Forum Settings
Forums

What do you guys think about the ending compared to the rest of the story?

Cage of Eden
Available on Manga Store
New
What do you guys think about the ending compared to the rest of the story?
Dec 1, 2013 1:03 PM

Apr 2012
see the question.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 1, 2013 1:04 PM

Apr 2012
Personally i thought the ending is better than I had expected. I was really worried that this manga would epic fail at around chapter 175. Fortunately, it did not offer up a complete ridiculous solution to the mysteries, and left us with an open-ended ending.

痛就是爱
Dec 4, 2013 11:24 PM

Nov 2013
The ending was horrible.. You can tell the writer was rushed for an ending, they lost track of where they were going with this. It seemed like they wanted to do more with it but either their fan base was losing interest or their publishers forced an ending, idk, but ultimately I think the ending was a slap in the face to the dedicated readers..
Dec 12, 2013 6:26 AM

Nov 2010
The ending was really horrible...
They never told us who Hades was.
Dec 12, 2013 7:51 AM

Dec 2010
Back then, I remembered that I once vowed for this manga to be an anime and it would be very awesome in my expectation....

But not anymore, I guessed. With such an open ending that had that much of questions that were laid out by the author himself and not answering them hurts my feelings very much and I felt like I was betrayed of my loyalty for staying through this series.

It was definitely a big bitchslap to the face of his hardcore fans. Seriously. Just like how Mahou sensei Negima ended, that ending made me frustrate so much that I literally stop recommending people to read it. Such pain of unanswered questions and getting a resolve out of nowhere is unbearable should one were to become a loyal fan to the series itself.

Perhaps This had to do with how the series had gotten repetitive with all the repeating cliffhanger by the end of each episode after 100++ episodes where they start investigating deeper into each events and less leadership-like epic moments ( Like that giant vulture scene where Sengoku stood up against it, That really sends a cold chill down my spine and goosebumped me for the entire weekend ). It grew more and more boring as to it's more like self questioning in alot of situation and then know the answer but choose not to say it out loud for the sake of that minor hype in between chapters.

And thus, leads to a rushed ending that only includes how everything in that island exist and what kind of people does it. It was as if the author ran out of ideas of how he should go around with the story itself, and choose to put a coma on this story to clear his head and make everything planned out ahead first. I think both the author and the publisher agreed to this ending for the sake of not ruining the series any further with more and more absurd inclusion.

And what frustrates me more.... IS THAT THE ENDING IS A FREAKING CLIFFHANGER. ANOTHER GODDANG CLIFFHANGER. AT LEAST THEY COULD'VE JUST SIMPLY PUT SENGOKU LIVES OFF ON THIS ISLAND AND SEARCHED FOR THE OTHER PEOPLE. DID THEY NOT TOLD HIM THAT KOUHEI IS STILL IN THIS GODFORSAKEN LAND? AND WHAT ABOUT HADES? THAT MOFO WHO TRIED TO BE HARDCORE AS F AND THEN SUDDENLY TAMED BY KOUHEI'S SUPERNATURAL STRENGTH?

If there ever was a continuation of the series, I will not buy any more of its books until a further observation of the story itself to a certain point or perhaps its ending.
ragemon65Dec 12, 2013 7:55 AM
Gomu Gomu No~!!! JETTO PISTOOORUU!!!
*Guy flying away ( And i mean REAL FAR AWAY )*
EPIC WIN XDDD
Dec 22, 2013 10:32 PM

Apr 2009
Eh. The story of EnO pretty much consisted of author piling one bullshit on top of another to get it going somewhere for one chapter more. It was some quite entertaining bullshit, I admit.

And then, as the end loomed near, our author sat down, looked back at what he wrote, and made a rather fitting summary.

NanacaDec 22, 2013 11:47 PM
Jan 7, 2014 2:30 PM

Apr 2012
Rinji- said:
The ending was really horrible...
They never told us who Hades was.
I think the Hades is the person who was with Arita Kouhei. The "Hades" character is like a joke that was made up of him. It's just that character likes to wear the mask and call himself Hades and make crazy proclaimation. Lame I know.

痛就是爱
Jan 30, 2014 3:28 PM

Jul 2010
Nanaca said:
Eh. The story of EnO pretty much consisted of author piling one bullshit on top of another to get it going somewhere for one chapter more.

Pretty much what I thought about the whole manga in general. It started off good and then somewhere around the 80th chapter it just got so very bad. Convoluted plots, stupid twists.

I even called the ending as soon as they reached the monument. Fucking pitiful.
Jan 31, 2014 5:55 PM
Jan 2014
This is quite a long shot but I have a theory that nothing, absolutely nothing about the island was natural. That goes for the characters as well.

Assume the Eden project was actually a plan to preserve mankind. Let's also assume that they were somehow able to get the DNA from everybody who was on the flight (wreckage salvation). Because we know that the animals were man-made you can't for sure say that the characters weren't "cloned". The plane wreckage could have been staged that way and it's possibly that the bodies of the main characters could have been preserved until that moment. The epidemic inside the last tower could have spread throughout the entire world and it could very well be that they are the last remaining humans alive.

Also, there were no panels showing the crash of the plane. Just the turbulence, black out then Akira waking up.
Just a theory, but it's a better explanation than "they went into the future."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 161 Discussion

gmgkng - Jul 13, 2012

24 by DebiPS »»
Jun 3, 2023 1:24 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 159 Discussion

Zhou - Jun 24, 2012

23 by DebiPS »»
Jun 3, 2023 1:17 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 157 Discussion

BackLashWave - Jun 10, 2012

19 by DebiPS »»
Jun 3, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 112 Discussion

Keiz - Dec 22, 2011

20 by DebiPS »»
May 30, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 94 Discussion

allenallenallen - Jun 22, 2011

26 by DebiPS »»
May 29, 2023 6:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.