Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 15, 2006 12:12 PM

Aug 2006
Just started getting this series through my netflix.

I've watched 4 episodes, and so far, just MEH. A bunch of people knocking the shit out of each other. For the guys... the women are all scantilly clad, with HUGE boobs... and lots of gratuitous panty shots.

The manga was pretty decent, so I'll keep watching. Thus far, the anime leaves a little to be desired.
Dec 15, 2006 12:32 PM
Jul 2006
it wont end well furuba just to warn you
Dec 15, 2006 12:50 PM

Nov 2006
I liked the anime at the beginning, but towards the end it kind of fell apart for me. It didn't seem like there was any resolution to the story.
Dec 15, 2006 1:51 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
God I hated how this series progressed. Like Jin said, the beginning was AWESOME, but it all went down hill as soon as people who sucked ass all of a sudden became godlike.
Dec 15, 2006 5:08 PM

Aug 2006
I just remember how a friend of mine complained about how crappily it ended. He said it felt like the anime was, in a way, some kinda advertisment to get you to read the manga. I sorta felt like that about the Air Gear anime as well.

Stinkin Oh!Great! =P
Dec 15, 2006 5:09 PM

Nov 2004
I only liked the manga. The anime doesn't do it any justice and 26 episodes is most certainly not enough to cover this series. I liked the flashback arc in the manga, but since that certain part pretty much takes up the entire anime, it just seems ridiculous.
Dec 20, 2006 1:14 PM

Nov 2006
wheres the resolution, ive watch the series and the ova. this is disappointing

Dec 22, 2006 10:00 PM

Nov 2006
The anime must be an advertisment to the manga, but like the anime, the intermittent history arc really annoyed me. Instead, I'll wait and just read it volume by volume, so they can get back to the characters I'm interested in.
Nov 15, 2007 11:03 AM
Oct 2007
I loved the Manga and am still reading it, I buy them as they come out in English, but the anime was very disappointing. Not at all what I expected from it given the high quality of the manga.

Though if you enjoyed the anime you will like Ikkitousen also. Lots of fan service kind of lacking in the story department.
Feb 28, 2008 11:24 AM

Jul 2007
So its like Ikkitousen = boobs, but everything else is shit?
May 16, 2008 12:16 AM
May 2008
the anime did suck..........i hated the theme songs too........
but i LOVE the manga....

as for air gear.....like the anime, like the songs, love the manga........
im barely on chapter 100 or so .........

May 22, 2008 7:17 PM

Apr 2008
sooo we conclude that this anime sucks when it have the flash back? after reading all these comments i don't feel like watching it anymore ......... i'm on episode 15 so i drop this anime
Jun 30, 2008 11:48 PM

Aug 2007
The anime's ending definitely wasn't very good (quite weak in fact) but I don't think that's really something to complain about because the anime is by no means meant to be a substitute-ending for the manga anyway
Aug 7, 2008 1:40 PM

Feb 2008
tenjou tene is amazing n one of my favs, its awesome at the beggining but does fall away towards the end n with the flashback bits
xx
The measure of a true shinobi is not how he lived but how he dies
Oct 1, 2008 5:25 PM

Oct 2007
i saw air gear, if this is like that but with fan service, i say i will watch it with my brains off [if that's even possible]

fyi, air gear was boring, the "ending" can't be called an ending, but of course, if you just think "ah he's gonna be the sky king anyways, sooner or later", then it's alright; for me at least, imo.
Oct 3, 2008 1:09 PM

Jun 2008
They pressed the flashbacks too hard I think, but apart from that... even if it is a bit late, I stand here demanding more...
(Even more then the 2 OVA eps and the movie...)
Nov 1, 2008 10:47 PM

Oct 2007
i just started watching, and meh, I liked it better than I thought I wouldn't have liked it. Lol. But yes, the flashback really does get annoying x.x I mean...GOSH, do you REALLY have to go THAT far way back?
Nov 16, 2008 4:11 AM

Dec 2007
LA_Chela said:
the anime did suck..........i hated the theme songs too........
but i LOVE the manga....

as for air gear.....like the anime, like the songs, love the manga........
im barely on chapter 100 or so .........

bomb a head is da jam lol

yep anime was kool before the flashbacks

o and i picked up air gear complete from rightstuf for 35 bux!!!
Nov 16, 2008 4:16 AM

Jun 2008
This is a pretty bad anime. Bad ending and development of characters is lackluster. Also, main character doesnt seem to have any redeeming qualities besides never giving up.

