Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 25, 2016 6:57 AM
Jan 2013
*sigh* just *sigh*
I don't know what to expect anymore except this manga ending immediately...
Why I'm still coming here is a Miracle itself
Apr 25, 2016 7:16 AM

Nov 2015
xso111 said:
frostmourn said:

Which is why this is a bad chapter. Jellal one shotted Neinhart with one of his weakest attacks, no matter how powerful this guy has become its still lame

because he's just that strong in this timeskip

It's not because it's that strong, it's because Neinhart is a complete fodder in durability.
Apr 25, 2016 7:22 AM
Sep 2012
Wow what a chapter, first of all the Seven Stars, Merody using her sensory link so the others can use that power, yes that cheating, but this is war, you got to do what you got to do. Gray and Lyon coming to grips with trying to surpass Ur that was great, Charles coming to save Wendy, that is nice to, though Celia get the hell out of here, without any magic she is going to get her self killed. And Lexus just being awesome.

As for the main fight, I liked that Kagura she is the one that put the fake Simon away and finally let go of her past, looks Jellal and Kagura might finally be allies.

Natsu going to fight August, before everyone goes nuts, relax we all know that is Gildarts opponent so cool off. Now who is going to fight this Ellen Belseron person, first of all where is she, looks like an Erza fight, but really come on, I want to see a team up for all of the strong females even Brandish take her down. Erza, Mira, Minerva, Kagura, and maybe the Mermaid Heel Guild master team up to take her down.

Is she related to Erza, who knows, she looks like her but not completely like Layla is Lucy's twin, it is not that level of the same character design. If they are related, I say sister or cousin, not mother, looks too young to be Erza's mother. We will find out in the future.
blfanApr 25, 2016 8:29 AM

Nov 2013
I don't get why people are bitching. Fairy Tail has been bad for hundreds of chapters, it's nothing new.

It's just that manga you read every monday while you wait for the other ones you really like. Sit down and relax.

/refresh link for Kingdom 472

Dec 2015
I can hear them,,,.. cries of retards everywhere,,,...

pretty funny to hear them whine... lol
Apr 25, 2016 7:32 AM

Jun 2013
short_review said:
I don't get why people are bitching. Fairy Tail has been bad for hundreds of chapters, it's nothing new.

It's just that manga you read every monday while you wait for the other ones you really like. Sit down and relax.

To be honest it's not like this was the pinnacle of manga, or something 'deep', it's mostly just for fun & entertainment.
Apr 25, 2016 7:33 AM
Apr 2016
short_review said:

There are bad chapters, and utter BS chapters. People bitch for those chapters, and unlike you many people here do like/used to like FT, which is why they are bitching.

This fight had a lot of potential,if Hiro played his cards right, and extended the fight with Laxus/Hades and Ul/Grey&Lyon, it would've been epic
Apr 25, 2016 7:36 AM
Jan 2014
This chapter is funny. One shot another one shot and another one shot. Alala Mashima
Apr 25, 2016 7:47 AM

Sep 2014
Aaand Neinhart is out, hopefully next one will fare better~
Eileen looks stunning damn *O*. Wonder if she's Erza's mother or sister.
Apr 25, 2016 7:58 AM

Jun 2012
metsujin said:
short_review said:

To be honest it's not like this was the pinnacle of manga, or something 'deep', it's mostly just for fun & entertainment.

I think it has more to do with the fact that even by Shonen standards Fairy Tail has incredibly lazy writing. The people that come in every week bitching about things that have been staples of the manga for years are annoying but it's not as if Mashima has written anything in this arc particularly worthy of praise either.

It's easy to see why this series is popular (even I think the side chapters are funny) but there really isn't anything it offers that isn't done better elsewhere, which is probably why it gets the most flak out of all the current popular long-runners well maybe after Bleach
Apr 25, 2016 8:05 AM

Jun 2013
Kaimon said:
metsujin said:

I think it has more to do with the fact that even by Shonen standards Fairy Tail has incredibly lazy writing. The people that come in every week bitching about things that have been staples of the manga for years are annoying but it's not as if Mashima has written anything in this arc particularly worthy of praise either.

