Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 1, 2013 6:54 AM

Nov 2013
I know this game is a little old, and some of you may not have heard of it. But if someone does play it, would you like to trade pawns?
-BTW I have it on the Xbox 360, and the original version of Dragons Dogma, not Dark Arisen, although I will tell you guys when I get Dark Arisen because I might get it soon :)
-Let not the fear of death stay your hand nor defeat your courage. The warrior who will prevail is the one who conquers death, who becomes one with death as we have.
-To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his gods?
Dec 1, 2013 11:09 AM

Sep 2012
I have this game on PS3 and haven't played it in like a year, but yeah, it's the shit yo.
Dec 1, 2013 11:24 AM

May 2013
I thought it was amazing at first. Then I found out about the fast travel system.

And all because of that, it's shit.
Dec 1, 2013 11:25 AM

Nov 2013
Ambivalent-Axiom said:
I have this game on PS3 and haven't played it in like a year, but yeah, it's the shit yo.

You're beautiful Axiom Sensei
-Let not the fear of death stay your hand nor defeat your courage. The warrior who will prevail is the one who conquers death, who becomes one with death as we have.
-To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his gods?
Dec 1, 2013 11:26 AM

Nov 2013
Dark_Chaos said:
I thought it was amazing at first. Then I found out about the fast travel system.

And all because of that, it's shit.

That's true, and it does kind of piss me off, but another reason I'm probably going to get Dark Arisen soon :)
Dec 1, 2013 1:44 PM

Jul 2013
Loads of fun on this game, even more so with having my Griffith (Berserk Anime) Pawn by my side, unfortunately I too am PS3. Kind of regret not following through with mage when I saw how insane the magic was at later levels but by the time I beat the game once I was sick of it.
Dec 1, 2013 2:47 PM

Nov 2013
I hope I don't get sick of the game ^^
Dec 1, 2013 3:02 PM

Mar 2013
I've owned the game for over a year, but I only started playing it maybe a two weeks ago. I also play on PS3, dark arisen edition. I spend most of my time exploring around, don't know what I should be doing.

I'm not sure how to rate other player's pawns. sometimes, I'm allowed to rate them and send them back to their master with a gift.. but more than 75% of the time, it doesn't allow me to do that. not sure what's up.
meditate on bass weight.
Dec 1, 2013 3:08 PM

Nov 2013
WTF WHY IS EVERYONE PS3!!!?!!!!!?!?!?!!?!!

... Ok, well what part are you on? I can probably help you. People say they get confused because they don't know where the quest marker is, but that's because the quest target can be at night too
Dec 1, 2013 3:15 PM

Mar 2013
I mean, I guess I know what I should be doing, I should be talking to that guy in the gran soren noble area about the wyrm-hunt quest. but every pawn I hire has armor 10x better than me and my pawn's, so I keep exploring around trying to find good equipment.

I found a blue tower or something with some really good equipment in it, but the door there was locked so I couldn't progress past the very beginning of that area.

in these types of games, free-roaming and exploring are my favorite things to do. so it isn't exactly that I'm lost, I'm just fooling around.
meditate on bass weight.
Dec 1, 2013 7:49 PM

Nov 2013
So you're still at the beginning? What I did was just run around doing side quests and stuff, eventually getting over 200,000 gold. I MINOR SPOILER
Dec 1, 2013 9:43 PM

Mar 2013
huh, maybe I should continue on with the main story then, get to where caxton starts to sell better equipment. money isn't a problem for me I don't think, I have about 700,000 gold saved up.

meditate on bass weight.
Dec 1, 2013 11:50 PM

Jan 2008
I finished it around 3 or 4 times, got 130+ hours on my timer and I lack 1 quest to get my platinum trophy. So yeah I kinda aced that game. Really liked it, the world, the combat, the fact that you can switch classes at will when you want and level them all up and then choose what you feel like - that's awesome. Even though if you mix them up too much your stats might suffer but at level 100 it doesn't really matter since both my magic and physical classes kicked ass and took names.

Also the sorc has the most awesome weapon/spell in the world - lightning whip. That's just AWESOME. I love it. I do. Really. That's true.
Climbing on beasts is great too.
Now people complain that the world is very big and traveling is dificult. I find that this statement is a complete and utter bullshit. Like I said i finished the game multiple times. Some compared the map in size to Skyrim - now that's just stupid. Skyrim is 10 times bigger than this. The map here is really rather small, as I know every single place on it and traveling doesn't really that that much time while on Skyrim I just had to use the map not to get lost (even though I got a Plat there so I kinda was everywhere I still would get lost if I didn't use my map at all). Not to mention after you beat the game once you have easy access to crystal and traveling becomes even less of an issue.
Now what I don't like about the game.
One save slot. That's just wrong. That's fuckin wrong. I can't even begin to explain how retarted this is. And I don't really have to since everyone should realize it themselves.
Also the plot. Actually the story itself was plausible but the was it was told was not. I don't know it just felt like the story was the least important thing here. The characters are just weird and they act weird. The fact that our hero doesn't talk really doesn't help either, I hate silent protagonists most times.
Overall it's a pretty good game.
Dec 2, 2013 2:11 AM

Nov 2013
Mashmakhan said:
huh, maybe I should continue on with the main story then, get to where caxton starts to sell better equipment. money isn't a problem for me I don't think, I have about 700,000 gold saved up.

