Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 22, 2009 6:13 PM

Oct 2008
This isn't like the big MAL support forums, it's just our little support/q&a thread. It's here so you can post questions and answers, suggestions, thoughts, anything like that. Anyone with any ideas or responses for a question can go for the answer. You can post your club ideas and comments, questions about MAL basics, really anything. If none of us here can give you an answer, we'll try to point you in the right direction. ^_^

some stuff we'll tackle:
  • MAL Welcoming Club Questions and Answers
  • Introductions Questions and Answers
  • Club Suggestions and Answers
  • Intro threads Questions and Answers
  • typical MAL Questions and Answers, lists, BBcode stuff, profiles, etc...and Answers
  • Support Questions and Answers
  • Anime stuff and Answers
  • Questioning the Universe and Answers
  • Riddles and Answers
  • ????.... <--- and those...and Answers
olmecalmightyJun 20, 2009 12:17 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (28) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 2009 6:27 PM

Mar 2009
LOL hey!! Its me again! lets say someone poses a question...seeing as i don't know a lot about what goes on in a forum or how to set up pages :P Is it OK if i send them here maybe! just curious because i know that I'm not the most adept person when it comes to recommending stuff to other people but can i suggest to whomever is asking that this would be a good place to find answers...lol i know there isn't much here now, but its growing at a rather steady pace! so eventually it will be greatness! :)
Mar 22, 2009 6:33 PM

Oct 2008
lol, i think you just wanted to post first again. i think that's a good idea. especially because the threads are locked to non-members. more people would get to join. and we'll be pretty adept here at answering questions as a group
Mar 22, 2009 6:37 PM

Mar 2009
Lol hopefully by then ill know more! hahaha would be kind of sad if every time someone asked something, i would only be able to send them to somebody else :P

LOL are you a MIND READER TOO! how would you know i wanted the first post!
Mar 22, 2009 6:44 PM

Feb 2009
Question... from aichan

when helping someone with their sig how can i show them their edit page?
i was helping someone with their sig and got no idea how to do it so i use mine as an example.
Mar 22, 2009 6:54 PM

Oct 2008
Remixed said:
LOL are you a MIND READER TOO! how would you know i wanted the first post!

Remixed answer: no, aichan is, we have already discovered this, despite the denials

aichanXD said:
Question... from aichan

i was helping someone with their sig and got no idea how to do it so i use mine as an example.

this link will take them to their signature editing page, as it does for you:

http://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=signature

if they want forum settings where all the code is compiled, (i.e. where you put the spoilers in), this is the address:

http://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=forumoptions
Mar 22, 2009 7:02 PM

Feb 2009
aichanXD said:
Question... from aichan

this link will take them to their signature editing page, as it does for you:

http://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=signature

if they want forum settings where all the code is compiled, (i.e. where you put the spoilers in), this is the address:

http://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=forumoptions

just wondering when click by a person does it take them to their edit only?
Mar 22, 2009 7:11 PM

Oct 2008
yes, it only takes them to theirs, like when you click on either of those links it will go to your page for each of those settings configurations, if they were to click on that same link, it would take them to theirs.
Mar 22, 2009 7:14 PM

Feb 2009
ok gotcha.
Mar 22, 2009 7:50 PM

Mar 2009
olmecalmighty said:
yes, it only takes them to theirs, like when you click on either of those links it will go to your page for each of those settings configurations, if they were to click on that same link, it would take them to theirs.

Wouldnt it be horrible if they could get into your stuff via that link!? lol log out and then come back to all your stuff erased! i can imagine that would be really frustrating...
Mar 22, 2009 7:57 PM

Oct 2008
the only thing that really scares me is that option that irreversable option to delete your entire list by entering your password in the erase my list the options tab. then poof...i don't want to impulsively delete my list in one move.

but if you do want to show someone, a way to do it is to take a screenshot of your screen, and then you can upload that to your photobucket, imageshack, etc. account, and then they could see...
Mar 22, 2009 7:57 PM

Feb 2009
Remixed said:
olmecalmighty said:

Wouldnt it be horrible if they could get into your stuff via that link!? lol log out and then come back to all your stuff erased! i can imagine that would be really frustrating...

i think what he is trying to say is that when you link it to that page then the person who click it is only taken to their's instead of yours.
Mar 22, 2009 8:02 PM

Feb 2009
Question?

What has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs at night?
Mar 22, 2009 8:10 PM

Oct 2008
answer: a person

crawls, two legs, two legs and a cane :-)
Mar 22, 2009 8:12 PM

Mar 2009
aichanXD said:
Question?

What has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs at night?

LOL i love this one... A BEAR!

Four legs- When it Wakes up
Two Legs-When its trying to swat at honey bees
Three legs when it walks into a bear trap!
I WIN!!

