Forum Settings
Forums

Anime 'Strike Witches' to Get New TV Series and OVA

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 14, 2013 6:30 AM

Sep 2012
GREW said:
Still, those are kids.
But they are NOT lolis, right? We are not talking about whether they are kids or not but whether anime always gets a boost out of having lolis (or naked lolis, in your words), so please don't stray from the original point you were making. Whether those are kids has absolutely nothing to do with that loli point you made. You are just trying to run away from the subject you originally raised.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 14, 2013 8:19 AM

Nov 2010
Good news, I think it's time for me to catch up. I only have watched the first season so far and I did that as it was airing.
Oct 14, 2013 9:01 AM

Oct 2007
Time for the most badass PLOT lover in anime history? Oh yeah!

http://i.minus.com/iA9rOruzXBtDz.gif

To be honest, I was expecting this announcement sooner, after all it was already hinted at the end of movie which aired quite some time ago.
Oct 14, 2013 9:17 AM

Sep 2012
Progeusz said:
To be honest, I was expecting this announcement sooner, after all it was already hinted at the end of movie which aired quite some time ago.
The way they announced the news seems to point to focus outside 501. Now I wonder where this would link to the end of the movie where the focus was how 501's Yoshika got her power back.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 14, 2013 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
Progeusz said:
The way they announced the news seems to point to focus outside 501. Now I wonder where this would link to the end of the movie where the focus was how 501's Yoshika got her power back.

I think it was mentioned somewhere that it won't actually be a third season, but a new series. That would make a lot of sense if will be about another JFW.

It seems they will finish the story of the 501st with the OVA('s?).

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Oct 14, 2013 10:43 AM

Jan 2008
symbv said:
GREW said:
Still, those are kids.
But they are NOT lolis, right? We are not talking about whether they are kids or not but whether anime always gets a boost out of having lolis (or naked lolis, in your words), so please don't stray from the original point you were making. Whether those are kids has absolutely nothing to do with that loli point you made. You are just trying to run away from the subject you originally raised.

But those aren't those 'most of them are 20' as well. ^^

Ah whatever. Getting tired of this. Have fun if you enjoy it.
Oct 14, 2013 12:33 PM

Oct 2007
symbv said:
Most of SW fans should very happy then because as far as I know their main gripe about S2 was lack of attention for other groups, too much focus on Yoshika and her friend. Maybe it will be shown from perspective of Karlsland's witches and 501 will simply help them?
Personally, as an anime-only fan I would gladly welcome another season about Yoshika but if it isn't likely, I guess it's time to become acquainted with members of other JFWs and read the manga.
Oct 14, 2013 9:18 PM

Sep 2012
rederoin said:
I think it was mentioned somewhere that it won't actually be a third season, but a new series. That would make a lot of sense if will be about another JFW.
The tweet that mentioned that was not from any staff related to Strike Witches but an active fan tweeting from the Machi Asobi anime festival, but since it was retweeted by Suzuki Takaaki, who is involved heavily in Strike Witches project (mainly on military research and writing novels), so I took this as legitimate news, which is why I already changed the news title and the post to reflect that yesterday.

GREW said:
But those aren't those 'most of them are 20' as well. ^^
Still it does not link at all to your original point about loli's, and I never mentioned anything about characters being 20 in anime. You raised that point to run away from what you asserted about loli's in anime. You created a strawman to hit on so as to distract attention, that's it. Anyway, I guess there is no way you can maintain your loli argument so let's just leave it here.
symbvOct 14, 2013 11:21 PM

Oct 14, 2013 9:44 PM

Jan 2012
When is it getting added to MAL?

I want to put it on my PTW ASAP.
Oct 14, 2013 11:11 PM

Aug 2012
"He then teased that what comes after land, sea, and air might be the marines" - ANN

That might be pretty awesome... But I still want a 3rd season tho when they felt the movie so open like that :P
Oct 15, 2013 12:07 AM

Dec 2010
Eh, probably it will be really the african witches since is not a third season but an entirely new anime based on different characters.
Oct 15, 2013 3:49 AM
Aug 2012
I knew it would get a third season, it was obvious that it would have a third season from the movies ending, t was just a matter of time it would get it ^^ really looking foward to it!
Oct 15, 2013 4:22 AM

Nov 2011
Liph said:
"He then teased that what comes after land, sea, and air might be the marines" - ANN

That might be pretty awesome... But I still want a 3rd season tho when they felt the movie so open like that :P

ANN just added this

Update: Suzuki added on Monday that his marines comment was in reply to another comment unrelated to Strike Witches.

So the marines have nothing to do with this.

Oct 15, 2013 4:27 AM

Sep 2012
rederoin said:
ANN just added this

Update: Suzuki added on Monday that his marines comment was in reply to another comment unrelated to Strike Witches.
When people said that Suzuki was saying marines will feature in the next Strike Witches, it really got me scratching my head because in SW there is only air, so a new SW should also feature airborne witches. So it is finally confirmed that the comment has nothing to do with SW, which is a relief, and I believe he might be commenting about what new anime may come after GirlPan and Aoki Hagane (not to say KanColle) and of course Strike Witches, not SW itself.

Oct 15, 2013 4:31 AM
Jan 2013
symbv said:
rederoin said:
ANN just added this

When people said that Suzuki was saying marines will feature in the next Strike Witches, it really got me scratching my head because in SW there is only air, so a new SW should also feature airborne witches. So it is finally confirmed that the comment has nothing to do with SW, which is a relief, and I believe he might be commenting about what new anime may come after GirlPan and Aoki Hagane (not to say KanColle) and of course Strike Witches, not SW itself.

just read it to its not a 3rd strike witch but like a whoe new one so kinda like a side story i guess
Oct 15, 2013 4:34 AM

Sep 2012
silkie said:
just read it to its not a 3rd strike witch but like a whoe new one so kinda like a side story i guess
Not sure if it would be indeed a "side story" because to me the other wings like 504 or 506 are just as important and as much on the frontline as Wing 501. Perhaps we can call it a shift of theater? Since the SW universe has growth so big with so many characters, I think it is high time other wings now took the stage and had the limelight. Perhaps some characters from 501 could make cameo in this new anime though (just like characters from other wings made cameos in previous seasons of Strike Witches anime).

