Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 26, 2014 11:32 PM
Mar 2011

1 Its got a better Story than FFX has witha better lead the proper lead that X should of had in Yuna [Tida was not a good Lead in X] and also The romance sucked The Love story in X 2 was ebtter Shuyin and Lenne was so much better. Paine has a good Backstory too
2 its has the best extra content of any mondern FF game [ in cuding my Fave 3d FF IX] thats is you dont chease it
3 Is has a Job system and proper Job system First one in over ten years and also the last one to have one
4 the best job class in any FF ever while never being my fave job Samurai Dark knightand Blue mage[ h have all been mmy faves was mine the mascot Job is this game is The Best made Job class in any ROpG iv ever played [ the omnly thimgs thats comse close ot being on Par proper Bullit Magic Foucused Royal Class in deamon souls] for ballance and skilks and power

5 the only draw back is lack of summons

-------------
With all that said why all the hate for this game
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 27, 2014 12:16 AM

Jun 2011
From what I've seen people either hate it because of how Yuna's personality changed, or because of the all-girl party. I think it's one of the better FF games, with the best battle system in the series.
Jan 27, 2014 12:22 AM

Jan 2014
Because its cool to hate things? Hate is a strong word that I feel people are misusing.

Ramblings aside, x-2 was the first one I played. Although, personally, I enjoyed X more. I think that people tend to hold something in higher regard if its the first time they've experianced a particular feeling, AKA nostalgia.

I can say though, imo (i actually replayed both x and x2 last month), the reason I liked x more could because the change in the mood from the traditional ways and morals of the story, and x2 with its, well I wouldnt say unorthadox, change. I think people did not like the change. I can't be very specific because there many possible reasons. Some of them, unjustifiable.
Jan 27, 2014 4:07 AM
Sep 2007
Shuyin >>> Tidus.
Jan 27, 2014 7:21 AM

Mar 2012
Narmy said:
From what I've seen people either hate it because of how Yuna's personality changed, or because of the all-girl party.
From what I've seen, the problem mostly lies on the dressphere change scenes.

Personally, I actually find it to be one of the best FF out there for many of the reasons previously mentioned. Though I find the story to be more lackluster than the one in X.
Jan 27, 2014 2:57 PM

Dec 2012
NoSurrender1690 said:
why all the hate for this game

Because the game was so "tongue-in-cheek" humor, that it made sane straight men gag and vomit their internal organs. "We're being purposefully flirty and girly and making references to Charlie's Angels." The game didn't take itself, at-all, seriously, and it shows. God... awful.

If you're going to make fun of yourself, at least do it briefly and intelligently like Metal Gear Solid 3, where Snake pulls off the Raiden mask, and has the James Bond-like theme of "Snake Eater".
CrimeIntraJan 27, 2014 3:01 PM
How do people get to 2000 hours when I'm already this bored?
Jan 27, 2014 3:00 PM

Nov 2013
I actually preferred X-2 over X.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Jan 27, 2014 3:15 PM

Mar 2008
Probably a lot of people feel the characters were butchered from the characters they came to love in FFX. I was personally turned off from the designs, but I should give it a shot.
Jan 27, 2014 3:52 PM

Feb 2013
Personally, I thought X-2 was great, out of all the games in the series with the job system it's probably tied with V for the best. I can't decide which one I like more, I like that fact that you can mix and match job commands on V, but I like the fact that you can change jobs mid-battle in X-2.
Jan 27, 2014 4:18 PM
Mar 2011
side note um how come theres no direct rebuttal of my reason that i think the game is good
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jan 27, 2014 4:45 PM

Nov 2008
FFX-2 is the video game equivalent of a bad ecchi anime, you're better off playing more superior titles like Senran Kagura, Criminal Girls, the Japanese version of Monster Monpiece, and Seisou no Amazones also older titles like Pia Carrot and every version of Steam Hearts except for the Saturn version are superior to this.