LOL Just joking...MAN! :)
Cries* I WAS BEATEN TO IT!
Mar 22, 2009 8:15 PM

Oct 2008
omg, i never heard that answer before! i never realized the riddle of the sphinx could have more than one answer. i wonder what would have happened if Oedipus said that.
Mar 22, 2009 8:15 PM

Feb 2009
Right on! too easy perhaps
i'll think of another just you wait.
Mar 22, 2009 8:31 PM

Mar 2009
olmecalmighty said:
omg, i never heard that answer before! i never realized the riddle of the sphinx could have more than one answer. i wonder what would have happened if Oedipus said that.

The sphinx would've OWNED him big time for trying to make him look dumb...well at least if i was a sphinx i would've :P
Mar 22, 2009 8:35 PM

Oct 2008
or if he said...a sphinx

Four legs- When it wasting away from erosion
Two Legs-When it wasting away from erosion
Three legs when it walks into a bear trap! (that one stays the same)
I WIN!!!!!
Mar 22, 2009 8:38 PM

Nov 2008
Remixed said:
olmecalmighty said:

haxxors!
Mar 22, 2009 8:42 PM

Mar 2009
olmecalmighty said:
or if he said...a sphinx

Four legs- When it wasting away from erosion
Two Legs-When it wasting away from erosion
Three legs when it walks into a bear trap! (that one stays the same)
I WIN!!!!!

LOL i think he would die from laughter! hahaha....yah i think you win this time!
Mar 23, 2009 2:15 PM

Feb 2009
LOL XD
That's a good one
i've never heard it like that before^_^
Mar 24, 2009 11:47 AM

Oct 2008
riddle of the sphinx: solved! q&a is going well.
olmecalmightyMar 24, 2009 7:37 PM
Mar 26, 2009 4:26 PM

Feb 2009
Hey everyone i've been thinking... does anyone know how to make club member id's?

Something like this...

but for this club?
AilisaMar 26, 2009 4:30 PM
Mar 26, 2009 4:35 PM

Nov 2008
aichanXD said:
Hey everyone i've been thinking... does anyone know how to make club member id's?

Something like this...

but for this club?

OMG OMG OMG! I was just thinking about that! (Sorry for typing omg so much ^_^;.)

You support Tomoya x Tomoyo T_T.
VampiressMiharuMar 26, 2009 4:39 PM
Mar 26, 2009 4:51 PM

Feb 2009
VampiressMiharu said:
aichanXD said:

Something like this...

but for this club?

OMG OMG OMG! I was just thinking about that! (Sorry for typing omg so much ^_^;.)

You support Tomoya x Tomoyo T_T.

Miharu-chan can you do something like that? The id i mean?

Sure i support all Clannad characters.^_^
is something wrong? :(
wait let me guess it's about Nagisa x Tomoya right?
AilisaMar 26, 2009 5:19 PM
Mar 26, 2009 5:38 PM

Mar 2009
aichanXD said:

Something like this...

but for this club?

Ohh it looks so pretty o.o
I think I can make one of those, if i try xD
Mar 26, 2009 5:52 PM

Feb 2009
Clarsiso said:
aichanXD said:

Something like this...

but for this club?

Well i was thinking that we'd make one for everyone in the club.
I'd do it myself but don't know how to. :P
Mar 26, 2009 6:53 PM

Nov 2008
aichanXD said:
Clarsiso said:
aichanXD said:

Something like this...

but for this club?

Lots of clubs have two or more different member cards you can choose from. I'm going to experiment in Photoshop.
Mar 26, 2009 8:20 PM

Oct 2008
VampiressMiharu said:
aichanXD said:
Clarsiso said:
aichanXD said:

Something like this...

but for this club?

Lots of clubs have two or more different member cards you can choose from. I'm going to experiment in Photoshop.
well, maybe we can try with one to start.

we know you're our awesome PS guru VampiressMiharu :-)
Mar 26, 2009 9:19 PM

Mar 2009
YAY!! we getting a ID cardy thingy! we gonna be so official!! :)

Im gonna be like "I'm a card carrying member of the MAL Welcoming Club!" *shoves card into onlooker's face*...then say "Don't be jealous...cause i know you are!" :P

maybe not that obnoxious but you get the point! hahaha! :P
Mar 26, 2009 9:34 PM

Feb 2009
Yeah if ever decided to get member id's i think we should create another thread to make and hand them out the same way i got my Tomoyo X Tomoya ID.

What does everyone think?
Mar 26, 2009 9:43 PM

Mar 2009
aichanXD said:
Yeah if ever decided to get member id's i think we should create another thread to make and hand them out the same way i got my Tomoyo X Tomoya ID.

What does everyone think?

