Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Aug 30, 2016 9:13 AM

Jul 2007
Rex_Connor said:
Fai said:

Yes, let's steal Lucy's best moment with Aquarius powers and give it to Gray.

Because gods know Gray suuure lacks powers.... *facepalm*

It was Juvia's powers to begin with *facepalm*.

Lucy pretty much got some of Juvia's powers in that arc *facepalm*

Actually no Aquarius existed before Juvia in the manga.
And the way the power was used was specific to Lucy.
Aug 30, 2016 10:10 AM

Mar 2014
Zero emotional attachment to Juvia. I don't care if they bring her back but I'm sure they'll find a way.
Aug 30, 2016 10:15 AM

Aug 2016
dinesj21 said:
Zero emotional attachment to Juvia. I don't care if they bring her back but I'm sure they'll find a way.

My theories on how Juvia will be brought back :

1) Larcade turns to the good side and extracts her soul from Gray's body and puts it back in her body.

2) Irene turns to the good side and affixes her blood and consciousness out of Gray.

3) They capture Neinhart, make him summon a Juvia Historia and then make her use Water Make : Blood to put blood back in Juvia's body again.
Aug 30, 2016 10:16 AM

Nov 2015
frostmourn said:
Rex_Connor said:
You weren't targeted, you were called out for your own stupidity. All of your -ve development on Gray was debunked, to a point that you had no counter to it.

Going for suicide "irrespective of the situation" is still -ve development for Grey, since the majority of his development involved him being taught the value of his own life.

Don't say it's cause his happiness was killed, no. There are many more people who care about him and could cheer him up. He knew Juvia for no more than 20 months, he still has people around him. So if you're unhappy, you're gonna suicide? You're gonna suicide if your parner dies? Things don't work that way. You live your life only once, and have got to live it to the fullest before dying, and should keep fighting for your life. That's what Grey got as a development. Him killing himself cause one person died, leaving behind multiple number of friends and family saddened and depressed is a commendable act? I call that coward-ism

And by the way, he got over the death of his parents, Ul, and Ultear GIVEN the time. He can surely get over Juvia's death as well.

I'm just going to ask you a question: Assume you have a girlfriend and get really close to her. You see her dying before you. You suicide? Just remember that your parents, siblings and friends who also care about you a LOT and would try to get you over that and try to cheer you up are still alive. You're gonna suicide leaving them saddened?

If the answer is yes, we have different outlooks on life and it's best that we agree to disagree

No it isn't, you can't disregard the situation just because you want to. Majority of the development is taught to Gray to not take his comrades lives away. What Gray did is par on the course.

Juvia is a major source of his happiness. It was because of her, that Gray's sulky self smiled at the end of the GMG arc.

Gray had two choices, Would he have the choice to commit murdering his partner, or killing his partner and saving himself. Gray picked option 1, and so it was called a commendable act. Being a coward is taking it the easy way by killing your partner and getting that out of the situation like it was nothing. Gray was taught by Ul, and his parents to care for his comrades,not kill him. Cowardism for example is what Gajeel would display if he was put in the lock spell position with Levy and chose to kill her.

Can he got over the deaths of someone he personally killed with his own hands?

Can he get over the source of his own happiness, and a girl he was going to date? Fuck no. Be practical.

I would suicide if I killed my girlfriend with my own hands. How the fuck are they going to cheer me up when they would abolish me since I would commit a sin to get away. Your parents, and siblings would cheer you up when you commit murder? Is that what you are telling me now?
Aug 30, 2016 10:19 AM

Mar 2014
Geekwoglasses said:
dinesj21 said:

1) Larcade turns to the good side and extracts her soul from Gray's body and puts it back in her body.

2) Irene turns to the good side and affixes her blood and consciousness out of Gray.

3) They capture Neinhart, make him summon a Juvia Historia and then make her use Water Make : Blood to put blood back in Juvia's body again.
She's my least favorite character in the series so I hope they don't bring her back. But sad to say, you're probably right.
Aug 30, 2016 10:33 AM

Jul 2007
Geekwoglasses said:
dinesj21 said:

More likely is

4) Just like with Gajeel it just randomly happens and she is back without Mashima explaining shit.
Aug 30, 2016 11:15 AM

Aug 2016
Fai said:
Geekwoglasses said:

More likely is

4) Just like with Gajeel it just randomly happens and she is back without Mashima explaining shit.

