Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 9, 2013 4:18 PM

Aug 2013
Sooo, im currently waiting for wildstar to get released which i think will be an awesome MMORPG, but i really wanna play a multiplayer game meanwhile im waiting. Can anyone recommend any free, good multiplayer game? I really dont want it to be too much of an overpowered cash shop, and shouldnt affect the game and the newbies too much. If you have any good games u wanna share just comment it below! :D

Games i have / ive tried:
TERA
Dragon Nest
Dragon's Prophet
Allods
Team Fortress 2
Path of Exile
Diablo 2
Elsword
Smite
League of Legends
ThirdCloudAug 10, 2013 9:10 AM
Aug 9, 2013 4:29 PM
May 2013
Does it have to be MMORPG or can it just be any F2P that has PvP and paying for things does not effect gameplay?
Aug 9, 2013 4:30 PM

Aug 2013
Well yah go for it! maybe i should change the title. it doesnt have to be mmorpg actually. aslong as its amusing and can last a while! ^^
Aug 9, 2013 4:32 PM

Jan 2012
It's not free to play but I would advise Guild Wars 2. It's pretty much the best theme park MMO on the market at the moment IMO. I have really gone off the genre in general atm. Other than EvE online I can't see myself going back until someone else does something different finally. I have some hope with the next gen coming soon, give me some innovation!
Aug 9, 2013 4:34 PM
May 2013
Just A Few:
League of Legends
Team Fortress 2
Tera
Path of Exile
Dota 2(Hope your good)
Planet Side 2
WarFrame
Aug 9, 2013 4:34 PM

Aug 2013
ReasonDesu said:
It's not free to play but I would advise Guild Wars 2. It's pretty much the best theme park MMO on the market at the moment IMO. I have really gone off the genre in general atm. Other than EvE online I can't see myself going back until someone else does something different finally. I have some hope with the next gen coming soon, give me some innovation!

right. ive trieguild wars 2 at my friends for like 1 hour or so... honestly i didnt like it that much. and the fact that questing isnt there is kinda annoying actually :/ eve online is monthly fee right? if it isnt i might try that out :P
ThirdCloudAug 9, 2013 4:44 PM
Aug 9, 2013 4:39 PM

Jan 2012
Unfortunately yeah EvE has a subscription model. They do run their server off a supercomputer though and it's one of the most innovative games I've played. Once you get established (i.e played a month or 2) you can afford to buy your game time with in game currency if you want to. It's not really possible strait from the start though you will have to work for it.
Aug 9, 2013 4:42 PM

Aug 2013
BlindSamurai said:
Just A Few:
League of Legends
Team Fortress 2
Tera
Path of Exile
Dota 2(Hope your good)
Planet Side 2
WarFrame

planetside looks very fun! :D i might try it out.
Aug 9, 2013 4:43 PM

Aug 2013
ReasonDesu said:
Unfortunately yeah EvE has a subscription model. They do run their server off a supercomputer though and it's one of the most innovative games I've played. Once you get established (i.e played a month or 2) you can afford to buy your game time with in game currency if you want to. It's not really possible strait from the start though you will have to work for it.

thats kinda cool actually. the sci-fi looks cool and its verrryyyy awesome that u have a spaceship. thanks! =]
Aug 9, 2013 7:30 PM

Aug 2013
+1 to League of Legends. if you liked Smite then you'll probably like this.

Not aware of any really good free MMO games.

For an FPS try Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch (Don't know how to link, Google it. Sorry.)
It's an FPS based off of the classic NES Mega Man games, built as a mod of Doom II. For multiplayer, it might be a bit hard to set up though.
(Now's the part where you argue with my opinion.)
Aug 9, 2013 11:27 PM

Dec 2012
You ask, I respond with no.
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Aug 9, 2013 11:28 PM

Oct 2012
+1 to League of Legends as well. Although it definitely takes some time to reach level 30 and own 16 champs, when the game actually starts to become fun.
Aug 10, 2013 4:33 AM

Dec 2012
Canon_Wielder said:

There is tibia... It's still good... It is...

Aug 10, 2013 5:41 AM

Mar 2013
Runescape
Aug 10, 2013 9:10 AM

Aug 2013
Canon_Wielder said:
+1 to League of Legends. if you liked Smite then you'll probably like this.

For an FPS try Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch (Don't know how to link, Google it. Sorry.)
It's an FPS based off of the classic NES Mega Man games, built as a mod of Doom II. For multiplayer, it might be a bit hard to set up though.
sorry forgot to add LoL to the list. i already have a level 30 with almost all champs on euw haha ^^ megaman deathmatch is soooo much fun just tried it out haha :D thanks !!!
Aug 10, 2013 9:11 AM

Aug 2013
MCsq2 said:
+1 to League of Legends as well. Although it definitely takes some time to reach level 30 and own 16 champs, when the game actually starts to become fun.
Forgot to add league to the list :/ already have a lvl 30 with almost all champs on euw. but thanks anyways ^^
Aug 10, 2013 9:28 AM

Oct 2012
Sakana-san said:
Runescape

As a former player myself, I would not recommend this.

It's free, but you need to pay to even have fun in this game. Also the many changes that this game has experienced has turned for the worse. Just avoid this game at all costs now.
Aug 10, 2013 10:17 AM

Aug 2012
MCsq2 said:
Sakana-san said:
Runescape

It's free, but you need to pay to even have fun in this game. Also the many changes that this game has experienced has turned for the worse. Just avoid this game at all costs now.

