Forum Settings
Forums

Basic Mafia v4: Haruhi Suzumiya Mafia | Game Over - Mafia and Third Party Win

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 51 52 [53] 54 55 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2017 7:41 PM

Aug 2014
How many people in the dead chat wanted me lynched? All of them? I totally got saved by Denja's death.
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Jan 8, 2017 7:42 PM

Jul 2013
hm
Jan 8, 2017 7:42 PM

Jan 2015
Gruffin said:
PentaFlare said:
This actually happens to me way too much >.<
Mostly with Skype mafia because I rarely ever win forum mafia
If I win, nobody trusts anything I say next game
Lol, I'll still trust you. I'll just be paranoid the entire time. xD
Rather than trust or mistrust how about we just enter the game white as a sheet and just take into accoubt the players action in that game only not the previous ones.
Jan 8, 2017 7:44 PM

May 2012
PentaFlare said:
How about I just lend you my ill fortune of rolling scum waaaaay more than math says I should
No thanks. ;w; Sounds stressful.
Kasai said:
Rather than trust or mistrust how about we just enter the game white as a sheet and just take into accoubt the players action in that game only not the previous ones.
Ah no, I was joking about that. I'm not going to rely on meta that much. ^^;;
Jan 8, 2017 7:45 PM

Jan 2008
PentaFlare said:
Gruffin said:
Never trusting Penta again. xD (jk)

XD congrats on your win~

And congrats to Phraze and Sithis as well. I totally didn't see a phraze/sithis/penta team happening @_@ even tho i suspected all of you at some point.. but not together

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Oct 2011
Kasai said:
Phraze said:
lul I so make great scum that I might be policy lynch in the future.... ._.

Been there done that not funny after a while
it's not funny at all since my first scumgame. this is my 2nd one straight btw. my only consolation is probably that...I'm a performer to keep town entertained playing the game haha

Jan 2008
XD were you watching? who did you think was scum?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Aug 2014
Kasai said:
PentaFlare said:
Tbh Kasai, you were right about me, but if I was town, I probably would have played LyLo exactly the same way minus the quickhammer, so then you would have been wrong. I'm just a PoE kind of player. I also don't like hesitating too much in LyLo. It has cost me games. Actually, I think it was you that I lynched by not following my gut, and since you were town, we both lost that game.

I know, I'm a bad townie. I get mislynched way too often. :P

Well if we are stuck in that lylo situation again I would still pick you if you play like this. I like to analyze players mindset and this time your poe was forced I pushed on this and showed how it was wrong and was just based on assumptions not facts. If you play the same while a townie without facts you would still be my go to.

Now I just wish that I was present from the start of the game to see if I could have catch you at the start.

Well, I think the difference would be that my PoE would be based on facts. This time it was also factual enough, you just didn't see it that way because you didn't have all the background of the thread and the interaction analysis everyone else was working off. Therefore, it was easier for you to see through the fact that mine was entirely dependent on the interaction analysis, which is factual enough, but shouldn't be used alone. Replacements are scary.

Also, I don't know if you would have caught me Day 1. My Day 1 play is my strongest but the longer the game goes on the more I start to flounder as scum. I have never lived past Day 5 as scum
Jan 8, 2017 7:46 PM

Jan 2008
Gruffin said:
Kit said:
I doubt we will get that lucky to be on the same scum team for my first scum game though ^^; but yep there is still a chance~
Shhh we must pray to the RNG Gods.
Dear RNGesus let me be scum with gruffin and phraze~

Jan 8, 2017 7:46 PM

May 2012
Ohhh boy. I can't wait to see the dead chat and the mafia chat on this one.
Jan 8, 2017 7:47 PM

Oct 2011
Gruffin said:
Phraze said:
lul I so make great scum that I might be policy lynch in the future.... ._.
Nah, policy lynches are for the players who are detrimental as either alignment, I think. You did good at faking contributions and getting townread. ^^
ooohh rly? arigato~ pls tell me u know a difference in my town and scum game... I wanna live ;3;

Jan 8, 2017 7:48 PM

Aug 2014
Gruffin said:

The mafia chat is currently about 30 posts of us poorly coordinating a quickhammer burying the rest of the actual stuff.

