i felt conflicted about logic so i didn't want to vote on him (yet). Lambyga train wasn't much of a thing when i went to sleep.

CorruptedPurity said:
Well, I lost my motivation. Where do you guys want to go from here? Analysing Lamb's wagon, cause that's a pretty shitty wagon. Analysing lurkers like Abu and Wyndz? Analysing Logic's wagon? You guys take the lead, I'll just follow as I see fit.
Or just do whatever and see where it ends up

PentaFlare said:
@DenjaX has replaced @Rinto-kun. Please welcome him into the game.
Oh noes not the Denjazone.

logic340 said:
Grapefruit21 said:
@logic340 I'm fine to try to take it slow, but I'm a bit disappointed to see you flavor gaming this night phase after your reaction to us doing so earlier in the phase.
How am I flavor gaming?
How do you not see you're flavor gaming?
Unless it really was intended as role-fishing of course.

DenjaX said:
what's with the voting system? What does the number signify?

THE NUMBERS MASON!
WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

anyways, the numbers represent the order of the votes. That way for exmaple you see wyndz vote with a 25 so you can see he never bothered to change it for half the game or so.
May 26, 2017 3:33 AM

May 2012
Going to bed, hopefullyyyy I'll be able to reread a few more players before D2.
May 26, 2017 3:42 AM

Dec 2013
Gruffin said:
Grapefruit21 said:

I asked Penta and got a straight answer mafia are aware town are zombies. I suggest everyone do the same and we pretend pages 4-7 never happened.
I've checked in with Penta as well and he said that the mafia have been given sample town role PMs. This of course means that knowing town flavor is completely NAI, not just the zombie stuff. Also, Logic is not 100% cleared for claiming villager because the scum would have been told about the title if they asked.

So uh,

I think I'm going to reread this fiasco and maybe look through his posts in Alcatraz to see if I can spot anything.

Edit: spelling
Sooo basically logic's attempt did absolutly nothing but fishing out PRs. Good going logic.

Floofs said:
19 pages......
Ikr. When i started there were only 8. Haven't even really managed to read everything up 'till now cause it's moving so fast ;w;
May 26, 2017 4:26 AM

Jan 2010
@Togs I feel like Rosie in EEM right now reading this night thread.

May 26, 2017 4:29 AM

Jan 2010
@Fo running up my vote like that and disappearing is pretty scummy from my pov.

May 26, 2017 4:49 AM

Jan 2010
DenjaX said:
logic340 said:
FoS on
aa-dono. Grapefruit1, CorruptedPurity, and Lam-B
I doubt that all of you are scum. I doubt that two of you are. So I will ask you 4 to find a better line of play moving forward because I am not liking this flavor play BS you guys tried to pull. It's an attempt to break the game early and isn't even fun. Try some BA @CorruptedPurity.

If this continues I will replace out because you all are not making this game fun trying to break it open in the first day. Again I have faith in penta to make a game that cannot be broken in this way so if you guys mislynch town for it I will be highly upset and the fire and venom that comes of my keyboard will not be taken back. I'll risk being banned because town needs to get their shit together. For real!
o crap. I have bad news for you.... I am now here and I will most likely capitalize on that and you know that already xDD That's just how I roll
Nah you would have went about it in a more tasteful manner and done it in a way where we would have likely caught scum. The way purity went about it was just blah....The way I was attacked for being asleep when it happened confounds me to no end right now.

May 26, 2017 4:51 AM

Jan 2010
Grapefruit21 said:
DenjaX said:

I'll take full blame for that. I thought logic claiming with that wording made him town firmed. I no longer believe that. I hopped on Lamby because it was the only possible alternative to lynching logic, even though I thought they were likely town. All in all I played a crap end of phase.
I am going to say this in the nicest way I can. You should have left you vote on me. That jump to lamb another town after I told you all not to save me looks scummy as hell. The fact that you waited until the third time a claimed to jump makes me feel like you had a plan the entire time? Why save me when I explicitly said to use my death for information and I was your strongest scum read all day. I gave my claim with plenty of time before phase change so why wait until last minute to change your vote?

