Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 19, 2009 11:47 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The new scenes were amazing!
especially the ending where zack appears and helps cloud... he said something like this after cloud got pretty beat up "if it were to be me, I would not give up, even if it is a desperate situation"

MARLENE IS GAY!

Mod Edit: Fixed poll.
KinetaJun 7, 2022 10:24 AM
Apr 21, 2009 8:04 AM
May 2007
is the sub version out yet...? where can i dl it...?
Apr 21, 2009 10:29 AM

Oct 2008
The Omnislash that Cloud made was a total of 13 strikes at Sephiroth.

Apr 21, 2009 12:47 PM
Jan 2009
Overall, I liked the remake, mainly because Sephiroth absolutely kicked the shit out of Cloud this time. Lots of blood in their fight, lol. Also, of course, Zack was there to grace the movie with his presence.
Apr 21, 2009 1:21 PM

Feb 2008
Who's subbing?

And the poll you made is retarded, sorry.
Apr 21, 2009 1:51 PM

Mar 2008
nice blood!

the poll is indeed a bit too much =.=
but thanks for sharing the pictures
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2009 8:40 PM
Nov 2007
where can i find the torrent !??
pleas , would some one post it here :$:$
Apr 22, 2009 4:41 AM

Jan 2008
tokyotosho...
Apr 22, 2009 4:58 AM

Jan 2008
SwordWielder said:
tokyotosho...

...is currently offline?
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Apr 22, 2009 4:59 AM

Jan 2008
then wait a couples of days..?
Apr 23, 2009 3:06 PM

Mar 2008
There's about 20 minutes of additional scenes ... the zack flashback scene was ripped off Crisis Core ><
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2009 11:49 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Cihan said:
SwordWielder said:
tokyotosho...

...is currently offline?
http://tokyotosho.info/

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 24, 2009 5:27 AM

Jan 2008
cyruz said:

Thanks for the new link.

So I guess this movie isnt subbed yet then?
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Apr 25, 2009 1:14 PM

Mar 2008
Cihan said:
cyruz said:

Thanks for the new link.

Actually, it's just been subbed and released by THORA in 720p ... but it is 6.5GB =.=
Apr 25, 2009 2:03 PM

Jan 2008
kaminakun said:
Cihan said:
cyruz said:

Thanks for the new link.

Actually, it's just been subbed and released by THORA in 720p ... but it is 6.5GB =.=

Ah, I thought just Bluray RAW rips were out there. But yeah, I dont feel like using up my meager shitty UK ISP bandwidth on 6 gigs. Or any gigs. Just give me a 700MB AVI and I'll be set. Let me know when that's out please!

EDIT:

Also, WTF @ the retarded poll options.
Apr 25, 2009 5:22 PM

Mar 2008
LOL glad you noticed about the poll ... yeah .. it was a bit too much
Apr 25, 2009 7:32 PM

Feb 2008
kaminakun said:

not cool... not cool at all >.>..
Apr 26, 2009 12:21 AM

Feb 2008
the 6.5GB was worth it :D
Apr 26, 2009 10:21 AM

Mar 2008
Just to let everyone know, the U.S. DVD version has been leaked out onto the internet.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Apr 26, 2009 3:21 PM

Sep 2007
This version is definitely more fleshed out than the original and looks way cooler in 720p blu-ray lolz.

Baby_Naruto said:
Just to let everyone know, the U.S. DVD version has been leaked out onto the internet.

Do point out a source.
WasabiApr 26, 2009 3:28 PM
Apr 27, 2009 9:55 AM

Mar 2008
Wasabi said:
This version is definitely more fleshed out than the original and looks way cooler in 720p blu-ray lolz.

Baby_Naruto said:

Do point out a source.

You can download it here: http://forum.cartoon-world.org/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=14522

NOTE: You WILL need to both register AND login in order to view the thread/topic.

Apr 27, 2009 3:15 PM

Sep 2007
Baby_Naruto said:
Wasabi said:

Baby_Naruto said:

Do point out a source.

You can download it here: http://forum.cartoon-world.org/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=14522

NOTE: You WILL need to both register AND login in order to view the thread/topic.

