Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 19, 2013 3:21 PM

Jul 2008
Seeing the last of Spin-spin island vanish a solid hour ago, all that now surrounded the ragtag family was calm seas and blue skies as far as the eye could see. (Tekkai usage) Ringer had been hammering away at a makeshift smithie he got together using an old cannon-lid as forge. Located in a seperate section next to the engine room, he clattering of steel against steel could be heard resonating throughout the hull as gentle "dings". Up on deck, the sound could even have a soothing effect if one closed their eyes.
)

Now however, the hammering stopped, and Ringer stepped into the Bridge with a huge whaling-spear with a thick chain forged into the handle, the other end of which Ringer had wrapped around his right arm.

"Noah, ye like it? I call her the "Ex-Wife". Becouse durnit, when the ex-wife shows up ye know yer arse is due for a whoopin!" He said with a jolly grin, and peeked out one of the many observation slots from inside the bridge, as if checking to see if a sea-king just happened to drift by close enough to the surface so that Ringer might send the Ex-wife on it.

What a marvelous design, Ringer thought, to have the controls housed inside the hull safe from cannonfire and boarding. It was spacous enough that 4 people could have a piknik in the middle of the bridge without impeding the ones actually working. Apart from the helm and the numerous observation slots, the bridge also was fitted with two Armstrong cannons on either side, which could be accurately fired from opening bulk-heads exposing the barrel to the outside of the hull.

"These peashooters aint gunna do us a whole lot of good without gunpowder aye.." He said, looking at one of the 20'pounder Armstrongs located on the port-side of the Bridge. "..shame we didnt have time to grab any on Spin-Spin isle."
PsynergiAug 17, 2013 5:11 AM
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known" -Carl Edward Sagan
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 19, 2013 6:41 PM

Mar 2009
With the calamity of Spin-spin island behind them, the crew was now gently nestled between the stillness of the sea and the refreshment of the afternoon breeze that pushed them forward. Contrary to the whipper snapper of a man that had exhausted himself on Spin-spin island, what was before the eyes of the other crew on the bridge was a collected musician, humbly playing one of his favorite tunes.

Not expecting appraise from the audience, or lack thereof, Noah sighed lightly as a slight smile curled up from the left side of his bottom and upper lip. He set down his guitar on top of his lap, laying his head boat as if he were to drift off into a daze. However, the roaring boom that came with each step of Ringer's movements as he advanced towards the bridge, clearly broke the moment of silence as the remaining crew went back to their shifts.

"Noah, ye like it? I call her the "Ex-Wife". Becouse durnit, when the ex-wife shows up ye know yer arse is due for a whoopin!"

Referring to monstrous whale spear he just finished forging.

"Ha! Ya crazy bastard! Good thing none of us are the Ex-Husband, or else we'll be splitting everything in half, and she looks like she'd like to take it, the hard way~"

He responded as he marveled at the craftsmanship of his fellow crew member. As Ringer began to divulge the additional details of the ship, Noah began to tune his guitar, without a care, nor worry, simply enjoying that moment of peace.
Did you know every time you sigh, a little bit of happiness escapes? ~Senjougahara Hitagi
Jul 19, 2013 7:54 PM

Jul 2008
Diana was seated elegantly, almost as though she were a noble lady at some point, as she zones out to the tune Noah had been playing when suddenly *THWOMP THWOMP THWOMP* The sounds of Ringers massive feet meeting with the floor echoed, followed by his thunderous voice.

"Noah, ye like it? I call her the "Ex-Wife". Becouse durnit, when the ex-wife shows up ye know yer arse is due for a whoopin!"

She sighs, the momentous reprieve had been utterly obliterated. "If I had known about all of these weapons, I would have purchased supplies to make use of them. There's always the next port, I suppose.."

Diana pulls out her green log pose, gazing at the 3 needles for a moment.
TamoballJul 19, 2013 8:01 PM
Jul 20, 2013 12:33 AM

Apr 2013
Kaname was actually at pretty much of a loss as what to do. She made it here, she was so happy, but now what? Up until now she had been standing at the side of the ship, gazing at the sea, something she really liked to do, but she supposed it wasn't really the moment for that, so she turned around. She was the two men on board talking to each other, so she decided not to interrupt them. That left the only other girl, Diana. She walked up to her.

"Erm..." What to say? "Thanks again, erm..." She just realized something. She didn't know her name. Come to think of it, she didn't know anyone's name here. Come to think of it, she'd totally forgotten about introducing herself! She felt so stupid.

"Erm..." She remembered Diana being called 'Miss Moneypenny', but she correctly guessed that wasn't actually her name. Why did they actually give her that nickname? Was she so obsessed with money? She was obviously the person in charge of it, considering how she kept saying 'I'll buy this,' or 'I'll buy that.' Anyway, that was unimportant now.

"Erm..."
Jul 20, 2013 12:54 AM

Jul 2008
"She sure as hell would!" Ringer laughed back at Noah, turning the doorlock to open the bulkhead so he could step outside into the sun just as Diana let lose a remark that made Ringer smile a bit. He turned around with a cheeky grin on his face, feeling oh SO clever for a change.
"The guns were here when we left sabaody and have been here since, you need only eyes to see my dear~" He said, bowing politely in a satirical manner before slowly walking out the door in a nervous manner, expecting a shoe to the head from behind or something similiar as price for his comment. He liked Diana, as much as he liked Noah but for some reason she was more fun to tease then the musician. He couldnt quite explain it, hell he didnt even know at the time, but something was pulling him towards Diana, or her towards him, nevertheless.. had Ringer actually bothered paying attention to his inner self he wouldve noticed that uncanny feeling of your fate being tied in with someone else's, but alas this revelation was lost on him.

On deck, Ringer was taken by surprise at the beauty of the open sea. It had been so long since he sailed like this, as a pirate, or freemen as Kagari liked calling them. Unbound, unrestricted, with all the time in the world to seize a sea that is ours to define. The rewards and bounties of the New world scaled with the risks one were willing to take, and in a world of pirates, daring to be bold will get you far.

So Ringer asked himself.
"Do i dare to be bold once more? Like you did?"

His thoughts drifted to Kagari. The proud old man who stood as a lighthouse in the Darkness of Ringers world. The only man worthy to be called "father" by Ringer, and the one who gave him everything in this world. He had been missing since Sabaody, using what power he had left in his old age to save the lives of the people on the Edge. Ringers fist clenched as a tear dried up on his cheek in the warm sun. He would find him. Somehwere out there was the Legend, Kagari Yuuto, and Ringer would find him above all else..

With a grunt, he flung the spear into the sea with such force it sent a small shower of water spraying over deck. "Gotcha..."
PsynergiJul 20, 2013 2:27 AM
Jul 20, 2013 1:09 AM

Jul 2008
"I was more focused on managing to survive rather than "Ooh~ what does this button do~" Diana replies with a snide grin, making his moment of triumph into a moment of idiocy. It was all in jest, of course.

She puts her log pose away and turns her attention to Kaname. "Call me Diana. Apparently I'm also called Miss Moneypenny." She laughs proudly and finds the girls eyes drawn to the splendor that is her purple cape. "Ahh, but I suppose you'll want a reason for that...and I bet you're wondering about my cape. Well, long and boring story short, think of me as the financier of this crew. I'm a noble back on my home island. As for this cape...it's worth more than the entirety of at least 5 islands and happens to be bulletproof. How? Trade secret."