It's easy to see why this series is popular (even I think the side chapters are funny) but there really isn't anything it offers that isn't done better elsewhere, which is probably why it gets the most flak out of all the current popular long-runners well maybe after Bleach

From what experience I have with other shonens (those with action obviously), and where they shine, making them better than Fairy Tail, are most likely the fights, the action. Because visually the art is nice, but it needs more substance than that. That's the main thing people complain about Fairy Tail.
Apr 25, 2016 8:10 AM
Jul 2018
Hmmm... decent chapter I guess. And here I thought Neinhart could be sort of a good fight, after all his maic was pretty interesting for me, but I got my hopes high for nothing... my last hopes are old man August and this woman, Eileen, wich I must say, really loved her costume.

If there happens to be a connnection t Erza (mother/sister whatever), I hope Mashima doesn't use this as an excuse for a lame friendship/family outcome...:sigh:
Apr 25, 2016 8:21 AM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:

From what experience I have with other shonens (those with action obviously), and where they shine, making them better than Fairy Tail, are most likely the fights, the action. Because visually the art is nice, but it needs more substance than that. That's the main thing people complain about Fairy Tail.

You´re right but the other issue most people seem to vocalize poorly is pacing and consistency. (Oneshots, Nakama power)

Hiro Mashima made two fatal mistakes when he introduced the series.
He didn´t make Natsu the strongest fighter within the protagonists cast than he proceeded to become stronger at a way too fast pace without training.

It´s like he took the worst parts of Naruto and One Piece and combined them.

Naruto was weaker than the cast surrounding him. He did not win a single fight against an Arc villain untill Pain and even required lots of training to get there. Luffy progressively got stronger without training over the 800 chapters and was immediately established as the strongest fighter alongside his peers, being buildup during long battles (some did really drag, but that was the minority).

To compensate Hiro constantly has to come up with deus ex machina that solve the issue in a poorly paced manner of one chapter.

Tell me if you disagree.
IsterioApr 25, 2016 8:47 AM
Apr 25, 2016 8:36 AM

Mar 2014
Considering that the surname "Scarlet" was given by Jellal back then, we might finally learn about Erza's true heritage. Anyone, the 11th member of the Spriggan 12 is revealed.
Apr 25, 2016 8:46 AM
Apr 2016
lol people are actually surprised.I smelled one shot before this chapter was even out.if Natsu beats August or Eileen then I'm done with FT.
Apr 25, 2016 8:48 AM

Jun 2013
Isterio said:
metsujin said:

You´re right but the other issue most people seem to vocalize poorly is pacing and consistency. (Oneshots, Nakama power)

Hiro Mashima made two fatal mistake when he introduced the series.
He didn´t make Natsu the strongest fighter within the protagonists cast than he proceeded to become stronger at a way too fast pace.

It´s like he took the worst parts of Naruto and One Piece and combined them.

Naruto was weaker than the cast surrounding him. He did not win a single fight against an Arc villain untill Pain. Luffy progressively got stronger withotu training over the 800 chapters and was immediately established as the strongest fighter alongside his peers, being buildup during long battles (some did really drag, but that was the minority).

To compensate Hiro constantly has to come up with deus ex machina that solve the issue in a poorly paced manner of one chapter.

Tell me if you disagree.

