sakura_r0se
JadedGoth
HuhRadio

Schedule:
6/7-6/14 - Volume 1
6/14-6/21 - Volume 2
6/21-6/28 - Volume 3
6/28-7/5 - Volume 4

Contact me if you want to read along with us!
removed-userJun 19, 2009 9:43 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 9, 2009 10:24 AM

Sep 2008
Okay, since mangafox doesn't have the volumes listed, I'm going by chapters. I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised by this manga. The first few pages, I thought it was going to be mediocre (probably because of the standard art style) , but once the killings started happening, everything got really intense. Its hard to put down.
Jun 11, 2009 10:10 PM

Sep 2008
I have already finished this series, started when it was publishing and till the scans were totally out.

my thoughts...

Jun 12, 2009 10:25 PM
Mar 2008
I started reading this awhile back and thought it had potential, but I've heard so many things from people about how the later half of the series wasn't as good = (
Jun 28, 2009 7:23 PM
Jul 2018
I'm a little behind (chapter 11, which should be either the end of volume two or the beginning of volume three) because I was away last week, but since I'm marathon-reading the rest of it tonight, I'll give my current impressions of Doubt.

I was also a bit wary of this manga at the very beginning. The art style used for the characters is fairly standard (as compared to the backgrounds and the rabbit heads, which are both awesome; I also really like the bunnies =3), and the first chapter confused the hell out of me since I already half-knew what the story was. Only when the killings began did Doubt really start to catch my interest. The story began to pick up speed and, though the normal art still isn't incredible, there are panels periodically that just make me say "wow". I definitely agree that it's hard to put down while you're right in the middle, especially seeing that it's a fairly short series.

I'm slightly disappointed in that the story does fall prey to jumpiness and cliche plot twists from time to time. I'm also slightly disappointed that Rei got killed off so early, if only because we spent the first chapter getting to know her.

My current prediction of where this will end up: there is no wolf; everyone is only falling prey to their own doubts (lol) and killing the others out of fear. But if I have to guess which one of them of the group is most likely to be the wolf, it's Mitsuki because she was the only one that ended up in the game "accidentally". She's too obviously innocent to not be the wolf. But I still think that there isn't a wolf. =\
removed-userJun 28, 2009 7:56 PM
Jun 28, 2009 11:20 PM

Mar 2008
I'm on ch 14. A little behind I believe, but who the wolf was wasn't really any shocker.
Jun 29, 2009 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
Well, that was a doozy of an ending....

I guess that the issue I had with Rei dying so early is... resolved? But now I just hate Rei. She seemed so sweet in the first chapter. I guess this just means that the author accomplished what he set out to do, but seriously. Hopefully I'll get over it enough to actually appreciate the ending at some point.

Putting Rei aside, the second half of the manga wasn't as disappointing for me as it seemed to be for others, but holy crap, it just draaaaaaged. I found myself asking quite a few times "When is this going to end?" Not that I didn't enjoy reading it but the whole bit with Mitsuki took, what, almost 5 entire chapters? Way too much time for something that could have been wrapped in in 2 chapters with shortened explanations, 3 with full explanations.

Again, the story and art fell prey to jumpiness, which made me quite confused at times. For instance, there was that point where Mitsuki apparently fell onto the scaplel in Yuu's pocket. The first time I read it, I thought she slit her own throat, which was very, very wrong. Also, what was Hajime's real story? It was never actually explained. Maybe I just didn't pick up on inference?

Overall, the manga was very good, so it gets an 8/10 from me. I just wish everything were more connected and polished towards the end. Still a great read, though.
Jun 30, 2009 3:03 AM

Sep 2008
This manga gets an 8/10 for me as well, but for entirely different reasons. I was fine on the pacings, the twist, ending, etc. What I didn't like, or rather, what I wished they took to the next level was the gore. I liked the art, but just a little more gore would have been great....
Jul 5, 2009 2:47 AM

Mar 2008
I just finished this. The first half was good, the second half not so much. The twists at the end were stupid. It started to drag at the end as well. I gave this a 6.5/10. I round up when I rated it on my list though.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Manga topic: Deep Love - Reina no Unmei. Start date 03/22/09

demondude777 - Mar 9, 2009

4 by Meggzz_xp »»
Aug 4, 2011 1:59 PM

» Manga topic: Deep Love - Host. Start date 03/15/09

demondude777 - Mar 9, 2009

7 by Meggzz_xp »»
Aug 4, 2011 1:38 PM

» Manga Topic: Rozen Maiden; starting 2/5/2011

Kino_no_Tabi - Feb 2, 2011

1 by Bluestreak2 »»
Feb 7, 2011 1:37 PM

» Manga Topic: Tokyo Crazy Paradise. Start date: 9/07/10.

Batmanfreak - Sep 7, 2010

3 by Turbe »»
Oct 22, 2010 11:22 AM

» Manga Topic: Lone Wolf and Cub. Start date: 6/01/10.

Batmanfreak - Jun 1, 2010

13 by Batmanfreak »»
Sep 2, 2010 8:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.