That was some terribad audio quality. And lolz at .avi encode.
Apr 28, 2009 9:29 PM

Sep 2008
HOLY COW! That movie was a legend among legends!!!
I didn't think anything could ever get THAT cool but DAMN!

10/10...easily...
Apr 29, 2009 5:03 AM

Mar 2008
Wasabi said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Wasabi said:

Baby_Naruto said:

Do point out a source.

That was some terribad audio quality. And lolz at .avi encode.

Well it was English Dubbed only lol.

Here's the 1080p Blu-Ray Dual Audio MKV Rip: http://forum.cartoon-world.org/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=14421

Apr 29, 2009 6:50 AM

Jan 2008
Maybe its because it's the director's cut, maybe its because I'm watching it for the second time, but I've finally realised Final Fantasy: Advent Children is the worst movie ever made. Not just animated, but literally the worst movie ever made in every facet of filmmaking, from direction, script, editing, acting, and yes even animation with those horrific children.

From the opening five minutes which were so incomprehensible and laughable featuring a helicopter with a random character no one gives a shit about descending into clouds below with random noises and grunts occuring then resufracing and flying away leaving a disinterested audience sighing with masochistic pain, it pretty much sets the tone for the scale of awfulness to come.

I mean...damn.
Apr 29, 2009 6:47 PM

Sep 2008
Cihan said:
Maybe its because it's the director's cut, maybe its because I'm watching it for the second time, but I've finally realised Final Fantasy: Advent Children is the worst movie ever made. Not just animated, but literally the worst movie ever made in every facet of filmmaking, from direction, script, editing, acting, and yes even animation with those horrific children.

From the opening five minutes which were so incomprehensible and laughable featuring a helicopter with a random character no one gives a shit about descending into clouds below with random noises and grunts occuring then resufracing and flying away leaving a disinterested audience sighing with masochistic pain, it pretty much sets the tone for the scale of awfulness to come.
The animation was THE best. Just like it was several years ago in the original movie. No animation has topped this and don't complain about it cause those children looked great. They weren't going for the most realistic looking humans, instead they were trying to create anime-like real people.
The helicopter part was less than 40 seconds long dammit and it wasn't bad at all.
Also, EVERYONE gives a shit about Reno. He's one of the best characters in existance. If you aren't into final fantasy I don't see why you bothered with this movie. It is one of (and possibly THE) greatest movie(s) ever made. (At least it is in a FF fans opinion. Which I am.)
Apr 30, 2009 3:51 AM

Jan 2008
I'm a FF fan. (I'm playing FFIII now actually) I'm also a fan of movies and anime, basically good narrative.

There is no good narrative in FF: Advent Children. It's a string of badly edited, written and acted scenes strung together in awful fashion. There were so many scenes that just cut away to other scenes at horrible moments intercut with stupid music choices.

The film lacks coherent pacing, tempo and even basic fucking mis-en-scene.

The director's cut takes a movie that wasnt even good anyway, but memorable for its insane action scenes, and makes it all worse with ham-fisted hand-holding exposition that STILL makes no fucking sense, because the movie is just glued together with cliche after cliche.

Reno flying a chopper into a cloud then flying off? Really? That's how you want to start a FF movie? Fuck that shit, its lazy, uninspired and insulting. If you want to start your movie with the theft of Jenovah then FUCKING SHOW IT, dont give me a fucking static shot of clouds and grunting, what the fuck?

The movie is shit. Its action scenes are off the wall crazy fun, but that's all its got going for it, all of its over the top stylish direction is utterly wasted and also utterly pointless, there is literally no point to all the shots in the movie, there's no theme to it, its just crazy angles and shots for the hell of it, making the movie even more devoid of any kind of meaning, a shallow, empty, hollow animated mess that not only shits on the franchise but on all viewers of all race, colour or creed.

Yes, some of the animation was nice, Tifa looks hot, visual kei Cloud's hair is all visual kei-like, but the kids look like fucking zombies from the lower demonic dimension. You cant say the animation hasnt been topped, because I havent seen a CGI movie that had such ugly plastic characters. Try watching that other (very boring) FF movie: The Spirits Within. THAT hasnt been topped, well much anyway.