May 26, 2017 5:03 AM

Jan 2010
Here is a little about logic and why he gets so upset. Logic reads the thread multiple time. This is made evident by the ISO's he does (yes even as scum). Logic has read this thread at least 5 times. Yet I see most of you saying you are skimming? This begs a question how do you analyze something you skimmed over? It's like impossible this is a misnomer of the worst kind of you ask me. I am going to see who said they skimmed then did analysis based of skimming. That is a sure fire way to miss something important and head down the wrong path. A clear example of this is aa-dono calling me out for missing the BS flavor gaming that was incorrect anyway, because she skimmed a post and didn't realize I hadn't read anything from the people in my NEI pile. This lead to a huge snowball of logic must be scum because he didn't pick up on the zombie slip (psst...there was no zombie slip as I tried to tell you all for multiple pages). So now we should disregard pages 4-7 because Purity couldn't take th time to make sure his plan would actually work? But logic is still scummy? I feel like Purity tried to take advantage of towns ignorance because if I was making a plan I would be sure to make sure it would work? This is why you don't see logic make these types of plays because they hurt town more than help as evident by what happened here today.

While many claim that I am not looking at things from others perspective I feel like most of you are not looking at it from mine. I was slapped with a scum label for not seeing something that happened while I was away from the thread? I know I am the most active player but I think I am being held to an unfair standard due to that. "Logic should have seen that slip" yet logic just said he was sleeping?

So I don't know about you all but I have noticed that some players are better at reading other. So in my game I like to ask people what they think of me not because I want to read them based off of it but because I want to see if their meta is correct. Then I can ask other what they think of said meta. Like Ruu's read on me for example. She can read me very well, she just nailed me as scum in EEM comparing it to SM (@Gruffin I have grown a lot since Alcatraz you were in SM my EEM game is a way better version of that).

May 26, 2017 5:06 AM

Jan 2010
wen294 said:
logic340 said:
How am I flavor gaming?
How do you not see you're flavor gaming?
Unless it really was intended as role-fishing of course.
Nah the role fishing happened when Purity tried to flavor game Rinto don't try to put the blame on me now. And no i was not role fishing i wish they would have let me die since my death would have way more info than Lam's and I'm tired of this town already. I see why Rosie did what she did because people cannot get out of their own way. It's frustrating to be surrounded by insufferable people who wont listen to anyone but themselves while begin you to listen to them? Or blowing things out of proportion until they really turn into an issue like what has happened here. Town is well on it's way to losing and keeping me as a focal point of discussion is only going to hurt town further.

May 26, 2017 5:07 AM

Jan 2010
I am kind of at the point where I don't care if I hurt feeling some of you need to hear the truth and the truth hurts.

May 26, 2017 5:07 AM

Dec 2014
I think the break helped clear some emotions for me.

@logic340 I apologize for overreacting. I think I was being oversenstive and too harsh towards you afterwards. I genuinely felt hurt causing me to lash out, but I'll try my best not to let my emotions get the best of me in the future. I am truly sorry for that. I won't apologize however, for trying to flavorhunt. As much as you hate it and as much as it is flawed, I believed it was the best line of play at the time and I don't think I should be penalized for doing what I thought would be best for town. Although I'm kinda chill for now, I think it'll be best if we just seperated for awhile, for the sake of the game if nothing else.
May 26, 2017 5:10 AM

Jan 2010
Gruffin said:
Grapefruit21 said:

I asked Penta and got a straight answer mafia are aware town are zombies. I suggest everyone do the same and we pretend pages 4-7 never happened.
I've checked in with Penta as well and he said that the mafia have been given sample town role PMs. This of course means that knowing town flavor is completely NAI, not just the zombie stuff. Also, Logic is not 100% cleared for claiming villager because the scum would have been told about the title if they asked.