May 2012
Oh yeah @Soren did you ever stop scumreading me at any point? xD

Oct 2011
-shad- said:
Congrats scum team. You guys did great in securing the win

@Phraze you're doing better as scum and improving alot <3 im proud of you
thanks >:3 tho it was only 3/5 of my efforts.... I hate being scum geez

Jan 8, 2017 7:49 PM
Jan 8, 2017 7:49 PM

Jan 2008
Phraze said:
Gruffin said:
Nah, policy lynches are for the players who are detrimental as either alignment, I think. You did good at faking contributions and getting townread. ^^
ooohh rly? arigato~ pls tell me u know a difference in my town and scum game... I wanna live ;3;
You're less confusing as scum, so I thought you might be scum this game XD

Jan 8, 2017 7:51 PM

May 2012
Kit said:
Phraze said:
^^^^^^
EXACTLY.
Jan 8, 2017 7:51 PM

Oct 2011
Kit said:
And congrats to Phraze and Sithis as well. I totally didn't see a phraze/sithis/penta team happening @_@ even tho i suspected all of you at some point.. but not together

Kit said:
Gruffin said:
Shhh we must pray to the RNG Gods.
Dear RNGesus let me be scum with gruffin and phraze~
yesss plsu >w<

Jan 8, 2017 7:53 PM

Jan 2008
oh yeah, so all those ppl who said sithis/phraze couldnt be scum together were either wrong or scum (cant remember who said it). I never saw that logic myself ._. they didn't argue that much and scum use distancing.

Jan 8, 2017 7:53 PM

Oct 2011
Gruffin said:
and mason chat ouo

Jan 8, 2017 7:54 PM

Jul 2013
Kit said:
Thought lucian was scum but then I was told the scum team and thought town was doomed.
Jan 8, 2017 7:55 PM

Oct 2011
Gruffin said:
Kit said:
^^^^^^
EXACTLY.
haha. I think I tend to give more chances as scum, same as town, so maybe I'm overall less confusing as scum xD benefit of doubt is like my meta

Jan 8, 2017 7:55 PM

Jul 2013
Gruffin said:
Oh yeah @Soren did you ever stop scumreading me at any point? xD
Kinda, everything was based on my gut and couldn't exactly identify any scum intentions.
Jan 8, 2017 7:56 PM

Jan 2015
I have a question though since geuffin and kit was town why did they not hammer gruff

Aug 2014
Kit said:
oh yeah, so all those ppl who said sithis/phraze couldnt be scum together were either wrong or scum (cant remember who said it). I never saw that logic myself ._. they didn't argue that much and scum use distancing.

I was probably the one saying that the most. I wonder why?

Jul 2013
Soren said:
Penta got sent-a scum role pm
Vote: PentaFlare
Do not underestimate the powers of rvs.
Jan 8, 2017 7:57 PM

Jan 2016
Phraze said:
Gruffin said:
and mason chat ouo
Editted my original post with the mason chat.

I'll post the setup today and write up my thoughts on the outcome of the game tomorrow.

The scumteam played extremely well, however, especially in detecting who the power roles were and killing them. The fact that no one fully solved the game, even at lylo, is a testament to that fact.
Jan 8, 2017 7:58 PM
Jul 2018
Kit said:
PentaFlare said:

XD congrats on your win~

Arigatou gozaimasu. Though I played pretty bad. Still don't have much experience with Mafia :D
Jan 8, 2017 7:58 PM

Jan 2008
Soren said:
Kit said:
Thought lucian was scum but then I was told the scum team and thought town was doomed.
I'm still in shock that Lucian wasn't scum.

Oh well, I'll just add this game to my list of many losses~
One day I'll learn better and be able to win using analysis... one day

Jan 8, 2017 7:59 PM

Jan 2015
Crossbell said:
Phraze said:
and mason chat ouo
Editted my original post with the mason chat.

I'll post the setup today and write up my thoughts on the outcome of the game tomorrow.

The scumteam played extremely well, however, especially in detecting who the power roles were and killing them. The fact that no one fully solved the game, even at lylo, is a testament to that fact.

More like didnt even got a chance I tried to play a lylo game at 3 am for about 3 hours without even having time to reread as I was afraid of a hammer

May 2012
Kit said:
;w;
Kasai said:
I have a question though since geuffin and kit was town why did they not hammer gruff
Yeah, was that a part of the "poor coordination"? o_o I was a deadman talking then.
Jul 2018
Soren said:
Soren said:
It was pretty fun to see that stuff tbh. People were voting scum during RVS without knowing it, and calling each other mafia as jokes. It was super funny, I was laughing all the time. Even PentaFlare said multiple times "I must be scum!". lel
Jan 8, 2017 8:00 PM
Jul 2018
Gruffin said:
Kit said:
;w;
Kasai said:
Yeah, was that a part of the "poor coordination"? o_o I was a deadman talking then.
Indeed. Read the Mafia chat, the last 20 or so posts are amusing.
Jan 8, 2017 8:00 PM

Jan 2015
Gruffin said:
Kit said:
;w;
Kasai said:

Yeah and it was the sole reason for me to scum read you at the start. Like if gruff is town why are they not pushing that must mean kit and penta mafia together.
Jan 8, 2017 8:05 PM
Jul 2018
@Bursama in the dead chat:
I can't understand this town anymore.