You'll all realise this when you're older and your tastes have matured, trust me. For now I'm willing to be looked down on and have rotten cabbage thrown at me. Go ahead. I like cabbage anyway!
Apr 30, 2009 6:44 AM

Sep 2008
The scenes never cut away randomly. It was used for effect most of the time and it WAS effective. Plot wasn't particularly cliche at all and neither were most of the scenes.

The movie made perfect sense. To me anyway. Especially with the addition of most of the new scenes which actually explained it properly this time around.

Ok, well maybe that chopper part wasn't the best part of the movie, but they didn't exactly start the movie with it either.

Yes it was obvious that this movie was trying to make the coolest looking scenes possible and it succeeded. Using all those pointless camera angles and shots etc was for adding effect to everything. Which it did. This movie wasn't hollow. It had more plot than most movies nowadays. Not every damn movie needs symbolism bullshit to be good. I got enough of that rubbish in english classes back when I went to school.

The characters don't look plastic. I assume you didn't watch this in full HD like I did? Because the faces had incredible detail. (You know pores etc in the skin that make it look real). I've seen spirits within, the character design was far closer to reality but once again, advent children wasn't aiming for that and were trying to make it look anime-styled.

I doubt I'll ever realise any of that stuff cause theres nothing to realise. Rotten cabbage is bad. I wouldn't throw it.

One more thing, I also happen to be playing FF3 right now. The Nintendo DS one. Really fun! Woot!
May 5, 2009 5:33 PM
Apr 2009
The movie gave the same feeling it gave you when u first saw it.
Total Awesome S**T!!!

Yeah!
Plus with bonus scenes!
Reno and Rude kicked ass!
May 9, 2009 2:57 PM
Mar 2008
I watched the previous version of the movie some time ago and found it to be total crap (mostly because of the incomprehensible story).
I gave it a second chance with the dc, and man, it was simply stunning.
Awesome, just awesome. The animation is the top of the top of the top, I don't think there's something better out there now. It's just top notch.
But what I liked most is that they filled the damn gaps in the story, making it much more enjoyable.
another_anonMay 9, 2009 3:03 PM
May 10, 2009 1:44 AM

Sep 2007
draker said:
I watched the previous version of the movie some time ago and found it to be total crap (mostly because of the incomprehensible story).
I gave it a second chance with the dc, and man, it was simply stunning.
Awesome, just awesome. The animation is the top of the top of the top, I don't think there's something better out there now. It's just top notch.
But what I liked most is that they filled the damn gaps in the story, making it much more enjoyable.

Yea I too think the story is well done and the Original AC should've been this one instead. I kinda lol'd at AC but still gives it a 7/10 because I am a bias FF fan, but honestly AC Complete is really good and I feel that it can be a standalone movie (though those that don't know what/who is Jenova will think Aerith is the "mother")

All in all, great movie with the best CGI action I've ever seen until now. Also, the new ED is better

Don't expect too much out of the plot, just enjoy the action. I am glad they expand the Denzel part of the story too cause he is a movie-only character that need explanation.

I noticed they also took out some part from the original like CID entrance scene, being replace by Tifa / Cloud instead.

I =O when Yazoo charge his fucking bike to the heli, lolwat
May 11, 2009 2:08 AM
Feb 2009
This movie pretty much fixed up all the little things about the original that annoyed me. And looks amazing in HD. Total awesome.
May 12, 2009 4:01 AM

Jun 2008
FULL HD FTW. All the new scenes did a good job complementing the movie and it's without a doubt a masterpiece. And once again FULL HD FTW xD, it was worth the 11g download. And Beatnik I won't criticize your opinion because it's what makes people diferent, we all have different tastes, but honestly I really can't agree with your animation opinion. It was awesome 4 years ago, it's even more with HD now. Like Slayer said it's not a reallistc look they where aiming for but anime-look caracthers. And if you can find a better animated thing in the market please tell me because I really want to know xD. And rotten cabages really are bad, we shouldn't trow it at anyone (nah, yes we should, and FF III good game, hope you have fun)
LanhesesMay 12, 2009 4:28 AM
May 14, 2009 8:06 PM
Oct 2007
It was epic, everything what I hoped it would be (and more).
May 20, 2009 6:50 AM

