Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 1, 2013 4:07 PM
Mar 2011
no, but i'm happy for those that have changed their style because of anime. it's great that people are proud of what they love, as long as they dont go overboard
Aug 1, 2013 4:08 PM

Jul 2013
Other then wearing shirts that have some sort of anime artwork, nope.
Aug 1, 2013 4:08 PM

May 2013
I still can't stand people who wear anime neko hoodies, like seriously.. No, you're not kawaii at all. I do not want to touch your ears. Get away from me!
Aug 1, 2013 6:46 PM

Nov 2011
Jauregui said:
Jaguer91 said:
Most anime clothing are based on japanese "fashion" clothing. Given that, if you would dress like that and you aren't japanese, wouldn't you look a little bit ridiculous? I mean... seriously?

You are saying it like if "japanese fashoin" only consist on kimonos or samurai costumes.
I don't see how this would look ridiculous

People on this thread believe japanese fashion is actually this...

Seriously -_-

You don't get it. Besides who the hell is talking about kimonos or samurais? I'm talking about common and modern clothing.
I luv u
Aug 1, 2013 7:58 PM

Sep 2012
Jaguer91 said:
Jauregui said:
Jaguer91 said:
Most anime clothing are based on japanese "fashion" clothing. Given that, if you would dress like that and you aren't japanese, wouldn't you look a little bit ridiculous? I mean... seriously?

You are saying it like if "japanese fashoin" only consist on kimonos or samurai costumes.

Seriously -_-

You don't get it. Besides who the hell is talking about kimonos or samurais? I'm talking about common and modern clothing.

I misunderstood then.
But still I don't get your comment, why would someone look bad wearing modern and common japanese clothes just because that person isn't japanese?
Like saying I would look ridiculous wearing american or italian clothes just because I'm not form neither of those countries :/
Aug 1, 2013 8:23 PM

Sep 2012
VioletRage said:
Mikuo_Chan said:
Anime has influenced my style so much I cant even believe it! I love to cosplay, I'm really good at it too if I do say so myself ;) I have always loved the outfits anime characters wear they are just so unique. It's not just anime though Japanese pop culture has inspired me a lot for example: visual kei, gothic lolita, decora, the list goes on but I cant remember them at the moment. My every day wardrobe consists of... well I don't really have one. I dress in visual kei not to an extreme extent though I have a quirky cute style most of the time and others times I dress in gothic aristocrat. if I'm going somewhere and I have to look "normal" I'll usually end up standing out, maybe because of my knee high converse sneakers or maybe because of my stylish jackets I import from Japan. Either way once you start dressing like an anime character it is very hard to stop, it becomes a part of you and sometimes people will give you crap about it but who cares It's my life and I'll do what I want with it!

Hell yeah, its your life and you can do what you want! I love the gothic lolita look, but I also like to add a little art deco touch in the patterns. How do you portray the gothic aristocrat style, is it through the imported jackets you buy?

Gothic aristocrat is kind of like the grown up version of lolita or the male version, that said gothic lolita is considered to be the fashion of teenagers up into their early 20's. If you wear lolita when you are past this age it tends to look a bit silly so if you like gothic lolita style but you want to be more mature about it (or your a guy) then gothic aristocrat is for you! For guys the dark tones of vests and or jackets should be complimented by a softer lighter shirt, a few frills around the collar or cuffs and a neck ribbon look good as well. For women a variety of things work a tight fitting pencil skirt at knee length with a ruffle and a flounce shirt with a ribbon is my personal favorite The important thing is to not go overboard because then it ends up looking like gothic lolita. I always loved the Victorian era where the emphasis was on elegance so this style of clothing has always fascinated me.

Some examples of outfits that I think look stunning:
Aug 1, 2013 8:28 PM

Sep 2012
Jauregui said:
Jaguer91 said:
Jauregui said:
Jaguer91 said:

Seriously -_-

I misunderstood then.
But still I don't get your comment, why would someone look bad wearing modern and common japanese clothes just because that person isn't japanese?
Like saying I would look ridiculous wearing american or italian clothes just because I'm not form neither of those countries :/
Just putting it out there, I'm a westerner and I wear modern Japanese clothes. Everyone is always saying how good I look so I agree that argument really doesn't make sense.
Aug 1, 2013 8:46 PM

Mar 2013
Well, I DID buy an old style hat cause I saw on in an anime and thought "He looks good in it... Maybe I will..."

