Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 7, 2009 2:25 AM

Jan 2008
Something along the lines of "ef", "kimikiss", "Kiminozo", "I's" and etc.

Anime recommendations preferred, but if there's a manga(complete if possible) that is an absolute must-read, then feel free to recommend it.

I want a real tear-jerker, but something fairly easy to watch... something that'll make me say "I'm really glad I watched this anime".

Also, I don't update my anime list very often, so some of the anime I'm "watching" may actually be completed. Just consider all the ones I'm watching currently as completed. Just so that people don't accidentally recommend anime on my watching list when I've actually completed it already.

Thank you. :D

EDIT: Oh yeah... my sig is gone. Here's a link to my list.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MistaCloudStrife
Jul 7, 2009 4:24 AM

Jan 2009
Hana Yori Dango (it may be old, but it's a classic)
Kare Kano (they have a very complicated, but heartwarming relationship)
Full Moon wo Sagashite (not one of my favorites, but has tear-jerker moments)
Jul 7, 2009 5:54 AM

Apr 2009
Bokurano
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Jul 7, 2009 8:20 AM

Feb 2005
Legend of the Galactic heroes is definitely the biggest tear jerker I have seen, but do note that tear jerking is not it's main focus, so the really tragic events appears mostly towards the end of the series, which might be why they make such a big impact.

Aria also does have a rather moving feel to it, especially Origination.

And when we are talking Aria, I'd also have to mention Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. There's a couple of short OVAs for it, but the manga is where the really moving stuff is, certainly one of the best manga I've read yet.
Jul 7, 2009 11:27 AM

Sep 2007
One title I can think of is Saikano. The basic ingredients of the story's tragedy are obvious in its premise, but there are some unexpected elements too.
Jul 7, 2009 12:19 PM

Mar 2009
Try Skip Beat, Full Moon wo Sagishite, and Lovely Complex~
Jul 8, 2009 1:04 AM

Oct 2008
Yes, definitely Aria. Not a romance, but once you get toward the end of all three seasons it will really start to affect you.

And yes LOGH, though as Baman said, it's not its main focus, so if you're looking for something more consistently sad or something to make you cry for whatever reason, it's probably not the best choice. Still, it has a couple of episodes that are so amazingly sad.

You should also check out The Place Promised in Our Early Days. It's similar to 5 Centimeters per Second.
Jul 8, 2009 6:21 AM

Mar 2008
Seconding The Place Promised in our Early Days, Full Moon, Saikano and Aria.

Also recommend Koi Kaze and anything Key and KyoAni did together.
Jul 9, 2009 4:25 AM
Jun 2009
I second Lovely Complex
Jul 10, 2009 5:48 AM

Jan 2008
A few suggestions caught my eye.

I've heard some good things about "Legend of the Galactic Heroes". I never really looked into it before, but I'll be sure to do that now.

"Hana Yori Dango" is actually an anime I've been trying to find, so thanks to whoever suggested that. I remember watching a bit of it, but never remembered the name.

"The Place Promised in Our Early Days" comparable to 5cm is enough to pique my curiosity.

And I'll be sure to check out "Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou". I'll probably check out the manga first. I tend to enjoy watching an OVA only anime after reading the manga.

And I believe I've seen most of the other recommendations.

I've actually seen Aria up to the first handful of episodes in Origination. The pacing was pretty slow for me and I marathoned up to that point, so you could say I'm taking a break from it for now. It's an enjoyable series, but I think I watched it way too fast.

And I've already completed most of the others(I actually just got finished with rewatching LoveCom again), but thank you anyway. :D

EDIT:

I just read the description for "Full Moon wo Sagishite" because I wasn't sure if I watched it already or not(with all the anime with tsuki and moon in the title) but it looks like I haven't seen it and the summary sounds appealing. Thanks for this one too.
MistaCloudStrifeJul 10, 2009 5:51 AM
Jul 10, 2009 10:20 AM

Jun 2008
If you like 5 centimeters per second, then try Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo.
Jul 10, 2009 10:29 AM

Jul 2009
Eh, I dunno about tears, but for a really good shows where you say I'm glad I watched it, go watch Toradora!
Jul 10, 2009 11:00 AM

Jul 2007
Good job picking up Full Moon wo Sagashite.

Also, you can't just stop at 5cm/s and Place Promised. Voices of a Distant Star is a must as well.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jul 10, 2009 11:01 AM

Jun 2008
You seem to be a Final Fantasy fan.

I recommend "Final Fantasy: on the way to a smile"
Jul 10, 2009 11:06 AM

Jul 2009
Ugh, just reminded me of Final Fantasy Spirits Within...
Jul 10, 2009 11:44 AM

May 2009
Halo_s_Maze said:
If you like 5 centimeters per second, then try Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo.

Or Voices of a distant star. Its super short though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Jul 10, 2009 1:06 PM

Jan 2009
"Hana Yori Dango" is actually an anime I've been trying to find, so thanks to whoever suggested that. I remember watching a bit of it, but never remembered the name.

Sure. =)

You can watch the entire series here:

http://watchfreeanime.wordpress.com/hana-yori-dango-sub/

Oh, and with Full Moon.. It seems sort of boring at first with Mitsuki rushing to auditions and whatnot... But, it quickly picks up.
Jul 10, 2009 2:11 PM

Jun 2009
i just finish some anime movie like that but not my style but you should like them (millenium actress), (tokyo godfather) and (Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo) and i only saw the first 2 chapters of the 3 chapters of (5 centimeter per second).
Jul 10, 2009 5:23 PM
Oct 2008
elfen lied, its guresome but the ending is eyejerker if you see it in postive side :)
Jul 11, 2009 5:27 AM

Jan 2008
BigSimo said:

And yes LOGH, though as Baman said, it's not its main focus...

I am not ashamed to admit crying manly tears over this anime! :p

Hmm... Sounds like you like a romance spin on things. You already got Koi Kaze, so how about: H20~ Footprints in the Sand.

That cleans my box out at the moment, as I see you also picked-up DNA^2 and Video Girl AI. Given that, try the manga on those two. I think DNA^2 pulls a nice tear-jerker better in the manga version myself.
Mr_PandaJul 11, 2009 5:30 AM
~ Mr. Panda // Twitter: @ManlyBats
~ The Anime Historian
~ Fleet Admiral, Manly Battleships®
Ask Mr. Panda Thread
Follow Mr. Panda's VCR of DOOM! review series here. Now on YouTube!
Jul 11, 2009 7:21 PM

Jan 2009
lovely complex or bokura ga ita (both are anime and manga)

Also I cried a bit watching LOGH its a superb anime for any genre one my be interested in. I would def recommend it.

щ(゚Д゚щ)
Jul 12, 2009 12:28 PM

Jan 2009
http://myanimelist.net/anime/147/Kimi_ga_Nozomu_Eien
it'll pull 'til you beg it to stop

More topics from this board

» Any anime/manga with birds as the main focus?

doomteensy - Yesterday

3 by this_shit_again »»
1 hour ago

» can you recommend me an anime i havent watched?

berkcan4you - Yesterday

5 by Ruskimeister »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Looking for Dolicon (Lolicon) Manga like Mujaki no Rakuen

wuhugm - Dec 3, 2013

10 by Introvert_ShutIN »»
5 hours ago

» Drama/sentimental anime

xSamdavidx - Yesterday

7 by mo_lave »»
Yesterday, 12:21 PM

» Best horror anime?

Matteye - Apr 27

22 by mayoiko »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.