If it was 2007, it would be another story. Runescape is in my opinion the best MMORPG ever created. It has a surprisingly good immersion on the game. The game makes you jump, on the real life, because it is so much emotion and accomplishment. Cutting trees for like one entire month, just for at the end being able to buy a damn epic weapon is not for everyone.

But evil jagex ruined the game COMPLETELY.
Aug 10, 2013 5:34 PM

Jan 2013
you can try
Blacklight2
warframe
Aug 10, 2013 5:37 PM

Jan 2013
lupadim said:
MCsq2 said:
Sakana-san said:
Runescape

If it was 2007, it would be another story. Runescape is in my opinion the best MMORPG ever created. It has a surprisingly good immersion on the game. The game makes you jump, on the real life, because it is so much emotion and accomplishment. Cutting trees for like one entire month, just for at the end being able to buy a damn epic weapon is not for everyone.

i wish rs 07 is f2p
Aug 10, 2013 5:42 PM

Mar 2012
lupadim said:
MCsq2 said:
Sakana-san said:
Runescape

I get sad every time I remember the amount of fun I had in Runescape. The game was so perfect, but then Jagex pissed on all of us. Also there is no sesnse of achievement because everyone is level 99 in everything now.
Aug 11, 2013 1:07 PM

Aug 2013
oke thanks!
Aug 11, 2013 1:07 PM

Aug 2013
Masterkilla235 said:
lupadim said:
MCsq2 said:
Sakana-san said:
Runescape

i wish rs 07 is f2p
i think if u really want to play it, 10 bucks a month isnt that bad ^^
Aug 12, 2013 2:26 AM

Jul 2013
I have played almost all free to play games out there since its my job and my fav are
-combat arms
-tales of pirates
-maple story
-zu online
-PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2
Aug 12, 2013 2:28 AM

Jul 2013
zamphire said:
I have played almost all free to play games out there since its my job and my fav are
-combat arms
-tales of pirates
-maple story
-zu online
-PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2

Almost forgot blade and soul :P
Aug 12, 2013 11:47 AM

Aug 2012
Oxy said:
lupadim said:
MCsq2 said:
Sakana-san said:
Runescape

I get sad every time I remember the amount of fun I had in Runescape. The game was so perfect, but then Jagex pissed on all of us. Also there is no sesnse of achievement because everyone is level 99 in everything now.

You can apparently play the 2007 game again, but you need to pay 10 bucks (20 reais in Brazil). I am not going to pay even one damn penny, because I am 100% sure jagex will make the game turn into shit again.

There was a game called Ace of Spades. There WAS. Jagex bought the game and ruined it. Before, there was more than 2000 people playing it at the same time. Now, when I start the game and go look at the server list, there are ZERO people playing.

Jagex has the shit touch. Everything it touches, become shit.
Aug 12, 2013 11:53 AM

Aug 2012
Aion, I heard that they have a free version now, still that much occupied space on the hdd.

For FPS... CS it's fps and there are so many ways to pay online for free, ok you're a pirate so what? enjoy the damn game.
Aug 12, 2013 8:20 PM
Jul 2018
Well an good free to play fps game would be Planetside 2, Its kinda mmo-fps type, You build up certs to unlock new weapons and so on...

Its a very beautiful game for it to be a free to play game.
Heres the epic trailer altho thats kinda stupid in my mind. (watch some game play afterwards cause thats not how the game should look like, it gives of the basic idea)

Aug 12, 2013 9:45 PM

Jul 2012
Realm of The Mad God.

For some reason I like it

Though 12 year olds get annoying
Aug 13, 2013 10:55 AM

Jul 2013
Few I play and love.

Hawken - Its open beta now but its basically a mech PvP game. One key thing I like about this is they do away with the "auto health" in most shooters in favor of healing yourself whenever. Granted this has a risk as you are 100% defenseless as your mech shuts down to repair. Pretty well done in my opinion and while it does have a cash shop you can buy other mechs and such without paying, just need more work.

Warframe - Space "stealth" ninja game. While it has stealth aspects, most find it easier to just run in blasting. Customization is the big selling point to me though in how you mod your character and weapons. Adding different elements, increasing damage or clip size, increasing your health or energy (skills) all the while running on walls, diving or slashing through enemies with different melee, machine guns, pistols, shotguns and such.

Phantasy Star Online 2 - Game based more on skill than luck I'd say when compared to other games. It's a good game and I'd highly recommend it but granted its only in Jap at the moment...granted there is an english patch to make key items readable such as skills.
Aug 14, 2013 1:39 AM

Aug 2013
My recommendations:
Star Wars: The Old Republic -> MMORPG, currently one of the most popular
Team Fortress -> MMOFPS with cartoonish graphics
Planetside 2 -> large scale MMOFPS set in future world and different planets
World of Tanks -> my favorite MMO, it's not a "pay to win" MMO, and it doesn't focus on personal skill, this game focus' on teamwork
BactinusAug 14, 2013 1:43 AM
"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist."
-Epicurus
Aug 15, 2013 10:40 AM

Sep 2012
F2P? I'm gonna stick to :
Warframe
Dota 2
Blacklight : Retribution
Tribes : Ascend
Team Fortress 2

*btw any Tenno in here?*
Aug 15, 2013 10:49 AM

Jul 2007
Blacklight Retribution
Ghost Recon Online
Warframe
Aug 15, 2013 12:25 PM

Sep 2011
When RO was killed, and then died MMO genre.

More topics from this board

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3720 by Inuki »»
1 hour ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3513 by Tamamolicki »»
6 hours ago

» total games on your steam library ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 22

50 by Strahan »»
11 hours ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

13 by Strahan »»
11 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Apr 25

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
Yesterday, 12:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.