I'm only gonna stick to the Fairy Tail parts... anyway it's hard to disagree, even if as of recent (almost 3 years since the E.N.D. card was played, or even later since Zeref was introduced?) Natsu has been established as one of the strongest being in this world (zombie brother of the most hated mage & trained in the art of killing one of the other powerful creatures, dragons). The fact the he resorts to this power ups, it's not a good thing and frankly he brought it on himself, tho some powerups are 'legit', example when he ate Etherion, or other fights where he gets help from a friend, to emphasize one of the main themes of this manga, that of friendship, which in some cases is done well, example Phantom Lord Arc, where Lucy helps Natsu with his fight against Gajeel. But that doesn't mean he doesn't grow stronger from this fights, in terms of strenght and guess you could say battle experience as well... Basically it's all about the execution, some things are executed good some aren't, and many of the main flaws started with the GMG arc that's the point Fairy Tail was at it's lowest, but honestly given the sudden time skip a BS like second origin was inevitable, because it would've taken quite some time for them to train and make up for the lack of 7 years. Not to mention powerlevels (never liked those in the first place), are messy, frankly I didn't see a single manga that does them that properly. Anyway if Hiro executed the fights more properly, people wouldn't complain as much...? They still would.
Apr 25, 2016 8:53 AM
Nov 2015
Lol I am just waiting for Fai to comment :P
Apr 25, 2016 8:56 AM
Apr 2016
just wait when Natsu one shots Acnologia.tbh,I wouldn't be surprised.
Apr 25, 2016 8:58 AM

Jun 2013
Chaos_Harbinger said:

May I ask why? His comments are funny, but even if Mashima were to handle things differently, he would still complain.

Honestly I disliked this chapter.
Apr 25, 2016 8:58 AM

Sep 2013
frostmourn said:
Emirius said:

Tbf. Jellal was holding back when he used GC on Natsu, Oracion Seis and Jura.

But here Jellal went bloodlusted and we arent sure if Neinhart is even dead

Still doesn't excuse him one-shotting Neinhart with one of his weakest spells. So if we do power scaling now, he should be able to one-shot Zeref if he uses Abyss Break/Sema, which is ridiculous
zeref's on an entirely different league compared to spriggans... Just look at acno 1 shotting serena without using any magic.... Jellal needed a named albeit not ultimate spell.... See the difference?
Apr 25, 2016 9:00 AM

Aug 2014
Chaos_Harbinger said:

Honestly...what is there to say about this chapter? It's just another Fairy Tail chapter, for better and worse.
Apr 25, 2016 9:04 AM

Sep 2013
frostmourn said:
TheSinOfWrath said:

well we dont know if it's his basic and weakest spell or not, take natsu for example, he can use his roar like everyday, he does against noobs too, but when he used it full power, he did oneshot Hades and Bluenote, so it depends on the power used; and jellal used his full power this chapter

Other spells by Jellal are proven to be stronger in pre-time skip. Erza lost all hope when Jellal made Abyss Break's circle (Erza fucking lost hope, thats something), Self Destruction spell - almost destryed Nirvana, Sema - the one he was going to use against Jura covered half the city, the weaker one he used against Oracion levelled multiple mountains. Altaris actually killed someone.

Grand Chariot was casually blocked by Jura lol, but Jura got scared when Sema was being charged, meaning Sema >> Grand Chariot.
that just shows jellal's standing right now in this timski....he's basically at the top tier around the likes of august and eileen
Apr 25, 2016 9:04 AM
Apr 2016
xso111 said:
frostmourn said:

Still doesn't excuse him one-shotting Neinhart with one of his weakest spells. So if we do power scaling now, he should be able to one-shot Zeref if he uses Abyss Break/Sema, which is ridiculous
zeref's on an entirely different league compared to spriggans... Just look at acno 1 shotting serena without using any magic.... Jellal needed a named albeit not ultimate spell.... See the difference?

Zeref's specialty is his immortality.without it he would have been dealt easily.