If you want a GOOD anime involved in martial arts, watch:
History's Strongest Disciple: Kenichi
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1559/Historys_Strongest_Disciple_Kenichi
Nov 19, 2008 3:51 PM

Feb 2008
The op definitely is the jam, however I agree with everyone else on how annoying the flashback and other various problems were..
Jan 3, 2009 6:48 PM

Dec 2008
Its true it did start off well, good lively intro, sweet ending for those that like that sorta thing, but it still had an at least ok feel to it. I guess im trying to say I liked it enough not to call it a waste of time, but it was not a masterpiece. Still fun to watch ^^ time forthe movie then ovas to finish up the story, ja.
Jan 25, 2009 6:35 AM

May 2008
i agree with with user above
Mar 30, 2009 11:26 AM

Jan 2008
no matter how hard I try I can't get myself to like that Souichiro Nagi, he pisses me off I'm at 4 and I'm seriously consider dropping this show, everytime Nagi enters the scéne(which is pretty much all the time) I'm getting agitated and feel the urge to kill myself over 9000 times >_>

Soo Is it worth my time or should I just drop it? After 04 I got the feeling Nagi is going to become godlike and that he is going to get all the attention.
May 5, 2009 8:23 PM

Jul 2008
This show has the second worst ending of all the animes ive seen (first is amatsuki), both shows are really good until the last episode (24 for tenjo tenge, 13 for amatsuki). These two shows are the only ones, so far, that im pissed that i actually watched them just to get a cliffhanger that wishes death upon whichever company made the crappy ass show
Jul 12, 2009 2:19 PM

Feb 2009
THis anime is trully a masterpiece for me.Yeah it has a crappy ending ,but i never thought of that blondy little idiot as the main character.The main character in this anime for me is Natsume Shin.He is trully an amazing character with his own personal dilema.He is much more fit for a main character in this anime.I will never say this anime sucks because it has 2 crappy episodes at the end (unlike those before me).For me this anime is a masterpiece and has a certainly 10 from me.

Jul 22, 2009 12:39 AM
Jan 2008
indeed i agree this piece of anime was great however the ending was pathetic and ruins everything its still very good but no where near a mastepiece if it has such a shit ending however atleast since the ending was nt really a proper ending there may be a sequel perphaps........ havnt watched the movie yet however do we every get to see the tournment which is constantly mentioned ?
Jul 24, 2009 1:06 PM

Feb 2009
Probably if there is second season.I agree for the ending and I think the "true anime ended" the moment Shin died.

Aug 2, 2009 10:36 AM

Jul 2009
I am surprised that people absolutely despise this anime so hard. I really enjoyed it. I felt slightly unfulfilled at the very end, but why does every anime have to have all of it's short ends tied up? I didn't see it so much as a story you're trying to get to the end of, for me it was more of a series of events you were watching unfold. I actually didn't mind the flashbacks that much and I thought the characters were interesting and compelling. I wouldn't call this anime a master piece but I found it really enjoyable to watch and I love the opening theme. I guess maybe I can see past the boobs as not a big deal and other people get hung up on them? I am not sure. But really I don't think this anime deserves this kind of hate. It's a difference animal than the manga, get over it.
Aug 9, 2009 2:48 PM

Aug 2009
It's a pretty nice Kenichi rip-off. Too bad they stopped making episodes.
Aug 10, 2009 6:33 AM

Feb 2009
Berserker77 said:
It's a pretty nice Kenichi rip-off. Too bad they stopped making episodes.

Yea too bad.I'm still hoping for a second season though.

Sep 26, 2009 12:40 PM

Jun 2009
I'm only on episode nine, but...

Here's what sucks about this anime:

-The main character has zero redeeming qualities. He's a complete piece of shit with no reason to root for him and ample reasons to dislike him.

-Zero character development. The main character crashes into the shower when what's her face is in there, and then from that point on she's in love with him. The main character shows up to the new school and get his ass beat, and is supposed to be weaker then every top tier club member, then after two days of training, and with little of the story focusing very much on his training, he all-the-sudden beats the shit out of all these hella tough guys and nearly defeats the school president? They completely rush the characters into their roles with out giving any decent reasons as to why. Like, the main character is the hero so you're just supposed to root for him, he crashes into the showers when isa or whatever is in there so now they're in love, he asks what's her face to help him, and so now he's like the toughest dude around. NO CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.

Here's what's good about this anime:

-Hilariously awesome theme song and dope dancing in the opening sequence.
Nov 10, 2009 2:48 PM

Jun 2009
Think this and Ikkitosen are all about fanservice and people beating the shit out of each other over retarded stories the writers make, these shows arn't for anyone who wants a decent anime with a real story/character development or anything, if you don't take it very seriously and just watch the fanservice and action you can probably enjoy it to some extent, i'm on episode 4 and may or may not drop it, trying to get into the mind set that all this anime is only for the action and panty shots, but i'm craving something actually half-decent.. might as well keep going for now i suppose
Nov 20, 2009 9:32 PM

Aug 2007
Insaner said:
THis anime is trully a masterpiece for me.Yeah it has a crappy ending ,but i never thought of that blondy little idiot as the main character.The main character in this anime for me is Natsume Shin.He is trully an amazing character with his own personal dilema.He is much more fit for a main character in this anime.I will never say this anime sucks because it has 2 crappy episodes at the end (unlike those before me).For me this anime is a masterpiece and has a certainly 10 from me.

