Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 22, 2013 6:23 PM
Jan 2013
Que music for this spectacular event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt9Ps5mo_Mo
Aug 22, 2013 6:25 PM

Jul 2008
ResistanceFM2 said:
Shangetsu said:

Kaminai got it's page changed to "SSJMaster vs. Xinil - A story of epic battles!", if you delete this entry then you will delete Kaminai from your list in the process and will have to add it again latter.

Basically every entry you delete will delete it's corresponding anime page when the hack will be fixed.

You won't get your account hacked because of it. DO NOT DELETE THE ENTRIES.

what happens if we delete an entry, then add it again from the page that got changed?

That is ok since it's the same page, the only thing that got changed are the elements composing it.
If you add an anime that have been changed to "SSJMaster vs. Xinil - A story of epic battles!" then once the problem is fixed you will have it's corresponding anime back into your list.
Still be sure that you are adding the one corresponding to the anime since they all hold the same name. The database picture haven't been changed so use that as a reference.

May 2012
Shangetsu said:
GreenBlockhead said:
Wait so we all get hacked if we don't delete the spam entries?

No, that is false.
Do not delete the entries in any case. These aren't spam entries, these are anime page that have been modified.

An exemple:
Kaminai got it's page changed to "SSJMaster vs. Xinil - A story of epic battles!", if you delete this entry then you will delete Kaminai from your list in the process and will have to add it again latter.

Basically every entry you delete will delete it's corresponding anime page when the hack will be fixed.

Ok, thanks. Hope the mods will fix this soon. :)
Badges: C.C.O / T.C.O / TFCC admin ID | Previously known as kazumi-san95
Jul 2013
His English upsets me more than his hacking.

May 2013
ResistanceFM2 said:
Shangetsu said:

what happens if we delete an entry, then add it again from the page that got changed?

Then nothing changes lol. Until MAL fixes it.

Aug 2013
All of this had to happen right after I just added a pile of anime. -_- I can't tell what's what now. Guess we'll all just have to wait it out.
Aug 22, 2013 6:26 PM

Jul 2008
IntroverTurtle said:
Hidden_Joker said:
Well damn it. I just read a ton of manga for the last few days not sure if I can remember all of em
Open up your history in a new tab, then you can easily click into them after he does it. The links will stay there if you don't refresh. And I don't know if he will go days back, probably just a day max(hopefully).

There shouldn't be a need to do a rollback. What he has to reload is the anime and manga databases, not the database that contains your personal actions (Basically adding an entry, deleting one, updating one, etc).
Aug 22, 2013 6:26 PM
Jan 2010
I'm really cautious about logging in, but the fact that this site is mostly intact after such a hacking means that the attacker may be just in it for teh lulz.

This shit should be done in a few days or so.
Aug 22, 2013 6:28 PM
Feb 2013
So hacker gets his original account banned, then proceeds to take down site. Is that right?
Aug 22, 2013 6:29 PM

Oct 2012
Welp, [img] doesn't work anymore.

Jul 2008
Black--Swordsman said:
Why can't my pop-up blocker or my anti-virus just show this when this phishing login comes up:

Because it is a basic prompt for your navigator.
Basically it use feature that your computer accept as being part of your internet navigator and can't differentiate the intention behind it.

Aug 2013
Shangetsu said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Hidden_Joker said:
Well damn it. I just read a ton of manga for the last few days not sure if I can remember all of em
Open up your history in a new tab, then you can easily click into them after he does it. The links will stay there if you don't refresh. And I don't know if he will go days back, probably just a day max(hopefully).

There shouldn't be a need to do a rollback. What he has to reload is the anime and manga databases, not the database that contains your personal actions (Basically adding an entry, deleting one, updating one, etc).
My account needs to be rolledback.
Lolis > Everything
Aug 22, 2013 6:31 PM

Jul 2008
IntroverTurtle said:
Shangetsu said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Hidden_Joker said:

Well some people(the ones who got hacked IIRC) said he added anime to their list, not just changed some.

