Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2009 7:33 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
wow didn't expect the editor to actually be useful. after last chapter i had written him off as being lazy but he actually showed that he spent time trying to figure out what's best for the guys.
Jun 12, 2009 7:40 AM

May 2007
Holy crap...I never realized how much there is to consider when taking into account the type of story the manga is being. What the editor said in the end makes sense, especially for a mystery. Most Jump titles are battle oriented, thus, that's what the fans of Jump are used to. If their first mystery arc turns out to be good and attract a new fan base, I think that's what'll help them even more so in the end.

Learning a lot (although its very general stuff) about this business.
Jun 12, 2009 7:48 AM

Feb 2008
Just cause they decided not to change the story yet doesn't mean that they are out of trouble yet.

Kinda like the way Miura handled himself in spite of the conflicting advices.
Jun 12, 2009 8:09 AM

Jan 2009
Well the editor has proven himself at least worthy of his position. Liked Mashiro's resolve. Its hard to predict what to expect each week =)
Jun 12, 2009 8:48 AM

Jul 2008
so the real question is- is chapter 7 going to do good, or will popularity only soar after the first story arc is done?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 12, 2009 8:53 AM

Nov 2007
kage-bunshin said:
so the real question is- is chapter 7 going to do good, or will popularity only soar after the first story arc is done?

since they are going for the whole change jump attack, i will say they wont do exceedingly well until later on.
Jun 12, 2009 9:27 AM

Dec 2008
Wow, an important decision... i think they'll do good with chapter 7, but i'll also like if they fall... that'll help them to grow more...
Still, i can't believe that an editor like that idiot could think in that way~
Jun 12, 2009 9:39 AM

Apr 2007
Phew, I'm glad they'll stick with the mystery genre.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jun 12, 2009 10:07 AM

Apr 2007
Wow, the editor surprised me there. I like their reasoning behind the decision, rather than the decision itself.

Jun 12, 2009 11:16 AM
Apr 2008
im kinda wondering about nizuma. do you think hes really just as he appears to be, or is there some dark ulterior motive he has? in the beggining i had thought the manga he wanted to get rid of would be mashiro's uncles manga, but i dunno. (¬¬);
Jun 12, 2009 12:07 PM

Jul 2008
o boy great chapter again

hmm was keepingit the same rly the best choice?
Jun 12, 2009 1:06 PM

Jul 2008
Tatsuchan18 said:
im kinda wondering about nizuma. do you think hes really just as he appears to be, or is there some dark ulterior motive he has? in the beggining i had thought the manga he wanted to get rid of would be mashiro's uncles manga, but i dunno. (¬¬);

He doesn't seem to me like that, but ... this is Ohba Tsugumi, you never know
Jun 12, 2009 4:33 PM
May 2008
i'm glad they're not selling out and making it a battle manga. plus by chapter 7, if you're completely changing your style, doesn't that make it that more obvious that you're just trying to get popular? i don't think that's what they wanna do.
but yeah it's intense. but mystery, if done right, is my favourite genre.
we'll see how it goes in the next chapter, i guess?
Jun 12, 2009 5:33 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
nihil said:
me too!

i hope they succeed but even if they don't it'll be a great learning experience.
p r o f i l e 👀
Jun 12, 2009 7:18 PM

Jun 2008
Naruleach said:
nihil said:
me too!

i hope they succeed but even if they don't it'll be a great learning experience.

I agree, too. I really like mystery...
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Jun 12, 2009 10:46 PM

Aug 2008
YAY!!! They sticked to their current story and didn't changed their style... Well I dunno what to think about Nizuma, but really this thing between them, I mean all the new authors, is getting nice.... I dunno were the real ones are, but Ohba is building a really interesting character base that will definitely make the story interesting.... Oh this might take a little longer than I thought guys.... Looks like alll this nw batch of authors, that Koogy guy included will break havoc in the manga industry and there's were Nizuma will begin to be the real rival for all of them... Nizuma is a real genius.... And he'll be the one to defeat.... Thought that editor was bad, but he was really worried about their own good.... At least we can finally trust in him for a while kekekeke

Signs,
Gren
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2009 1:06 AM

May 2007
So Miura is a good editor in the end. :) I'm also glad they're sticking to the mystery genre.
I like the scene where all the editors argue about what's best XD I wonder if that sometimes actually happens in Jump?

