Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 28, 2013 9:06 PM

May 2013
Trying to find a new anime specifically with a pretty badass Male mc. Also trying to find one where the mc disappears for a long time then comes back better than before?
Sep 28, 2013 9:14 PM
Jun 2012
hellsing ultimate
fate zero
phantom: requiem for the phantom
gungrave
black lagoon
Sep 28, 2013 9:24 PM

May 2013
drinkbeer said:
hellsing ultimate
fate zero
phantom: requiem for the phantom
gungrave
black lagoon
Forgetfulness said:
You could watch Darker than Black. Hei is really badass, except he disappears and comes back as a bum
(well he makes a comeback after he re-appears so he's pretty good at the very end)

Fate/Zero has Kiritsugu, who's a great character. He softens up for a bit but also has a comeback. He doesn't exactly disappear though

I've seen the little plot intro for Darker Than Black, Gungrave, Phantom:Requiem, Black Lagoon, and hellsing, but none of them really piked my interest from that. Is there anything really relating to what I asked about that make it so I should check it out?

BTW, I don't really care if you spoil anything, it would give me something to look forward to.

@Higashi_no_Kaze, I have no idea what you are trying to point out to me. Other than the thread about mc's going bad.
Sep 28, 2013 9:30 PM

Oct 2012
New? Badass?

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012). It doesn't get more manly than a Victorian gentleman beating up vampires.
Sep 28, 2013 9:32 PM

Oct 2012
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom has great character development. The MC is forced to become an assassin, and becomes really BA. It's pretty sad, though. :(
Fate/Zero I would def recommend. Every single character in that series is awesome.
Psycho-Pass will be a good watch, too. The male MC is quite badass, the main antagonist is one of the most memorable villains ever, and the female MC grows a lot throughout the series.

And finally, Baccano! Everyone is the MC in this series, and everyone is fucking badass.
Sep 28, 2013 9:35 PM

May 2013
Forgetfulness said:
There's Sword of the Stranger. Nanashi is an excellent swordsman but some things that you should keep it mind are that:

-it's a movie
-the plot kinda sucks. The fights and characters are where it's at
-his "disappearance" happens long before the movie starts so they don't go into that in any detail

Yeah I saw that one around too. I think I'll check out the Fate series, another friend of mine loved it too. Thanks for that recommendation.

Ruiner87 said:
New? Badass?

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012). It doesn't get more manly than a Victorian gentleman beating up vampires.

I just looked up Jojo's BA, but sorry to say that I'm pretty anal about art quality. One from 1994, can't do it. =P
Sep 28, 2013 9:37 PM

May 2013
Kalypze said:
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom has great character development. The MC is forced to become an assassin, and becomes really BA. It's pretty sad, though. :(
Fate/Zero I would def recommend. Every single character in that series is awesome.
Psycho-Pass will be a good watch, too. The male MC is quite badass, the main antagonist is one of the most memorable villains ever, and the female MC grows a lot throughout the series.

And finally, Baccano! Everyone is the MC in this series, and everyone is fucking badass.

Thanks for the recommendation on Pyscho Pass, I've added that to my ptw, Phantom Requiem and Baccano! I'll keep in mind.
Sep 28, 2013 9:38 PM

Oct 2012
Nebarto said:

I just looked up Jojo's BA, but sorry to say that I'm pretty anal about art quality. One from 1994, can't do it. =P

http://myanimelist.net/anime/14719/JoJos_Bizarre_Adventure_(2012)
Sep 28, 2013 9:39 PM

May 2013
Kalypze said:
Nebarto said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/14719/JoJos_Bizarre_Adventure_(2012)

Wow, I feel really stupid right now... -_-
Sep 30, 2013 8:28 PM

May 2013
Anyone know of an anime where the main character is initially cold towards everyone, and warms up his emotions? Or maybe just plain ignorant of them, like Haruhi from Ouran Host club. Looking for romances like this.

Another one is where the main character is often underestimated, and looks weak, but is calm and collected. Also, if or when he gets mad, provoked, he turns OP, and considerably unbeatable. Any ones that fit?
Sep 30, 2013 8:59 PM

Oct 2012
For your first requirement, Hyouka maybe?
Sep 30, 2013 9:04 PM

Jul 2013
Nebarto said:
Anyone know of an anime where the main character is initially cold towards everyone, and warms up his emotions? Or maybe just plain ignorant of them, like Haruhi from Ouran Host club. Looking for romances like this.