Acnologia is on the league of his own.him one shotting God Serena is not some big shocker.
GokuSSJGApr 25, 2016 9:08 AM
Apr 25, 2016 9:05 AM
Feb 2016
I am so sick and tired of wendy and charle with this Im never going to leave you BS and seriously this chapter shouldn't have even came out this was a mess but I digress carry on everyone. I guess lets get to the fights in the North.... Im sure that this Eileen person is going to give Erza a power up or cry when she see Erza and helps her out smh...
Apr 25, 2016 9:05 AM

Sep 2013
Rex_Connor said:
xso111 said:

because he's just that strong in this timeskip

It's not because it's that strong, it's because Neinhart is a complete fodder in durability.
high mp provides high durability.... That was addressed already in tenrou arc
Apr 25, 2016 9:15 AM
Apr 2016
xso111 said:
frostmourn said:

Zeref admitted that he is no match for Acnologia, and don't remind me of God Serena getting one shotted, that was too disappointing after the display with next 4 WS. Zeref << acnologia

August is compared to Zeref, and August is a Spriggan (a top tier spriggan). If Jellal could one shot a mid tier Spriggan (Neinhart) with his weakest named spell, then he can one shot August with his strongest spell, which means he can do at least significant damage to Zeref with Sema/Abyss Break

Now you get why this fight was bad? Cause this implies:
spriggans are shit (well, they were shitted on since the beggining, but this was the worst)
Jellal got from say Wolfheim/Warrod level to August level in 1 year, since he wasn't even trying against Neinhart (angry =/= going all out, Jellal won with his weakest named spell)
Apr 25, 2016 9:17 AM
Oct 2013
Chaos_Harbinger said:

Honestly him and Darklight make those threads.
They are like the two sides of the same coin, one reacts overly protective and doesn´t allow any critism the other reacts overly hostile towards plotlines everyone including him were expecting ranting because his expectations came true.

If reallife was an Anime they would be a schizophrenic person that posts on two accounts.
IsterioApr 25, 2016 9:21 AM
Apr 25, 2016 9:17 AM
Apr 2016
Senjusage said:
I am so sick and tired of wendy and charle with this Im never going to leave you BS and seriously this chapter shouldn't have even came out this was a mess but I digress carry on everyone. I guess lets get to the fights in the North.... Im sure that this Eileen person is going to give Erza a power up or cry when she see Erza and helps her out smh...

Eileen x Erza lesbian moments incoming :P
Apr 25, 2016 9:34 AM
Nov 2015
@AllenNoah @metsujin well they are usually funny that's why...

@Isterio 0_0
Apr 25, 2016 9:36 AM
Sep 2015
TheSinOfWrath said:
RileyReid said:
She looks cool and all, but it's hard to give a shit about any of the Spriggans when you know that they're not gonna live up to the hype...

What happened to the "they are all around God Serena's level of power"? And yet while God Serena took the top 4 saint wizards in Fiore all by himself the others Spriggan are being defeated left and right in 1v1 fights
Well I kinda See what u mean xD if that's the case then I think God serena is on a whole another level, he's at least stronger than all of the spriggan shown

Or the author decided to give FT core members an OP boost that made the spriggains look weaker than they actually are. (Power levels are so messed up
World strongest wizards: Zeref,August,Eileen,
Spriggain level:natsu>laxus-jellal
In between:Erza
4 heavenly kings: Grey-geejal
Apr 25, 2016 9:42 AM

Jun 2013
Well, Have t say...way better how Erza beat his Shadows...even if she was an Bad Ass.

O___O This is Eileen....THAT IS FREAKING ERZA'S MOTHER OR BIG SISTER FOR SURE!!!!

Wait...Please not What Looks like Caesar Surgery Mark in her Left side of Stomach/Womb....This is Relative of Erza, No Mistake.

THE Monstrous 6? .....AKA Most Likely 6 True Strongest Mages of Sprrigan 12?
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 25, 2016 9:43 AM

Nov 2010
Looks like the next chapter is named " The Monstrous Six" . I wonder if it refers to the original 6 spriggans that were planned for this arc, or it is something completely different.

