Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 29, 2009 9:41 AM

Jun 2008
This is the topic for discussing Legend of Zelda. Start date is 05/03/09 and end date 05/15/09

Readers:
demondude777
MotokoAramaki
Batmanfreak
sakura_r0se

Please message me if you will be reading.

My profile link is:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/demondude777

Schedule:
05/03 - The Legend of Zelda: Triforce of the Gods
05/04 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
05/05 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (comic)
05/06 - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening vol 1
05/07 - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening vol 2
05/08 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time vol 1
05/09 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time vol 2
05/10 - The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
05/11 - The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
05/12 - The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Plus vol 1
05/13 - The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Plus vol 2
05/14 - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
05/15 - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Link's Logbook
05/16 - The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
demondude777May 3, 2009 1:36 PM
Watch Anime Together Club Headquarters:

Read Everything And Discuss: Manga:

Or just come find me here:
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 2, 2009 8:24 PM

Mar 2008
We're not doing Majora's Mask?
May 3, 2009 1:37 PM

Jun 2008
yes...just forgot to add it.

May 4, 2009 8:36 AM

Jun 2008
Finished the Triforce of the Gods: 3/10

Now my major gripe wasn't that it tended

to
hop around

quite

a bit.

My major problem was that there was just too much to cover so everything was completely rushed. For example:

Wiseman: "Link go get the 3 amulets of goodness"
Link: 1 page later "Ok, I have them now"

Wiseman: "Link, go get the triforces"
Link: 1 page later " Ok, got them"

Wiseman: "Link, get me a venti carmel mocha frappichino double shot upside down with java chips."
Link: 1 page later "Here you go, would you like anything else to go with that, like a muffin?"

That is when it dawned on me They will all probably end up like this because the Zelda series needs more then just one volume to cover the stories. Metroid had 2 volumes...why didn't this????

I hope I am wrong, but we will see.

May 6, 2009 12:35 AM

Mar 2008
I just finished Triforce of the Gods. It was okay, it seem like a whole bunch of stuff put together. I gave it a 5/10.

I will get caught up with this soon, since I have read like 4 or 5 of the manga volumes already.

EDIT: Also, Phantom Hourglass now has a chapter translated, maybe we can starting reading that or do you want to wait for it all to get scanned?
BatmanfreakMay 6, 2009 12:41 AM
May 6, 2009 8:04 AM

Jun 2008
I'd want to wait for it to be complete.

BTW, it looks like A Link to the Past and Triforce of the Gods is the same thing???

I downed the LtoP comic yesterday....YIKES! 3/10 - TotG was better but not by much

At least they cured the :Found it" problem in TotG, but now a new gripe emerges: "Special Link". Is it just me or is Link treated like a bumbling moron in this one? I understand that it is written in the early 90s for Nintendo Power, but I'd like to think that youth would roll their eyes at that.

2 down and I am hoping they get better...please.

Also for PH...I'd want to wait until everything is done.

May 6, 2009 9:22 AM

Mar 2008
I thought Ocarina of Time was really good.
May 6, 2009 9:57 AM
Mar 2008
I gave Triforce of Gods a 5/10. It really was too much crammed in, but the story wasn't too bad (I've seen worse).
May 8, 2009 12:39 PM

Jun 2008
I am in Ocarina now....and...ummm...uhhh...

@sakura - What is much worse then that? I couldn't take it....there was no action because he simple had what was requested. Sure it could get boring seeing him go from room to room like in the games...but....

...I finishes Link's Awakening and 8/10. This is how it should be done: action...and a point to the story. I've played the game and there wasn't much to it...but they sure shot a lot of plot into the books. I loved how even though they knew he was going to destroy the island...they pushed him on. Why? Cause they wanted him to be free from the dream...and it was the natural cycle.

I still wished Marin could have gone too...:)

May 8, 2009 4:33 PM
Mar 2008
@demondude: "Worse" in my opinion is something with no plot at all, very short (or long and boring) and makes very little sense (and can even leave you hanging which I find very annoying).

I at least wasn't confused the heck out of by this series, but whatever score I give it, it obviously wasn't anything special xD

I didn't like it, period.
May 10, 2009 12:52 PM

Jun 2008
Zombie Hunter? lol

Ocarina got a 6/10 from me...it was good but suffered from the Appleseed problem. Way too much talking....only half of it was needed.

Also did I miss something? When he freed Zora...was there a hop or something left out? I remember him in the desert, then he was with Zora, then back to the desert. WTF? Bad story telling or pages missing? Also I loved how they spit it between child and adult....but I remember going back and forth during the actual game.

The extra chapters were unnessary, but the scull kid one was cute. The other one was....well...kind of boring. On to the next one...

May 10, 2009 5:03 PM

Mar 2008
Okay, I have read both aLttP, OoT, OoS and OoA so far, I still need to read LA. But the first aLttP, was good, even though it isn't finished. the other aLttP was just bad, the art sucked and the way they told the story was boring. My favorite so far is OoT, 8/10. I didn't think that it was too worder. OoS and OoA I gave both a 7/10. I will read LA later tonight.
May 17, 2009 10:50 AM

Jun 2008
We agree on Seasons: 7/10. It was an enjoyable read...nothing outstanding or fresh about it...but nothing bad on the other hand.

However Ages....ugh. 4/10. Maybe I missed something or wasn't paying enough attention...but this was bad. Link is here then there, characters tie in...but wtf jones, it all feels sloppy. I drug myself through it counting chapters as they went by.

Majoras Mask: 5/10. Omg this one started out good....very good. Then halfway through it lost steam. I think it was around the gorgon or lake part (I forget their names...Zoras?) That it just did a nosedive and slopped along. And if I remember...the ending wasn't very good.....ugh, no sense in going back.

Then there was the Wind Waker. Oh geez.....that Wind Waker: 2/10. The only tyhing that prevented me from giving this a 1/10 is one of the stories made me chuckle...not laugh....but chuckle. Other then that...if you have played the game or not...it is just not funny, at all. The art looks like butt, and the stupid thing just DRAGS......I got through it...but it was not easy.

Finally the Minish Cap: 7/10. Again...nothing that jumps out as great, but good. I haven't played the game in a while so I don't remember how closely this resembles the actual story. But now I am completly burned out of Zelda. I am sure this one would have done much better if it was earlier in the lineup.....but it is time to take a manga break for me...:)

May 24, 2009 11:23 AM

Mar 2008
I liked LA. I gave it a 8/10. Four Swords I gave a 7/10. It was pretty good. And Wind Waker, I gave a 3/10. It was just bad. It failed on the comedy big time.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Manga topic: Deep Love - Reina no Unmei. Start date 03/22/09

demondude777 - Mar 9, 2009

4 by Meggzz_xp »»
Aug 4, 2011 1:59 PM

» Manga topic: Deep Love - Host. Start date 03/15/09

demondude777 - Mar 9, 2009

7 by Meggzz_xp »»
Aug 4, 2011 1:38 PM

» Manga Topic: Rozen Maiden; starting 2/5/2011

Kino_no_Tabi - Feb 2, 2011

1 by Bluestreak2 »»
Feb 7, 2011 1:37 PM

» Manga Topic: Tokyo Crazy Paradise. Start date: 9/07/10.

Batmanfreak - Sep 7, 2010

3 by Turbe »»
Oct 22, 2010 11:22 AM

» Manga Topic: Lone Wolf and Cub. Start date: 6/01/10.

Batmanfreak - Jun 1, 2010

13 by Batmanfreak »»
Sep 2, 2010 8:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.