Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 29, 2013 7:21 PM

Jun 2013
I think this is my first time posting here. I am also new to the forums here and am confused with the rules a little. So forgive me for something you may not like or is against the rules. It wasn't intentional.

I would appreciate some help with a story. I am writing a story on deviantart. It is mostly comedy, and of the parody type, and it involves my character that I created (he was originally a character I made for a Dragon Bal Z comedic fan comic) and he lives in a universe that encompasses as many Anime, Video Games, American Comics, and Manga as I can put into it.

His name is Kai and he is a Saiyan who, in the universe I put him into, was gene spliced with Kryptonian dna and raised by Marvel's Odin thus making him an adopted god like Loki. He gets most of his powers sealed early on making him about as strong as Captain America. That's all I feel like telling right now.

I intend to have a chapter where he gets put into an unwanted arranged marriage. I am having trouble creating a character to put as the chosen female partner. So I need to know of any female character you might suggest for this part if in the end I can't create one. So please be kind and try to help. Keep in mind that any suggestion you give will be taken into consideration. And this story is meant to be a parody type of comedy.

I do not ask for rudeness so please don't give it.
The devils baking a damn barbeque out here. Imma shit on the baked chicken.
Sep 29, 2013 7:30 PM

Aug 2012
First off,

Hi and welcome to MAL!
Please be civil and enjoy your stay~

Normally this would go under the Creative Corner, but everyone there is useless (implying casual discussion isn't), so good job posting here.

As for female character, do you mean like an existing female character? Or one that we make up on the spot? Are you having trouble creating a personality for the character, or just visualizing her?

If you're looking for a cheap throw-away female character, you should consider looking into yanderes. No offense to other people out there, but they're most often the shallowest characters (their entire personality is based on a single trope), so don't take much effort to develop and flesh out.

As of this post all 4 latest posts in CD are by me. Awesome.
Sep 29, 2013 7:39 PM

Jun 2013
MellowJello said:
First off,

Hi and welcome to MAL!
Please be civil and enjoy your stay~

Normally this would go under the Creative Corner, but everyone there is useless (implying casual discussion isn't), so good job posting here.

As for female character, do you mean like an existing female character? Or one that we make up on the spot? Are you having trouble creating a personality for the character, or just visualizing her?

If you're looking for a cheap throw-away female character, you should consider looking into yanderes. No offense to other people out there, but they're most often the shallowest characters (their entire personality is based on a single trope), so don't take much effort to develop and flesh out.

As of this post all 4 latest posts in CD are by me. Awesome.

It's nice to be here.

I'm having trouble visualizing and creating a personality. So in the end If I can't make one I need to know of an existing female character.

In my story, in order to compensate for the loss of his powers he gets trained by Bruce Wayne to be the new Batman. And Bruce in my story is as old as he was in the Dark Knight Returns and was at one point my characters guardian and thus wanted him to be the new Batman but Kai was too non human to be ready. But when he loses his powers he becomes more to Bruce's liking. So if I were to put a yandere I would make her a villain and wouldn't really consider her as a viable choice in my personal taste.
TheKaiserKnightSep 29, 2013 7:43 PM
Sep 29, 2013 9:19 PM

Dec 2009
ZombieGodKai said:
a universe that encompasses as many Anime, Video Games, American Comics, and Manga as I can put into it.

This has never, ever been done well. It never will be. You will not be the exception.

Maybe try something other than cutting out elements of other people's work and making a collage with them.
Sep 29, 2013 9:29 PM

Jun 2013
Aggra-Mournstar said:
ZombieGodKai said:
a universe that encompasses as many Anime, Video Games, American Comics, and Manga as I can put into it.

This has never, ever been done well. It never will be. You will not be the exception.

Maybe try something other than cutting out elements of other people's work and making a collage with them.
Aggra-Mournstar said:
ZombieGodKai said:

That's not your choice to make. Nor is one always made with the intention to be a huge success.

If you want to be an ass trying to force your opinions on crossovers down peoples throat do it somewhere else.
Sep 29, 2013 9:36 PM
Jul 2013
Dude! You're messing with the Aggra-Mournstar, the God of MAL.net. He has total control over everyone's stories that he gon run this town tonight.
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
Sep 29, 2013 9:44 PM

Oct 2009
http://www.soulcraft.co/essays/the_12_common_archetypes.html

I'd say pick The Ruler or The Sage archetype.
Either make it dominating or wisecrack character.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 29, 2013 9:45 PM

Jun 2013
Rinshansan said:
Dude! You're messing with the Aggra-Mournstar, the God of MAL.net. He has total control over everyone's stories that he gon run this town tonight.