Still it is something extreme to do a global rollback. Unless it touch the vast majority of MAL Xinil will probably not even think about doing it.
It's sad but those affected will very likely have to fix their list by themselves or ask for Xinil to restore their list to how it was before they got hacked with individual restoration.
Aug 22, 2013 6:32 PM

Aug 2012
As im pretty sure im not going to remember what i have watched recently im just going to take a screen cap of my list and fix it manually if there is a rollback. Most of my shows are intact

Aug 22, 2013 6:33 PM
Aug 2013
i have a problem. i never added this "ssjmaster vs xinil " so called anime with 9000 eps yet it appears on my anime list multiple times with different ratings and i cant seem to remove them.
Jan 2013
Theflamethrower said:
i have a problem. i never added this "ssjmaster vs xinil " so called anime with 9000 eps yet it appears on my anime list multiple times with different ratings and i cant seem to remove them.

He's changing random anime titles and reviews into his own. It's really funny.

Don't worry, just leave it. It will revert back to it's original soon.

Aug 2013
We will I be able to regain my 'about me'?

Will a rollback of some sort do that?

The hacker filled it with gore.
Lolis > Everything
Aug 22, 2013 6:34 PM

Jul 2008
Theflamethrower said:

Do not remove them.
These are anime page that got their information changed by the hacker. These aren't new entries that were added to your list but rather old entries that were modified.
Deleting them will result in deleting the entry, basically you will lose some title on your list when it'll be fixed.
Aug 22, 2013 6:35 PM

Sep 2012
Diranko said:

Just wait til Xinil fixes this problem first and then he should be able to help you.
Aug 22, 2013 6:35 PM

Jun 2012
Good thing I came here to check if something was wrong, before I did anything about those SSJ Master vs Xinil entries. I guessed someone just changed the name, so I didn't delete them or anything.

Basically, I don't touch anything, and I just wait for it to get fixed? Good luck, I hope it's not too hard to fix. I exported my list, just in case... xD
Aug 22, 2013 6:36 PM

Jul 2008
Diranko said:

It should be possible to return your 'about me' to it's original state as well.
Aug 22, 2013 6:37 PM

Jul 2008
Mladen said:

Basically, I don't touch anything, and I just wait for it to get fixed? Good luck, I hope it's not too hard to fix. I exported my list, just in case... xD

Yes, that's pretty much the best thing you can do.
Exporting your list might be a decent idea since who know what will happen to MAL's database until the issue is fixed.
Aug 22, 2013 6:38 PM

Aug 2013
He managed to obtain both mine and a mods' account without the details. What IF he gets hold of Xinil's?
Lolis > Everything
Aug 22, 2013 6:39 PM

Aug 2012
Can't even export..q.q
Am stuck on Mal with phone since I'm in the hospital...
Aug 22, 2013 6:40 PM

Aug 2012
my list is the same O_O

Aug 22, 2013 6:41 PM
Jul 2013
I want to go to sleep but these are some amazing lel's.

Sep 2012
Diranko said:
He managed to obtain both mine and a mods' account without the details. What IF he gets hold of Xinil's?

Xinil's account won't be hacked. Mod's account don't have any special protection, I assume. So that's why he was able to take hold of a mods.
Mar 2013
Diranko said:

You must have accidentally clicked a pop-up at some point. If he could have hacked anyone's account without details, he probably would have got Xinil's before anybody else's
Aug 22, 2013 6:42 PM

Jul 2008
Diranko said:

It won't matter.
Xinil's account on MAL does not have much more power than a 'do everything' mod. He shouldn't be using MAL to access the configuration of important stuff but another site in parallel with a different access and password.
Xinil's account on MAL could get hacked all days, the power is still in his hand.

Jun 2007
Diranko said:

Xinil is the admin of the site, not the owner after he sold it so he'd just contact Crave and they'd - no doubt after installing more facebook buttons and ignoring the site for another 8 months - fix it.