Sadly, you're probably correct :/
Aug 30, 2016 11:58 AM

Nov 2013
Isterio said:
the Gruvia couple is horribly written

because I like to spread oil on the fire :D
Aug 30, 2016 12:41 PM

Dec 2011
thank god both of them had the same blood-type otherwise she would've wasted her blood for nothing at all. :^)

Aug 30, 2016 1:06 PM
Apr 2016
Geekwoglasses said:
. Someone like Dimaria can stop time and I don't see someone like Ajeel, Serena, Gildarts etc getting past that unless we apply the law of NLF here but I'm not sure how Hiro will work that out.

Dimaria is shit without timestop

Her stats are comparable to Kagura in base lol, since she intercepted the attack from Dimaria without timestop

It takes about 0.3 secs to click teeth. I beleive that's enough time for top tier mages of alliance side like Jellal, Natsu and Laxus to blitz and one shot her.
Aug 30, 2016 1:14 PM
Apr 2016
ixarising said:

Except Natsu didn't use his FDKM against Serena.

Except that it was HISTORIA Serena who was beating up Team Natsu like it was NOTHING. Just remember that base Natsu was fighting on par with Jacob, a Spriggan

Historia Spriggans only has a portion of their true strength. See Wahl going from fighting on par with Laxus to an extend to fighting on par with Minerva (a.k.a Fodder at this point). This just shows you how nerfed Spriggan Historias are. Even Gildarts addressed to this. Serena went from being someone who could possibly beat Gildarts to someone who got beten by Gildarts with low difficulty. See?

Even Historia Serena was above Jacob level. Even Histria Serena was above the regular Spriggans

This just shows you how freaking strong the original Serena is. And Gildarts is the same power as him.

I have no doubt in my mind that Serena and Gildarts are at least a tier above FDKM Natsu. This is because FDKM powerup is confirmed weaker than DF powerup since DF is the most powerful powerup a DS can get. DF powerup is 2x-3x the base power (stated by Natsu in fight against Zero in OS arc).

Historia Serena himself was at least 2 times stronger than Base Natsu. Historia Serena is like 4/10 the power of the original Serena. This means that, even if you consider the FDKM powerup to be 2.5x (say), Prime Serena and Gildarts are still about 2 times stronger than FDKM Natsu

See? This is why I said they're a tier above FDKM Natsu
frostmournAug 30, 2016 1:17 PM
Aug 30, 2016 2:03 PM

Aug 2014
Were they getting beat up, though? Didn't look like anyone took any damage. They were just getting pushed by his water. More of a minor inconvenience really. Hell, his first attack just helped Natsu.
AllenNoahAug 30, 2016 2:22 PM
Aug 30, 2016 2:12 PM
Oct 2013
short_review said:
Isterio said:
the Gruvia couple is horribly written

That´s just fact. I can give anyone who asks a proper explanation why they aren´t believable. I´m not bothered by Juvia´s antics, but the fact that Gray straight up denied and refused her just to fall for her because she freed his dead father from his zombification was the equivalent of the damsel in distress who falls for her knight in shining armor. The damsel in this case being Gray!

There is one viewpoint I can imagine Hiro may have tried to convey which would justify the couple , but that is rooted in symbolism. Hiro could imply that they saved each other from the darkness, since both of them had closure after one saved the other from something they perceived as despair and only after being saved through the another they confessed their love for the other.
Possibly this could be Mashima Sensei´s way of saying they are each others light, aka they are each others soul mates and meant for each other.

But like I said it´s rooted in symbolism and if not applied it boils down to the the writing of a 3rd grader.
Aug 30, 2016 5:01 PM
Feb 2015
frostmourn said:
ixarising said:

Except Natsu didn't use his FDKM against Serena.

Except that it was HISTORIA Serena who was beating up Team Natsu like it was NOTHING. Just remember that base Natsu was fighting on par with Jacob, a Spriggan

Historia Spriggans only has a portion of their true strength. See Wahl going from fighting on par with Laxus to an extend to fighting on par with Minerva (a.k.a Fodder at this point). This just shows you how nerfed Spriggan Historias are. Even Gildarts addressed to this. Serena went from being someone who could possibly beat Gildarts to someone who got beten by Gildarts with low difficulty. See?

Even Historia Serena was above Jacob level. Even Histria Serena was above the regular Spriggans

This just shows you how freaking strong the original Serena is. And Gildarts is the same power as him.