Jan 27, 2014 5:29 PM

Jan 2010
It's a good game but....
Fcked up Final Fantasy 10s ending.
Jan 27, 2014 5:33 PM

Sep 2007
Gameplay was good. Story was shit. Made FFX's ending seem pretty pointless.
Jan 27, 2014 6:52 PM

Jul 2012
I personally loved the game. Very fun.
Jan 27, 2014 6:55 PM

May 2010
As much as I enjoyed FFX-2... the hate is justified. While I enjoyed it I can't defend it. It gives you no real motivating plot, and you don't feel like you're impacting anything for a very long time. It almost feels like a giant side quest. And some guys feel emasculated playing dress up with a cast of all females. I already feel emasculated, so I'm immune to that. I imagine women might feel objectified as well, idk.
Jan 27, 2014 7:06 PM

Nov 2013
the idea that the entire world of Spira would recover from FFX and develop a party culture in just 2 years didn't make sense to me.
I don't like that they sexualized Yuna and Rikku (especially Rikku).
It feels like they were just trying to sell rather than make a good story.

That said, I think FFX-2 is better than most people claim it is. But the vibe doesn't really match FFX. If you removed Yuna and Rikku it never would have occurred to me that FFX-2 was a sequel to FFX. It's not a bad game, it's just not a good sequel.
bennitoriJan 27, 2014 7:09 PM
Jan 27, 2014 7:40 PM

Feb 2012
Thrashinuva said:
As much as I enjoyed FFX-2... the hate is justified. While I enjoyed it I can't defend it. It gives you no real motivating plot, and you don't feel like you're impacting anything for a very long time. It almost feels like a giant side quest.

I would also add recycled environments, monsters and despite that FF X didn't actually have any amazing dungeons, the ones in FF X-2 are terrible copy-paste hallways. All of them. Then we have minigames, most of which are clunky and unplayable as per JRPG tradition. They somehow managed to even ruin Blitzball (though I'm not sure if it was actually ever that good). The job system is nice, but sort of useless at the same time. I never had a reason to switch jobs mid battle, since everything outside some special bosses and maybe the last boss falls way too fast. The system is good, but the actual battles are not. If I had to compare it to weapons system, sphere grid and the best summon system in the franchise in FF X, I'm afraid that the dress sphere system simply loses out. It even loses out to the one in FF V in usefulness.
Jan 27, 2014 8:27 PM
Mar 2011
mecharobot said:
Thrashinuva said:
As much as I enjoyed FFX-2... the hate is justified. While I enjoyed it I can't defend it. It gives you no real motivating plot, and you don't feel like you're impacting anything for a very long time. It almost feels like a giant side quest.

I would also add recycled environments, monsters and despite that FF X didn't actually have any amazing dungeons, the ones in FF X-2 are terrible copy-paste hallways. All of them. Then we have minigames, most of which are clunky and unplayable as per JRPG tradition. They somehow managed to even ruin Blitzball (though I'm not sure if it was actually ever that good). The job system is nice, but sort of useless at the same time. I never had a reason to switch jobs mid battle, since everything outside some special bosses and maybe the last boss falls way too fast. The system is good, but the actual battles are not. If I had to compare it to weapons system, sphere grid and the best summon system in the franchise in FF X, I'm afraid that the dress sphere system simply loses out. It even loses out to the one in FF V in usefulness.

i found it esre to brake the Grind in ten than i did the Job system n X-2

Jan 28, 2014 1:25 PM

Aug 2010
I didn't hate it, but I can see why people would. It didn't really feel like an FF game at times...
Bum Bum Dum Dum

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

62 by BitChilly »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Nintendo the rising king of console industry!?

rohan121 - Yesterday

8 by Lucifrost »»
3 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

28 by MalchikRepaid »»
3 hours ago

» What Are Your Favorite Games? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZeroTatsuyaYu - Mar 13, 2016

289 by SolidPayne »»
4 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3537 by BookBirdie »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.