So far, August, Eileen, Invel , Brandish and Bradman seem to be, but there's one missing.
Zalmox1sApr 25, 2016 9:47 AM
Apr 25, 2016 9:47 AM
Nov 2015
Jarjaxle said:

Nah, the Spriggan once again proved they are a joke. This all seems like a filler until Zeref and Acnologia.
Apr 25, 2016 9:55 AM
Apr 2016
Zalmox1s said:
Looks like the next chapter is named " The Monstrous Six" . I wonder if it refers to the original 6 spriggans that were planned for this arc, or it is something completely different.

So far, August, Eileen, Invel , Brandish and Bradman seem to be, but there's one missing.

Brandish? ROFL, she is a low tier Spriggan, got one shotted by fuckin Cana lol

High Tier Spriggans :August, God Serena, Eileen, (Invel and Bradman by hype)
Mid Tier Spriggan : Neinhart, Dimaria
Low tier Spriggan : Ajeel, Jacob, Brandish, Wahl (Wahl may be mid tier)
Apr 25, 2016 9:55 AM

Jun 2013
Chaos_Harbinger said:
Jarjaxle said:

Nah, the Spriggan once again proved they are a joke. This all seems like a filler until Zeref and Acnologia.

Well....We can hope at least....These guys along with 4 Gods of Ishigar were supposed to be THE ULTIMATE Wizards...Losing only the Zeref and Acnologia....

So far, while they have had amazing and Strong abilities....Lost way too easily. Maybe these 6 were the Canon Fodder of the Sprrigan 12?
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 25, 2016 9:57 AM
Nov 2015
Jarjaxle said:
Chaos_Harbinger said:

Well....We can hope at least....These guys along with 4 Gods of Ishigar were supposed to be THE ULTIMATE Wizards...Losing only the Zeref and Acnologia....

So far, while they have had amazing and Strong abilities....Lost way too easily. Maybe these 6 were the Canon Fodder of the Sprrigan 12?

7 of them have lost and Brandish 85% has joined the FT side.
Apr 25, 2016 10:02 AM

Nov 2010
frostmourn said:
Zalmox1s said:

I was reffering to the "original spriggans" with that, not at their power levels. It was a mistake on my part for not mentioning.
Apr 25, 2016 10:09 AM
Sep 2015
assuming Ajeel, Wahl, Dimaria, God serena, Neinhart and jacob, could it be that the remaining six are the monster six? Especially Brandish, is she part of those monsters?

I love that. Maybe one spriggan ally~
I think there is a chance that Wahl, Ajeel and Dimaria will be in the war again. Hoping for that. I just want fairy tail to experience despair again ha ha.
Apr 25, 2016 10:12 AM
Sep 2015
frostmourn said:
Zalmox1s said:

Zalmox1s said:
frostmourn said:

I was reffering to the "original spriggans" with that, not at their power levels. It was a mistake on my part for not mentioning.

Ajeel's feats are far above Jacob and neinhart he would be mid tier.
Apr 25, 2016 10:16 AM
Apr 2016
manbot95 said:
TheSinOfWrath said:
Well I kinda See what u mean xD if that's the case then I think God serena is on a whole another level, he's at least stronger than all of the spriggan shown

Or the author decided to give FT core members an OP boost that made the spriggains look weaker than they actually are. (Power levels are so messed up

I wouldn't put Natsu above Laxus and Jellal.only with Igneel's flames.
Apr 25, 2016 10:18 AM
Sep 2015
GokuSSJG said:
manbot95 said:

He took down an avatar and one shotted bluenote(who made gildarts go all out)
Apr 25, 2016 10:18 AM
Apr 2016
manbot95 said:

Ajeel was almost one shotted by Laxus.
Apr 25, 2016 10:20 AM
Apr 2016
manbot95 said:
GokuSSJG said:

He took down an avatar and one shotted bluenote(who made gildarts go all out)

so????Natsu got the Second Origin and he trained for one full year.ofc he will defeat Bluenote.
Apr 25, 2016 10:20 AM
Sep 2015
GokuSSJG said:
[quote=manbot95 message=45746365Ajeel's feats are far above Jacob and neinhart he would be mid tier.