I have no doubt in my mind that Serena and Gildarts are at least a tier above FDKM Natsu. This is because FDKM powerup is confirmed weaker than DF powerup since DF is the most powerful powerup a DS can get. DF powerup is 2x-3x the base power (stated by Natsu in fight against Zero in OS arc).

Historia Serena himself was at least 2 times stronger than Base Natsu. Historia Serena is like 4/10 the power of the original Serena. This means that, even if you consider the FDKM powerup to be 2.5x (say), Prime Serena and Gildarts are still about 2 times stronger than FDKM Natsu

On par with Jacob? Natsu had Lucy, Happy and Makarov helping him. That's not even on par.
Aug 30, 2016 5:30 PM

Nov 2015
Isterio said:
short_review said:

That´s just fact. I can give anyone who asks a proper explanation why they aren´t believable. I´m not bothered by Juvia´s antics, but the fact that Gray straight up denied and refused her just to fall for her because she freed his dead father from his zombification was the equivalent of the damsel in distress who falls for her knight in shining armor. The damsel in this case being Gray!

Care to rethink what you just typed? This post makes no sense.
Aug 30, 2016 7:43 PM

Aug 2014
ixarising said:
frostmourn said:

On par with Jacob? Natsu had Lucy, Happy and Makarov helping him. That's not even on par.

And as we saw, the only reason he needed help is because he didn't want to wreck the guild hall. If they were fighting anywhere else, one-shot. As we saw when Makarov launched him outta the guild.
Aug 30, 2016 8:13 PM
Feb 2015
AllenNoah said:
ixarising said:

And as we saw, the only reason he needed help is because he didn't want to wreck the guild hall. If they were fighting anywhere else, one-shot. As we saw when Makarov launched him outta the guild.

If Jacob hasn't decided to act like an idiot and close his eyes after stripping Lucy, Natsu could barely even damaged him at all.
Aug 30, 2016 8:15 PM

Nov 2014
This chapter was too much for my heart. As a huge Juvia fanboy my profile has her as my favourites she is dead. Oh how I wish it was little Levy. FAAACK!!!

SSJ01 Gray is ready to break the shounen plot next week! Yeaahhh booiiii!!!
Aug 30, 2016 9:32 PM
Apr 2016
ixarising said:

Ok, Natsu was holding his own while he himself was not going all out even in his base.

I say base Natsu ~ Jacob in stats. But Jacob can win because of the one shot spell
Aug 30, 2016 9:53 PM
Feb 2015
frostmourn said:
ixarising said:

Ok, Natsu was holding his own while he himself was not going all out even in his base.

I say base Natsu ~ Jacob in stats. But Jacob can win because of the one shot spell

He was cornered by Jacob till the stupid baldy decided to make Lucy semi-nude and close his eyes.....
Aug 30, 2016 10:31 PM
Apr 2016
ixarising said:
frostmourn said:

He was cornered by Jacob till the stupid baldy decided to make Lucy semi-nude and close his eyes.....

Yeah, but that was base Natsu holding back

He couldn't use attacks like Roar, Crimson Lotus etc cause of the guild hall. But anyways, Jacob could've won anytime by clapping hands. Plot prevented him. All I'm saying is that full power base Natsu is ~ Jacob if you take away the clap hax

But I swear I donno why Jacob isn't one shotting Mira even after saying he's done playing games, that plot armour tho. The fanservice excuse is BS, he just needs to clap his hands once FFS, how long does it take?
frostmournAug 30, 2016 10:36 PM
Aug 30, 2016 11:11 PM
Feb 2015
frostmourn said:
ixarising said:

He couldn't use attacks like Roar, Crimson Lotus etc cause of the guild hall. But anyways, Jacob could've won anytime by clapping hands. Plot prevented him. All I'm saying is that full power base Natsu is ~ Jacob if you take away the clap hax

But I swear I donno why Jacob isn't one shotting Mira even after saying he's done playing games, that plot armour tho. The fanservice excuse is BS, he just needs to clap his hands once FFS, how long does it take?

Well having brains clearly isn't in Jacob's personality. But since Jacob did clear the entire FT guild easily including Makarov, i don't see how he's inferior to Serena in terms of strength.
Aug 31, 2016 3:09 AM
Apr 2016
ixarising said:
frostmourn said:

Well having brains clearly isn't in Jacob's personality. But since Jacob did clear the entire FT guild easily including Makarov, i don't see how he's inferior to Serena in terms of strength.