That mission is really fun. For that mission you need to go outside Gran Soren at night, so just sleep at the in until night, and go to specific areas on the map. I could tell you where they are, but it would be better to look it up because they have pictures ^^
Dec 2, 2013 8:50 AM

Jul 2013
I think I kinda cheated when I got jumped, by the time I fought them on my Archer I just ended up dashing between each guy slashing till dead lol.
Dec 2, 2013 9:38 AM

Nov 2013
I went Mystic Knight until lvl 30, now going assassin ^^
Dec 2, 2013 11:13 AM

Feb 2009
Game is really fun, got the Dark Arisen version from PS+ last month.
Got 3 of those fast travel crystals, one I know I found after a quest... one was quest reward, and the other one I think was just from a loot chest. I see people mentioning the fast travel system, was there less of them in the original game or something?

Mashmakhan said:
I found a blue tower or something with some really good equipment in it, but the door there was locked so I couldn't progress past the very beginning of that area.

That's probably quest-locked since you have to go there later. (Up in the northeast?)
Dec 2, 2013 11:29 AM

Nov 2013
The original had ferry stones, but it wasn't unlimited. You could either find them or buy them. In dark arisen; there is the eternal ferry stone, which is unlimited.

Another PS3... -.-
Dec 2, 2013 12:05 PM

Jun 2012
Xbox version here (cool kids on the block)

Got the game a little after launch and now I'm seeing some "Dark Arisen" mentions.

Anyone wanna fill me in?
Dec 2, 2013 12:50 PM

Nov 2013
Pikachu-Pandas said:
Xbox version here (cool kids on the block)

Got the game a little after launch and now I'm seeing some "Dark Arisen" mentions.

Anyone wanna fill me in?

Dark Arisen came out this year, basically the same thing, except with a lot more features, missions, etc... If you import your game from Dragons Dogma, then you get bonus rift crystals and bonus armor, money(I think), etc...
Dec 2, 2013 1:48 PM

Mar 2013
alright, I'll go check around at night to look for these assassins, and then after that go talk to the noble in gran soren for the wyrm-hunt quest.
baboon said:
Mashmakhan said:

That's probably quest-locked since you have to go there later. (Up in the northeast?)

yeah it was in the northeast area of the map. as soon as I entered, my pawns started talking about how this tower was used in ancient times to worship dragons or something similar. I thought I'd return there again eventually.

Pikachu-Pandas, cool picture.
meditate on bass weight.
Dec 2, 2013 6:54 PM

Nov 2013
Which females are you attracted to in this game? I feel myself attracted to Mercedes, Madeleine and Quina...
Dec 2, 2013 7:54 PM

Mar 2008
I have Dark Arisen on PS3, thanks to PS+.
I've beaten the main storyline (I think) and am playing through the Dark Arisen dungeon now whenever I have the time. My pawn is "Arngrim," who's a warrior currently at level...50? 51? Somewhere around there. Fun game. Has better and more interesting AI than most RPGs I've played, especially when it comes to enemy behaviors.
Dec 10, 2013 10:53 AM

Nov 2013
^Bump
Dec 10, 2013 2:56 PM

Dec 2013
I played it for roughly two or three hours and haven't touched it since, and it's not even that I thought it was bad it's just that I literally had no intention of touching it again, I almost forgot I had it until I saw this thread to be honest.

I remember thinking it felt like Dark Souls if that game wasn't as good or didn't enjoy crushing my balls.
Dec 11, 2013 2:12 AM

May 2012
It gets pretty easy after you pass those first few bandits and etc..
I recommend the Warrior to anyone starting off, then MAYBE switch over to the Magick Archer once you've gotten to the point where you can switch vocations.

Was pretty fun, and the philosophy it's influenced by is great. The only thing I felt that threw off some part of the game was...the opening theme with J-rock. The rest of the soundtrack of the game gave everything a fantasy game needed...but that opening still bugs me lol Don't get me wrong it wasn't all that bad. But yeah, I've got all vocations maxed, etc., but I haven't touched the game in roughly half a year. Maybe I will again sometime soon...just so I can actually choose someone to be my Arisen's love interest lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » thoughts on frame generation like fsr 3 and dlss 3?

deg - Yesterday

1 by whitebeartigtig »»
40 minutes ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

33 by whitebeartigtig »»
45 minutes ago

» your video game waifu or husbando

deg - May 7

12 by Tropisch »»
1 hour ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

67 by Tropisch »»
1 hour ago

» What was the very first video game you ever played? As well your first game console?

Kazeninjaryu1 - May 5

24 by cody »»
Yesterday, 7:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.