Aquarion Evol (few of the side couples- especially the character Mix)

Nebarto said:
Another one is where the main character is often underestimated, and looks weak, but is calm and collected. Also, if or when he gets mad, provoked, he turns OP, and considerably unbeatable. Any ones that fit?

Air Gear (kind of an ADHD MC but when it comes time to fit better watch out for his killer stare and OP skills)
Busou Renkin
Kiba
Seiken no Blacksmith
Gintama
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2013 9:36 PM

Mar 2013
Nebarto said:
Trying to find a new anime specifically with a pretty badass Male mc. Also trying to find one where the mc disappears for a long time then comes back better than before?

Monogatari Series: Second Season
But watch Bakemono, Nisemeno and Nekomono: Kuro first. :)

Also, Mondaiji Tachi has a pretty badass main character as well (Godlike).
Sep 30, 2013 9:43 PM

May 2013
SubPyroFlow said:

I've seen Mondaji, loved the mc, As for Monogatari, I'm planning on it, been planning on it for a while xD just haven't gotten around to it.
Sep 30, 2013 9:45 PM

Mar 2013
Nebarto said:

I've seen Mondaji, loved the mc, As for Monogatari, I'm planning on it, been planning on it for a while xD just haven't gotten around to it.

I very much suggest it, however, it is not for everyone. I wrote a review for it, you can check it by going to my Profile and then Reviews (Bakemonogatari). I explain it nicely there just what it is like. :)

Also, Hataraku Maou-sama! is really fun to watch, and since our main character is a Demon Lord, well, yeah, he is strong overall. :)

Apr 2013
Baccano by far
an egomaniac and a fool

May 2013
SubPyroFlow said:
I very much suggest it, however, it is not for everyone. I wrote a review for it, you can check it by going to my Profile and then Reviews (Bakemonogatari). I explain it nicely there just what it is like. :)

Thanks
Sep 30, 2013 9:51 PM

May 2013
VioletRage said:

Should I watch the First season before, or can I just jump straight into it?

VioletRage said:
Air Gear (kind of an ADHD MC but when it comes time to fit better watch out for his killer stare and OP skills)
Busou Renkin
Kiba
Seiken no Blacksmith
Gintama

I've added Busou Renkin to my ptw watch list, thanks. As for Kiba, I'm not too sure about, Seiken no Blacksmith added, and Gintama, I read a little of the manga, it was a little abstract, could you elaborate on why it's good? I don't mind spoilers at all.
Sep 30, 2013 9:52 PM

Mar 2013
Oh, and of course... Hellsing Ultimate.
Watching that is the definition of a badass character. :P
Sep 30, 2013 9:52 PM

May 2013
Kalypze said:
For your first requirement, Hyouka maybe?

Hyouka, looks interesting, I'll watch a few episodes to test it out, Thanks.
Sep 30, 2013 9:53 PM

May 2013
SubPyroFlow said:

Should I watch the 10 OVA episode one or watch the series in order?
Sep 30, 2013 9:54 PM

Mar 2013
Nebarto said:
SubPyroFlow said:

Should I watch the 10 OVA episode one or watch the series in order?

Watch only the OVAs. Hellsing isn't that good, while Ultimate is the watch.
Sep 30, 2013 9:54 PM

May 2013
LevailRenn said:
Baccano by far

Baccano! I'm going to keep into consideration, another friend of mine recommended it as well.
Sep 30, 2013 9:55 PM

May 2013
SubPryoFlow said:
Watch only the OVAs. Hellsing isn't that good, while Ultimate is the watch.

Got it, Thanks. I was looking into the series earlier, and didn't feel an attraction to it, a short 10 OVA is probably worth checking out
Sep 30, 2013 9:56 PM

Oct 2012
I'm going to say, get started on Baccano! asap. I know I'm repeating myself, but I swear it lives up to the hype!
Sep 30, 2013 10:01 PM

Jul 2013
Nebarto said:
VioletRage said:

VioletRage said:
Busou Renkin
Kiba
Seiken no Blacksmith
Gintama

I've added Busou Renkin to my ptw watch list, thanks. As for Kiba, I'm not too sure about, Seiken no Blacksmith added, and Gintama, I read a little of the manga, it was a little abstract, could you elaborate on why it's good? I don't mind spoilers at all.

Ok, for Aquarion Evol you don't have to watch the prior season. You can if you want some background, but its really not necessary. They are mostly new characters and the references to the past are explained. The story itself is okay, but the design, graphics, and relationships are great and the main reason for watching.