That's hax dude.

Hax and stats are TOTALLY different.

Stats are:
durability, physical strength, speed, spell power, nuke power, attack speed, reaction speed, combat speed, defence, magic power (the sensable one, probably scales to some of the stats like spell power, cast speed, nuke power etc) and anything else I left out lol

Base Natsu ~ Jacob in pure overall stats, while going all out.

Serena=Gildarts >> FDKM Natsu >>> Jacob~base Natsu in PURE STATS

Jacob's specialty is hax. His hax ignores durability and one shots anyone. But the condition for his hax to work is for him to CLAP his hands.

Anyone who can blitz him before he can clap his hands can beat him. For eg: I'm pretty sure than among the alliance members; Gildarts, Jellal,FDKM Natsu and Laxus (and DF Gajeel, tho he can't go DF by his own will) can do it.

Same with Dimaria's timestop hax. The condition for timestop is click teeth. Click teeth takes about 0.3 secs, so anyone who can blitz and one shot her within 0.3 secs can beat her. The 4 mentioned above can do it IMO, which automatically translates to Serena being capable of doing that as well
frostmournAug 31, 2016 4:35 AM
Aug 31, 2016 5:11 AM

Aug 2016
frostmourn said:
ixarising said:

That's hax dude.

Hax and stats are TOTALLY different.

Stats are:
durability, physical strength, speed, spell power, nuke power, attack speed, reaction speed, combat speed, defence, magic power (the sensable one, probably scales to some of the stats like spell power, cast speed, nuke power etc) and anything else I left out lol

Base Natsu ~ Jacob in pure overall stats, while going all out.

Serena=Gildarts >> FDKM Natsu >>> Jacob~base Natsu in PURE STATS

Jacob's specialty is hax. His hax ignores durability and one shots anyone. But the condition for his hax to work is for him to CLAP his hands.

Anyone who can blitz him before he can clap his hands can beat him. For eg: I'm pretty sure than among the alliance members; Gildarts, Jellal,FDKM Natsu and Laxus (and DF Gajeel, tho he can't go DF by his own will) can do it.

Same with Dimaria's timestop hax. The condition for timestop is click teeth. Click teeth takes about 0.3 secs, so anyone who can blitz and one shot her within 0.3 secs can beat her. The 4 mentioned above can do it IMO, which automatically translates to Serena being capable of doing that as well

That's true however Jacob's hax has a weak point. Anyone who can get out of Transport's range (which is approximately the size of the guild hall) can avoid the spell. Then all it comes down to is defeating him.

As for Dimaria, while I agree with you that her stats are shit (her STRONGEST spell was blocked by a barrier by Wendy FFS -_-), I don't think anyone in Ishgar is that fast that they can blitz her in 0.3 seconds...

Dimaria really is a wild card IMO, let's wait how Mashima plays her out.
Aug 31, 2016 6:13 AM
Apr 2016
Geekwoglasses said:

That's true however Jacob's hax has a weak point. Anyone who can get out of Transport's range (which is approximately the size of the guild hall) can avoid the spell. Then all it comes down to is defeating him.

As for Dimaria, while I agree with you that her stats are shit (her STRONGEST spell was blocked by a barrier by Wendy FFS -_-), I don't think anyone in Ishgar is that fast that they can blitz her in 0.3 seconds...

Yeah, Jacob can be nuked from far off too, you're right

I'm pretty sure Serena's and August's reaction speed is within 0.1 secs, they got blitzed by a bloodlusted Acnologia, confirming that there are people who can easily blitz her in 0.1 secs

Lightning speed can easily reach near her in even 0.1 secs. This means Laxus can blitz her in 0.3 secs. Natsu has shown reacting to lightning in the past too, but couldn't react to meteor. So this means Jellal can also easily blitz her in 0.3 secs. FDKM Natsu blitzed Jacob, I think he can blitz Dimaria as well before 0.3 secs.

Serena and Gildrts are at least a tier above Laxus and Jellal, they blitz her hard within 0.3 secs.