She stands up, causing her solid gold shoes to make the sound of heavy metal colliding with heavy metal. "I'm so wealthy that I can spend as much as I want and it won't even dent my finances!" She boasts while thinking about whether or not to throw one of her shoes at Ringer. Unfortunately he'd probably find a way to avoid it or something.
"So what is your name, lass?"
Jul 20, 2013 1:15 AM

Apr 2013
So fascinated by Diana's story, it took Kaname at least ten seconds to understand the question once it had been asked to her. "... Oh! Erm, I'm Kaname, Kurenai Kaname..." She looked at the beautiful purple cape again. It really is beautiful..., she thought.

(Sorry, short post)
Jul 21, 2013 2:57 AM

Jul 2008
"Come'ere!" Ringer roared, pulling the spear back by the chain still wrapped around his arm. This time however, the chain was tensed from pulling on something heavy. With a final grunt, Ringer pulled the spear and the catch onto deck. The spear had gone clean through the backside of a huge sea bass, a gracing hit that didnt really cause much damage to a fish of this caliber.

With the fish wriggling and thrashing about, being as big as Ringer himself, he had trouble holding it down. He threw himself onto the fish, and with a final spasm the fish shook the spear and was free with a wailing Ringer on its back desperately trying to hold on to the thrashing creature.
"Whoa, whooo calm down girl! I dont like playing with my food!"

It was a comical sight, one easily witnessed from inside the bridge if one happened to be looking through one of the observation ports. The huge mountain of a man being tossed around like a piece of cloth in the wind wouldve served as entertainment for even the pickiest joker. Again and again Ringer was thrown against the deck with the hugeass fish landing on top of him. Any normal human wouldve died from even one those impacts, but for Ringer it was the equivelent of being kicked in the gut by a donkey. It was painful, knocking the wind out of him, but far from lethal.

The battle raged for almost a massive 20 seconds before the fish started flailing itself and Ringer towards the edge of the deck. As Ringer noticed the sea coming to reclaim the bounty he had fought for, he steeled his body and took hold of the fish with renewed grip, holding as hard as he could.
"Tekkai!!" He roared, and the fish locked up within his arms. Its movements severly restricted by Ringers massive strength and endurance, it STILL managed to wiggle slightly. Ringers eyes widened in shock, the type of death-faring panic you would see in someone witnessing their worst nightmare, as the slight wiggle of the fish and its slippery body caused it to slooooowly slip out of his grasp. He tightened his grip as much as he could, but it was no use. It was if the world passed by in slow motion, as the fish inch by inch escaped Ringers grip. He was forced to watch, for almost another full 10 seconds he could do absolutely nothing to stop the fish from slipping.
"Nononono! Nooooo!!!! And with a final "plop", the black hammers bounty slipped back into the sea.

Ringer merely stared into the waters, still on his knees from wrestling the fish. It was as if this crushing defeat stole a piece of his soul, and he simply stared traumatized into the horizon.

In the engine room, what looked to be a random spill of oil on the floor suddenly began moving. Twisting and turning, it rose from the floor and began taking shape. Before long, a dog now stood where the liquid spill had been before.

He sniffed around the room for a bit, curious about this new place and all its smells and tastes. Metal, oil, coal, rust. These things that wouldve passed a normal dog by, was like the sweetest incence to this boy. His tail wagging happily, he ventured out of the room to explore the interior of the ship.

It wasnt before long that he had explored almost the entirety of the ship, and ended up in a hallway where he heard voices. The sound stopped him dead in his tracks, it was a sound he knew all too well and a sound he had learned to fear. The sound of humans.
Despite fearful, curiosity demanded instinctually that he atleast moved closer and identified the threat. As such he started sneaking up on the source of the voices, coming towards the doorway leading to the bridge. But becouse of the portside cannon inside the bridge, he could not see where the voices came from, and devised a brilliant plan (for a dog). He would find something, an object, on which he could stand to increase his relative height. Genious he thought (if dogs could think), pure genious, the smartest dog alive he praised himself as he silently pushed a cardboard box over the door with his nose.

Taking position ontop of it however would prove to be a challenge, and right when he spotted Diana over the cannon, he lost his balance. The cardboard gave in and the poor mutt tumbled over sideways into a pair of tin buckets, rattling them to such a degree that even Ringer could probably hear it on deck. The door to the bridge from the interior was way lighte then the heavy bulkheads protecting it from the outside, light enough so that the dogs little tumble caused the door to open fully.

As it hit the ground, its front legs turn into a mush silvery liquid. The dog seemed distressed by the revelation that the deadly humans could now see him, and his front legs was worthless in this wierd condition. He did not however seem to be in any pain. Any pirate with half a month at sea would recognize the effect of a Logia-class Devilfruit right in front of them.

Immoblized, scared and out of his depth. The dog desperately tried crawling away and hide from the humans..

((Meet Liddo-kun, a labrador-retreiver that somehow ate the Merc Merc Fruit. He is a Mercury Dog.

Liddo-kun is a Crew-reward unlocked by Talia-Morisane on Spin-Spin island, and is a fully fledged npc. This means that, once he trusts you, he can be used like any other NPC and shared between all the members of the crew to use in their posts.

His restriction is the same as other NPC's granted through Crew-rewards: He cannot be used in important story-battles against other player-characters to tip the scale in an otherwise fair fight.))

Lets take good care of him~

PsynergiJul 21, 2013 3:06 AM
Jul 24, 2013 4:31 AM

Mar 2009
"Kurenai Kaname....that has a nice ring to it," Noah interjected between the two ladies exchange.

"Welcome aboard," he added after which he gave her a slight bow. "Miss Moneypenny is the reason we were able to equip this ship rightfully. That and Ringer's crafty hands. By the way, my name is Noah and as you can see by this fancy guitar...credit to Moneypenny for buying me a new one after smashing the last one into a pirates head, I'm a musician...or rather...the crew's musician. So if you are ever feeling down, wanna learn how to play an instrument or join me for a jam session, I'll be about."

After what seemed like an extended and probably unnecessarily long introduction, Noah bid the two ladies farewell to join Ringer who was currently struggling with his catch. There was a heavy set of grunting and a shout of "Tekkai" as Noah made his way onto the bridge. However, by the time Noah made it, Ringer was but a mere shadow of himself, alone, sulking in his crushing defeat.

"Mate, you've gotta be gentle especially if its the fish's first time. You see, the sea as in the ocean, is a force that's in constant motion. You can't fight, you have to go with it. You have to be like water mate, fluid.....always fluid, yeah baby."

The words of encouragement were followed by a cool guy pose.
MotionBlueJul 26, 2013 8:12 PM
Did you know every time you sigh, a little bit of happiness escapes? ~Senjougahara Hitagi
Jul 26, 2013 1:41 PM

Jul 2008
"Yeah funny. I tell ya mate that fish wasnt out on its first rodeo.." Ringer whined, touching his left shoulder in slight pain, evidently having been so caught up in keeping the fish on deck that he over-reached with his Tekkai and pulled a muscle. "Guess we gotta look for lunch some other way. Have we even checked the pantry on this thing?" He said, tapping his foot on deck indicating the Edge itself.

Just as he did however, at the moment his foot touched the deck, Ringer was sent flying overboard...

Boom!

Boom! Boom!