Apr 2009
Baggins said:
Overall, I liked the remake, mainly because Sephiroth absolutely kicked the shit out of Cloud this time. Lots of blood in their fight, lol. Also, of course, Zack was there to grace the movie with his presence.
My thoughts exactly even though only about 10 seconds were edited in the fight lol.
May 21, 2009 2:29 PM

Jan 2008
I don't know whether it was because of the video file I watched, but could it be that they made the bgm more quiet during the fights? One Winged Angel was so quiet that it was drowned by the sound of the clashing sowrds...
May 21, 2009 7:26 PM

May 2009
I love it still their action fights. Exhilerating!
May 22, 2009 4:40 AM

May 2009
'Omnislash Ver.5' FTW

BTW it's the same move as Cloud's HP attack in PSP's Dissidia:FF game,right?

May 25, 2009 5:46 AM

Nov 2008
Beatnik said:

I mean...damn.

... fail...
Random character that no one gives a shit about... D:
Buy a Ps1 (or download a emulator), play final fantasy 7, and then you can talk.
VIVA O BIBSCESAR
May 25, 2009 6:04 AM

Jan 2008
faint127 said:

... fail...
Random character that no one gives a shit about... D:
Buy a Ps1 (or download a emulator), play final fantasy 7, and then you can talk.

Yes, I'm sure everyone decided to watch FF7: Advent Children because of the red pony-tailed comic-relief dude.

I played FF7 while you were still in diapers.
May 25, 2009 7:32 AM

Nov 2008
Yes, I'm sure everyone decided to watch FF7: Advent Children because of the red pony-tailed comic-relief dude.

I played FF7 while you were still in diapers.

Maybe... But that was a long time ago.. Perhaps its time for you to play FF7 again, no?

Anyway, if you have played ff7 and still say that the turks are random characters that no one gives a shit about... I think that you haven't understand FF7 history...

Bah, i don't want to start a flamewar...
VIVA O BIBSCESAR
May 29, 2009 4:28 PM

Feb 2009
gaiz gaiz! Do you know if the ACC dvd comes with the Case of Denzel ep?
My pokemon bring all the boys to the yard...
May 30, 2009 11:09 AM

Sep 2008
Zhao_Yun said:
I don't know whether it was because of the video file I watched, but could it be that they made the bgm more quiet during the fights? One Winged Angel was so quiet that it was drowned by the sound of the clashing sowrds...

no ur right, the bgm is quiter and not as effective as the original, one of the few flaws of complete
Jun 1, 2009 10:52 PM

Jan 2009
Sex-tastic.
Jun 1, 2009 11:07 PM

Jan 2009
Beatnik said:
I'm a FF fan. (I'm playing FFIII now actually) I'm also a fan of movies and anime, basically good narrative.

There is no good narrative in FF: Advent Children. It's a string of badly edited, written and acted scenes strung together in awful fashion. There were so many scenes that just cut away to other scenes at horrible moments intercut with stupid music choices.

The film lacks coherent pacing, tempo and even basic fucking mis-en-scene.

The director's cut takes a movie that wasnt even good anyway, but memorable for its insane action scenes, and makes it all worse with ham-fisted hand-holding exposition that STILL makes no fucking sense, because the movie is just glued together with cliche after cliche.

Reno flying a chopper into a cloud then flying off? Really? That's how you want to start a FF movie? Fuck that shit, its lazy, uninspired and insulting. If you want to start your movie with the theft of Jenovah then FUCKING SHOW IT, dont give me a fucking static shot of clouds and grunting, what the fuck?

The movie is shit. Its action scenes are off the wall crazy fun, but that's all its got going for it, all of its over the top stylish direction is utterly wasted and also utterly pointless, there is literally no point to all the shots in the movie, there's no theme to it, its just crazy angles and shots for the hell of it, making the movie even more devoid of any kind of meaning, a shallow, empty, hollow animated mess that not only shits on the franchise but on all viewers of all race, colour or creed.