So uh,

I think I'm going to reread this fiasco and maybe look through his posts in Alcatraz to see if I can spot anything.

Edit: spelling
So do you still have faith in that town block formation now that you know mafia had the information the whole time? I feel like Purity tried to use towns ignorance of this fact against us. Seems like a pertinent question to ask if you are going to try and flavor game in this manner no? So even if he is town just like in SM mafia all he did was help the mafia D1 with his mechanic and flavor hunting. Part of the reason i suspected him is because as badly as it went in Sailor Moon outing a PR and giving mafia a place to hide. There is no reason to do it here again? But he did and it was just as if not more detrimental this time around. If we aren't going to learn from our mistakes we are doomed to repeat them.

May 26, 2017 5:10 AM

Jan 2010
Floofs said:
19 pages......
You can do it floofs i have faith in you!!

May 26, 2017 5:11 AM

Dec 2014
logic340 said:
I am kind of at the point where I don't care if I hurt feeling some of you need to hear the truth and the truth hurts.

This ideology would work for now, but would it work in the long run? You may win this game but all the future games you play, people would start to avoid talking or arguing with you. Maybe the stronger willed ones won't but most people would be scared of playing with you, how will you be able to scumhunt in future games if you have no one to talk to? Just saying, trading your reputation for a game isn't worth it in the long run.
May 26, 2017 5:13 AM

Jan 2010
DenjaX said:
Grapefruit21 said:

Basically i want to compare this to claire's unprovoked claim in Kitty Mafia. Grapefruit adamantly defended Claire on the basis of "You do not lynch uncounterclaimed PR's" so his vote on Rinto goes counter to this stance and which is his default stance. As scum he jumped on grrr's nurse claim and tried hard to get him lynched D1. So as town Grapefruit knows and cherishes the importance of PR to the point he will make himself look scummy to protect them. As mafia he wants to kill off town PR's as soon as possible and without having to use a NK to do it. This is my assessment of Grapefruit and PR claims.

May 26, 2017 5:15 AM

Jan 2010
CorruptedPurity said:
I think the break helped clear some emotions for me.

@logic340 I apologize for overreacting. I think I was being oversenstive and too harsh towards you afterwards. I genuinely felt hurt causing me to lash out, but I'll try my best not to let my emotions get the best of me in the future. I am truly sorry for that. I won't apologize however, for trying to flavorhunt. As much as you hate it and as much as it is flawed, I believed it was the best line of play at the time and I don't think I should be penalized for doing what I thought would be best for town. Although I'm kinda chill for now, I think it'll be best if we just seperated for awhile, for the sake of the game if nothing else.
I will do the same we need to work together because we are only a small part of a larger puzzle. I apologize again but i am going to be straight forward. I am going to make better word choices and proofread my posts better moving forward.

May 26, 2017 5:24 AM

Jan 2010
@CorruptedPurity With all the questions you had to ask the host to make sure your plan was working right did asking if Mafia know town is Zombie never cross your mind? It didn't cross mine because I was thinking of behavior of players not mechanics.
So a big part if why I felt your flavor hunting was wrong and bad is what has been revealed here now (which I am being blamed for rolefishing) the fact that PR's might have different zombie names than the vanilla town. I also though if town is all zombies and scum aren't then they might know that town are the zombies. So when I saw Zombiefied from Rinto all it said to me was he thinks I might be town. You then proceed to say you caught me as scum with your flavor hunt because I didn't pick up on something I was sleeping for? So I would like you to look at this from my PoV.

You have a plan to catch scum but you caught town (me) with it?
I have to wonder if the other people you caught with this plan are actually town?
You clear people that picked up on what you were doing as town but from my PoV is you caught town then scum could be hiding in your town block?
I ask for the flavor gaming to stop because you are trying to exploit an unexploitable mechanic yet it continued on.
Rinto and i are at the bottom of everyone scum pile because mechanics that are flawed (proven now by everyone PM PentaFlare).
I got a huge scum read and 5 votes based off a flawed flavor exploitation? Wouldn't you be upset as well?