IMO these characters can kill Dimaria in 0.3 sec or has counter to timestop:
ALL Dragons (travels across continents in minutes, enough siad)
August
Eileen
Gildarts
Serena
Jellal
Laxus
Larcade (by Hype)
Invel (instafreeze)
FDKM Natsu
DF Gajeel
Mard Geer (1000 thorns from below her, his cast speed is very high)
Zeref (he actually knows timestop lol)
Hades (taught Ultear time magic, can counter her timestop)
frostmournAug 31, 2016 8:16 AM
Aug 31, 2016 6:28 AM
Dec 2015
frostmourn said:
Geekwoglasses said:

I'm pretty sure Serena's and August's reaction speed is within 0.1 secs, they got blitzed by a bloodlusted Acnologia, confirming that there are people who can easily blitz her in 0.1 secs

Lightning speed can easily reach near her in even 0.1 secs. This means Laxus can blitz her in 0.3 secs. Natsu has shown reacting to lightning in the past too, but couldn't react to meteor. So this means Jellal can also easily blitz her in 0.3 secs. FDKM Natsu blitzed Jacob, I think he can blitz Dimaria as well before 0.3 secs.

Serena and Gildrts are at least a tier above Laxus and Jellal, they blitz her hard within 0.3 secs.

August
Eileen
Gildarts
Serena
Jellal
Laxus
Larcade (by Hype)
Invel (instafreeze)
FDKM Natsu
DF Gajeel
Hades (taught Ultear timestop, can counter her tiemstop)

How about Devil Slayer Gray?
Aug 31, 2016 6:32 AM
Apr 2016
Kibakast said:
frostmourn said:

August
Eileen
Gildarts
Serena
Jellal
Laxus
Larcade (by Hype)
Invel (instafreeze)
FDKM Natsu
DF Gajeel

How about Devil Slayer Gray?

By hype yes.

But he only has feats prior to the sacrifice. Prior to the sacrifice he's Ajeel level only. He can only beat Brandish and Jacob for sure (before the powerup)
He can surely blitz in 0.3 secs but I doubt he can one shot her.
But maybe he can one shot even prior to the powerup by insta freeze, but Ajeel broke the insta freeze. But I guess Dimaria can't since her stats are total SHIT
Aug 31, 2016 6:39 AM

Aug 2016
frostmourn said:
Geekwoglasses said:

August
Eileen
Gildarts
Serena
Jellal
Laxus
Larcade (by Hype)
Invel (instafreeze)
FDKM Natsu
DF Gajeel

Yeah, you're right. Not to mention, even if she does stop time, she won't be able to get past some of those characters' durability.
Aug 31, 2016 6:44 AM
Apr 2016
Geekwoglasses said:

Yeah, you're right. Not to mention, even if she does stop time, she won't be able to get past some of those characters' durability.

I think only dragons have that much durability (but irrelevant since they blitz anyway)

Swords are lethal and kill in FT verse. She can stop time and cut off the heads of humans.

So, unless you counter the timestop, you're dead for sure unless you're a dragon
Aug 31, 2016 6:48 AM

Aug 2016
frostmourn said:
Geekwoglasses said:

I think only dragons have that much durability (but irrelevant since they blitz anyway)

Swords are lethal and kill in FT verse. She can stop time and cut off the heads of humans.

So, unless you counter the timestop, you're dead for sure unless you're a dragon

Wait, I remembered about NLF as well so it may also be a factor as to how they can counter Age Seal.
Aug 31, 2016 6:49 AM
Apr 2016
Geekwoglasses said:
frostmourn said:

Wait, I remembered about NLF as well so it may also be a factor as to how they can counter Age Seal.

What does NFL mean?
Aug 31, 2016 6:52 AM

Aug 2016
frostmourn said:
Geekwoglasses said:

What does NFL mean?

No Limit Fallacy. Basically, a general shounen rule where if someone's energy or power levels is greater, they won't be affected by hax. For example, in Bleach, Soi Fon's bankai is a two-hit kill however when she used it on Aizen, it didn't work on him because his reiatsu was greater. In FT, that would be magic power.

And this is a common trope used frequently in anime/mangas
Aug 31, 2016 8:02 AM
Apr 2016
Geekwoglasses said:
frostmourn said:

What does NFL mean?

No Limit Fallacy. Basically, a general shounen rule where if someone's energy or power levels is greater, they won't be affected by hax. For example, in Bleach, Soi Fon's bankai is a two-hit kill however when she used it on Aizen, it didn't work on him because his reiatsu was greater. In FT, that would be magic power.

