Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 7, 2014 10:02 PM

Oct 2013
I want the ability to change the ratings. because at the moment it is in MPAA (USA) rating format with G, PG, PG-13, R, and NC-17. I find it confusing because I am Australian and I'm used to the ACB rating format with G, PG, M, MA, and R18+.
MyAnimeList people, please consider.
Jan 7, 2014 10:04 PM
Mar 2011
boofhead185 said:
I want the ability to change the ratings. because at the moment it is in MPAA (USA) rating format with G, PG, PG-13, R, and NC-17. I find it confusing because I am Australian and I'm used to the ACB rating format with G, PG, M, MA, and R18+.
MyAnimeList people, please consider.

im use to the Japanese system and ofr the most part the US system is much more Srtict on alo of things
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 7, 2014 10:14 PM

Oct 2013
The ACB is actually a LOT stricter than the MPAA.
Jan 7, 2014 10:20 PM
Mar 2011
boofhead185 said:
The ACB is actually a LOT stricter than the MPAA.

so that would drive alot of people away from some anime
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 7, 2014 10:25 PM

Oct 2013
Not necessarily. I watch R18+ anime and I'm only 16 turning 17. Just because they're highly rated it'll make some people just want to watch them that little bit more.
Jan 8, 2014 1:19 PM

Jan 2011
is it possible to rate a show from 0 to 100 (%)? only 10 points isnt that much. there are some shows i would like to give 8,9 or 89 or 89 % if you like and there are others i would not rate so hig but 8,1 maybe. now i have to rate them both as 8 and that doesnt show the way i feel about this shows. games mags do this. i think, its the better way. =)

EDIT: oh, i see, its slightly another topic. my bad. ^^ could some admin split that? thx.
Jan 8, 2014 1:23 PM

Nov 2010
summerwars said:
is it possible to rate a show from 0 to 100 (%)? only 10 points isnt that much. there are some shows i would like to give 8,9 or 89 or 89 % if you like and there are others i would not rate so hig but 8,1 maybe. now i have to rate them both as 8 and that doesnt show the way i feel about this shows. games mags do this. i think, its the better way. =)

EDIT: oh, i see, its slightly another topic. my bad. ^^ could some admin split that? thx.
No you can't, and you can just put the number in your tags.
Jan 8, 2014 1:30 PM

Jan 2011
but can i sort the whole list by my „personal rate number“ tag? never tryed this or found something like this.

btw: thx for the rly quick reply! =)
Jan 8, 2014 1:33 PM

Nov 2010
summerwars said:
but can i sort the whole list by my „personal rate number“ tag? never tryed this or found something like this.

No, you can't. Sorting by tag only allows you to see all anime that are tagged with that, so it wouldn't be much help. It's like if you have 5 anime in your list of 25 tagged with action, after clicking on the "action" tag it will only show the 5 anime that are tagged with that in your list. For scores it would only help you be able to show your real score.

No problem.
Jan 8, 2014 1:41 PM

Jan 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
summerwars said:

No, you can't. Sorting by tag only allows you to see all anime that are tagged with that, so it wouldn't be much help. It's like if you have 5 anime in your list of 25 tagged with action, after clicking on the "action" tag it will only show the 5 anime that are tagged with that in your list. For scores it would only help you be able to show your real score.

No problem.

meeh, thats sad =/
Jul 2, 2015 6:40 AM

Mar 2013
Jodyqt said:
I actually see where this guy is coming from. A lot of the R+ series on this site, are only rated M or MA in Australia.

But in all honesty, this will take waaaaaay to much time and effort to implement as it is enforcing a different rating system altogether built on a completely different set of status-quo's and moral codes.

The ratings on this site makes no sense. I think Madoka has a more higher rating then Berserk.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site

More topics from this board

» An "Anime Franchise" page

_cjessop19_ - 2 hours ago

0 by _cjessop19_ »»
2 hours ago

» Combining every season of an Anime?

Dennisss - Apr 1, 2021

17 by _cjessop19_ »»
2 hours ago

» Add the option to change profile favorites pictures

k1rb - Oct 21, 2022

19 by k1rb »»
Yesterday, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 24, 12:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.