Jan 2010
So basically just don't do anything and wait for people to get it fixed? I hope that this is able to be resolved soon and such...everyone's doing their best so let's hope for the same...
Feb 2010
Ok so I exported my list. Does keep all my stuff from my list? Specifically, start and finish dates and my tags?

Also do we need to change our passwords or are they fine as is?

Aug 2013
JD2411 said:
Diranko said:

You must have accidentally clicked a pop-up at some point. If he could have hacked anyone's account without details, he probably would have got Xinil's before anybody else's
But that would mean Suzune did the same thing, and they weren't even online.
Lolis > Everything
Aug 22, 2013 6:43 PM

Jun 2007
Wolf-man said:
Ok so I exported my list. Does keep all my stuff from my list? Specifically, start and finish dates and my tags?

It's typically a bad idea to change passwords while someone is messing with a website. You usually wait till it's all clear.
Aug 22, 2013 6:44 PM

Jul 2008
Selphie- said:
So basically just don't do anything and wait for people to get it fixed? I hope that this is able to be resolved soon and such...everyone's doing their best so let's hope for the same...

Yes

Wolf-man said:

Password are fine as it is, if you haven't been hacked yet then it means you haven't been fished yet.
Usually when you get fished, your account get hacked immediately by a bot, you won't even have time to change password.
Just be careful not to click on suspicious stuff.
Aug 22, 2013 6:45 PM

Jan 2010
TallonKarrde23 said:
Wolf-man said:

It's typically a bad idea to change passwords while someone is messing with a website. You usually wait till it's all clear.

Oh it is? I actually...changed mine I hope nothing bad happens uh...

Jun 2007
Selphie- said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Wolf-man said:

I doubt it matters, this isn't some legit hacker or cracker or anything. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Sep 2010
i guess, hacker actually stolen password of someone who have access to editing database - and only that. So all he can do - is to change anime database entries, nothing more.

If you didn't typed anything in popup password requests, you're safe.

just don't edit your list until it will be fixed.
Aug 22, 2013 6:46 PM

Jul 2008
TallonKarrde23 said:
Selphie- said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Wolf-man said:

I doubt it matters, this isn't some legit hacker or cracker or anything. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Changing password is neither a good or a bad idea in this case, it is simply useless. Your account isn't being cracked, the hacker use fishing methods to hack people.

Jan 2010
TallonKarrde23 said:
Selphie- said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Wolf-man said:

Oh ok thank you.

Aug 2013
Sanya_Zol said:
Lies, all of it.
Lolis > Everything
Aug 22, 2013 6:47 PM

Aug 2012
Dunno where to report this but something happened to Ro-Kyu-Bu SS O.O
http://myanimelist.net/anime/16051/SSJMaster_vs._Xinil_-_A_story_of_epic_battles!
It apparently has a name change and will have 9000 episodes

Jan 2009
This is the worst Christmas ever. :<
We're the same. Nuisances with nowhere to go.

Sep 2012
Diranko said:
Sanya_Zol said:
Lies, all of it.

Can you stop trying to spread fear?

Aug 2013
How did this effect me? I recently made an account and didn't click anything suspicious, yet the same thing happened to me.
Aug 22, 2013 6:48 PM

Aug 2013
Raito said:
Diranko said:
Sanya_Zol said:
Lies, all of it.

It should be feared. My account was wiped completely at some point, but luckily, it came back from the dead.
Lolis > Everything

Dec 2011
what an idiot.. it's probably some child who was not loved by his parents..

get him and kill him.. :p

Aug 2012
He
Raito said:
Diranko said:
Sanya_Zol said:
Lies, all of it.

He's just being an impatient paranoid kid. Ignore him we all tried to give him help

Jul 2008
Diranko said:
Sanya_Zol said:
Lies, all of it.

Be careful about what you are clicking on.
Some program can be easily installed on the computer of someone who isn't careful. If you haven't entered your information somewhere suspicious then maybe you were had by a keylogger.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

214 by Veredus »»
2 hours ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by Jeniferu4edy »»
11 hours ago

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime đź—» ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.