Ohh, I see. In that case Dimaria is the weakest Spriggan period. Her magic power is certainly the lowest among Spriggans.

But I think we shouldn't put unnecessary restriction on hax FOR NOW. We all know that Deliora was much stronger than Ul but her Iced Shell (a hax) one shotted Deliora regardless
Aug 31, 2016 8:31 AM

Aug 2016
frostmourn said:
Geekwoglasses said:

Ohh, I see. In that case Dimaria is the weakest Spriggan period. Her magic power is certainly the lowest among Spriggans.

But I think we shouldn't put unnecessary restriction on hax FOR NOW. We all know that Deliora was much stronger than Ul but her Iced Shell (a hax) one shotted Deliora regardless

Well tbh, if Age Seal was really all that powerful, Zeref would've used it on Acno long ago
Aug 31, 2016 9:03 AM
Oct 2013
Rex_Connor said:

Here is some logic for you!
It cures all the "diseases" causd by emotions called delusion, obsessive fanboying and blind shipping.

I´ll gladly listen as to how you´describe the content of this scene!
Aug 31, 2016 9:38 AM
Oct 2015
If Juvia is so important to Gray why the hell did he never ask her to marry him?
Aug 31, 2016 9:48 AM
Apr 2016
Geekwoglasses said:

Well tbh, if Age Seal was really all that powerful, Zeref would've used it on Acno long ago

Acnologia has lived for 400+ years and probably knows enough time magic to counter it
Aug 31, 2016 9:49 AM
Apr 2016
Karmafan56 said:
If Juvia is so important to Gray why the hell did he never ask her to marry him?

Cause she isn't, except for some forced AF panels. He only thinks of her as a friend/comrade at least from protrayal

This ship is forced AF
Aug 31, 2016 10:05 AM

Aug 2016
frostmourn said:
Geekwoglasses said:

Acnologia has lived for 400+ years and probably knows enough time magic to counter it

Good point. I also recall him saying 'A magic unbeknownst to even me?' during his skirmish with Irene.

frostmourn said:
Karmafan56 said:

Cause she isn't, except for some forced AF panels. He only thinks of her as a friend/comrade at least from protrayal

This ship is forced AF

It sorta is. How I see it is that Gray eventually developed feelings for her during/after Tartaros, although he had none before-hand.

Isterio said:
Rex_Connor said:

It cures all the "diseases" causd by emotions called delusion, obsessive fanboying and blind shipping.

I honestly felt that was a gag moment more than anything else.
Aug 31, 2016 10:42 AM
Oct 2013
Geekwoglasses said:

I honestly felt that was a gag moment more than anything else.

Gray´s face doesn´t look like he´s jokin,g in the scene. It was played off as a joke definitely. Juvia immediately ignores his statement and keeps fangirling. Nonetheless the joke is played at her expense while Gray is victimized. Even if it was solely meant as a joke it still taints any potential growth between the two. There is also no scene within the entirety of the manga between them that dictates or even indicates an opposite mindset for Gray. Until she kills the necromancer and by extension his zombiefied father which frees Gray from his newly discovered source of despair.

I already gave an explanation as to how Hiro a may have written their romance with a simple analogy in mind. It´s written in a post above.
This possibility only exists because as far as I know Mashima is an expressionist, not a realist (definition of artist). Logic & conclusion are only of derivative nature to him. As long as he can convey the feelings he intends to portray with his art he´s satisfied.
That assumption being based upon an interview he gave, in which he talked about his late father and the role model he is to him. To summarize: When Hiro was a little boy, his father drew a sunset in a different color than it actually had. Hiro around 10 years old asked him why he drew it wrong, to which his father replied that he didn´t. He choose deliberately to draw it in a different color because he felt like it, which if I recall correctly was his first memorable interaction with art.

Knowing this background and Fairy Tails consistent writing conventions it´s a valid option especially since this kind of plot line was literary done 1:1 in Kingdom hearts with several paired up characters.
Aug 31, 2016 12:13 PM
Apr 2016
Geekwoglasses said:

It sorta is. How I see it is that Gray eventually developed feelings for her during/after Tartaros, although he had none before-hand.

Yeah, and that itself is forced considering how events prior to that took place.

Like @Isterio said before, that was a damsel in distress moment for Grey, he needed a shoulder to cry on after his dad died, Juvia CAME there, it's not like he went to her.