Oct 15, 2013 4:37 AM
Jan 2013
symbv said:
silkie said:
Not sure if it would be indeed a "side story" because to me the other wings like 504 or 506 are just as important and as much on the frontline as Wing 501. Perhaps we can call it a shift of theater? Since the SW universe has growth so big with so many characters, I think it is high time other wings now took the stage and had the limelight. Perhaps some characters from 501 could make cameo in this new anime though (just like characters from other wings made cameos in previous seasons of Strike Witches anime).

guess that makes since there just shifting the mains point of veiw
Oct 15, 2013 4:40 AM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
silkie said:

Í always wondered what happened to the 507th after the novels(set in 1439).

I still have hope the new series will set in 1943/44~ and be about the 507st(they are based in Finland/Suomus afterall).

Oct 15, 2013 6:52 AM

Aug 2012
symbv said:
rederoin said:
ANN just added this

When people said that Suzuki was saying marines will feature in the next Strike Witches, it really got me scratching my head because in SW there is only air.

Not really, armored infantry could exist within the universe

http://strikewitches.wikia.com/wiki/Aurora_E._Juutilainen

The wiki doesn't say if "tank" strikers exist or not tho.
RabbiacOct 15, 2013 7:00 AM
Oct 15, 2013 6:59 AM

Sep 2012
^ Now I remember the African Witches manga I read, there are some land-based witches there too IIRC.

Oct 15, 2013 7:02 AM

Aug 2012
Sometime they are forced to retake a statement to avoid spoilers, so I don't see the marine part as out of the pic yet ;)
Oct 15, 2013 7:04 AM

Sep 2012
Liph said:
Sometime they are forced to retake a statement to avoid spoilers, so I don't see the marin part as out of the pic yet ;)
Well, still I am not sure because if the marines comment is indeed about the new SW anime, then where are the sea-based witches? Besides, even the land-based witches have not made appearance in any anime, so the statement "after air, land and sea" is not really meaningful in the context of anime...

Oct 15, 2013 7:12 AM

Aug 2012
Speculating won't do us any good, we'll see later I guess... I won't mind either one, just I get more SW I'm good ^_^
Oct 15, 2013 7:16 AM

Jul 2010
That movie was ridiculous. I don't mind this getting a new season but when will my favorites get one? Why Japan why. o(╥﹏╥)o
Oct 15, 2013 11:57 AM

Jan 2012
I really want to see more of the girls of the 501st.
I don't mind them showing the others too, but it'd be great if they spend at least half their time continuing the story of my favourite loli team.
The movie set it up perfectly. It'd be a disappointment if they don't give us more.
Oct 15, 2013 1:07 PM

Jan 2011
I remember when I first was thinking of watching Strike Witches...I was like wtf am I doing this will end up being trash. I was wrong. While (for me) the first season is still the best and it has slowly degraded since then, I am excited to get more from the 501. Really is a charming show with tons of pantsu.
Oct 15, 2013 3:14 PM

Jun 2008
Looks like it's a spin-off or something....fuck this shit!
Oct 15, 2013 3:25 PM

Nov 2011
JustALEX said:
Looks like it's a spin-off or something....fuck this shit!

Its not.

Oct 20, 2013 5:40 AM

May 2012
My day has literally been made, and its only 7:40 :p
Oct 20, 2013 5:41 AM

Jul 2008
I didn't see this coming :D
Oct 20, 2013 5:54 AM

Oct 2009
Anyway, we need more flying pantsu!
Not enough quality pantyshot these days.

Strike witches crew:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110502014314/strikewitches/images/5/5b/Witchery_Chart.jpg
azzuReOct 20, 2013 5:58 AM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Nov 7, 2013 1:42 AM

Dec 2012
"A third television anime season, along with another OVA, titled Operation Vivid Arrow, has been announced.[12] According to writer Takaaki Suzuki, these will not be a continuation of the previous two seasons but will instead be a new series"

NOT A CONTINUATION?!
Please animelords tell me this is not true.
I WANT MORE SANYA >:'(
Nov 7, 2013 2:12 AM

Sep 2012
Ourka said:

Sanya can always appears in some guest role ;-)

Nov 7, 2013 6:04 AM

Nov 2011
Ourka said:
"A third television anime season, along with another OVA, titled Operation Vivid Arrow, has been announced.[12] According to writer Takaaki Suzuki, these will not be a continuation of the previous two seasons but will instead be a new series"

NOT A CONTINUATION?!
Please animelords tell me this is not true.

She will be in the OVA.

Nov 7, 2013 6:40 PM

Aug 2011
I got to ep 5 in S1 then stopped..... now I KINDA wanna go on but I just can't stand it.
Nov 7, 2013 7:45 PM

Jan 2012
NihonFalcom said:
I got to ep 5 in S1 then stopped..... now I KINDA wanna go on but I just can't stand it.
What a pity...

It's such a brilliant show that just keeps getting better and better.
(Up until the movie, that is... so far - I can't say anything about what is to come... yet.)
Nov 8, 2013 12:50 AM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
Ourka said:

Sanya can always appears in some guest role ;-)

Thats true, but I kind of want to see the 501st all together, keep building those characters!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 1 hour ago

4 by nec0_0 »»
54 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

7 by malvarez1 »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
4 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.