Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 9, 2009 3:41 PM

Jun 2008
This is the thread for discussing Deep Love - Host starting on 03/15/09.

Thanks to the MAL crash we lost the viewers and schedule. Please see listing on main page for # of volumes per week.
Watch Anime Together Club Headquarters:

Read Everything And Discuss: Manga:

Or just come find me here:
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 16, 2009 8:57 AM

Jun 2008
WTF happened here?

Did any of you seriously read this, because I finished it and couldn't decide between a 5/10 or 6/10.....then relaized how bad it was so I went with the 5.

Deep Love so far has made me feel for the characters...almost made me cry. But, Host.....completly different. I felt nothing at all, because there really is nothing that the main character goes through that is rough. Where Ayu and Pao suffered and pushed on, the host guy (can't think of his name) was just fine in what he did.

So what the hell is he point of this story? Nothing.

It is a semi enjoyable read and that is all.

Oh and sakura, looks like host and little Ayu met......take that =Þ.

Also, I'm not buying the "Ayu sold her body...so I will too" gig. Right.....

Mar 16, 2009 9:04 AM

May 2008
i agree with you that i didn't find it as enjoyable as the original deep love (or Pao, for that matter). it was just ok
Mar 22, 2009 7:16 PM

Sep 2007
The way I saw it was that it was his way of mourning, he wanted to connect with Ayu once more, but he didn't know how, so he became a 'host'. Although I did think he took it a bit too far and I could not connect with the story until little Ayu was introduced. Little Ayu's story was very sad, and I cannot imagine trying to live without being able to see. Overall, I still thought it was a good read, not as good as ayu and pao, but still worthy of a 8/10 (great) rating because it still dealt with social problems (authority abuse, disability, and longing for love) as well as having a message (don't give up no matter how hard life gets because even in the worst situation there is still hope and someone who loves you). But it just lacked the intensity of the other two deep love tales (hopefully reina will be better).
Mar 22, 2009 11:02 PM
Mar 2008
I read this a long time ago and originally gave it an 8, but revisiting it again, I now give it a 7/10. Still a good read, but a bit difficult to connect with Yoshiyuki in this one, where on the other hand, the reader totally felt and sympathized with Ayu in Deep Love - Ayu.
Mar 23, 2009 8:18 AM

Jun 2008
soaring_wings said:
it still dealt with social problems (authority abuse, disability, and longing for love) as well as having a message (don't give up no matter how hard life gets because even in the worst situation there is still hope and someone who loves you).

Maybe I missed something because I don't see any of these present in the story...especially the last one.It didn't seem like he did it to connect to Ayu to me....more like he was bored and had nothing else to do. So what thehell...why not be a host. Maybe the scanlators leftsome descriptions out....but it just needs more to be convincing to me.

Mar 24, 2009 11:09 AM

Sep 2007
demondude777 said:
soaring_wings said:
it still dealt with social problems (authority abuse, disability, and longing for love) as well as having a message (don't give up no matter how hard life gets because even in the worst situation there is still hope and someone who loves you).

Maybe I missed something because I don't see any of these present in the story...especially the last one.It didn't seem like he did it to connect to Ayu to me....more like he was bored and had nothing else to do. So what thehell...why not be a host. Maybe the scanlators leftsome descriptions out....but it just needs more to be convincing to me.

No the 'longing for love' theme was not based upon Yoshiyuki, but the girls who came to the host club, in particular that one who wanted to commit suicide but then got plastic surgery (she seemed to be looking for love but didn't understand the basis for it). It did seem like Yochiyuki was doing it out of boredom almost, but I'm willing to give the author the benefit of doubt and see it as his way to mourn and not just pass the time (since he does say he wants to know everything about what Ayu did). But yes this Yoshiyuki isn't as sympathetic as the other one; which is probably the point since he lost Ayu and that probably left him with a "hole in his heart" and he tries to fill it without much success until little Ayu shows up. We don't really see him change because the story ends soon after he loses little Ayu, so I can't really tell to what extent she effected him. Again this is a heavily interpretative opinion and a lot of proof exists for the other interpretations. However, Yoshiyuki didn't become a total douche since he did react to the death of his host friend. So I really am willing to see it as his way of mourning and not just him being cynical and passing the time. /rant :)
Aug 4, 2011 1:38 PM

May 2011
demondude777 said:
soaring_wings said:

he may have not delt with many problums with his job, buthe did show whatkind of person he was.

also when he met little ayu and found out that she was th daughter of ayus best friend he decided to protect her(mainly because he felt almost like she was ayu. and he soon grew to love her and when she died he was greatly sadddend.

the main point from this story is liitle ayus veiw on the world, that no matter hard things get,u can still fin happyness and no matter how much saddnesss there is , if u can look past it there u will find hope.

when Ayu died Yoshiyuki lost all his happiess and became sad and cold. hence him not wanting to look at the sky anymore.

but little Ayu showed him otherwise...

did u read Reinas story? (if not dont read pat this [spoilers])
after little ayu died his person in itself chanced. (maybe to the person he was back in ayus story.

he is the one who saved Reina from her boss, and helped make her better afterword(kuzz she lost her mind)
then gave her her locket back thatlittle ayu had been keeping for her

i think that the point in host may not have been to show pain and saddness.
unlike the other 3 storys that seemed to show the bad side of humanityit showed that there are good people in the world aswell.

idk but thats just my opinion

also this story ruined the deep love storys for me

all because little Ayu died..that litterily killed me ......
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Manga topic: Deep Love - Reina no Unmei. Start date 03/22/09

demondude777 - Mar 9, 2009

4 by Meggzz_xp »»
Aug 4, 2011 1:59 PM

» Manga Topic: Rozen Maiden; starting 2/5/2011

Kino_no_Tabi - Feb 2, 2011

1 by Bluestreak2 »»
Feb 7, 2011 1:37 PM

» Manga Topic: Tokyo Crazy Paradise. Start date: 9/07/10.

Batmanfreak - Sep 7, 2010

3 by Turbe »»
Oct 22, 2010 11:22 AM

» Manga Topic: Lone Wolf and Cub. Start date: 6/01/10.

Batmanfreak - Jun 1, 2010

13 by Batmanfreak »»
Sep 2, 2010 8:40 PM

» Manga Topic: Omiode Emanon. Start date: 6/01/10.

Batmanfreak - Jun 1, 2010

3 by katsup »»
Aug 26, 2010 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.