Fragments of broken cast iron shredded everywhere as a pair of cannonballs impacted the ironclads deck and splintered against its armor. More shots could be heard from straight ahead as water erupted in great fountains all around them.

(Tekkai usage)
"DURN that hurt.. agh..fuck.." Ringer grunted, climbing back over the railing with a cannonball still stuck to his chest, having been partially stopped by his strongest Tekkai. Getting his hulking body over the railing, he rolled over on deck clearly taken aback by the sudden imapact. He winced several times as he stood up, holding his arm over his chest.
"Bwah, feels like the durn thing took a few ribs.. *pant*. heh.. who the.." He said, pausing as he grunted deeply to strain the muscles in his torso. With a thud, the cannonball popped out and landed on the iron deck. "..hell is firing!?"

"FIRE!"

A series of shots were relentlessly released by the 74-gun Ship-of-the-Line, currently engaged in battle with a Marine vessel of similiar size and power. Titans at sea, the first-rate ships of the line were spewing cannonballs, tearing into eachother from mere yards away. The crews of the Pirateship were shouting obsenities and throwing buckets, hammers, shoes and anything they could find at the marines on the other ship.

Ontop of the quarterdeck, a young officer stood next to his Captain, watching the battle with seasoned eyes looking for oppertunities and weaknesses.

"Mr. Eccleston!" The captain inquires of the lad next to him.
"Captain Pellew sir?"
"Trim the mizzenmast and lay her portside. Seems these wasps are intent on stinging, so lets give them a slap shall we?" The captain ordered calmly, like he was just taking a stroll in the garden while cannonfire and death occurred all around.

"Aye aye sir! TRIM THE MIZZEN LADDIES, HARD TO PORT MR. BRACEGIRLDE!" He roared in return, relaying the captains orders to the crew and the Sailing master currently manning the helm.
"Aye aye Mr. Eccleston, hard to port!"

With a loud cheer from the crew, the giant pirateship leveled out their speed and attempted to swing in behind the Marine vessel for a broadside to their rear.

All of a sudden however, a huge but nimble man swung towards the back of the ship using the ropes hanging from the masts. It was surreal, that a man of his build should so easily defy gravity, like a gorilla at full speed through the trees he arrived at the trimmed mizzenmast and shouted down to the Captain below.
"Captain Pellew sir, sails 2 points of portside bow!"

The captain turned his attention upwards to the man hanging from the ropes above. "Class and Colors Mr. Hammond you know the drill" he replied cool and relaxed, as a beacon of serenity.
"Aye sir, looks like a Gunboat of some kind. No colors as of yet. But, theres something wierd about it.. the deck is painted black"

The captain seemed to react at this, a reaction that seemed to break with his calm demeanor as he hastily made his way to the railing. Mr. Eccleston handed him a telescope in which he used to get a closer look on the black ship.

"What is it captain?" Eccleston inquired.

"Its.. a goddamn Ironclad, the deck isnt painted black its covered in iron! i've actually never seen one in person.." He said, as something seemed to catch his eye and grab his attention.

The captain seemed both shocked and confused when he lowered the telescope, and leaned over to his officer to ask with a very low register.
"Mr. Eccleston..."
"Sir?"
"Didn't Yuu-chan say that his man would be the biggest, ugliest blacksmith youll find on the seven seas?"
"Well, yes sir, he had a quarter giants-blood in him as far as i remember sir. Easy to spot, larger then any normal bloke sir."
The captain seemed to consider his officers answer, before continuing his inquiry.

"And didnt he say this man would be a Tekkai-user?"
"Yes sir, he did indeed"

"Well.. theres a 3-meter titan of a man standing on the deck of that City-class Ironclad with a cannonball sticking out of his god damned chest, and the booger is still on his feet!" The captain explained, meeting Ecclestons gaze as it dawned on them both.

"It cant be... Yuu-chans brat..?" A sense of urgency seemed to find both of them, almost a state of panic, as the realization sunk in.

"M-mr. Eccleston! Belay the last order at once, turn us downwind and get us to that gunboat!"
"A-aye aye sir!!" Eccleston replied, and almost tripped over a coiled rope in his haste to give the order to the rest of the crew.

In seconds, the ship veered off its alternate heading and returned to its original spot paralelle to the marine vessel who was still punching holes in the pirates with every passing second. Still barely out of boarding range, the men did battle with cannons and swivel guns like their lives depended on it (which it did). All the while in the distance, Sanity's Edge was creeping closer. On its current heading, it would pass right between the battling ships in almost a minute.

"FOR KAGARI!!"
PsynergiAug 17, 2013 5:13 AM
Jul 26, 2013 3:08 PM

Jun 2008
Order! Fire on signal!!
The next who fires out of turn will be shot!

Officers of all ranks and sizes were running up and down the deck desperately trying to get order back into the ranks of flailing, desperate marines who haplessly were trying to ensure that their canons fired and their heads stayed on their shoulders at the same time! A combination which the officers meant should be cut in half, literally.

Keep it steady, if we mustn't lose our grip!

Next to the great oar and its operator stood the ships captain, a thin but strong jawed man who were doing his best to hide his nervousness about the spectacle below. Despite the beating they were taking, the marine ship did't veer its course, attempting as best it could to keep its deadly lock on its "prey", and even if it was taking a lot of damage, so was the Rozy Ship.

Goddamn these Pirates fight like they'be seeing the devil sir!

A rather fat officer to the right of the captain commented on the loud cursing crew they were fighting as he almost got hit by a wild fork, ducking just out of the way of another three random objects thrown by gods know who! He was not lying about his observation, their own crew however were not trained to deal with this at all, they were brave enough but the rate of fire, not to mention objects, that were coming from the Rozy ship, not to mention the yelling, and the long distance spitting, were putting the entire crew on edge, to the point of chaos.

We can't take much more of this, we need to withdraw before we sustain any critical damage!

The Captain did't respond, it was not necessary. He could't withdraw, not after he had gotten the explicit order to not let them go, he had refused to carry out a couple of order in his lifetime, but this one was from a seat too high for him to even dare think about disobeying. But even as he considered his options, his ship and crew were taking considerable damage, the pressure built up and up until he finally snapped.

Damn it all to hell!
Helmsman! Hard to the right, ram the bastards!

The ships sudden manouver came as a shock to the other ship and before they could attempt a proper disengage; the two ships bumped together in a fury of splintering woodwork, before the crew of the roze ship could react, several hooks grabbed hold of their railing, then some more, and some more, until their entire broadside was completely covered in boarding hooks, lines of men in white and blue heaving their two ships closer and closer until they finally bumped together again, and this time it was gonna last a while longer.

They might be good at shooting, but lets see how they handle face to face justice!
Boarding time lads!

With the short "inspiring" speech the entire crew of the marine ship started to jump across the short distance between them, firing off pistol shots and swinging their cutlasses back and forth as they hooted their personal battle cries! Jumping into the midst of the roze crew. The marine ship might have been outgunned by their ferocity, but they held a clear advantage in numbers, and now was the time to make it show!

Meanwhile

Not too far away, just coming into viewing distance a ship of white that had so far been hidden by a creeping fog was fast approaching the battlefield, it was not as large as the ships they were chasing but damn was it fast, it cruised through the water at an almost impossible pace. At the command deck of the ship two figures were observing the battle through a pair of spyglasses.

