Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 8, 2013 8:42 PM

Jul 2013
I'm looking for an anime or manga which has a main character who can read people's minds or control their actions. The character doesn't have to be the protagonist, but I'd prefer them to at least be a major character in the story. (Though if you feel there is a minor character who is really worth mentioning, go ahead.)

I'd prefer it to be by supernatural means, such as in Code Geass, Eternal Sabbath, or Night Head Genesis. Something of the psychological genre would also be good too, but isn't essential.

I would also like a serious story, but again, if there is a great comedy which you feel fits into the category, please don't hesitate to mention it.

All suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance! ^.^
LintanaSep 8, 2013 10:00 PM
Sep 8, 2013 8:48 PM

Jul 2013
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? (the character Asuka is who you are looking for/ one of the MCs)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2013 8:48 PM

Mar 2012
Supernatural the animation (this has a demon that can pretty much control other's)

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge (there's one or two people in here who can control people)

Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou (one can read other's or the future a little bit and they are up against a demon like creature who can control people)
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Sep 8, 2013 8:56 PM

Oct 2012
Kotoura-san - the lead girl can read people's minds. Comedy though, but it has some drama and some psycological stuff that is rather serious.
Sep 8, 2013 9:12 PM

Mar 2012
I totally forgot about this one!

Terra E... (this is one where there is mind control, characters (which are main and not main) that can read minds
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Sep 9, 2013 2:20 AM

Jul 2013
Thanks to everyone who replied! I'm probably going to take up "Terra e..." and "Mondaiji-tachi" first, simply because their MyAnimeList rankings are fairly high. :P "Kotoura-san" looks interesting too.

Still, I'll be sure to check out the other suggestions too. Thanks again! ^.^
Sep 9, 2013 2:45 AM

Feb 2013
kotoura-san +1
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Sep 12, 2013 12:06 AM

Jul 2013
VioletRage said:
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? (the character Asuka is who you are looking for/ one of the MCs)

I've watched the first episode, and so far, it doesn't really seem like my kind of thing, but I might watch more anyway (I don't think one episode isn't really enough to get a good feel of a series). I was just wondering, does Asuka get more focus later in the series? Also, are there any serious parts, or is it mainly comedy? Thanks. ^.^
Sep 12, 2013 12:32 AM

Jul 2013
Lintana said:
VioletRage said:

I've watched the first episode, and so far, it doesn't really seem like my kind of thing, but I might watch more anyway (I don't think one episode isn't really enough to get a good feel of a series). I was just wondering, does Asuka get more focus later in the series? Also, are there any serious parts, or is it mainly comedy? Thanks. ^.^

Yes to both. It all progresses (character development, seriousness, and plot). :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2013 1:28 AM

Jul 2013
VioletRage said:
Lintana said:
VioletRage said:

Yes to both. It all progresses (character development, seriousness, and plot). :)

Oh, that's good. Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it. I'll definitely watch more, then! ^.^
Aug 23, 2017 1:40 PM
Apr 2017
I have seen an anime where the main character can control people within a specific territory that he somehow creates don't really remember the name ;( trying to remember it to rewatch it xd
Aug 23, 2017 1:56 PM

Apr 2017
Otosaka yuu from charlotte control people

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Aug 23, 2017 7:24 PM
Nov 2015
BTW if you don't already know we can't see your anime list so we don't know what you watched
Stein's Gate is the worst anime of all time.
Aug 23, 2017 7:26 PM

Aug 2017
Mousou Telephaty. MC can read mind.
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Apr 29, 2020 9:00 AM
Jun 2019
Mao (Code Geass)
Seiya kanie (Amagi Brilliant Park)
Kotoura Haruka (Kotoura-san)
Yuu Otosaka (Charllote)

another..
Apr 29, 2020 9:52 AM
Dec 2018
U just described the Protagonist of Code Geass
Apr 29, 2020 3:06 PM
Apr 2020
xxalphaxcorexx said:
I have seen an anime where the main character can control people within a specific territory that he somehow creates don't really remember the name ;( trying to remember it to rewatch it xd

This has to be Big Order:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31904/Big_Order_TV
"Bend everything to my will, Order!"

More topics from this board

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - 6 hours ago

2 by luckyrune »»
24 minutes ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

9 by AnimeDownUnder »»
3 hours ago

» Anime male character not abused by female characters

EleganteX - Aug 15, 2015

22 by thorin001 »»
4 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

6 by thorin001 »»
4 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

19 by WillGuabs »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.