Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 19, 2009 10:05 AM

Sep 2007
share your first encounter with yaoi fanfiction and how you happily reveling in this heaven/dark side. Tell us the tidbits that surrounding the occasion that makes you become a devoted follower, enthused parishioner or addict!!!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 19, 2009 10:42 AM

Sep 2007

ah, my first experienced with yaoi also my first encounter with fanfiction. and guess what, I'm looking about a het couple. I was finishing the card captor sakura and was hoping more scenes of sakura and lee and randomly type them and squee I found some fanfics about them on someones LJ but I left it halfway and clicked another that directed me to fanfiction.net. Rather than straight away goes to card captor sakura section, I found myself straying to Get BackersI kind of like mission type of story..so there me hoping more Ban and Ginji kick ass some badass and happily reading and stuttered half way because I found them suddenly kissing. I don't know how I, from there clever enough to find what pairing that i like and from what anime.. but I do know I've never look back since. I'm pretty much tried (and already can get into) many genres ^__^

Believe it or Not #1 I can't read any het pairing at all now and seriously avoided the pairing like plague. It's okay the side het pairing mentioned but I just skipped all the hot scenes between them (if any)

Believe it or Not #2 I've never watched gundam wing or even read the characters bio or story synopsis.All the information that I know (which is true btw) were from reading lots and LOTS of GW fics and deduced from them which is fiction and which is facts from anime..

Believe it or Not #3 Beware in giving me the first impression ! n__n ..because the first good story that I read will set up the pairing that I follow after ..which is fortunate in GW as the first fiction was 1x2x1 pair, which have large fan base , so I can read a lot of fanfics ^__^ but unfortunate in the Yuyu Hakusho case where the first time I'm venturing to that section I found a good Kuramax Yuusuke pair which is hard to find as most yuyu fan congregated around KuramaxHiei pair x(

Believe it or Not #4 Isn't the easiest way to get some yaoi action is reading fanfics from yaoi manga? And of the popular ones is Gravitation ..But guess what? I've never read them and don't have desire to do so..

Believe it or Not #5 I actually started the yaoi fanfics with promised that I'll only read fanfics that I've watch anime/ read manga from. But my count list is so low which is how I found myself venturing to the unknown just to get a acceptable dose yaoi to fix me up!!! (which is how fact #3 comes up)

Apr 27, 2009 1:14 PM

Oct 2007
Well, it all started with X/1999, and I read this nice yaoi fanfic that I found. Its called Teenage Dirtbag. I loved it.

From there, I've gotten into a lot of yaoi fics with X and I expanded my world with other fanbase couples from other anime and manga.
Apr 27, 2009 7:56 PM
Jan 2009
i actually read my first fanfic only about 2 or 3 months ago.. and i swear it was like a whole new world had been opened up to me

my firs fanfic was a gaara x neji one called "behind cellblock 13" and it was pure bliss .. i provided a link in the "recommendations" discussion.. in the second post

as for my surrounding area at the time.. i was in my room, on my bed.. lights off.. it was like it was just me and the fanfic lol (even though my room mate was sleeping across the room ;p)
but yea i feltlike a died and went to heaven i've been a fanfic addict ever since =D

Awesome Club Below

Apr 27, 2009 8:25 PM

Oct 2007
Ah, I also like to add that I wanted to print every fanfic that I liked it. So, I wasted so much paper. xD (although I regret it, but oh well)

Now that I have my own pc, I have just read fanfics whenever I want to (as soon as my laptop is wireless though)
Jul 27, 2009 11:23 PM

Mar 2008
It all started with a horribly written Bleach Renji/Ichigo fanfiction back in 2006. After that my social life went down the gutter, and I've been 9,000+% happier ever since. I don't even remember much about that fanfic anymore, just that there was leather pants and strip poker. XD
Jan 27, 2010 1:52 AM

Jan 2010
I read some that were pretty good written and just wanted to try, but I never found time to do it properly and a few month ago it all started with a random talk ~~
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favorite Yaoi Fanfiction Pairing?

ChibiCrow - Jan 9, 2009

30 by kazue »»
Aug 12, 2016 9:52 PM

» The Driver (SasuNaru fic)

LadyTalion - Jul 11, 2009

4 by LadyTalion »»
Oct 27, 2012 1:56 PM

Poll: » Are you a writer, reader/viewer, or both

BlackAssassin - Apr 27, 2009

22 by resha31773 »»
Jul 3, 2011 3:59 AM

» Recommendations

metric_muse - Apr 1, 2009

13 by Trinket »»
Feb 25, 2011 12:14 PM

Poll: » Do you like doujinshi?

BlackAssassin - Apr 27, 2009

7 by LovelessDoll »»
Oct 1, 2010 11:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.