Mysterious Shadow 1: Looks like the pathetic regulars are having a hard time!
Mysterious Shadow 2: Of course, they are regulars, did you expect them to do it alone?
Mysterious Shadow 1: I can't believe we are even a part of the same navy, look at that display!
Mysterious Shadow 2: One could almost deem it, "Shameful".
Mysterious Shadow 1: Hopefully their ammunition stores ignite, might take the both of em down!
Mysterious Shadow 2: That would be most fortunate, I guess there is use for the regulars after-all!

That won't do..

A So far quiet voice spoke up from the shadows of the room, sitting on a built in command seat in the far back of the dimly light command deck sat another shadow cloaked man which voice caused the two others to shrink back for a moment.

Signal the snipers to aim for the Searoze main mast, lets show them we are coming, it won't do to not allow our prey a moment to consider how they want to die, now would it? No, No, No, No.

It would not.

As the roaring of gunfire and swordplay found its cresendo on the two battling ships, the sudden arrivial of a new combatant was made known to them as a chained pair of cannonballs found their mark, dragging the top of the Searoze's main mast crashing down onto the main deck. Looking back towards the direction of the shot, one could now see a sleek white fleet destroyer fast approaching, and even further in the distance two additional, larger forms were slowly making their way towards them, their outlines just barely visible in the fog.
Memories are the materials of a Soul, it is what makes and defines you.
And as such, blood is the currency of the soul, the silver plate of the will.

(Work in progress)
Jul 28, 2013 6:39 AM

Jul 2008
"Whoa!"

The burly Mr. Hammond nearly slipped and fell 8meter straight onto the deck as the main mast splintered ahead of him. With a nimble shift in his own trajectory, he managed to latch into the falling mast just enough to send him swinging safely to the mizzen. Turning around he saw the mast crash into the decks of both ships, taking out a fair amount of men in one fell swipe.

Below, captain Pellew was surprised at the sudden shot to the mast. He didnt think the marines could elevate their guns enough, and he had not yet spotted the new arrivals. With the fog, the battle, and the ironclad that was now approaching the other side of the marine ship, not realizing the party just got bigger was an excusable offense.

"They are gonna pass us by, we have to signal them somehow!" The captain said to Mr. Bracegirdle.
"Get Mr. Kapling to take the quarterboat aft and around the marines, have them intercept and make contact with the ironclad. Tell the blacksmith if hes still alive, that Kagari lives, understood?"

"Aye aye captain!" the helmsman replied, and passed the helm to the captain. The deck below had long since erupted into chaos with marines and rozepirates at eachothers throaths, thirsting for blood. From the quarterdeck, the captains guards were using muskets and swivel guns to keep any marine from making their way up there to protect the officers. Allowing them the freedom to focus on strategy.

Mr Bracegirlde stumbled through the mass of battling men, apologizing and excusing himself to pirate and marine alike as he pushed them out of the way to get to Mr. Kapling.

He did not have to search long, and found Marcus Kapling in probably the most handy spot he couldve been. Already standing atop the quarterboat, he was using his pistol and sword to fend of marines that attempted to take from him his highground.

"Mr. Kapling! You are to.."
"Yes i know, i could read the captains lips from all over here. He should seriously consider gesticulating less, his intention is obvious a fricking mile away." He replied, and slashed open the tarp covering the quarterboat with a single swipe of his sword. One accurate shot to the mast relased the ropes holding it, sending the boat splashing into the water on the "safe" side of the ship. Without wasting any time, he began rowing as fast as he could towards the stern of the vessel.

Onboard, the lower gundeck had taken the biggest brunt of the marines broadsides earlyer. The side facing the marine ship was blown wide open, as such, the young Rickard Foster saw an oppertunity. Leaving his station on the gun he was responsible for loading, he grabbed a flintlock pistol and leapt across the gap into the gundeck of the marine ship. Other roze pirates had the same idea appearently, as fighting had broken out there already causing a distraction. In the corner of the room, towards the bow, he saw what he sought: a barrel of gunpowder.
Jul 30, 2013 6:02 PM

Jul 2008
A sudden sound startles Diana. Her hands draw her two pistols in the blink of an eye as she fires at the sounds source, seeing that she hit a pool of....some sort of liquid retreating into the nooks and crannies of the ship. Clicking her tongue in agitation, she's about to go after it when suddenly *THUD*, a cannonball hit the deck, causing a slight vibration to run throughout the ship. They had bigger problems than their stowaway.

"I'm going on deck." She tells Kaname. "You stay here. If you even think we've been boarded. Hide."
She heads out cautiously, guns still drawn. Another cannonball strikes the hull in vain like a mosquito trying to drink the blood from a rock. This made her smile widely. The futility of it was not missed on her ears.

Reaching the deck, she spots Ringer and that other guy whose name she had trouble remembering. Something with an N....an Ark? Noah! It was Noah and Ringer being buddies as usual. She looked at the battle that raged before them and smiled.
"Noah. Would you bring us closer. Ringer, we're to going to join them. Or rather...they are going to join US!"
Jul 30, 2013 10:45 PM

Apr 2013
(I didn't have my devil Fruit yet, did I?)

Kaname nodded to Diana. "I got it." As Diana left for the deck, she herself went a little deeper into the interior of the ship. She had many memories of situations. Some better than others, but overall they reminded her of good times, only one being the exception. Since she'd gotten sed to it already, she wasn't that scared. She remembered one time this had happened, and maybe becauseher mind had trouble choosing one, or because this one was special, she remembered the first time it had happened.

It was only one week after she'd been picked up by pirates. They decided that she wasn't going to get her memory back, and they had given her a name afterwards. From now on, she was "Kurenai Kaname". She liked that name. The pirates had been very scared for her at first, but they managed to somehow win her trust, a girl who had forgotten everything and didn't know what side to be on anymore, and she was starting to enjoy the times with them. Then, suddenly there was a bang right next to the ship, and water was coming up. It startled her, and she quickly covered her ears, closed her eyes and sit down like a ball like she'd done the past time before she was found and picked up.

"We're being attacked!" She could vaguely make out from what she could still hear with her ears covered up.
"By who?!"
"We think it's a villain pirate ship, Cap'n."
"Cap'n, what should we do?!"
'Let's see..." Then, Remi, their captain, looked at Kaname. And so the first order he gave was "Jonah! Bring Kana-chan inside!" Jonah, Remi's little brother, nodded and layed his hands on her shoulders. Kaname slowly opened her eyes. "Come on Kana-chan, we're going inside." He grabbed her hand and walked her to the entrance to the inside of the ship. Kaname looked around, and saw all the others preparing to fight. Jonah turned her face to himself again. "Don't worry, they'll be alright. Come on." They went inside and ended up in the male bedroom, not that there were any women besides Kaname, and Jonah closed the door.
"We'll be alright in here for a while." Jonah looked at Kaname. Another cannonball was heard, and Kaname quickly took on her previous position again. Until she was being brought back by the same hand on her shoulder. She opened her eyes to a smiling face.
"You know, Kana-chan, when I'm scared, I go sit like this." He sat down, hugging his knees and closed his eyes. "After that, I think of happy memories." Kaname sat down exactly like him, but she was stuck at the "good memories" thing. She didn't have any from before the past few weeks, and those memories were only bad. "But..." Kaname opened her eyes again and looked at Jonah, who continued talking. "I'm not the one who's scared here, so I think this position is the best. He grabbed Kaname and pushed her face his chest, rubbing her head. It was warm, and felt safe, like a parent should have felt. A parent. Kaname knew nothing about parents. She first woke at the bottom of a cliff, and her entire body had been hurting. No one had come to rescue her, so she had laid there for days, until she finally was able to stand up and walk again. She'd been wandering the forests, eating fruit from the trees and drinking water from the lake. She often searched for a village, but there didn't seem to be any on this island. There wasn't any sign of human life at all, and Kaname, not yet Kaname at that time, wondered who and what she was. After a week or two, she had finally seen some other humans, but had been scared of them. Even when took her with them, she was scared. But now one of them was comforting her, shielding all the scary things away. He was acting like her parents. She hadn't cried since she was able to walk again. For her, that was a long time ago. It was the start of her life, after all. But now, she cried as hard as she could. Cried, embraced Jonah, and cried again. Apparantly, she fell asleep after, because that's the last she remembered of the first time they were attacked.