Jun 13, 2009 2:00 AM

Nov 2007
So seems that everyone is maturing one way or another, although not announcing results? Not so sure about that.
Jun 13, 2009 4:40 AM

Jun 2009
The best recent chapter of Bakuman. There’s something of metalinguistic in there, since the place of Trap is basically the same Bakuman gets in Heisei and the discussion about try to be mainstream battle or trying to do something new it’s probably something that crossed the mind of Ohba hundred times. What I liked the most was the dilemma about change the plot because of Heisei or not and their choice is definitely right. It’s better to do something that maybe will have a relatively short life in Jump but in the near future people will recognize its greatness than make abrupt changes in order to appeal that screw up the story.
Jun 13, 2009 5:33 AM

Jul 2008
that was a good chap, I think they shouldn't pay attention to the rankings as well. It will only dillute there original vision for the manga that they already had set out. I think the same can be said with music, artists who just make the best music that they can are ususally the ones that people respect and there art is in it's purest form, the popularity is just a perk.
Jun 14, 2009 2:28 PM

Aug 2008
NoyaChan said:
So Miura is a good editor in the end. :) I'm also glad they're sticking to the mystery genre.
I like the scene where all the editors argue about what's best XD I wonder if that sometimes actually happens in Jump?
Huh.... Deah Note anyone.... I'm pretty sure something like that happened while DN was written

And this links to this...
kurodayuchi said:
The best recent chapter of Bakuman. There’s something of metalinguistic in there, since the place of Trap is basically the same Bakuman gets in Heisei and the discussion about try to be mainstream battle or trying to do something new it’s probably something that crossed the mind of Ohba hundred times. What I liked the most was the dilemma about change the plot because of Heisei or not and their choice is definitely right. It’s better to do something that maybe will have a relatively short life in Jump but in the near future people will recognize its greatness than make abrupt changes in order to appeal that screw up the story.

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2009 9:43 AM

Jul 2008
very nice, the chapters keep getting better and better..
such a shame not in Trap too XD

Jun 17, 2009 1:39 AM

Nov 2007
Thank goodness they didn't change it. Anyone who reads manga would be able to tell them that people hate it when something completely changes it's direction. It would lose all its fans.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Aug 11, 2009 5:39 PM

Aug 2007
Wow, that was a great chapter. With each new one, Mashiro really comes to understand exactly what he needs to do. Takagi still doesn't realize some things, but I think Mashiro needs that kind of person around him to point him in the right direction. One thing that surprised me was Fukuda's thoughts on them keeping their story the same. I wonder if he said that just to mess with them a little... Niizuma seems to be the only one who completely gets it.
Jan 31, 2010 10:50 PM

Oct 2008
Still don't like the new editor..
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 13, 2010 12:44 AM

Nov 2009
NoyaChan said:

pretty much this XD I was kinda feeling sorry for Miura in the beginning of the chap. Still not completely happy with him as their editor but he's ...improving. As for the editors all arguing, lol I bet they do sometimes~

I'd be so curious about the rankings tho, it'd be hard for me to just ignore them if i was in their position lol XD
Oct 16, 2010 7:32 PM

Jun 2009
Well the editor's job is at stake too, so good thing they kept the mystery pace still
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 18, 2011 5:53 PM

Mar 2011
vindemon64 said:
Holy crap...I never realized how much there is to consider when taking into account the type of story the manga is being. What the editor said in the end makes sense, especially for a mystery. Most Jump titles are battle oriented, thus, that's what the fans of Jump are used to. If their first mystery arc turns out to be good and attract a new fan base, I think that's what'll help them even more so in the end.

Learning a lot (although its very general stuff) about this business.

What I learn from this manga about the business really makes me appreciate this and other manga. I do like the marketing strategy that they're pursing.

It makes sense for the editors to want to keep a niche manga that brings in completely new subscribers. Even if it isn't the most popular, if the desire of the editors is to get subscribers so the magazine can get more money, this would serve a better business interest than just keeping an average manga that would only help keep current subscribers.
Jun 10, 2012 5:39 AM

Oct 2008
I agree with Miura. Changing the genre would be suicide. Personally, I like mystery manga best. Also, I've read some manga changing some bits in the story and that only made it confusing and inconsistent. I'm particular about small stuff like that so I get frustrated when things suddenly change. And that's just tiny details. If the genre itself is changed, I'd probably drop it. That's just pertaining to me though.
Nov 8, 2021 2:28 PM

Dec 2007
lot of trial and error for miura lol.
but at least in the end he gave them the right advice, though his "quick learning" might be disadvantage.

ohba sure love to work on the theme he presented on vol3 with fukuda's discussion about stories that "takes time" to gain it's momentum.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 168 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Shih - Feb 22, 2012

52 by Adriannitro »»
May 6, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.