I love Gintama for the humor and characters, but not everyone finds the same things funny. I am only on episode 26, but it is definitely one of my favorites already. So far and from what I hear from people, its a pretty episodic anime that is mainly a comedy/parody so it is like you say kinda "abstract." Give a couple episodes a try to see if you enjoy the comedy, and if you don't, ditch it :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2013 10:04 PM

May 2013
VioletRage said:
Nebarto said:
VioletRage said:

VioletRage said:
Busou Renkin
Kiba
Seiken no Blacksmith
Gintama

Ok, for Aquarion Evol you don't have to watch the prior season. You can if you want some background, but its really not necessary. They are mostly new characters and the references to the past are explained. The story itself is okay, but the design, graphics, and relationships are great and the main reason for watching.

I love Gintama for the humor and characters, but not everyone finds the same things funny. I am only on episode 26, but it is definitely one of my favorites already. So far and from what I hear from people, its a pretty episodic anime that is mainly a comedy/parody so it is like you say kinda "abstract." Give a couple episodes a try to see if you enjoy the comedy, and if you don't, ditch it :)

Okay thanks, Aquarion added, Gintama I'll check out
Sep 30, 2013 10:10 PM

Jul 2011
Hellsing is pretty much the definition of a bad ass main character.

Main character leaves and comes back stronger, do you mean something like dragon ball z. This is really hard to think of lol
Sep 30, 2013 10:13 PM

May 2013
Soken100 said:
Hellsing is pretty much the definition of a bad ass main character.

Main character leaves and comes back stronger, do you mean something like dragon ball z. This is really hard to think of lol

Hmm I guess referring to Dragonball Z, yes, when Goku dies during the Cell arc, comes back for the Strongest Under The Heavens Tournament during the Android Arc, (being dead and all) and can suddenly turn SS3
Sep 30, 2013 10:23 PM

Jul 2011
That happens in one piece, but it takes a long while before it happens.
I suppose it happens in Hunter x Hunter, a slightly main character comes back extremely strong. I really cant think of anything else
Sep 30, 2013 11:40 PM

May 2013
Soken100 said:
That happens in one piece, but it takes a long while before it happens.
I suppose it happens in Hunter x Hunter, a slightly main character comes back extremely strong. I really cant think of anything else

Already reading one piece, Hunter x Hunter never really appealed to me, thanks anyway.
Oct 1, 2013 6:48 PM

May 2013
Just gonna throw this out there, does the MC of Accel World ever stop being a fatass?
Oct 1, 2013 6:54 PM

Oct 2012
Nebarto said:
Just gonna throw this out there, does the MC of Accel World ever stop being a fatass?
A fatass? No. A pussy? Yes.
Oct 1, 2013 7:17 PM

Jun 2013
if i were u i'd just wait a few more days. Some new fall anime are coming out in the next week or so :P
Oct 1, 2013 8:01 PM

May 2013
Kalypze said:
Nebarto said:

Even worse, But I'm sure I see a short fatty on the cover...
Oct 1, 2013 8:01 PM

May 2013
koudez said:
if i were u i'd just wait a few more days. Some new fall anime are coming out in the next week or so :P

Yeah I'm counting on those.
Oct 1, 2013 8:03 PM

Oct 2012
Nebarto said:
Kalypze said:
Nebarto said:

No no, I meant that he does not stop being a fatass - he is the MC. He does, however, go from an obnoxious crybaby to a pretty decent MC.
Oct 1, 2013 8:12 PM

May 2013
Kalypze said:
Nebarto said:
Kalypze said:
Nebarto said:

No no, I meant that he does not stop being a fatass - he is the MC. He does, however, go from an obnoxious crybaby to a pretty decent MC.