Spoiler alert ladies~ I dont.

But I still wear it all the time, it hides my ugly hair. :3
Aug 1, 2013 9:02 PM

Jul 2013
Mikuo_Chan said:
VioletRage said:
Mikuo_Chan said:
Anime has influenced my style so much I cant even believe it! I love to cosplay, I'm really good at it too if I do say so myself ;) I have always loved the outfits anime characters wear they are just so unique. It's not just anime though Japanese pop culture has inspired me a lot for example: visual kei, gothic lolita, decora, the list goes on but I cant remember them at the moment. My every day wardrobe consists of... well I don't really have one. I dress in visual kei not to an extreme extent though I have a quirky cute style most of the time and others times I dress in gothic aristocrat. if I'm going somewhere and I have to look "normal" I'll usually end up standing out, maybe because of my knee high converse sneakers or maybe because of my stylish jackets I import from Japan. Either way once you start dressing like an anime character it is very hard to stop, it becomes a part of you and sometimes people will give you crap about it but who cares It's my life and I'll do what I want with it!

Hell yeah, its your life and you can do what you want! I love the gothic lolita look, but I also like to add a little art deco touch in the patterns. How do you portray the gothic aristocrat style, is it through the imported jackets you buy?

Gothic aristocrat is kind of like the grown up version of lolita or the male version, that said gothic lolita is considered to be the fashion of teenagers up into their early 20's. If you wear lolita when you are past this age it tends to look a bit silly so if you like gothic lolita style but you want to be more mature about it (or your a guy) then gothic aristocrat is for you! For guys the dark tones of vests and or jackets should be complimented by a softer lighter shirt, a few frills around the collar or cuffs and a neck ribbon look good as well. For women a variety of things work a tight fitting pencil skirt at knee length with a ruffle and a flounce shirt with a ribbon is my personal favorite The important thing is to not go overboard because then it ends up looking like gothic lolita. I always loved the Victorian era where the emphasis was on elegance so this style of clothing has always fascinated me.

Just saying, but I would never wear any of that stuff. When you think about it, I couldn't see any Westerner pulling any of that gear off (Other than maybe pic 2).
Hi.
Aug 1, 2013 9:20 PM

Sep 2012
ZooCrew said:
Mikuo_Chan said:
VioletRage said:
Mikuo_Chan said:

Just saying, but I would never wear any of that stuff. When you think about it, I couldn't see any Westerner pulling any of that gear off (Other than maybe pic 2).
Well to each their own, however I have seen many westerners wear clothes like these and they look great. I guess it comes down to personal taste although you should have the right face and skin tone if you want to wear a goth style and not look like an old witch
Aug 1, 2013 9:34 PM

Jul 2013
Mikuo_Chan said:
ZooCrew said:
Mikuo_Chan said:
VioletRage said:
Mikuo_Chan said:

Well to each their own, however I have seen many westerners wear clothes like these and they look great. I guess it comes down to personal taste although you should have the right face and skin tone if you want to wear a goth style and not look like an old witch

I guess it also comes down to cultural knowledge and all that. I mean, Westerners that have seen/understand Japanese fashion might find this more.. acceptable? As opposed to those who would have never heard of/seen this type of clothing before.
Hi.
Aug 1, 2013 9:37 PM

Apr 2013
Nope it didn't..
Aug 1, 2013 9:40 PM

Nov 2012
Luna_ said:
No.
Aug 1, 2013 10:40 PM

Dec 2011
Sort of I guess because I wear more cutesier clothes than I used to. I have to say anime influenced me to appreciate the gothic lolita style more.
Aug 1, 2013 10:49 PM

Aug 2011
Considering the fact that 95% of the clothes I have are hand-me-downs, no not really.
But I did grow my hair out and it's safe to say that the way I styled it was influenced by anime.
Aug 3, 2013 11:44 AM

Sep 2012
nope..
Aug 3, 2013 11:50 AM

Mar 2013
i bought a horse whip...

