Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 26, 2023 8:01 PM
Apr 2020
Straight up banger episode for every reason
Jun 25, 2023 7:24 AM
Jun 2023
the beginning was normal and stuff but the end got me......... really...... really..... confused......
Jan 13, 12:00 AM

Dec 2022
through all resistance love finds a way, and the truth reveals itself
Jan 21, 6:48 PM

Mar 2022
Man we got a lot of character development for this episode. Pretty hilarious with Asuka just kissing Shinji out of sheer boredom. Who knew that Shinji can play a Cello and play a classical tune at that. I feel like Misato’s subplot was really handled well and plus we do get some development for NERV and man that scene with Adam was very unnerving I mean jesus the fact that it’s just hanging there is just…bleh…just bleh…

And just what was Rei doing in that private helicopter for Commander Ikari? And the fact that the first Angel is in NERV headquarters the whole time makes me wonder just raises even more questions about NERV’s REAL intentions as a whole. Great episode on the whole personally, I’m definitely getting closer to where everything in this show gets very trippy so I’m on the look out for that at the very least.
Mar 5, 7:43 PM
Feb 2024
I- dont know, no piece of art has ever effected me like this
Mar 7, 4:18 AM

Jul 2017
This is the real start of Evangelion.
The little scene with gendo and shinji at Yui's grave was fantastic, it helps the viewer to understand the enigmatic Gendo, and it's important to note that shinji is really trying to get closer to his father, in his own way.
Kaji and Misato's scene was awesome,a super realistic dialogue between them, it made me fall in love with the character of misato.
Asuka wants to kiss Shinji, but she is afraid of human intimacy, so she acts like she's disgusted.
Rei blushing for shinji's compliment was heartwarming.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Mar 12, 5:07 AM
Aug 2016
The scene where Kaji & Katsuragi end up kissing is very good, along with the music.

I like to see more scenes of Kaji, his loyalty is not very clear. He should probably end up murdered, when you serve two interests and you have your own, things usually end badly.
I hoped that through him, we could know more about the secrets.

But I don't quite understand the last scene. What is Katsuragi doing there? Where are they
exactly? It has lost its grace a bit. On the other hand, we see how they can ally forces between the two, if Adams' plan does not seem correct to them. How will Katsuragi react with this new information? !!
BaronLukisMar 12, 5:19 AM
Mar 12, 5:17 AM
Aug 2016
Reply to Neemesis_2
This is the real start of Evangelion.
The little scene with gendo and shinji at Yui's grave was fantastic, it helps the viewer to understand the enigmatic Gendo, and it's important to note that shinji is really trying to get closer to his father, in his own way.
Kaji and Misato's scene was awesome,a super realistic dialogue between them, it made me fall in love with the character of misato.
Asuka wants to kiss Shinji, but she is afraid of human intimacy, so she acts like she's disgusted.
Rei blushing for shinji's compliment was heartwarming.
@Neemesis_2
Neemesis_2 said:

It seems that they do that every 3 years or something. You get to a point, whether u dont know if the father acts like that to remind his wife, to keep "control" on his own son or to remind him that were beautiful things long time ago, to remind him is own humanity, because his secrets plans maybe answer a deep desire for power or egoist desires. Onto Shinji, is true he is 14, but after all what happened regards his father, its fair to ask, does he really need to behave like that towards his father? Not only his father, but towards other persons? Like if what others do, mattered! He spoke to his father, i really enjoyed having time to talk with you. And his father: I see... (you see that his own son still is a stupid brat??)

@Neemesis_2
Neemesis_2 said:

Maybe is that, or maybe she realized that she can never have anything with Kaiji, so she goes for another option.

Mar 12, 5:27 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to BaronLukis
@Neemesis_2
Neemesis_2 said:

It seems that they do that every 3 years or something. You get to a point, whether u dont know if the father acts like that to remind his wife, to keep "control" on his own son or to remind him that were beautiful things long time ago, to remind him is own humanity, because his secrets plans maybe answer a deep desire for power or egoist desires. Onto Shinji, is true he is 14, but after all what happened regards his father, its fair to ask, does he really need to behave like that towards his father? Not only his father, but towards other persons? Like if what others do, mattered! He spoke to his father, i really enjoyed having time to talk with you. And his father: I see... (you see that his own son still is a stupid brat??)

@Neemesis_2
Neemesis_2 said:

Maybe is that, or maybe she realized that she can never have anything with Kaiji, so she goes for another option.

@BaronLukis you will be very shocked when the show will go deeper in the characters' psychology,like asuka and misato.
shinji's relationship with Gedo is... very complicated. it's hard to understand gendo until the very end of the show.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Apr 4, 9:56 PM
Jul 2023
Interesting change of pace
- looks like Kaji and Misato will grow a romance
- Asuka seems complicated, ditching a date, then kissing Shinji and getting jealous of Misato.
- Wtf was Rei hooked up to?
- Adam looks creepy…. Has Gendo been growing it since Kaji gave him the embryo?
Apr 13, 5:56 PM
Apr 2023
Rather strange episode, some really sweet scenes with Mommy Misato and Kaji but also strange scenes like Shinji and Asuka randomly kissing. Also more Rei blushing. And of course goddamn Adam looking incredibly cool. Really excited for next episode with a Dirac Sea.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

811 by ToTheGyz »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 9, 2007

174 by Haz_Noz »»
Apr 26, 4:22 PM

» Should i watch this ( 1 2 )

Lonely_kun - Apr 18

72 by daazexx »»
Apr 26, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Voltlighter - Nov 29, 2007

202 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Apr 25, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

286 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 24, 4:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.