I ain't gonna be nobodies bitch. I killed and ate Popo for breakfast. And my story is on Deviantart in case you failed to read my original post. So it doesn't matter what power he has in this site.
Sep 29, 2013 9:47 PM

Jun 2013
azzuRe said:
http://www.soulcraft.co/essays/the_12_common_archetypes.html

I'd say pick The Ruler or The Sage archetype.
Either make it dominating or wisecrack character.

I've been looking on other sites for good character types. So I would prefer telling me on what good female characters there are for this. But I appreciate the suggestion.
Sep 29, 2013 10:01 PM

Aug 2012
ZombieGodKai said:
MellowJello said:
It's nice to be here.

I'm having trouble visualizing and creating a personality. So in the end If I can't make one I need to know of an existing female character.

In my story, in order to compensate for the loss of his powers he gets trained by Bruce Wayne to be the new Batman. And Bruce in my story is as old as he was in the Dark Knight Returns and was at one point my characters guardian and thus wanted him to be the new Batman but Kai was too non human to be ready. But when he loses his powers he becomes more to Bruce's liking. So if I were to put a yandere I would make her a villain and wouldn't really consider her as a viable choice in my personal taste.
Well, I'm already quickly losing track of what you want to do with your story, so unfortunately I can't help you too much with making a new character.

As for taking an existing one, you're still gonna have to clarify with this. Because say, for example, you wanted to use a tsundere (I'm using Japanese archetypes because lolweeaboo and I can't think of anything else at the moment) character. There's both hate-able ones (Louise Valliere) and lovable (Makise Kurisu) ones. So, just because it's an "unwanted marriage" doesn't mean you're forced to write the character in a direction you're not comfortable with.

Anyway.

This all just helps to narrow and refine what it is you want in your character. You might not know what exactly it is you can pin down, but small details help focus on what you do/do not want in them.
Sep 29, 2013 10:08 PM

Jun 2013
MellowJello said:
ZombieGodKai said:
MellowJello said:
It's nice to be here.

Well, I'm already quickly losing track of what you want to do with your story, so unfortunately I can't help you too much with making a new character.

As for taking an existing one, you're still gonna have to clarify with this. Because say, for example, you wanted to use a tsundere (I'm using Japanese archetypes because lolweeaboo and I can't think of anything else at the moment) character. There's both hate-able ones (Louise) and lovable (Kurisu) ones. So, just because it's an "unwanted marriage" doesn't mean you're forced to write the character in a direction you're not comfortable with.

Anyway.

This all just helps to narrow and refine what it is you want in your character. You might not know what exactly it is you can pin down, but small details help focus on what you do/do not want in them.

I am looking for any character who isn't a major bitch of a tsundere, and i am not looking for yandere's. Any other kind of character will do. I will try to work the story around that character.
Sep 29, 2013 10:26 PM

Dec 2009
ZombieGodKai said:
That's not your choice to make.

Indeed it's not. I didn't choose it. It's a fact. Grass is green, sky is blue, collage stories are inherently awful. I recommend trying to come up with something of your own instead of grabbing handfuls from other people.

ZombieGodKai said:
Nor is one always made with the intention to be a huge success.

There's more than a small patch of middle ground between 'sucks' and 'is a huge success'. But it's a DeviantArt thing, so on second thought, trying to raise the bar above ground level was admittedly unreasonable of me.

ZombieGodKai said:
If you want to be an ass trying to force your opinions on crossovers down peoples throat

Yeah, that didn't happen. At all.
If you're actually that hypersensitive, producing art (or anything) for public consumption is probably not something you're suited for.
Sep 29, 2013 10:51 PM

Jun 2013
ZombieGodKai said:
Aggra-Mournstar said:
ZombieGodKai said:

Indeed it's not. I didn't choose it. It's a fact. Grass is green, sky is blue, collage stories are inherently awful. I recommend trying to come up with something of your own instead of grabbing handfuls from other people.