I also saw far more worth in Shin than Souichirou. Souichirou follows the crappy formula - he's meant to be weak and lacking real training, but because of time constraints or sth he somehow becomes very strong at the end. No explanation.

Shin, however, was much more developed as a character. His internal struggles and struggles with those around him laid the foundations for the Tenjou Tenge anime's storyline. His influence and importance are far greater than Souichirou's.
Jan 10, 2010 2:45 AM

Jul 2008
At the begining I was exciting because I liked the battle escenes.
but after some episodes, when the long flashback started... OMG I felt totally bored with the storie and if I finished it, was because I already had the DVD with the series in my house and I was like... WTF I don't have anything else to do :/

Pretty boring seriously. And I started to hate most of the characters.

By the way, I know you guys enjoy the 'bodies' of the girls lol but, I hate it. Don't get me wrong, it's not because I'm a girl LOL I do like ecchi and hentai mangas as well. But for me the bodies of all the girls were just: Copy and paste. What I mean is that all of them was excatly the same :/ and at the end was pretty boring to watch the same cannon all the time. I like mangas where you can find diferences in the bodies of the characters ;-;
Jan 13, 2010 10:35 PM

Sep 2009
Well it cant have character development manga is much more longer and explain some thing like Aya "crush" etc .
Mar 8, 2010 3:14 AM

Nov 2008
Lmao this anime fail,Nagi is just the typical never give up main character with special healing power.I would rather have masataka as main character.Im just gonna fast foward all the episode...
Apr 6, 2010 6:32 AM

Aug 2009
Those flashbacks were too long and too much geez if you were gonna do that what is the meaning of souichiro and bob? This is stupid as hell.What is the point if 10 episodes are flashbacks in a story?

I wasted my 24x23=552/60= 9.2 hours on this stupid serie. NOT RECOMMENDED.
Anime List: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Rodreth
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/rodreth/profile
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Rodreth/
Night is the darkest just before the dawn.

May 21, 2010 10:17 PM

Apr 2010
Lolz i hate History's Strongest Disciple: Kenichi<< but every week i watch it T_T... but i hate Kenichi
Jul 19, 2010 7:41 AM

Jan 2010
this was good for awhile but honestly it really pissed me off on how long the flashbacks were. dont get me wrong it was pretty good flashbacks certainly one of the best flashbacks. but i mean srsly how many days did they actually progress? 7 days max? oh well overall decent but mostly for a time killer series...ill go try the manga :D
Jul 26, 2010 11:01 AM

Feb 2008
I'm at episode 15 and I was just about to drop this series... however I concluded that the opening is to cool to be dropped !!! So Yayy ! Stupid me is watching this series just because of it's great opening sequence ! :)))

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Aug 6, 2010 5:06 PM

Jun 2009
i felt that tenjou tenge was given the same treatment as airgear. they just left the series. it's sad since this is one of the few animes where i give it the bleach treatment. the fight scenes are just too good for pages.

puedjies said:
I also saw far more worth in Shin than Souichirou. Souichirou follows the crappy formula - he's meant to be weak and lacking real training, but because of time constraints or sth he somehow becomes very strong at the end. No explanation.

Shin, however, was much more developed as a character. His internal struggles and struggles with those around him laid the foundations for the Tenjou Tenge anime's storyline. His influence and importance are far greater than Souichirou's.

that's probably because half of the season was a flash back. if they focused more on souichiro and the present instead of the flashbacks, then we may have had a better main character.
TSXAug 6, 2010 5:10 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenjou Tenge Episode 24 Discussion

meneope - Oct 31, 2009

28 by ASideKick »»
Feb 18, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Tenjou Tenge Episode 7 Discussion

meneope - Oct 11, 2009

9 by MajedM1999 »»
Feb 1, 5:09 PM

» The series lacks potential, but needs more exposure

RaltsPokemon - Nov 10, 2023

2 by INTJ_Ren »»
Nov 10, 2023 2:48 AM

Poll: » Tenjou Tenge Episode 3 Discussion

et-kubo - Jun 22, 2009

9 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:39 PM

» Manga or anime?

L1ncoln86 - May 8, 2023

3 by ArdaMTL »»
May 9, 2023 9:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.