Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 11, 2007 1:44 PM
Jun 2007
Does this show actually end, or does it just drop off a la Inuyasha? I'd like watch the show, but if I watch 102 episodes and it stiffs me at the end with a crappy ambiguous ending, I'll just settle for the manga.
Dec 8, 2007 4:16 PM

Oct 2007
Yes, the show does end. there are a bunch of fillers until the 2nd arc with fuuka starts, and then the NY arc is after then. After the NY arc i can't remember if there are more fillers until the 3rd arc starts.

But yes, there IS an ending. though it is quite different than the manga ending and i was slightly dissappointed. However, it was a decent ending and if i didnt know how the manga was i probably would have enjoyed it. (the last 4 episodes kinda irked me because they left things out, that was pretty much it).

anyway, i think its worth it to watch most of the series. theres a lot of things they add that didnt happen in the manga that i like, and the anime is quite hysterical overall. i personally was pleased with it, minus the last few episodes since they didnt include something that i personally expected to see animated.
Jan 31, 2008 4:21 PM
Jan 2008
Hi just wondering if anyone has a site I can go to to watch Kodocha
Feb 24, 2008 2:07 AM

Jul 2007
Is the manga different from the anime and if it is where does the anime show up to
Feb 24, 2008 6:21 AM

Jun 2005
The elementary school arc (episodes 1-51 of the anime) follows pretty much the manga with several "filler" episodes. However, the middle school arc diverges greatly from the manga by adding many more filler episodes plus the whole NY filler arc, and stops somewhere in volume 7 of the manga. This leaves pretty much everything from the last three volumes uncovered.

The manga's tone in the last few volumes is very different from the anime, it turns much more serious and has heavy, very heavy, drama. Well, like any shoujo of that kind, but in this case it constrasts even more.
Mar 14, 2009 9:21 PM

Mar 2008
does anyone know what episode funimation channel stopped showing it at i know it was still in the elementryr school arc and the last episode i remeber is when kodocha's family went bank rupt
You Know You Want To Click Them :D
Mar 17, 2009 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
The du
Jumoji said:
does anyone know what episode funimation channel stopped showing it at i know it was still in the elementryr school arc and the last episode i remeber is when kodocha's family went bank rupt
b episodes stop at 51. :DD
Mar 24, 2009 11:22 PM
Mar 2009
It'd be nice if someone could make a 'guide' that eliminated the fillers or something. I read the 10 volumes of KODOCHA in manga and I might watch the anime, in hopes that the anime series won't kill the manga--aka, some animes I've watched are fail compared to the manga it was based off of.
Mar 27, 2009 11:54 AM

Aug 2007
DearSky said:
It'd be nice if someone could make a 'guide' that eliminated the fillers or something. I read the 10 volumes of KODOCHA in manga and I might watch the anime, in hopes that the anime series won't kill the manga--aka, some animes I've watched are fail compared to the manga it was based off of.

Skip from when Sana goes bankrupt to when Fuuka arrives. Skip all of the NY ark, and the watch to the end. Its very, very different from the manga. You know the thing with her getting the way she gets at the end? It ends before that....with a COMPLETELY different ending.

One thing about the anime is I don't feel fullfilled.....I felt the ending was lacking....alot.

Apr 13, 2009 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
For those who might want to know "You can watch Kodocha (subbed) @ revolution-anime.net"

Also..Is there going to be another season?
Apr 16, 2009 12:18 PM

Jul 2007
Cassie901 said:
For those who might want to know "You can watch Kodocha (subbed) @ revolution-anime.net"

Also..Is there going to be another season?

Considering it's over ten years old and rather long already... I'm guessing no.

oh, these little earthquakes
Jul 19, 2014 6:02 AM

Nov 2011
This better have a BD. I'll be waiting until then.
May 11, 2017 12:13 PM

Jul 2015
katsup said:
Yes, the show does end. there are a bunch of fillers until the 2nd arc with fuuka starts, and then the NY arc is after then. After the NY arc i can't remember if there are more fillers until the 3rd arc starts.

But yes, there IS an ending. though it is quite different than the manga ending and i was slightly dissappointed. However, it was a decent ending and if i didnt know how the manga was i probably would have enjoyed it. (the last 4 episodes kinda irked me because they left things out, that was pretty much it).

anyway, i think its worth it to watch most of the series. theres a lot of things they add that didnt happen in the manga that i like, and the anime is quite hysterical overall. i personally was pleased with it, minus the last few episodes since they didnt include something that i personally expected to see animated.
I don't know why people hated the NYC arc so much, other than it didn't have Hayama & his classmates. I thought it was an important arc that revealed Kamura's family background and should have been watched by Kodocha fans.
May 11, 2017 12:18 PM

Jul 2015
No, the series ended as it should have, I really liked the ending, the series was only meant to last 102 episodes anyway.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kodomo no Omocha (TV) Episode 60 Discussion

blank - Jan 21, 2021

3 by jumbosan »»
Mar 22, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Kodomo no Omocha (TV) Episode 53 Discussion

blank - Jan 21, 2021

2 by jumbosan »»
Mar 21, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Kodomo no Omocha (TV) Episode 50 Discussion

blank - Jan 20, 2021

2 by jumbosan »»
Mar 21, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Kodomo no Omocha (TV) Episode 45 Discussion

Unowen - Jul 8, 2016

5 by jumbosan »»
Mar 20, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Kodomo no Omocha (TV) Episode 38 Discussion

blank - Jan 20, 2021

1 by jumbosan »»
Mar 9, 12:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.