Ajeel was almost one shotted by Laxus.[/quote

Ajeel want even using a fraction of his power in that scene(as we saw put a sandstorm on the whole city plus Jacob was shown to be a pretty lousy fighter he just has really cheap magic)
Apr 25, 2016 10:24 AM

Jun 2012
Cool design for Erza's mom/sis, but....

Erza already defeated another Erza. This one will fall like the rest.

So.... August vs Natsu and Erza vs Eileen?
Apr 25, 2016 10:24 AM

Jun 2013
Chaos_Harbinger said:
Jarjaxle said:

7 of them have lost and Brandish 85% has joined the FT side.

Yeah but God Serena was Newest Member...so...he was Member number 13?

Apr 25, 2016 10:25 AM
Apr 2016
manbot95 said:
GokuSSJG said:
[quote=manbot95 message=45746365Ajeel's feats are far above Jacob and neinhart he would be mid tier.

Ajeel was almost one shotted by Laxus.[/quote

Ajeel want even using a fraction of his power in that scene(as we saw put a sandstorm on the whole city plus Jacob was shown to be a pretty lousy fighter he just has really cheap magic)

maybe he didn't but Laxus casually created a big attack to the point that August needed to intervene.Ajeel has a big AoE attack which is sand.he is no big deal compared to the other Spriggans,imo.

besides,if you are going by who defeated who then Natsu is stronger than anyone.

lets just move on shall we :)????we will ruin this thread.
GokuSSJGApr 25, 2016 10:51 AM
Apr 25, 2016 10:25 AM
Mar 2015
Relativly this was not an awful chapter

Gray, Laxus were good

Natsu is a combat wizard, agasint what i am assuming super gandolf,
i expect to go similar to his first battle with bluenote - enter gildarts/makarov

Team Mirajane is gonned get effed up, Plus i expect acknologia to show up
Eileen may be related to erza but she not her mother, her paretns were killed like all the other adults in rosemary village

Wendy, and carla, Im not mad , they love each

Jellal has always been one of the strongest wizards in fiore we already knew that, Natsu had to cheat to beat him and almost died, The title wizard saint isnt overhyped its just that out main cast has reached that level and beyond.

Spriggan ARE POWE RFUL WIZARDS, but fairy tail wizards are different, jsut like the first arc, THEY FIGHT WITH THEIR FIST TOO, so spriggan are basicly glass cannons thats whats happening here

I love juvia when she can do anything without gray by her side or saying his name.
very refreshing

Kind wish lyon would step back i wanted UR to talk to gray
Apr 25, 2016 10:49 AM

Dec 2015
Did not enjoy this chapter. This Eileen looks like she is up in the North along with Bradman. Gajeel's group don't look so good.
I'm just waiting for the story line with Zeref and Acnologia now. Only thing I'm really looking forward to.

Apr 25, 2016 11:11 AM
Apr 2016
manbot95 said:
frostmourn said:

Zalmox1s said:

Jacob is low tier only. Neinhart managed to momentarly take down Jellal (which means it would've one-shotted Kagura) and defeated Erza w/o breaking a sweat and had the entier battlefield occupied. Nienhart > Ajeel for sure
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 310 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanic - Nov 30, 2012

82 by aoo-kun »»
Yesterday, 5:52 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 306 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

azeriraz - Nov 1, 2012

111 by aoo-kun »»
Yesterday, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 302 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SilentTruth - Oct 4, 2012

105 by aoo-kun »»
May 15, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 298 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Azokrad - Sep 7, 2012

242 by aoo-kun »»
May 13, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 297 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

azeriraz - Aug 31, 2012

284 by aoo-kun »»
May 12, 10:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.