May 26, 2017 5:29 AM

Jan 2010
DenjaX said:

I am thinking you are on to something here. I may have had the wool pulled over my eyes. With the whole you pocketed me so need to watch you early post.

May 26, 2017 5:42 AM

Jan 2010
CorruptedPurity said:
logic340 said:

This ideology would work for now, but would it work in the long run? You may win this game but all the future games you play, people would start to avoid talking or arguing with you. Maybe the stronger willed ones won't but most people would be scared of playing with you, how will you be able to scumhunt in future games if you have no one to talk to? Just saying, trading your reputation for a game isn't worth it in the long run.
Maybe so, but I think a swift kick in the ass in the short run is what people need right now.
Me, you, and Grapefruit made this about us and there were 12 other people in the game. I was more than willing to die to prove you all wrong this time because it would have provided my town with so much information. Grapefruit saves me then says he wishes he didn't and I am still likely scum? I don't even understand why am I alive right now then?

May 26, 2017 5:54 AM

Jan 2010
Gruffin said:
I just....read Logic in isolation in three different games....for hours........NEVER AGAIN /dies
Quite the read I am sure.

Gruffin said:
What I got from Alcatraz was he is indeed capable of being feisty as scum, as evidenced in these posts and their quote pyramids: 1993, 1846, 1989, 1610
These example do not even come close to what you are seeing here. I don't know how you even try to compare them to what you are seeing here. I read all of those posts and maybe it's because it's me but they are not aggressive or very feisty. Seems like you want to keep sitting the fence. You also saw a more recent game in SM was I feisty and aggressive there? Now read EEM (a better version of SM) and see if Alcatraz meta still hold up? If you are going to do the detective work do it all not just a piece that fits your narrative.

Gruffin said:

His posts were similar in Kitty as well: (I skimmed, please, I'm so tired ;w;) 1053, 1152, 1438, 1604
here we go with the skimnming again. I will take this as you don't know what you are talking about since you skimmed. When you do a more in depth read we can discuss it but i refuse to discuss with anyone who admittedly skimmed something from now on because you cannot fully understand it if you skimmed over it. It is not humanly possible.

Gruffin said:

Okay. My read of Logic has officially been debunked with this and with how Logic used his claim as a point against Fo. I think that aggression in within his town and scum ranges, and I'm not going to give it as much credence going forward.
So an old scum game trumps a newer you bore witness too? This makes no sense to me. Go read CCL (my second game in the club) then and compare it to me here that should be an indicator of my meta right?

Gruffin said:

@logic340 I've got some things that aren't quite clear to me.
243 I don't understand your progression with Lamby. how do you go from "feels like [he is] taking a light stab without really stabbing" and "feel like [he's] the one painting people with [his] posts" to not feeling the scum Lamby vibes?
You are combining different posts which is why you probably don't understand the progression. The stab comment was about him taking a stab at me but not going in fully. Painting people was the comment he made about Togs. Lam's style is to paint people with his posts so I find it hypocritical that he would call out Togs for it. I feel like Lam's town and scum game are very close I cannot read him after my initial post his play felt very similar to kitty and stray dogs (he was scum in both). But in the end I didn't vote him (i was ready to die for my town) you all did?

Gruffin said:

Can you walk me through how you went from suspecting Ruu to not wanting to lynch her?
With Ruu unlike others who blindly want to lynch me off she is thinking about the different possibilities. I am not sold on scum Ruu and don't think she was every in my will lynch or scum list this game? Those suspicions you linked weren't very strong so and were more than400 posts apart? When given the proper context it looks very different this is what I mean when I say slander. Those posts are so far a part how do you not see the progression unless you aren't reading my posts? I felt like in one post i was suspicious of Ruu and in the next I had her in my wont lynch list the way you had it phrased there without the numbers. Are you intentionally trying to paint me in a bad light rather than analyze what you are looking at?