Suddenly, she was waken up from her memory by a strange liquid that was lying on the ground. She sat down at it, and asked her the infamous question "What's this?" After following it, she was led to something that was obviously a dog, just with a little weird front legs. Kaname quickly sat down next to it. It looked very scared, but she smiled at it.
"Do you also live here?" She asked it. She didn't think so, it looked too scared and unaccustomed to the background. She petted his head, ignoring his little cries and his trying to get her to stop. "I'm Kaname. What's your name?" Suddenly, the dog stopped crying, and actually looked like he started taking a liking to her petting his head. "Don't worry, it'll be alright... It'll all be alright..."
Aug 1, 2013 1:43 AM

Mar 2009
The pose dropped abruptly when the smiling Ringer was propelled by the shock of the blast out into the sea. Shots rang throughout the air, whistling until they collided with their intended targets. Noah had no time to even react when he too was sent towards the rail from the shock of the two cannonballs striking the deck. He gripped the railing with his left hand as his body dangled overboard, but pulled himself up in-sync with Ringer.

"Looks like that fish you were tangling with called for backup," Noah said after he hoisted himself up over the rail. Ringer wasn't in as a good a shape as Noah, but the hunk of man was still kicking thanks to his Tekkai.

"Wai-!? We're caught in bloody a crossfire!!" Noah confirmed by his observation out at sea where just a few knots ahead of them two vessels were engaged in what looked to be a fights to the death.

"What should w-....," instinctively asking for Ringer's command, Noah was cut short by the sudden appearance of Diana.

"Noah, would you bring us closer?"

She requested, and after a firm "Aye ma'm!" Noah, bolted towards the rudder and quickly grabbed a hold of the wheel. "Ready mates, we've got company!!!!"
Aug 2, 2013 2:55 PM

Jul 2008
Ringer was still catching his breath from the cannonball when Noah addressed him, and couldnt reply in time before hearing Diana call him to the helm. It would seem we were heading into combat, and Ringers blood started boiling with excitement without him noticing.

"Aye aye, want me to scrape together what gunpowder we have? Might be 'nuff layin around for a single shot if we're lucky!" Ringer asked when replying to Dianas orders.

Off their bow, coming around the marine vessel and heading towards Sanity's edge, was Mr. Kapling of the Roze Pirates. Rowing with all his might, he could now see the Ironclad for the first time since stepping into the boat due to the warring ships blocking his sight. It was marvelous indeed, like a floating bunker it seemed so peaceful on the waves even the current situation considered.

As he got near, he layed his oars in and dove into the water to close the distance. It took him only half a minute of swimming, during which he had narrowly avoided losing his head to a stray cannonball, but he finally reached the Edge. Grabbing onto the railing, he pulled himself onto deck where he caught Ringers eye as he was heading back inside.

"Who de'hell are ye?" Ringer blurted at the newly arrived Pirate, who for some reason carried the ragged remains of a Marine Captains cloak over his uniform.

Mr. Kapling took a moment to catch his breath, after which he somehow managed to string the nescesary words together to convey captain Pellews message to Ringer.

"Marcus Kapling, of the Rozy Pirates.. *pant*.. am i to understand you are the blacksmith known as Ringer?"

"Durn right i am, whats it to ye?"

"I carry a message from my captain, he gave no further instruction beyond telling you but implied that you would understand."

Ringer raised an eyebrow, this all sounded abit fishy to him.
"Well out with'it then, if ye havent noticed lad theres a durn battle going on around our bloody ears!"

Mr. Kapling rose to his feet and regained some of his stature. He took pride in his job, and assumed a stance as if delivering a report to a superior officer.
"Kagari lives"

An eternity seemed to pass before Ringer reacted to the message. For what was probably only a few seconds, the words of this man had the black hammer paralyzed in shock. For all his strength, he could not move or speak.

"c...can you repeat that?.. please?" He replied puzzled, as if he truly doubted his ears.

"Certainly! Kagari lives"

It took another set of seconds for it to completely sink in, but finally a sense of urgency hit Ringers face, changing his expression to one more tense/serious.
Without replying to the sailor, he turned towards one of the observation ports right next to him leading into the bridge, looking to see if Noah heard this message aswell.
Aug 3, 2013 2:04 PM

Jul 2008
"Kagari lives"
Those words rang true to even Diana's clever ears, despite wearing another set of her odd headphones with holes on the top for her to hold up two large tufts of her light brown-blonde hair. To an outsider, one would think her hair tufts were either another set of ears, or a pair of horns. She literally had twelve more of them, just as she told Axis. Ringer had told her all about Kagari, and she had already known that the old man was responsible for the first three on this iron boat being alive and well today.

She wasn't shocked though; one does not grow to be old without a reason and it was usually far more difficult to be rid of an older person than a younger one. The young tend to think themselves invincible. The old know of their own frailty...

"Kagari lives" Marcus Kapling repeats, stunning Ringer once again for a few moments. Diana laughs and slaps the large man on the back. "Your mentor is alive and kicking! This is wondrous news, is it not?"
Her jovial attention then turns to Marcus. "Mr. Kapling, I personally thank you for the good news. Now then...you came by rowboat, I assume? I would like to invite your entire crew onto this ship. Bring your own food since we're running short. That tends to happen when we don't get enough time to buy supplies."

Her loathing of marines was starting to grow as they seemed to specifically, relentlessly hound her.

"As for the marine ship...we're going to help you destroy it..."

"Noah! Head straight for those marines as quickly as this clunker can go! We're going to ram them straight up their ass!"
TamoballAug 3, 2013 2:26 PM
Aug 4, 2013 5:55 AM

Mar 2009
Believe it or not, Noah was experienced in sailing. In his teens, he learned how to take the helm of small boats while sailing in the vicinity of Baterilla. However, Sanity's Edge was in an inevitable crash course with the pirate ship that just fired a wave of rounds at them, and Noah's facial expression confirmed that no matter what he could do, their fates were sealed.

"Certainly! Kagari lives"

"Eh? "Is that the cheeky old bastard Ringer was yapping about earlier?"

Noah temporarily lost thought but was quickly brought back to reality with a swift command from Diana.

"Noah! Head straight for those marines as quickly as this clunker can go! We're going to ram them straight up their ass!"

"Dammit all...AYE AYE MA'M!!!"

With a quick spin of the rudder in the opposite direction, Noah looked as if he were pulling a slight of hand with the speed his limbs were moving at. The head of the ship whipped in the other direction, pointing towards the marine ship. The swift moving rocked the members on the bridge, prompting them to get ready.

