Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 15, 2007 7:09 PM

Apr 2007
So, this seems to be the kind of thing that or you love or you hate. I watched three episodes and I almost fell asleep in every one. As I was thinking this was really a bad series I found out who liked it. There's a review giving 10 to the show and 4 people agree with it. Who liked it and why? Please someone tell me.
Nov 15, 2007 11:28 PM

Jan 2007
I also just started it, but I'm 9 episodes in and liking it a lot. Obviously I can't speak about the series as a whole, but I think you're in for more of the same. If you didn't like the 3 eps you saw, you probably won't like the rest.
Feb 12, 2008 10:09 AM

Dec 2007
well it depends on your tastes. There are a lot of people who finde this show greate and also a lot that couldn't go through the hole serie.
Personaly I don't hate anithing at Gilgamesh. Is in my top 5 for Pet's sake XD.
I find the story interesting and the charachter development excelent.
I also made a recomandation for it witch didn't apeared yet. Hope it will be accepted.
I toled more what I like about this anime there.
In my opinion this is greate!

Mar 17, 2008 5:32 PM

Aug 2007
I disliked during the first couple of episodes, but I changed a bit during the middle & end where it stared to pick for me. Good series in the end though.

"The world's decadence often pertains to a single lonely heart."
Apr 2, 2008 1:20 PM

Sep 2007
I think you just need to watch some more episodes... at first it was kinda boring for me too (like first 5 episodes or so) but then i got completely into it. I watched it all and i can say that the best episodes are at the end.

It's 10/10 for me though :]
Jun 19, 2008 10:47 PM
Feb 2008
So far it's merely ok. The show reeks of low budget though. The art isn't that great...but at least it's different. If anything it looks like Aeon Flux and some generic anime's love child. Seems interesting...and it feels very Western

Merely ok In My book but 3 eps in only
Jun 27, 2008 8:15 PM

May 2008
I had a friend who let me borrow the English dub. The first 2 discs were hard to show interest in. The series seemed very slow and gave me the impression that I had already seen something like it in low budget sci-fi movies. But she continued to push me to watch it and the ending was very gripping. By the 3rd disc everything started to make some since and at the same time become completely distorted. The ending was something I never expected and left me with my jaw on the floor in shock.

This series is definitely an acquired taste but the final episodes are worth struggling through the opening half.

Jun 28, 2008 9:08 PM
Feb 2008
Hmm I hope so ashleex. Up to 16 and things are still ho hum
Jul 2, 2008 12:27 AM
Feb 2008
Finished it. Yeah.......ok.......um.....yeah I mean the ending was appropriate but still kinda lolwut? Didn't really care for anyone at the end but some scenes in the last episode actually made me care for a split second. Interesting...different...but I really didn't care about anyone or anything that happened.
Aug 8, 2008 8:31 PM
Aug 2008
I was very impressed with this show.
Aug 18, 2008 2:44 PM

Nov 2007
Personally, i thought this show was the biggest let down of any anime ive ever watched. I didnt feel anything for the characters at the end, i dont like the way the story came together at the end, etc.
Sep 26, 2008 7:45 PM

Apr 2008
i loled at the end

the world was destroyed because some bitch pms'ed

fuckin amazing
Nov 29, 2008 8:33 AM

Apr 2008
silentknight0083 said:
Personally, i thought this show was the biggest let down of any anime ive ever watched. I didnt feel anything for the characters at the end, i dont like the way the story came together at the end, etc.

absolutely agreed. The characters are so cold and mechanical that in the end, you find out that you actually don't care about them at all.

I also like to add that some drawings were painfully inconsistent. Sometimes the characters looked awfully different.

And a last thing, the only thing helped me through this series is the high quality sound effects. If Neon Genesis Evangelion was made with this kind of sound effects [btw I don't mean the ''Renewal''] , I really would drop watching Gilgamesh and go back to watch Evangelion for a thousand time again.
Feb 8, 2012 12:12 AM
May 2011
its been years since i watched it but i remember enjoying it but hating the ending. my siblings felt the same way.
Nov 23, 2018 1:47 PM

Nov 2014
This show was so bad it shouldn’t be watched by anyone ever.

Don’t let the slow pace, misplaced music and dark scenes fool you this show really goes from lack lustre to shit to laughable in the final pointless scene.
Jun 14, 2023 11:35 PM

Jan 2016
I'm on ep 14 and so far I'm finding it interesting but the pacing is horrible... I feel like this series could be a movie and it would make it much better

Jul 25, 2023 9:27 AM

Oct 2019
I watched 11 episodes and dropped it. it was actually the first and for a long time only anime that I had dropped.

It has an interesting story, but the animation is horrendous. which wouldn't be so bad, if they didn't try to have "fight scenes" of all things.

the first 10 episodes barely moved the plot. it's slow in the most bs way possible. and I love slow burners, just look at my list.

ep 11 did get more interesting than ever before, but by that time I was so burnt out that I just couldn't keep going. I might pick it back up though. these days I have even more patience for slower shows, and I have heard than the ending is pretty good.

as far as I watched though, it's a VERY interesting premise and some REALLY interesting ideas but with questionable at best execution.
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Oct 15, 2023 2:36 PM

Feb 2017
Reply to APolygons2
I watched 11 episodes and dropped it. it was actually the first and for a long time only anime that I had dropped.

It has an interesting story, but the animation is horrendous. which wouldn't be so bad, if they didn't try to have "fight scenes" of all things.

the first 10 episodes barely moved the plot. it's slow in the most bs way possible. and I love slow burners, just look at my list.

ep 11 did get more interesting than ever before, but by that time I was so burnt out that I just couldn't keep going. I might pick it back up though. these days I have even more patience for slower shows, and I have heard than the ending is pretty good.

as far as I watched though, it's a VERY interesting premise and some REALLY interesting ideas but with questionable at best execution.
@APolygons2 zoomer mindset
Oct 15, 2023 4:36 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to 1v100
@APolygons2 zoomer mindset
@Jada7770
how is complaining about truly subpar animation and bad pacing a zoomer mindset?

Monster is a psychological slow burner from around the same time, and it's a fucking masterpiece. it even looks better despite not being an action show.

I have loved most older shows that I have seen.
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gilgamesh Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

illdoya - Jan 6, 2009

55 by paqaru »»
Apr 9, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Gilgamesh Episode 1 Discussion

DaBigD - Jan 2, 2009

26 by koji_K »»
May 21, 2023 2:15 PM

Poll: » Gilgamesh Episode 25 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Apr 7, 2013

5 by Dawizz »»
Oct 26, 2022 12:41 PM

Poll: » Gilgamesh Episode 20 Discussion

6 by Inexplicable »»
Aug 31, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Gilgamesh Episode 11 Discussion

6 by Inexplicable »»
Aug 30, 2022 1:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.