Gruffin said:

Also
logic340 said:
-Suzune, Togs, Wyndz Gruffin (to a lesser extent) ask have the cutest read on me. Griffin is fence sitty but I doubt scum do that. Togs just hosted my scum game. I trust these reads.
Scum absolutely do that, lol. I don't know why you trust my read on you when it's been wishy washy garbage all game.
I really don't like it when the key words get left out. TO A LESSER EXTENT means not the same way I trust the others. Though you play seemed very townie motivated I have some concerns that you have raised now.

May 26, 2017 6:03 AM

Jan 2010
Ruu said:
Gruffin said:
Wait, @Ruu moved off of Lamby?

yes I voted for Fo because I think he is mafia.
I think you might be on to something

May 26, 2017 6:08 AM

Jan 2010
DenjaX said:
what's with the voting system? What does the number signify?
PentaFlare said:
The numbers after the names of players who are voting in the vote count signify when the vote was placed. Gruffin placed the very first vote, it has a (1) after it. Fo placed the nineteenth, it has a (19) after it. This is to make it clear which will win a tie breaker because of the longest held last vote system.

If a vote has been crossed out, it is because the player moved it. I'm keeping them in the vote count to make them easier to analyze because you can see where a player has been without looking at every vote count, just the most recent one.

The inverted tally is essentially a history of every vote a player has placed.

Also, a little reminder. The flavour I add to games is to add a little fun, but I put measures in place to ensure it won't have a major effect on the way the game is played. If you have any questions regarding how the flavour has been implemented, feel free to PM me.

May 26, 2017 6:08 AM

Dec 2016
logic340 said:

Then do that and stop making self righteous apologies. Move the game on and save it for post game.

For the record I can't believe you are still talking about how useless the hunt on 4-7 was from your posting at Fo and others about your claim.

I'd like to hear how you instantly knew the slip/bait was a town move and not worth pursuing. What made Rinto at that stage so obviously town?
May 26, 2017 6:12 AM

Dec 2013
@logic340 i know this sounds harsh but putting in more effort doesn't townclear you. As you said before you put in a lot of effort as scum as well. Some people simply don't want to invest so much time in the game either because that ruins the enjoyment for them (that's the case for me. Once i invest too much time in it, it starts feeling like an obligation to do instead of a game. Then i lose motivation) or because they simply don't have the time. You can't expect others to invest as much time into the game as you do. That said i do respect you for putting in so much time and effort.

Also if you come to somebody with something. They explain it the best as they can it doesn't mean you believe it. This may feel like tunelling or just plain ignoring what the other person is saying, but in the end you simply can't believe any/everything and it's up to the person themselves to decide what they do and don't believe. Sometimes resulting in a player feeling like whatever they say getting ignored.

2nd also, i don't come with you with things because other people scumread you. My own eyebrow raises at things and then i poke it. I don't bother commenting on this saying "oh this looks kinda town-y". That'd mostly be just filler and the thread would boom if everybody did that.
I know i'm kinda prone to tunelling but if i really didn't consider your posts after i formed an opinion you'd still be a scumread, and you're not. I might not spend as much time on reading and analyzing posts as you do but that doesn't mean i ignore them. I'm sure this goes for others as well.

Anyways i don't usually make these kind of posts but i do hope you get the message.
May 26, 2017 6:18 AM

Nov 2008
Ruu said:
grrr said:
Ruu ? I never said I am going to check him.

then it makes no sense what you did!

Claimed cop just to get the doctor not to protect CP? that's it?! You were not even planning on checking if your suspicion was right? I will never understand you grrr...
Cop cannot check everyone for the entire game. It is best to put suspects on lynch pile rather than bothering to waste the shots to investigate. Mafia wants to be seen as town after all. Perfectly logical.