"INCOMINGGGGGGGGGGGGG!" Noah yelled as the ship closed in.
Aug 4, 2013 11:26 AM

Jun 2008
((fucking hell my post got deleted when my computer reset, sorry about this but i don't have time to write another one so I am just gonna write what happened))

The white fleet destroyer aimed at the marine ship with its front gun which was revealed to be able to rotate, firing a high explosive shell into the ammunition store just after the scoundrel that had attempted to light it on fire had left, the ship was hit and blew up just as Ringers ship crashed into it, causing some damage but mostly soot stain to its prow, while the Searoze was lost half its crew in the boom, including most of the marines, it also took critical hull damage to the point where its rapidly sinking. A cloud of smoke is now covering both ships, the sanitys edge has not yet been seen.

On the flipside, you can't see the whitefleet destroyer ether.
Sorry about this but I don't have time to remake it, it was quite long and I have to pack.
Memories are the materials of a Soul, it is what makes and defines you.
And as such, blood is the currency of the soul, the silver plate of the will.

(Work in progress)
Aug 7, 2013 4:19 AM

Jul 2008
As the ship neared the Sanity's Edge, Diana took off her golden shoes. They were heavy and would only slow her down.
Then came down her cape, changing to a fiery red as she channeled years of pent up anger. It held her back and would ruin her focus.

As she was about to take further action, however...something caught her sharp eyes. A cannonball was flying and it hit the marine ship as the Edge was about to crash into it.
BOOM! The sound of the ship exploding as the Sanity's Edge rammed into it rocked the ironclad to its core, but the sturdy ship remained largely unscathed. Diana clicked her tongue in annoyance from under her bullet-proof cape as she hatched a plan. She flies out from under her cape (figuratively), shouting.

"Noah! full speed through the smoke and debris!" She ordered, as her focus shifted to where the cannonball came from. It was an explosive round, which limited who could have so brazenly fired it. Furthermore...they knew exactly where the marine ship stored its gunpowder, a high-explosive round couldn't create such a large explosion on its own. It had to be....the White Fleet.

A crazed grin grew across her face as her pupils shrank into mere specks in her dark amber eyes. She truly looked insane, but her sanity was, in fact, intact. Even as she laughed boisterously.
"GYAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! This is too perfect..." She says aloud as, one by one, even her thigh-high white socks come off and this...is when she put her foot down. The sound of her foot slamming into the hull was...largely unimpressive really, but suddenly, miraculously, gold coins began forming and spreading across the deck from her bare feet at enormous speed. Covering the entirety of the hull, but avoiding the oceans foul waters, in what was first chainmail, but as more coins spread, they covered the ship entirely in gold plate! As it sailed closer to its new target. Her laugh only grows in volume as her gloating takes on a new turn.

"Glorious, isn't it? You will never have to worry about expenses ever again!" She shouts to the undoubtedly dumbstruck Noah and Ringer. "Let it be known, from this day forth...To young and old, near and far. That it was we, the Goldforge Pirates, that took down a White Fleet ship without firing a SINGLE SHOT! Let it be known that it was we, the Goldforge Pirates, who HUMILIATED THE ENTIRETY OF THE MARINE ELITE, AND REVEALED THEIR INCOMPETENCE TO THE WORLD IN ONE FELL SWOOP!"

She laughs again right as the Edge penetrated through the smoke of the explosion and was immediately met with the three White Fleet ships. The Edge headed right towards the Destroyer, the smallest and fastest, but most deadly, of the three ships. Diana takes her megaphone from her belt in the middle of the smoke, to make sure that onlookers would see only a crazed girl on a golden ship carrying a megaphone and shouting into it at the top of her lungs so that every White Fleet marine could hear her.
"Surprise, mother fuckers! Who the hell do you think we are?! We. Are. GOLDFORGE!!" Her voice cries out as the Edge, in Golden Armor Clad, crashed right into the Destroyer with tremendous force not unlike a spartan kicking a man in the chest. The Destroyer gave way to the strain and broke in twain, and the Edge just went straight on through and towards another of the White Fleets ships, but alas, it was too fast for the Edge to ram that one as well.
TamoballAug 7, 2013 4:23 AM
Aug 7, 2013 6:28 AM

Apr 2013
"So... done!" Kaname said as she finished wrapping both of Liddo's front legs in bandages. Well, in fact, she didn't have bandages, so she had ripped off a part of her skirt. Well, she kept doing it wrong, so the skirt that had covered her entire legs before now only reached to her knees, but she had ended up with some good bandages, and it was easier to move like this, too.

After that she had managed to collect the entirety of the grey mass together, and somehow helped Liddo turn his front legs back into real front legs, making the most of the strange liquid disappear. Or rather, turn back into a dog's leg, but it was all the same in the end. The dog seemed happy too, he was happily barking, and was licking Kaname, climbing up on her until she fell on her back, no longer to hold back Liddo and keep her balance at the same time. She laughed as he walked up to her face and started licking that too.
"S..S...Stop, okay?" She said between her giggles while patting his head. She let him continue for a while, but eventually pushed him off her, and got up, trying her best to stop laughing.

"You're a really funny dog. Do you have a name?" She waited a few seconds, until she realized he was unable to answer her, even if he did have one. "What am I asking...?" She asked herself as she stood up. But then the ground started shaking under her feet, as if the ship hit something, and Kaname fell into a sitting position again. Liddo immediatly hid behind one of the carboxes, and started to slowly cry out again. Kaname quickly crawled up to him. "It's okay... It's okay... I'm gonna take a looks for a minute, okay?" Liddo only gave one more small cry, as if he was agreeing, and Kaname stood up and walked up to the door. Coming out now, she was defying everything she had learned as a child, but then again, she was no longer a child. She opened the door, greeted by a scenery she was sure wasn't there when she entered the room. The ship had turned gold? Had it? Could it have?

"What's..." Slowly left her mouth. She took another at the room. No gold. But the door on the outside had turned gold. Then, after she heard some barking, Liddo ran out of the room, aiming for the main deck. "Ah, Little Doggy! Wait!" Kaname screamed as she ran after him.
Aug 7, 2013 1:17 PM

Jul 2008
A little bit into the past....

A certain girl with a certain visual handicap sighs heavily, being stuck on a particularly doomed marine vessel when suddenly PIRATES!

She cared not who fired the first shot as she lazily leaned over the railing. The poor thing was more focused on one particular annoyance. That damn kid always seemed to be where she was but fortune had smiled upon her: That kid was on another ship and probably another island.

Suddenly, her observation haki goes wild with warning flags. Quickly, she leaps off of the ship just in time to get into the water before the ship flat-out explodes! The water creates a cushion for her, but the shockwave was still enough to fling her forward.

She rises up to the surface, spitting out water with a rather disgusted look on her face. Too salty.
With that in mind, she starts swimming to the nearest ship, latching onto a certain ironclad and barely managing to hold on as it crashes into a destroyer. Were these people psychotic!?

(Couldn't forget about Sina.)

Now for the present. Sina releases the ironclad and manages to latch onto a nearby marine vessel before it sails off. The White Fleet wouldn't like this...but she can't see colors now can she? (Can't see at all, actually.)
Aug 8, 2013 6:48 PM

Mar 2009
Noah's hands clutched onto the rudder firmly as the Sanity's Edge neared the marine ship. A cannonball sailed through the air, fired from the marine ship as it flew through the bridge of the Edge. The whistle of the cannonball sailing was completely blocked out however when the Sanity's Edge crashed into the marine ship.