I think that's an awesome idea! That way it wont be a scavenger hunt to find one! :P

Is the Tomoyo X Tomoya thing a popular coupling? just curious cause i saw the "Another World" Arc...it looked pretty interesting...it actually was awesome for just one episode!
Mar 26, 2009 9:44 PM

Oct 2008
lots of clubs do it, with success. I imagine it wouldn't be too bad, but we'd have to have typeset put in for each new request. someone's got to do that too. I'm wondering, if we do this, who'd like one? (I'm looking for hands^^)
Mar 26, 2009 9:45 PM

Mar 2009
Sounds like a good idea :3
*raises hand* I want one :o
Mar 26, 2009 9:51 PM

Mar 2009
LOL *puts hands in pockets* ...*walks away whistling*....

hahahaha! just joking! id love to have one! but where does it go...I'm a little confused about how it works lol...i need to know where to put it before i shove it in people's faces!!
Mar 26, 2009 10:06 PM

Feb 2009
well you can always put it on your profile page like i did with mine.

Check it out...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/aichanXD
Mar 26, 2009 10:11 PM

Feb 2009
Remixed said:
Is the Tomoyo X Tomoya thing a popular coupling? just curious cause i saw the "Another World" Arc...it looked pretty interesting...it actually was awesome for just one episode!

well they're among the top couples in my book so i guess they're neck and neck with Nagisa X Tomoya.
Mar 26, 2009 10:12 PM

Mar 2009
O.o ok i see! now i just gotta find out how to do that...you have LOADS of pictures LOL...such a pretty page you have! :) the fact that they all from clannad makes it even better lol...im waiting on the last episode to come out before i start watching "The After Story"
Mar 26, 2009 10:13 PM

Feb 2009
I would also like one of course^_^
*Rise hand*
Mar 26, 2009 10:14 PM

Feb 2009
Remixed said:
O.o ok i see! now i just gotta find out how to do that...you have LOADS of pictures LOL...such a pretty page you have! :) the fact that they all from clannad makes it even better lol...im waiting on the last episode to come out before i start watching "The After Story"

Just curious, you don't watched online?
Mar 26, 2009 10:24 PM

Nov 2008
aichanXD said:
Remixed said:

Just curious, you don't watched online?

Yeah, Clannad finished a loooong time ago.
Mar 26, 2009 10:24 PM

Mar 2009
Nope ive never watched it online before...you mean as in streaming from a website? i know it can be done...but ive never tried lol when does the last ep come out...i see that its stopped at 23...

Oh lol ive watched all of clannad but im waiting on the last ep of "The After Story" to come out before i start on that :P
Mar 26, 2009 10:38 PM

Feb 2009
Remixed said:
Nope ive never watched it online before...you mean as in streaming from a website? i know it can be done...but ive never tried lol when does the last ep come out...i see that its stopped at 23...

Oh lol ive watched all of clannad but im waiting on the last ep of "The After Story" to come out before i start on that :P

Clannad ~After Story~ actually has 24 episodes and is already aired.

if you want to watch online i suggest watching at these site so you can catch up...

http://www.zomganime.com/

http://www.watchanimeon.com/
Mar 26, 2009 10:52 PM

Mar 2009
Cool that's awesome! but first i have to finish up The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Kanon...which i started today lol! i cant watch too many things at once...i get confused hahaha!
Mar 29, 2009 7:24 AM

Feb 2009
*sigh* Is the problem from yesterday getting worst or better for you guys?
Mar 29, 2009 10:28 AM

Nov 2008
aichanXD said:
*sigh* Is the problem from yesterday getting worst or better for you guys?

You mean the picture problem? The pictures have always showed up perfectly on my computer, but sometimes old pictures show up.
Mar 29, 2009 12:59 PM

Oct 2008
it seems Xinil is starting to get things cleared up, i noticed some of the list wallpapers coming back too.
Mar 29, 2009 1:17 PM

Feb 2009
I was just wondering what is he doing really?

I know he is try to improve the site, but messing with everyone's pics like that.
Is it even nessesary? :/
Mar 29, 2009 1:19 PM

Oct 2008
yeah aichan, you and everyone else who've mentioned on the forums that they can't see their profile pics i have been able to see...i think he's trying different stuff to make MAL a little faster while changes are made
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (28) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Agree or Not Agree GAME ( 1 2 3 )

Mrokand - Oct 6, 2009

105 by Matiss001 »»
Sep 21, 2021 3:38 AM

» Help discover the manga

kiddygradelover - Oct 15, 2016

0 by kiddygradelover »»
Oct 15, 2016 9:25 PM

» Last Letter Word Game + Anime Series and Character ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ailisa - Mar 24, 2009

5297 by removed-user »»
Jan 5, 2015 4:50 AM

Sticky: » Tell Us About You ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

olmecalmighty - Mar 21, 2009

2908 by mericat »»
Aug 15, 2014 3:57 PM

» ABC Word Game + Anime Series and Characters ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ailisa - Mar 27, 2009

4347 by potatocat »»
Apr 14, 2013 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.