I have a feeling this game will end in a perfect mafia victory.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Jan 8, 2017 8:07 PM

Jan 2008
oh my god penta checked me night two and thats why i was role blocked night 3... knowing Denja's role was just a ruse. even if my action went thru it wouldn't have done anything because penta didn't use any action ;-;

you got so lucky using your 2 shots for the exact 2 players who had the jailer role, in the correct order. seriously

Jan 8, 2017 8:08 PM

Oct 2015
Soren said:
Soren said:

Man lie
Woman lie
Stats don't lie

Stats shows that Penta roll scum each time most of the time

Stats > all xD

Thanks to vanitystar for making it
Jan 8, 2017 8:11 PM

Oct 2011
updated my mafia stats as of now my record is a perfect scumgame lol
https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=770282

was working on this game while naming gfx and stuff. ratio of my time was pretty good I guess :P

Jan 8, 2017 8:13 PM

Oct 2011
@logic340 from deadchat
either sithis/phraze had the best scum theatre ever or it's Lucian' spot then. Kit looks really bad from my perspective you think he's deep pocketed by penta?
nah I suck at theatre. Sithis was the one being dramatic lol

Jan 8, 2017 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
Phraze said:
@logic340 from deadchat
either sithis/phraze had the best scum theatre ever or it's Lucian' spot then. Kit looks really bad from my perspective you think he's deep pocketed by penta?
Agreed. But you were suspecting me too much :)
Jan 8, 2017 8:19 PM

May 2012
@PentaFlare
I agree that there is a good chance Gruffin is sitting on a power role. Their actions have been trying to create a small pool of targets to focus on which is behaviour I've seen from some investigative roles.
Ruu killed me in NnT because she thought I was cop for this exact reason! Whyyy me. xD
At least I was able to get you guys to RB a Vanilla Townie twice.
Jan 8, 2017 8:22 PM

Jul 2013
Good game scum, while I would have liked town to win as that is my alignment, scum pulled off a perfect scum game and they definitely deserve the applause for that. Penta especially who pulled off that cop claim that completely fooled town and for his incredibly convincing town act.

Certain things lead to the downfall of town in this game and for me its important to reflect on them and understand what went wrong in order to help me avoid it in the future. Even though I'm nearing 3 years of experience with playing mafia constantly, there is always something new to learn in the game because setups are constantly evolving and also players are infinitely interesting to play with, with so much different behavior yet to explore.

Back to my reflection on the game, the sonatta mislynch should have been avoided, or at least I think so. I think that sonatta flailed around too much to be scum, but when someone is like that, it is very tempting to just lynch them so I kinda saw it coming. Sonatta tricking penta to vote so that he could hammer gave penta the advantage to act dramatically against it and granted him subconscious town cred.

Rosie killing denja was unlucky for town, even more so when the only two people that flavor claimed were rosie's targets. Random shenanigans with setups that comes every once in a while~

Town was not prepared for penta's cop claim as that easily elevated him to the status of "confirmed town", along with his convincing town act, penta easily inserted himself into town as deep wolf. And to be honest, if I was still in the game I would have fallen for this act and wouldn't have been able to lynch him. But as a spectator, I gained a different view and from hearing the opinion of others better at reading penta, it helped me identify certain things that gave him away. So this taught me to never be too confident about a town read and constantly look for the flaws and cracks that reveals scum intentions. That's the only way to catch someone that's pulling off a perfect scum game, because after all, there is no such thing as perfection.

I wasn't really sure what the whole suspicion on kit was as I mostly skim read but I think the focus on that amongst some other things, prevented town from looking objectively, especially during lylo, and considering the entire town as a whole and who the final scum were. Personally, I think lord_sithis has been rather underwhelming this game but was able to coast along the game while avoiding any real suspicion while town had already mislynched 3 times. So what I think should be learnt from this is that players like these needs to be categorized and classed together with other similar players (like what logic does), and then pick out the one that is the most scummy. But that is also easier said than done, if lord and 0x40 were classed together during day 1, I think 0x40 would still have gotten lynched.

Regardless of the loss, it has been a fun and also incredibly informative game too. I see perfect scum games like this where I am town as a wake up call that I can do better, I just gotta look harder and see what is not seen, uncover the truth, and when I cultivate my skills to a certain level, no scum shall remain hidden in plain sight.
SorenJan 8, 2017 8:29 PM
Jan 8, 2017 8:25 PM

Oct 2011
Lord_Sithis said:
Phraze said:
@logic340 from deadchat
Agreed. But you were suspecting me too much :)
hmm yup. we worked out as a team pretty well xD

Jan 8, 2017 8:27 PM

Jul 2013
Kit said:
Soren said:
I'm still in shock that Lucian wasn't scum.