Noah could feel his hands shake violently as the Sanity's Edge collided with the marine ship, leaving hardly if no damage at all.

"Noah! full speed through the smoke and debris!"

"Shi-w-w-WHAT? A-A-AYE MA'M!" he responded almost shaking. Wait why was he even shaking? What kind of man shakes his hands in fear after a command.

"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!!!!!!!!!"

Noah bolstered as the swung the rudder away from the marine ship, prompting the ship to swing away from the marine ship and head deeper into the thick of the smoke. As the smoke cleared, he saw Moneypenny without any shoes or socks, with a look that almost guaranteed their deaths on a silver platter. He could see her futile attempt in slamming her foot on the ground to create a "boom" effect but that wasn't the plan at all, as he would soon witness the sprouting of gold coins across the deck from her bare feet at enormous speed. The overload of coins soon covered the entirety of the hull, until they covered the ship entirely in a makeshift gold plate.

"INFINITE MONEY!"

Noah yelled as the Sanity's Edge rushed through the smoke, meeting the white fleet. After Moneypenny's bolstering claim, after which was followed by some sort of crazed battle from Noah, the Sanity's Edge cleaved through the Destroyer as the Edge continued straight on through and towards another of the White Fleets ships, but the Edge could not keep in time with the other ships. Afraid that they may be in the line of fire, Noah continued to tail the second largest ship in order that they would avoid the line of fire. The waves grew fiercer as the Edge began to to swing up and down with the momentum of the waves. as the Edge drew in closer, the door to the lower level opened as a .....a dog!? ran out followed by Kaname. Noah gritted his teeth in reaction, afraid the she too may be in danger.

"Ringer, protect Kaname and Moneypenny! I'm about to send this bad boy so far up this Marine ship's ass...wait...dammit I forgot the pun!"
Aug 10, 2013 4:26 AM

Jul 2008
The searoze had taken a beating in the relentless assault of the marine vessel. Despite being of similiar size and armament, they marines were simply too many for the small elite crew of the Searoze. They had lost the gundeck and was now fighting from the quarterdeck to keep the marines from scaling the stairs.

Captain Pellew had tracked mr. Kaplings movements closely. It was clear that this message held more importance then the lives of the entire crew of the Searoze, which was now leaning heavily to port. Mr. Hammond swung down from the mizzen and hit the deck like a hulking gorilla, before standing up straight like a proper gentleman.
"Sir, she's hold, i dont know how long shes gonna float!" He reported, indicating that the ship had been hit beneath the waterline and was taking in great amounts of water.

Pellew gave some thought to what to do next, and after confirming that Kapling had reached the ironclad he turned to Mr. Hammond and straightened his uniform as if trying to look as respectable as possible.

"Mr. Hammond"
"Sir?"
"Give the order to abandon ship. There is no time for the boats, order the men to dive into the sea and swim for any flotsam they can find. Let's hope Mr. Kapling has more success with the blacksmith then we have with the Marines.."

"Aye aye Captain." Hammond replied, and saluted before inhaling a great amount of air. With a thundering voice he yellew for everyone to abandon ship and leap into the sea from the aft of the ship.

Right then, the explosion of the Destroyer being parted in two grabbed his attention once more. Seeing the ironclad slicing through a ship of that size effortlessly, and just keep trucking on, taking the white fleet head on on its own, made Pellew speechless.

"Good god.. their captain must be the bravest man or possibly the most disturbed person i have ever seen.." Pellew whispered to the wind, having idea there was no MAN captaining Sanity's Edge~

Ringer smiled through the pain in his chest as the gold crept across the Edge's hull and deck. The marvelous amber glint throwing broken waves of light in every direction, a cascade of the purest sparkle, from the finest gold.

"Moneypenny~" He had to giggle, and eyed the wreckage of the first ship they rammed. Its flotsam littering the sea behind.

Seeing how Noah and Diana were working together and kicking ass, he mentally gave himself a bitchslap and straightened his back which had previously been arched forward in pain, reaching his full height.

Finally getting to cause real damage to the marines, Ringer had a moment of nostalgia. His wow to topple the world government was rekindled within him, with images of a burning house, a woman trapped beneath a burning crib and the face of a young Kagari surrounded by fire.

This time, THEY will burn..

His fists clenched as he braced for the impact of the second ship. To the glorious battlecries of Diana and Noah, the golden Edge obliterated the Destroyer before continuing onwards.

"Our enemy is vast, so we will grow.." Ringer mused, and walked calmly towards the bow of the ship. Like a badass, walking away from the explosion and the burning destroyer they had left behind.

"Our enemy is colossal, so we will leap.."

He went over to the railing. As he did, he spotted a marine soldier clinging to the side of the Edge in order to not get left behind. He looked at Ringer with a spiteful look. If looks could kill, Ringer would not be breathing. Eyes of primal hate drilled into Ringer, and his own eyes returned the disgust.

"Our enemy is cruel... so we will kill!"
(Tekkai-Kenpo usage)
In one quick brutal motion, his arm swinging so fast it kicks up a gust of wind, he takes the Marines head clean off of his shoulders with a backhand strike, sending the head flying off and landing on the deck of one of the white fleet ships. Back on the Edge, Ringer took a moment to calm himself and the relentless anger that was released for just a moment. He unclenched his fists and turned his attention to Kapling, standing as steady as a totempole despite the movements of the ship.

"Mr. Kapling..
"Yes Mr. Hammer?"
"Call me Ringer, yer gunna stay with us til you've told me all you know about Kagari Yuuto, understand?" Ringer said with a strict voice. But it didnt sound like a threat, more like he was making sure Marcus Kapling was of the same mind as Ringer.
"Yes sir, i understand. However.." He said, pointing towards the Searoze now leaning so heavily on its side that anyone on deck would easily roll into the water. Behind it, 8 figures could be seen swimming towards the edge. One of which was dragging a female who seemed unconcious, or very very weak.

"My assosiates will require asylum with me. It would be in your interest i believe, since my captain used to be Mr. Yuuto's right hand."

Ringer eyed the swimming pirates. By now, even tho nothing had been said with words, even Ringer had recognized Diana as their captain. And as such, he had a hard time making this descision without consulting her. He deemed the pirates an asset, a risk they could handle if they got out of hand, and gambled that Diana would approve of this.
"Aye, bring them aboard and inside the hull. Out here yer nuthin but target practice bwahaha!"

After laughing his ass off, Ringer descided to try and blow it off completely. Since the swimming pirates would never catch up to the edge at this speed, he figured they needed something to grab onto. With a clever smile on his face, he tied one end of a long rope to the main mast and the other around his waist. He then tied another rope around a 25'pound cannonball still rolling around the deck, and loaded it up into one of the armstrong cannons on deck with what he could scrape together of gunpowder.

He then heard Noah ask him to keep an eye on the girls, and became aware that they were now tailing another white-fleet ship, one which Noah intended to buttram to kingdom come. By now, it was clear Diana needed no protection. And for someone of Ringers size to crawl around inside the hull looking for a girl, it would take hours. He had to think on his feet.

"Marcus, can i call ye that? Take over that order for me, find our newest recruit and keep her buttocks safe for me eh? I gotta bring the rest of our guests to this badass party~" Ringer said, and fired the cannon.