Yes, some of the animation was nice, Tifa looks hot, visual kei Cloud's hair is all visual kei-like, but the kids look like fucking zombies from the lower demonic dimension. You cant say the animation hasnt been topped, because I havent seen a CGI movie that had such ugly plastic characters. Try watching that other (very boring) FF movie: The Spirits Within. THAT hasnt been topped, well much anyway.

You'll all realise this when you're older and your tastes have matured, trust me. For now I'm willing to be looked down on and have rotten cabbage thrown at me. Go ahead. I like cabbage anyway!

I'm going to go and have to disagree with you there. Thought you say you're an FF Fan, you aren't a big FF7 or else you wouldn't have focused so much on the faults (though non-existent). There are a couple points to which I agree with you. The fighting and action sequences were ridiculously un-realistic, and the animation on the children did seem a little stiff. (When I say animation, I mean the movements, not the actually 3d model.)

The beginning of the movie draws suspense out of the viewer. Obviously not most of us, as we've seen it before. But what you really get is; a character you recognize from the old game flying into a mountain. You aren't supposed to know that Jenova's head is being stolen. You're supposed to be surprised and drawn in. Though I suppose that this is relative.

As for your crazy shots, and angles comment; well in filmmaking there is a rule: The mind can only focus on one thing for 7 seconds before getting bored. This is why you see so many different transitions and angles. If it was one static shot the entire time, say when Rufus and Cloud were speaking. I'm sure you would have been even more bored than you actually were.

Also have to disagree with you on the quality of CGI. Some of the best I've seen. If you're talking about how much detail there put in the characters that are just walking around on the street. Well then I would almost agree with you. Would you put in a whole ton of effort into something that isn't really going to be noticed. If you're talking about the mood and colors. They hit it off pretty well. It seemed like a very unhappy place to be, and judging from the colors, and interactions I'm pretty sure I"m right.

And you're comment about being more mature was just rude.
Jun 2, 2009 7:14 AM

Jan 2008
Deadrocks said:
As for your crazy shots, and angles comment; well in filmmaking there is a rule: The mind can only focus on one thing for 7 seconds before getting bored. This is why you see so many different transitions and angles. If it was one static shot the entire time, say when Rufus and Cloud were speaking. I'm sure you would have been even more bored than you actually were.

Well done, this is the most retarded thing I've read all month.
Jun 2, 2009 8:00 AM

Feb 2009
I could stare at Cloud speaking all day. Mm, sexy jawbone.
My pokemon bring all the boys to the yard...
Jun 2, 2009 3:17 PM

Jan 2009
Beatnik said:
Deadrocks said:

Well done, this is the most retarded thing I've read all month.

Think what you will, but it is true.
Jun 10, 2009 9:31 AM

Jan 2008
David Lean probably farted a little in his grave right now. His little act of defiance against retardation in the world today.
Jun 10, 2009 10:20 AM
Jun 2008
coffeeNiK said:
The movie gave the same feeling it gave you when u first saw it.
Total Awesome S**T!!!

There, fixed.

Everything Beatnik says is accurate and I couldn't agree more.

As a FF fan and as a movie and anime fan myself, this was just another offering to the most incomprehensible anime franchises ever made. Not to mention boring and irritating. If I wasn't falling asleep, I was confused.

It's the effing Michael Bay's Transformers of anime: no coherent plot, utterly boring when no action is taking place, a total visual vomit-fest, and caricature characters that are about as deep a puddle of puppy urine. But then, who cares, right? It's a puppy! Let's ignore that it pissed. Let's ignore that Final Fantasy Advent Children is one of the poorest transitions from game to anime.

It makes no different that it looks like heaven since the script and storyboard were indubitably spat out from hell.
tehnominatorJun 10, 2009 10:26 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete a good watch for non FF fans?

LyingPrauses - Oct 20, 2012

16 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:52 PM

Poll: » Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children complete dub or sub?

HasHash - Feb 17, 2015

15 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 5:43 AM

» Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete?

yukino17 - Feb 10, 2009

14 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jun 29, 2021 7:29 PM

» Question?

Eiennoousama - Jan 3, 2011

2 by Jest »»
Jan 9, 2011 6:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.