ZombieGodKai said:

There's more than a small patch of middle ground between 'sucks' and 'is a huge success'. But it's a DeviantArt thing, so on second thought, trying to raise the bar above ground level was admittedly unreasonable of me.

ZombieGodKai said:
If you want to be an ass trying to force your opinions on crossovers down peoples throat

If you're actually that hypersensitive, producing art (or anything) for public consumption is probably not something you're suited for.
Aggra-Mournstar said:
ZombieGodKai said:

ZombieGodKai said:

ZombieGodKai said:

Aggra-Mournstar said:

Unless there is an actual law against it then it's not fact. Just an opinion.

I recommend not saying "make something of your own" as easily as that like it's easy to just shoot out ideas from your ass.

Aggra-Mournstar said:

Yeah, actually, that did happen.

I can make it for fun if i want to. People consuming it on Deviantart is a bonus.

So it still doesn't matter how much you would hate a crossover like that.
TheKaiserKnightSep 29, 2013 10:54 PM
Sep 29, 2013 11:15 PM

Jun 2008
That's easy. Here is one.

Since it's an arrange marriage then the girl is obviously from Odin world and from a noble family. She was born with the spirit of a thousand martial art legends inside her and can kick the shit out of super powered people since she can turn their power against them by using high martial art techniques. Her body isn't super-powerful by itself(although more powerful than any common human), just her knowledge that allows her to do things that can't be done with so little power.
The reason for marriage is the fear she inflicts and her unbalanced personality(she seems shy and timid but can go berserk, she can say very wise things and think very clever plans but act like an idiot and be very illogical). People hope she will mature and calm down after such marriage since she seems to like your main. If your main divorces her she'll go yandere on his ass.
She's small figured and thin with a eyes that always look on the ground and shadows of others and her hair is a mix of silver and yellow lines.
Sep 29, 2013 11:27 PM

Sep 2007
This "Kai" joins the Avnegers, Justice League, every other major heroic organization ever existed.

He then single handedly conquers the Phoenix, all nine tailed beasts and now commands their powers. All the while he is given the green power ring. With his kryptonian DNA, he becomes invincible due to absorbing the sun's energy for a prolonged period of time. Due to an unforeseen plot twist, he now has his ancestry also rooted in shinigami and quincy bloodlines, also exposed to hollows before he was born.

He mysteriously finds a small drill while defeating numerous titans all by himself. With his insurmountable willpower, his saiyan, chakra, lantern constructs, spiral power, and everything else inside him makes him the strongest being in all known multiverses.

All the heroic organizations deemed him unstable and must subdue him. He feels betrayed and becomes the mega super villainous of all villains.
Sep 29, 2013 11:28 PM

Dec 2009
ZombieGodKai said:
Yeah, actually, that did happen.

Nahhh.

ZombieGodKai said:
I can make it for fun if i want to.

Totally.

ZombieGodKai said:
So it still doesn't matter how much you would hate a crossover like that.

No, of course not, it never did.
Sep 29, 2013 11:38 PM

Jun 2013
Wasabi said:
This "Kai" joins the Avnegers, Justice League, every other major heroic organization ever existed.

He then single handedly conquers the Phoenix, all nine tailed beasts and now commands their powers. All the while he is given the green power ring. With his kryptonian DNA, he becomes invincible due to absorbing the sun's energy for a prolonged period of time. Due to an unforeseen plot twist, he now has his ancestry also rooted in shinigami and quincy bloodlines, also exposed to hollows before he was born.

He mysteriously finds a small drill while defeating numerous titans all by himself. With his insurmountable willpower, his saiyan, chakra, lantern constructs, spiral power, and everything else inside him makes him the strongest being in all known multiverses.

All the heroic organizations deemed him unstable and must subdue him. He feels betrayed and becomes the mega super villainous of all villains.

That is... Pretty cool but a little extreme. That kind of power is like what a character would receive in the very end of his story. But mine won't be a villain. He might meet an alternate reality version of himself who is a villain. But not himself.