May 26, 2017 6:29 AM

Jan 2010
Gruffin said:
Togs said:
Here is a random selection of early posts from Wyz in the last game, where he was town:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1614195&show=100#msg50735177

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1614195&show=100#msg50739786

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1614195&show=150#msg50740724

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1614195&show=250#msg50751056

I don’t read too much into the Abu vote because.. in the very last game he also voted Abu who then flipped scum, so from his pov the vote makes sense to me.

Tbh looking at your other points, I’m sorry but I’m not too convinced it makes him scum.. he also discussed mostly mechanics early on in the last game, and seemed to me to be more focused on defending himself then really looking for someone. I honestly feel like I’d need more to agree with your scumread. I can’t really focus completely right now though so if you see some stark difference with his Egg posts that I don’t, I’m willing to listen.
You are correct that Wyndz early play here is similar to their early play in the previous game, though I think they were much more engaged. But I guess I can see disengagement as a result of irl and thread atmosphere. Ugh, back to the null pile. >:(

If they don't get modkilled, this is still a good place for pressure, imo because there isn't enough to get a decent read in the other direction either.
I think the good place to pressure would be the players on the two town leading trains. If it's all town on those we have to get our stuff together and quickly. That being said I am fairly certain there is one if not two scum between those trains.

Only person I feel comfortable with off those trains is Togs the rest of you got explaining to do for me. I have never seen him make a move like this as scum. I don't think he sticks his neck out that far to fight off a mislynch because it could be seen as white knighting once I flipped.

May 26, 2017 6:33 AM

Nov 2008
CorruptedPurity said:
logic340 said:
thank you for doing this..I can totally see where you're coming from now but being that I see things a bit differently than you do it's just an agree to disagree type situation.

You know what I do when I see something out of the ordinary? I jump on it instead of paying with it and keeping it close to my chest. I tell what in thinking in a very direct manner. You've been there you know this? We did know about the countermeasures the host took as it was discussed in the sign up thread Rinto asked.
You gain back a little tired equity as I kind of agree with Gruffin that this feels somewhat similar to SM where you tried yo use mechanic to catch scum early. As I started it's a good place for scum to hide (as I like time hide in it as scum).

I'm glad that you can see where I am coming from and are more calm about the whole situation. I am completely fine with agreeing to disagreeing, what I didn't like was your hyper-aggressive stance in wanting to lynch anyone who participated in the flavorhunt. From my POV the flavorhunt was a very pro-town event as it could really net us some scum so for someone to be so against it seemed scummy to me, furthermore, you were one of the suspects of the flavorhunt, solidifying my read on you even more. I know the flavorhunt is flawed cos of what penta said, trust me I didn't know before I started it, I don't read the sign up threads for questions if I'm not pinged. But the results and reaction still points fingers at you. At the heat of the moment, your rash and snappy posts against me really frightened me, saying how you're about to blow up on me and such, thus I decided to try to pacify you but you seemed to take it personally so my only way of talking is waiting for you to relax and letting me write down my thoughts so we are on the same wavelength. Since you have taken time to listen to me, I shall give you the same treatment. Write about your defense, who you want to lynch and why. I'll promise to review it unbiasly, if I'm satisfied, I'll take my vote off of you and maybe even vote with you, but it must really make sense, not just a hunch here or there, cause I have strong evidence against you and Rinto. The topics I would like you to elaborate on during your defense is why were you so adamant on lynching those who flavourhunted (me, grape, aa) and why you didn't attack Rinto when he said zombified, but instead went along with it.
Alot of these points are so wrong. Since when is flavour hunting a town tell? It is obviously IIoA which is an active scum tell at best. You are tunnelling on Rinto to be scum slipping when it is obviously a bait similar to what Lamby did. Take a look again at his post about the zombified. He specifically mentioned grrr which I believe he wants to figure out his alignment and I am going to follow-up on that. Grrr did not bother with the bait so far. Rinto and I have info on why should we be suspicious about grrr and I want to get it done this phase.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (36) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.