I love you.
Aug 3, 2013 12:33 PM

Aug 2011
Well if we're talking about normal clothing sense (that you see in some slice of life shows, shoujo, etc), then kinda. Or maybe you could say that Japanese clothing fashion has affected my clothing style a little.
Aug 3, 2013 12:40 PM

Jul 2013
I never really payed much attention to the way they dressed. It seems that either they dress very futuristic or they change their style into western type of clothing. Baccano and cowboy bebop are very iconic throughout the world, but they are set in the western world. That goes without saying, that samurai clothing, ninja costumes and yukata's are very eastern , I don't see though how anyone could wear those over the top costumes on the street unless you're living in japan.

I loved the clothes the characters from Nana, and Paradise kiss were wearing. I loved the street wear and the rawness of how it was portrayed. They showed different ranges of clothing from punk to lolita to regular high school uniforms. I love the Japanese street look, yet I detest the obvious over the top Lolita dresses. I'd like it to be subtly there in its design, that's why I have a bunch of dresses that resemble high school uniforms from japan.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=640211&pages=9&show=160#siCoEHSCjtJJgZzD.99
Ladieda
Aug 6, 2013 11:50 PM

Jan 2013
Nope and anyways MOST of the time in the anime's I watch they just wear a school uniform so Idk how that would change my style :P
Aug 8, 2013 2:27 PM

Oct 2012
hmm..From the start I had a very unique way of dressing myself up. And yes, I admit that I pick up tips and things from all different kinds of source to put my perfect style for the day. But I haven't watched that many anime to fully say that it "changed" my clothing style. It is good for getting new ideas though. (:
Aug 8, 2013 2:33 PM

Mar 2013
Aug 8, 2013 2:48 PM

Jul 2013
I guess not, I choose my clothing based on what everyone else wears, which is the way society works, and also based on my own taste. It would be kind of weird too if I would wear the outfit Saeko wears. Especially since I'm a guy. xD
Aug 8, 2013 2:51 PM

Jun 2013
skullos said:
I guess not, I choose my clothing based on what everyone else wears, which is the way society works, and also based on my own taste. It would be kind of weird too if I would wear the outfit Saeko wears. Especially since I'm a guy. xD
Damn, I was really hoping this would become more popular among attractive females.

Aug 9, 2013 11:35 AM

Aug 2013
Nope, I usually wear a T-shirt and some type of pants, but if I could dress up like anime characters (that wear normal clothes) that would be nice, I guess.
Aug 9, 2013 1:04 PM

Apr 2012
Since my style is decided by the fact which clothing piece is on the top of the pile - no.
Aug 9, 2013 1:05 PM

Oct 2012
No. Anime has not influenced the way I dress.

Most shows I've seen take place in a school setting where the characters all wear school uniforms. Our school doesn't have any sort of uniform whatsoever.
Aug 9, 2013 2:21 PM

Jun 2013
Not particularly. Some anime characters wear clothes which would be humiliating to wear, but most of them dress pretty normally. Apart from the school uniform. I mean, I know it's fictional, but I still find it difficult to believe that ANY school permits skirts that cover about 2cm of flesh. Haha.
Aug 9, 2013 2:25 PM

Jul 2013
A few shirts with characters here and there, but if it doesn't go with what shoes I pick for the day it's out.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Aug 9, 2013 2:45 PM

Mar 2008
NO
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Any romance anime where you liked MC more than main girl? (Shojo/Josei excluded)

Sanjay63773 - Yesterday

6 by Zarutaku »»
1 minute ago

» Woke Companies Force Japanese Sites to Censor Anime and Manga Content or Shutdown ( 1 2 )

rohan121 - May 9

72 by Tenderizer79 »»
5 minutes ago

» Are you involved in any fandom activity?

RobertBobert - 7 hours ago

18 by Theo1899 »»
8 minutes ago

» Birthday gifts!!!

Yonahim_Zz - 3 hours ago

7 by Gashadokur0 »»
22 minutes ago

» Do you feel just not excited for anime these days?

anizawa89 - Yesterday

28 by Ratris_Decision »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.