Oh, well that's too bad.
Oct 1, 2013 9:21 PM

Oct 2012
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
Berserk
Hellsing: Ultimate
Samurai Champloo
Attack on Titan
Gungrave
Death Note
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Densetsu No Yuusha No Densetsu
BTBAMOct 1, 2013 9:28 PM

Oct 2, 2013 4:04 PM

May 2013
BTBAM said:
Berserk
Samurai Champloo
Attack on Titan
Gungrave
Death Note

I've seen DensetsuNYND, I've added Hellsing: Ultimate, I've read Death Note, I don't plan to watch it, I don't really like SNK(AOT), I've added PHantom:RFTP, Already looked up Gungrave, didn't really like the concept, same with Samurai Champloo and Berserk, IDK about Samurai X since it's so long. But thanks for all the recommendations.
Oct 2, 2013 4:22 PM

May 2013
Dragon Ball
Tuturu~
Oct 2, 2013 7:00 PM

Oct 2012
Nebarto said:
BTBAM said:
Berserk
Samurai Champloo
Attack on Titan
Gungrave
Death Note

I've seen DensetsuNYND, I've added Hellsing: Ultimate, I've read Death Note, I don't plan to watch it, I don't really like SNK(AOT), I've added PHantom:RFTP, Already looked up Gungrave, didn't really like the concept, same with Samurai Champloo and Berserk, IDK about Samurai X since it's so long. But thanks for all the recommendations.

You are mistaken. Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal is the 1h 30m prequel movie, and no you don't need to see the main series to understand it. It's rated #13 in the top anime and is usually within top 10 on most sites. You're referring to the 95 episode main series, which is still great, but far inferior to the movie.

p.s. Kenshin is the biggest badass there is.....after Sephiroth
BTBAMOct 2, 2013 7:04 PM

Oct 2, 2013 8:35 PM

May 2013
BTBAM said:
Nebarto said:
BTBAM said:
Berserk
Samurai Champloo
Attack on Titan
Gungrave
Death Note

You are mistaken. Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal is the 1h 30m prequel movie, and no you don't need to see the main series to understand it. It's rated #13 in the top anime and is usually within top 10 on most sites. You're referring to the 95 episode main series, which is still great, but far inferior to the movie.

p.s. Kenshin is the biggest badass there is.....after Sephiroth

Ah, I see, thanks, I'll check out the movie sometimes
Oct 3, 2013 5:37 PM

May 2013
This is kinda related to the cold character warming up thing; But do any of you know of anime that describes a person who (it doesn't have to be specifically like this example) where the main character is sent to another time and hast to adapt to society, or was secluded his entire life, and suddenly is reintegrated into society. For example anime such as Suisei no Gargantia, and Hataraku Maou Sama!
Oct 3, 2013 10:31 PM

May 2013
mandroid said:
Dragon Ball

Seen Dragon ball already thanks.
Oct 5, 2013 5:45 PM

May 2013
Nebarto said:
This is kinda related to the cold character warming up thing; But do any of you know of anime that describes a person who (it doesn't have to be specifically like this example) where the main character is sent to another time and hast to adapt to society, or was secluded his entire life, and suddenly is reintegrated into society. For example anime such as Suisei no Gargantia, and Hataraku Maou Sama!

Bumping this thread because I would like recommendations on the specifics listed above.
Oct 5, 2013 5:52 PM
Apr 2013
Nebarto said:
Nebarto said:

Bumping this thread because I would like recommendations on the specifics listed above.

Welcome to NHK.

I advise you to create another separate tread for this request since most of the members here dont read the whole tread except the opening post.
Oct 5, 2013 7:35 PM

Jul 2013
Nebarto said:

I was hoping you hadn't watched Montaiji-tachi for this one!

An excellent one that fits the secluded his whole life one is Katanagatari. He is one of the strongest people in that anime universe. This one is my personal favorite anime.
Oct 5, 2013 8:14 PM

May 2013
CityofOrphans said:
Nebarto said:

I was hoping you hadn't watched Montaiji-tachi for this one!

An excellent one that fits the secluded his whole life one is Katanagatari. He is one of the strongest people in that anime universe. This one is my personal favorite anime.

Thanks, I'll check that one out.
Oct 5, 2013 8:15 PM

May 2013
worldeditor11 said:
Nebarto said:
Nebarto said:

Thanks I'll check that one out as well. And thanks on the forum tip.
Welcome to NHK.

I advise you to create another separate tread for this request since most of the members here dont read the whole tread except the opening post.

More topics from this board

» Worst anime ever?

Weltman - Yesterday

5 by duchessliz87 »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for trash anime

Ashik01 - 9 hours ago

6 by duchessliz87 »»
3 hours ago

» Looking for hidden gems that will hook me in the first epsiode

Dragosama - Yesterday

3 by ST63LTH »»
4 hours ago

» Girls in striped stockings (black-pink pattren)

Nagi_Karman - 8 hours ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
6 hours ago

» Manga Recomendations

MrShroomzyy - Yesterday

5 by H_Castaigne »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.