Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 24, 2013 10:23 AM

Nov 2013
So i am someone who has been watching the Magi manga from the first chapter till the latest. am now thinking whether should i watch the anime for the sake of it animations and voice acting.

plus, im sorry but i do not know where the hell should i put this post.

could you guys give any feed back about this
Why be Someone Else .When the only thing you know is how to be Awesome and Fantastic!
Am I right or What?
Self Five!
I Thank You guys for having the
time to read my sig
thx!
Dec 24, 2013 11:42 AM

May 2013
Anime is so different :X
I didn't like it.
Dec 24, 2013 11:53 AM

Apr 2010
Thread moved

Thread moved to Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic manga board.
Dec 24, 2013 11:57 AM
Oct 2013
Magi is great by its own if you haven't read far from the manga.

Actually the only people claiming this sucks are people who read up to recent manga chapters; while the rest who didn't claims it's a great anime.

There's a poll out there "Best anime for Fall 2013" or something and a lot chose Magi.

~From the guy who only read 3 chapters
Dec 24, 2013 12:27 PM

Mar 2013
(Aiming this post at people who have and haven't read the manga in case anyone else uses this thread for this question)

I watched the first season of the anime before I read the manga and I believe the manga is better. The Balbadd arc is pretty much the same in the anime (aside from the anime's faster pacing) but the other arcs all have things changed and I felt they didn't make the story better than how the manga had done it. So far, the second season is about the same as the first, and I still believe the manga is better. It has better pacing (considering about 110 chapters were turned into 25 episodes) and I feel like it gives you more time to connect to the characters (especially since the anime will need plenty of time after the 2nd season before it can make a 3rd so reading the weekly updating manga helps there too).

I recommend watching the anime if you really like the manga, but it may not impress you as much as the manga (but opinions vary so you may it enjoy it even more for all I know).
Dec 24, 2013 12:43 PM
Feb 2012
Since you've read all of the chapters available, there's no need to watch the anime for story purposes (that is, to get to know more about the story etc). So instead, I would recommend the second season due to a.) it being better adapted than its prequel (so far) and b.) you will have voices to connect to the characters when reading the manga. Makes the reading experience even more entertaining.
Also, there's a lot of events a fan would simply like to see animated, just because, really.

I'd say give it a try and judge for yourself whether or not it's worth continuing.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 26, 2013 1:47 AM

Oct 2012
mbdsquad said:
Magi is great by its own if you haven't read far from the manga.

Actually the only people claiming this sucks are people who read up to recent manga chapters; while the rest who didn't claims it's a great anime.

There's a poll out there "Best anime for Fall 2013" or something and a lot chose Magi.

~From the guy who only read 3 chapters

i kind of agree with you, back then when i still haven't read manga i really enjoyed anime. but i dont really mind with some differences as long it has same purpose...

Jan 21, 2014 4:17 AM

Apr 2008
Manga. Just stay with the manga
Jan 22, 2014 1:19 PM
May 2013
i read the Manga first, then i switched over to the anime at the beginning of the world exploration arc (the 2nd anime) and found it exceeding my expectations, it was really good! It didn't cut down on the violence or the explicit scenes and it felt the same as the manga.
Jan 28, 2014 12:03 PM

Jul 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Manga. Just stay with the manga

This.
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Jan 28, 2014 12:05 PM

Dec 2010
I've watched the anime and read the manga, and enjoyed both. The anime does diverge from the manga near the end of the first season and it gets a bit funky, but the second season has mostly returned on track.

More topics from this board

» opinions on Magi's depiction of Arabian culture?

laaare - Oct 30, 2016

17 by Afan_123 »»
Apr 30, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 31 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Sep 26, 2012

7 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 30 Discussion

BackLashWave - Dec 31, 2011

10 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 29 Discussion

10 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 28 Discussion

9 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.