Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 27, 2009 7:40 PM
May 2009
im starting this because i want to hear what people think of him in full. most are like either "i hate him" or "hes bad". doesnt tell me much.

my opinion:
i think honestly he was good. in here they showed the stereo-typical potrail of a guy (sexcrazed) so of coarse most will hate him.
if sekai hadnt confused him with all the kissing and "practicing" then he would have never done all the crap he did. he would have been with katsura at the end and wouldve been happy. but sekai had to do all that stuff making him think its ok to do that with other girls if he isnt getting what he wants.
example: he had none with katsura so he went to sekai....sekai backed off so he went to otome.
so basically if he'd thought with his head instead of his hormones he'd have lived happily ever after with katsura.
your turn......
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 3, 2009 9:04 AM

Oct 2008
Makoto is human,

he is like everyone on earth.
The first priority in any bodies life is themselves, it is only through experiences and making choices that we change. Some people make choices which lead them to try and understand others. Other people just stay the same or make the choice to only think about themselves e.g. Makoto. And there are others who aren't even aware of the choices they make, they just blindly follow whatever crowd they happen to hang with / look up to.

I am indifferent to Makoto, he was just some guy who only thought about himself, he just wanted to have sex. This is completely understandable, nothing wrong with thinking like that, there is no such thing as good or bad, they are just names which a culture can use to label certain actions, and it even varies from culture to culture. In some muslim cultures it is ok to stone women to death if they cheat on their husbands, on the other hand western culture takes a dim view of such practice. In the end every individual makes a choice on what actions he/she considers good/bad and whether to try and do/avoid certain actions he/she categorized as good/bad (Note: you may still do something that you yourself categorize as bad). Because everyone categorizes actions for themselves (or in the case of sheep let others do the categorizing for them), 1 persons bad maybe another persons so-so. E.g. some people may think that downloading anime is ok, others may consider that stealing.

The first date with Katsura was evidence of how little Makoto took notice of others (Can be described as how selfish Makoto was if phrased negatively). Sekai tried to make him aware that he wasn't giving any thought to Katsura and that he should be more considerate of Katsura. But that failed since Makoto was just following Sekai's suggestions blindly rather than understanding what Sekai was saying.
Made up example,
Sekei: Katsura just needs time to be comfortable with having a relationship before you guys can move on to the next level in a relationship.
Makoto's thoughts: Oh so your saying Katsura will have sex with me, I just need to wait it out for a while, no problem I can do that. (But damn I can't wait to have sex with her)

Makoto didn't end up changing at all and towards the end of the series he was still totally self absorbed. He didn't even try to care about Sekai when she said she was pregnant, he was too busying worrying about himself.

In the end I just see Makoto as some self absorbed guy no different from anybody else. I know I can be just as selfish as him, ("in other areas" ....of course lol) so hence my indifference.
helmsAug 3, 2009 6:20 PM
Aug 24, 2010 5:04 PM
Dec 2009
Indifferent.
Oct 15, 2010 7:24 PM

Dec 2009
At first, on the 1st episode or our 1st impresstion xD Idk
But the 1st times we saw him, I was glad to have him as a character
because he looked like a shy guy & really nice on too

But, you know I didn't know that School Days was Horor
I just read the Synopis & I expected a Cute Harem
& then in the end I was tramotized >.<

He didn't really piss me off. I dont really remember
but I just hate the fact that he's a fuckin playboy & the way he thinks
just uses every girl how ever he pleases.
& cuz of that douche, he made almost every girl he had a strong relationship with
Suffer, almost all of them
Esepecially Kotonoha & Sekai
Oct 15, 2010 7:28 PM

Dec 2009
@helms

Great Oppinion, really strong in it, which makes alot of sense ^^
but its kinda hard to think that way, when not alot of us would be like that and do the same thing
or just that were not like that
or better to say, that its just an Anime xD

I dont know what to say, but the Anime was Creepy >.<
It was just too much, I really didn't know it was Horor
I dont even know why I joined the Club xD
I Guess its just for the heck of it?
Nov 22, 2010 3:53 PM

Apr 2009
Mm, being a person who highly values honor, I truly despise the boy. Not only is the guy easily manipulated and unfaithful to his friends but he time and time again shows that truly does not care about other people's feelings unless when they are convenient to him. An example is how he didn't care about his earlier treatment to Ketsura until after no one else decide they wanted to have nothing to do with him.
May 27, 2018 11:50 AM
May 2018
Makoto is kind of mysterious. We don't see much introspection from him, or hear his thoughts about what he's doing (if he's thinking at all). This could be because he's based on the player character of a visual novel? Idk
I think whenever he sees the effects he's having, he shows guilt. He never completely owns up to it, but at any rate, he has some degree of conscience, so I think there's hope for him. He's also still a teenager idiot, who's to say if this behavior would've continued into adulthood?
KawaiiNeko94Nov 15, 2019 2:42 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» R U a Kotonoha's fan or a Sekai's fan???

Blivionis - May 23, 2009

39 by Erikillo »»
Apr 22, 2023 9:44 AM

» If you're in Makoto's shoes, what would you do?

Foton - Mar 13, 2008

28 by turquoisepaws »»
Jul 9, 2021 9:33 AM

» Was Sekai Really Pregnant? ( 1 2 )

aznixiboy - Sep 28, 2007

87 by turquoisepaws »»
Feb 22, 2021 11:18 AM

» What Do You think of &quot;School Days&quot;

waalex11 - Jul 26, 2010

7 by KawaiiNeko94 »»
May 27, 2018 12:15 PM

» What do you think of Makoto?

LemursOWN - Aug 30, 2008

40 by taylor_bauer »»
May 17, 2015 5:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.