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/416/10
Read this and the next page. She WENT to him, like always.

Honestly this keep is hella forced IMO
Aug 31, 2016 12:50 PM
Oct 2013
frostmourn said:
Geekwoglasses said:

Yeah, and that itself is forced considering how events prior to that took place.

Like @Isterio said before, that was a damsel in distress moment for Grey, he needed a shoulder to cry on after his dad died, Juvia CAME there, it's not like he went to her.

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/416/10
Read this and the next page. She WENT to him, like always.

Honestly this keep is hella forced IMO

You must have misunderstood something.
I´m not sure how experienced the people in this thread are with actual relationships, but in real life there´s always the pro active partner and the passive one. You won´t find a singular relationship in which people love each other 50% equal, there´s always one who puts some more effort into the achievement of the relationship, even if not noticeable to the naked eye.

The issue at hand isn´t the fact that Juvia is the one who goes yet again after him, it´s the fact that Gray only showed any affection towards her that went beyond comradery after she saved him. The situation at hand is the equivalent of this:
There is just no better example that explains how far attached from reality the concept of the knight in shining armor is.

Your accusation though seems to be misguided.
To give you an analogy. It´s like you´ve witnessed an alien and the first thing when asked to describe it, is you claiming how it´s skin color was weird although it had way more significant features that describe it as alien because it was designed by HR Giger.
Aug 31, 2016 11:57 PM

Nov 2015
Isterio said:
Rex_Connor said:

Oh? So you are using a clear comedic relief scene as your basis now?
Talk about deluded obsessive fanhating and anti-shipping.

These are facts:

http://rieriebee.tumblr.com/post/149721177175/why-chapter-499-confirms-grays-feelings-for-juvia
Sep 1, 2016 1:40 AM

Jul 2014
Omg did someone actually die!!! I still can't believe Mashima actually killed a character! Oh wait, she will still be communicating with gray via her blood...Still, it's a great start.
I really start to like that ice mage, like he is the only magician, who can use ice properly

Sep 1, 2016 8:26 AM

Mar 2015
What about blood type? Are Gray and Juvia has same blood type? If Hiro didnt thought of this, he is failure as a human.

2.3/5
Sep 1, 2016 8:44 AM
Oct 2013
Raijin-sama619 said:
What about blood type? Are Gray and Juvia has same blood type? If Hiro didnt thought of this, he is failure as a human.

2.3/5

0 blood type can be transfused to anyone.
Sep 1, 2016 8:19 PM

Mar 2015
Isterio said:
Raijin-sama619 said:

2.3/5

0 blood type can be transfused to anyone.

Arigatou Gozaimasu O o O
Sep 2, 2016 6:57 PM
Aug 2015
This is one of the greatest chapters despite its flaws.
The buildup to Juvia's death was fantastic.

Too bad she'll probably be alive in a few chapters.
Are you stupid?- Asuka Langley Soryuu
Sep 2, 2016 6:58 PM
Aug 2016
Isterio said:
Rex_Connor said:

Ah but at this point Gray is still in denial. Although Gray often ignores Juvia, this is the only time he actually denies her. A part of him is still remembering that he almoast lost her. If you've forgotten, Gray just 'died' to save Juvia. That causes a lot of mixed emotions. Throughout the series there are several small scenes of development between the pair. Although the pair's development is very subtle, it's there from the beginning. Gray did allow Juvia to live with him after all. Not to mention all those small moments in between. Gray and Juvia are actually one of my favorite couples because of how far they've come. Over time Juvia has calmed down quite a lot, and Gray has grown much warmer. Have you forgotten the scene just before the war where Gray tells Juvia he will reveal his TRUE feelings after the war, and to let him focus for now. For me this was the biggest turning point.
Sep 3, 2016 6:02 AM

Aug 2016
Guys, from the spoilers, it seems chapter 500 is going to be terrible...
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 352 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jovy - Sep 20, 2013

54 by aoo-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:22 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 349 Discussion ( 1 2 )

metsujin - Aug 30, 2013

72 by aoo-kun »»
Yesterday, 5:47 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 347 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishkoten - Aug 16, 2013

72 by aoo-kun »»
Yesterday, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2013

52 by aoo-kun »»
Yesterday, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 344 Discussion ( 1 2 )

alphastigma117 - Jul 18, 2013

74 by aoo-kun »»
Yesterday, 5:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.