Oh well, I'll just add this game to my list of many losses~
One day I'll learn better and be able to win using analysis... one day
Me too, lucian has certain tells when scum but I ignored them and assumed his scum game had improved cause everyone was saying how great his last scum game was.

Many losses serves as motivation to win ~
I tell myself that each time too only to not be able to read between the lines ;w;
But I think I'm starting to get back into my mafia groove as I'm feeling the passion boil in me so that will drive me to do better next game~
Jan 8, 2017 8:36 PM

Aug 2014
Soren said:
Good game scum, while I would have liked town to win as that is my alignment, scum pulled off a perfect scum game and they definitely deserve the applause for that. Penta especially who pulled off that cop claim that completely fooled town and for his incredibly convincing town act.

Certain things lead to the downfall of town in this game and for me its important to reflect on them and understand what went wrong in order to help me avoid it in the future. Even though I'm nearing 3 years of experience with playing mafia constantly, there is always something new to learn in the game because setups are constantly evolving and also players are infinitely interesting to play with, with so much different behavior yet to explore.

Back to my reflection on the game, the sonatta mislynch should have been avoided, or at least I think so. I think that sonatta flailed around too much to be scum, but when someone is like that, it is very tempting to just lynch them so I kinda saw it coming. Sonatta tricking penta to vote so that he could hammer gave penta the advantage to act dramatically against it and granted him subconscious town cred.

Rosie killing denja was unlucky for town, even more so when the only two people that flavor claimed were rosie's targets. Random shenanigans with setups that comes every once in a while~

Town was not prepared for penta's cop claim as that easily elevated him to the status of "confirmed town", along with his convincing town act, penta easily inserted himself into town as deep wolf. And to be honest, if I was still in the game I would have fallen for this act and wouldn't have been able to lynch him. But as a spectator, I gained a different view and from hearing the opinion of others better at reading penta, it helped me identify certain things that gave him away. So this taught me to never be too confident about a town read and constantly look for the flaws and cracks that reveals scum intentions. That's the only way to catch someone that's pulling off a perfect scum game, because after all, there is no such thing as perfection.

I wasn't really sure what the whole suspicion on kit was as I mostly skim read but I think the focus on that amongst some other things, prevented town from looking objectively, especially during lylo, and considering the entire town as a whole and who the final scum were. Personally, I think lord_sithis has been rather underwhelming this game but was able to coast along the game while avoiding any real suspicion while town had already mislynched 3 times. So what I think should be learnt from this is that players like these needs to be categorized and classed together with other similar players (like what logic does), and then pick out the one that is the most scummy. But that is also easier said than done, if lord and 0x40 were classed together during day 1, I think 0x40 would still have gotten lynched.

Regardless of the loss, it has been a fun and also incredibly informative game too. I see perfect scum games like this where I am town as a wake up call that I can do better, I just gotta look harder and see what is not seen, uncover the truth, and when I cultivate my skills to a certain level, no scum shall remain hidden in plain sight.

Thanks <3
I am really happy I had a break from school to dedicate so much time to this game, it really made the experience really worthwhile.

There was at least one big crack in my play though. It came in the claiming part. I forgot I had visited you N1 so I still thought Sonata was telling the truth, and therefore that Denja was telling the truth. I had no clue he was VT. When I realized Denja was actually VT, I thought I was done. I tried to push through it with sheer enthusiasm in the way I suddenly switched gears with how I treated Denja. Apparently it worked, because the only person who caught the contradictions and was alive to tell it was Denja, and he didn't push hard enough before he died to get others to notice what he saw.

Sorry for killing you. Can't let the jailor live :P
Jan 8, 2017 8:36 PM

Jan 2008
"PentaFlare | Jan 3, 10:49 PM
Now I really don't want to kill Kit because they trust me :(
Killing people friendly to me is no fun :("

aww :') niceness can save my life

altho i was heavily suspecting penta by the end of the next night phase...

Jan 8, 2017 8:37 PM

Oct 2011
I hope Soren becomes maf one day for me to see his game >3>

Jan 8, 2017 8:39 PM

Aug 2014
Phraze said:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1514227
Jan 8, 2017 8:39 PM

Oct 2011
Kit said:
"PentaFlare | Jan 3, 10:49 PM
Now I really don't want to kill Kit because they trust me :(
Killing people friendly to me is no fun :("

aww :') niceness can save my life

altho i was heavily suspecting penta by the end of the next night phase...
lool

Jan 8, 2017 8:40 PM

Aug 2014
PentaFlare said:
Phraze said:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1514227

We lost that game because I forgot to submit a night kill on one of the nights. If you ever think you are a bad scum player, at least you didn't do that.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 51 52 [53] 54 55 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.