But what about my question? Which character (If I can't make one in time before I write the story) would do well for the arranged marriage part.
Sep 29, 2013 11:43 PM

Jun 2013
Monad said:

Since it's an arrange marriage then the girl is obviously from Odin world and from a noble family. She was born with the spirit of a thousand martial art legends inside her and can kick the shit out of super powered people since she can turn their power against them by using high martial art techniques. Her body isn't super-powerful by itself(although more powerful than any common human), just her knowledge that allows her to do things that can't be done with so little power.
The reason for marriage is the fear she inflicts and her unbalanced personality(she seems shy and timid but can go berserk, she can say very wise things and think very clever plans but act like an idiot and be very illogical). People hope she will mature and calm down after such marriage since she seems to like your main. If your main divorces her she'll go yandere on his ass.
She's small figured and thin with a eyes that always look on the ground and shadows of others and her hair is a mix of silver and yellow lines.

My character may have lost his powers but he was trained to make up for it with being Crazy beyond crazy prepared. He was trained by Bats and he was trained for 8 years by people like Lady Shiva. He was trained in a Batman version of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. So he has no reason to fear her if he married someone like that.

You know any characters that aren't Yandere? And give me a name first. I can't tell who you are talking about with this. Nor what character type she is besides the yandere part.
Sep 29, 2013 11:45 PM

Sep 2007
ZombieGodKai said:
Wasabi said:

That is... Pretty cool but a little extreme. That kind of power is like what a character would receive in the very end of his story. But mine won't be a villain. He might meet an alternate reality version of himself who is a villain. But not himself.

But what about my question? Which character (If I can't make one in time before I write the story) would do well for the arranged marriage part.

Arranged marriage? Poppycock. He'll have a harem. With all the power going to his head, he will be too stupid to understand the women's advances towards him, even when they just blatantly suck his cock.

He will also meet his end when he finally encounters a forever young 10 year old boy, who challenges him. He is defeated when said boy throws a masterball at him.
Sep 29, 2013 11:51 PM

Jun 2013
Wasabi said:
ZombieGodKai said:
Wasabi said:

Arranged marriage? Poppycock. He'll have a harem. With all the power going to his head, he will be too stupid to understand the women's advances towards him, even when they just blatantly suck his cock.

He will also meet his end when he finally encounters a forever young 10 year old boy, who challenges him. He is defeated when said boy throws a masterball at him.

Nah. My character's not one of those guys. If he had a harem he wouldn't act like he didn't know why they were rubbing their chest against him. He may not act on lust but he won't be a dense protagonist.

Is a masterball everyone's ultimate solution? Ash won't be catching diddly squat until the writers let him win a league that matters.

Any suggestions to my question? Any A's to my Q?
TheKaiserKnightSep 30, 2013 12:11 AM
Sep 30, 2013 12:03 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread moved.
Sep 30, 2013 2:41 AM

Jun 2008
ZombieGodKai said:
Monad said:

My character may have lost his powers but he was trained to make up for it with being Crazy beyond crazy prepared. He was trained by Bats and he was trained for 8 years by people like Lady Shiva. He was trained in a Batman version of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. So he has no reason to fear her if he married someone like that.

You know any characters that aren't Yandere? And give me a name first. I can't tell who you are talking about with this. Nor what character type she is besides the yandere part.

She is not yandere normally. She is not overly jealous and obsessed with keeping others away from the guy nor does she feel like locking him in her basement. She will just handle a break-up quite badly.

Wtf kind of difference does a name make? I described an imaginative character and you want a name to understand who she is instead of her traits and personality? Are you messing with me? Give her whatever name you want. A name doesn't describe a character.
Sep 30, 2013 2:59 AM

Aug 2012
Monad said:
ZombieGodKai said:
Monad said:

She is not yandere normally. She is not overly jealous and obsessed with keeping others away from the guy nor does she feel like locking him in her basement. She will just handle a break-up quite badly.

Wtf kind of difference does a name make? I described an imaginative character and you want a name to understand who she is instead of her traits and personality? Are you messing with me? Give her whatever name you want. A name doesn't describe a character.
Well, he mentioned earlier that he'd prefer if the character already existed in an anime/manga/comic/whatever. Hence the name thing, because they'd have to had been invented already.
Sep 30, 2013 10:34 AM

Jun 2013
Monad said:
ZombieGodKai said:
Monad said:

I thought you were giving me a character that already existed. So I wanted a name. But that's an interesting description. I just don't like the Yandere part. At all. But intersting.

More topics from this board

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

7 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 5:56 PM

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

220 by 707supremacist »»
Yesterday, 5:42 PM

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

18 by 707supremacist »»
Yesterday, 5:29 PM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 12:25 PM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Apr 25, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.