Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2009 4:59 AM

Jul 2007
Time for a new Mindfuck-topic!
And this time, I want to read and make a list about TV-Shows, that blasted your mind, that fucked up your brains, and where you said every second while watching "WTF is that shit!?"

And like the Mindfuck-Games, there are some points, that I would like to be informed of:
- Name of the shows
- Genre (beside "Mindfuck")
- What's the show about?
- How many episodes and seasons?
- Is it finished or still producing?
- And last but not least: Why is it Mindfuck?

And some points, that aren't that important but maybe interesting:
- Characters
- Actors (or voice-actors)
- Awards and nominations
- and other facts...

PS: I don't mind, if you list shows, that you only can see in the internet (like flash-animated), but I don't want to see something like "Abridged series" or the like, and a link to this shows (only internet-shows!) would be nice.

Have fun!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 28, 2009 1:40 PM

Jan 2008
1)Name of the shows: "Life on Mars"(advised british version only).

2)Genre: police drama.

3)What's the show about?
About a modern cop(Sam Tyler) who was badly hit by the car and somehow "traveled" in space/time to 1973. Where he has a legitimate identity and is still a cop. So he's trying to figure out what the hell has happened and solving some cases(police procedure) in the meanwhile.

4)How many episodes and seasons?
16 episodes divided into 2 seasons.

5)Is it finished or still producing?
Finished.

6)And last but not least: Why is it Mindfuck?
Cause it's not really clear if a protagonist actually went to the past, or he just in coma(and just made this "world" himself) because of a trauma. To make things worse Sam has visions and hallucinations. Sometimes the are really freakish(little girl with a clown - totally blows your mind). And of course in the end of the series you ARE having mind-blowing plot turns. The end is absolutely EPIC.
For those who liked it there's a "sequel"(it has same characters, the plot is barely related) "Ashes to Ashes". It's also hot for mindfuck&freak stuff. Especially the last ep of the first season(S01E08), that's just as weird as they come.

PS. Nice club btw.
[Old School Anime Club]
Nov 17, 2009 11:45 AM

Aug 2008
Show: Courage the Cowardly Dog

Genre: Dark comedy, horror

About: Courage the Cowardly Dog revolves around the exploits of Courage, a small, pink/purple (while in dark) dog who, despite his name, is ironically afraid of the most mundane things. His fears are normally justified, however, as Eustace, Muriel, and Courage are constantly attacked by (or running into) various monsters, aliens, villains, curses, experiments, natural disasters, and other forms of peril that Courage must face and do whatever it takes to keep Muriel, Eustace, and himself safe.

Seasons/Episodes: 4 seasons, 52 episodes

Finished or still producing: Finished

Why?: Shit man, that show scared the hell out me when I was a kid. It was aired on such a child-friendly channel (I does not has Cartoon Network as a channel), yet it was so fucked up.
Dec 23, 2009 3:36 AM

Jan 2008
I've just finished 2nd season "Ashes to Ashes". It is seriously wicked(and great), it is. There will be final, 3rd season in 2010.
[Old School Anime Club]
Dec 23, 2009 3:50 AM

Mar 2009
Ardeur said:
I've just finished 2nd season "Ashes to Ashes". It is seriously wicked(and great), it is. There will be final, 3rd season in 2010.

Yep both Ashes to Ashes and Life on Mars were great shows - I did not know there was a US version was it any good ?

Shameless plug signature The Shorts Club

Dec 23, 2009 5:05 AM

Jan 2008
slenderfall said:
I did not know there was a US version was it any good ?
Nope, I've seen couple of eps(there is only US version of "LoM") and that was it)) The style, the atmosphere was totally lost i think.
And I just can't imagine anyone in Sam Tylor's boots exept John Simm.
ArdeurFeb 2, 2010 3:57 PM
[Old School Anime Club]
Jan 16, 2010 5:35 PM

May 2009
I'm surprised no one has done this one already o_o

Show name: Invader Zim
Genre: comedy, Horror-ish, Sci-fi

Basically, it's about an alien named Zim from the planet Irk that tries to destroy the earth. Of course, he never does because his plans are always ruined by his own mistakes, his robot named GIR, or his enemy Dib.
*according to Wikipedia* there are 2 seasons and 27 episodes.
-Finished airing

Anyone who has saw the show should know why it is considered mindf**k O_o it uses lots of black comedy that scared the crap out of me sometimes. For example, Zim stole organs from people in his school and put them in his own body until they were spilling out of his mouth!
Lots of crazy/scary things happen, but that's why it was Nick's best show.
Feb 10, 2010 3:15 PM
Sep 2009
how come happy tree friends isn`t in here?

Name of the shows: Happy Tree Friends (TV)

2)Genre: gore, dark humor (it shouldn`t even be counted as a humor in the first place)

3)What's the show about?
Mostly about random cute and colorful characters that look almost like stuffed animals. Well, those lil` characters suffer A LOT in just few minutes. Actually, it`s all about how bad can things turn out, how a normal, peaceful daycan turn out to be the worst nightmare. if you can`t stand the gore, irony and pessimism, this show is a hell.

4)Episodes: season 1, 39 segments that count as 13 full episodes.

5)Finished. Even though there is kind of a spin-off.

6)Why?
This show is so confusing at first. The name`s show is so calm, nice and contains the word "happy". Are the characters "happy friends"? NOT. You`ll see after 1 minute of HPF that everything is under a dark concept where even death isn`t taken lightly or easy. As it came popular by being a strange flash on the internet, in the end it arrived on the tv under the label "violence cartoon". Isn`t that enough?
Dec 29, 2010 3:46 AM

Nov 2009
How'd dexter get on this list?
Love the show but i dont see it as a mindfuck /:

Kutos to whoever put up Twin Peaks tho
Jul 13, 2011 2:13 PM

Jun 2008
My favorite mindfuck tv series are Ally McBeal (mind trips & hallucinations galore), Scrubs (also mind trips a go-go), Life On Mars (good mindfuck throughout), X Files (many episodes do include mind screwing elements), and The Prisoner (massive mindfuck).

Lost, Doll House, Flash Forward, and Eli Stone are mindfuck too, but I didn't like them.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Apr 2, 2016 11:15 AM
Apr 2016
what is cat soup about? is it creepy scary funny? people are saying to watch it
May 10, 2017 6:00 AM
Oct 2014
Twilight zone.If you like apsurd,horror atmosphere and old mowies from 50-s 60-s you will totally lowe this show.Personally,the best series.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» top 3 mindfuck anime and manga ( 1 2 )

sLy777 - Aug 13, 2008

70 by PAPOrr »»
Jan 1, 2023 1:45 PM

» mindfuck-movies ( 1 2 )

opal34 - Dec 28, 2007

70 by Pish_Posh »»
Mar 23, 2019 12:14 AM

» Anime/Manga Relations

Danish - Mar 15, 2008

35 by PantsMan »»
Jun 23, 2013 2:09 AM

» Your favourite mindfuck-moment(s)

opal34 - Dec 8, 2007

34 by Ayu-sama-0510 »»
May 14, 2012 11:49 PM

» What the hell is "mindfuck"? Why do you like it so much? (Or why do you hate it?)

opal34 - Nov 26, 2007

27 by newnar »»
Sep 7, 2011 4:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.