With a boom, the cannonball flew off in the direction of the ship in front of them, wrapping around one of the beams on the mainmast, effectively latching the Edge into the white fleet ship by a 50 meter leash.
"Now atleast they arent going anywhere~ Lets get'im Noah!" He roared, and begun physically pulling the fucking ship closer to them like reeling in a fish. Even for him, it was a big task, as his face was comically contorted and his eyes blodshot as he steadily managed to slow down the fleeing ship enough for Noah to start gaining on it. As the ship slowed down, the edge seemed to speed up, and within seconds the golden bow penetrated the other ship from behind (yes, it fucking did dont try to deny it xD).

The Edge shook and heaved upwards as if hitting a rock, obliterating the rudder and quarterdeck of the ship in front. Ringer however, was once again walking away from the explosion like a badass (becouse badasses do that), this time moving backwards towards the aft of the ship. The rumbling steps of the black hammer at full speed across the iron roof of the gundeck could be heard throughout the fleet like battledrums before Ringer dove into the sea behind them with the rope still tied around his waist, swimming for the other pirates that was still trying to catch up.

Mr. Kapling was amazed at this display of recklessness. He knew pirates were usually known to be a crazy bunch, but even this was way off the norm, and way beyond anything he had seen within the strict and structured Roze Pirates. He could do nothing but feel slightly infected by this.. disease, this illness of the mind that caused them to find such reckless thrill in battle. He felt his nerves lighten a bit as he got distracted for a second by the marvelous gold at his feet. His serious face contorted slightly into a crooked smile, before heading inside the hull to look for the Girl. As he opened the bulkhead and stepped inside, he saw Noah by the helm.

"Oh, hi there, Mr. Hammer told me to find a girl, a newcomer." He said casually and almost derpy, as a cannonball shattered against the deck right outside the now open bulkhead, sending both Marcus Kapling and a shower of shattered cast-iron into the bridge. The force closed the bulkhead behind him as he rolled across the floor, ending up sniffing dust at Noahs feet.
"o-ouch.."
PsynergiAug 17, 2013 5:16 AM
Aug 10, 2013 8:16 AM

Jul 2008
"Good god.. their captain must be the bravest man or possibly the most disturbed person i have ever seen.."

Meanwhile...

Diana's face contorts in concentration and pain. Just maintaining it was akin to moving every single hair on your own body and required her absolute devotion. Some details going on around her are entirely missed,

By this time, the third White Fleet ship was slowly becoming one with the horizon. They probably weren't dumb enough to tangle with someone who would ram ships much larger than their ownjust to make a point, or at least that's how Diana saw it. The battle was over. They had won while firing a single shot. Not quite what she had in mind but it was still close enough.
She relaxes and as soon as she does so, the golden coin armor crumbled, the coins all falling into the sea as Diana is left hunched over, her chest heaving.

She puts her cape on, and then her socks, but not her shoes as they were really heavy and she didn't feel like bothering with them right now. Her gait is slow as though she was in great physical pain, towards the nearby bulkhead. "Noah...stop the ship and have Ringer help those poor sods." She huffs, not aware of the fact that Ringer was already doing just that. "Oh...and if you can get someone to take me to a bed....I would appreciate it."

Then her conciousnes fades and she falls forward, taking a nap where she once stood.
TamoballAug 10, 2013 12:12 PM
Aug 11, 2013 8:35 AM

Mar 2009
After Ringer's exchange with Kapling he proceeded to engage in a series of actions that would be best to classify under the term"badassery". So satisfying were these actions that even Noah's mouth was left agape before Ringer redrew his attention back onto the task at hand.

"Lets get'im Noah!"

Ringer roared as he reeled in the ship within range for the collision. Noah clutched the rudder in preparation for contact until the ship slowed down. From the outside looking in, it seemed as if the Edge sped up, and within seconds the golden bow penetrated the other ship from behind.

The front of the Edge swung upward from the impact as it literally tore a new one into the ship, although it wouldn't quite be new in the sense that the ship was going to shit anyway. Let's just say its fucked, OK? Good!

Noah however was quite puzzled after Ringer jumped into the sea, as Mr. Kapling headed towards the bulkhead.

"Oh, hi there, Mr. Hammer told me to find a girl, a newcomer."

If there was a level of coolness from the poor chap, he was well below the standard, almost in the near embarrassment level. What made matters worse was that a cannonball shattered against the deck right outside the now open bulkhead, sending both Marcus Kapling and a shower of shattered cast-iron into the bridge. The force closed the bulkhead behind him as he rolled across the floor, ending up sniffing dust at Noahs feet.

While maintaining a hold of the rudder, Noah addressed Mr. Kapling so as to "introduce" him into the ship's crew (again).

"OK, if you're riding with us, lemme give you a low down of this gig,

Number one, 'Oh, hi there?' You think I have time for small talk? Now you're on you're ass when you were supposed to find the girl.

Number two, can you steer? I gotta inject some cool to this situation and mellow out the hardcore badassery that's dripping all over this ship."

"Bu-" Mr. Kapling tried to interject.

"Mate, its a wheel, grab it with your hands, its like an instrument, you are the player, she is your vessel. You do, and she follows, its like a fan."

"A fan? Isn't that for air sir?" Added Kapling.

"A fan mate, as in a follower, a lover of what you do, and by the looks of it, you probably don't have much, do you?"

"Well I-," Kapling started.

"The show must go on mate, now lend me a hand while I solo this motherfucker."

"A-a-a-aye!" Mr. Kapling followed.

Just then, the two caught the orders giving by Moneypenny from the bridge.

"Noah...stop the ship and have Ringer help those poor sods." Diana ordered while huffing and wheezing, not aware of the fact that Ringer was already doing just that. "Oh...and if you can get someone to take me to a bed....I would appreciate it."

"Oh, and I almost forgot, number three, always finish with a cool pose," Noah mentioned before jumping onto the railing from the front of the top deck to prepare to hop down onto the bridge to join Moneypenny whom was visibly exhausted.

"No doubt about it, that's our captain," he whispered before giving Kapling a thumbs up accompanied by a smile after which he began his course of action.

"Soru..." he said quietly, kicking off the railing at great speed with which he used to propel himself onto the main deck in front of Diana to catch her before she fell flat on her face. He lifted her onto his arms as she slept from exhaustion.

"Aye-aye captain," he responded softly before carrying her into the bulkhead and into the captain's quarters where he laid her on the bed to rest. After he stepped out of the quarters a thought resurfaced in his mind that he had completely forgotten about before.

"Kaname!"
Aug 15, 2013 5:59 AM

Jul 2008
"Timely, Mr. Hammer. Timely indeed!" Pellew proclaimed as they clung to Ringers rope. In short time he had pulled them all in and helped the others onto the Edge's top deck.

While the remaining crewmembers of the Searoze got their breath back, Ringer took a moment to get updated on their current situation. The wreckage of the marine ships had already sunk behind them, and the final one hit by Diana's attack was just going down before his eyes. It seemed like it was all over for now.

They had gotten lucky. It wasnt the white fleet itself that had showed up, but rather a tiny group of ships that didnt seem related to the Marines that battled the Searoze. Who they were, and why they were there was a mystery for now, as the last White-fleet ship in the group still afloat changed its course and headed for open sea. Ringer figured it was becouse their badassitude had scared them away, but as he turned around and spotted land in the distance, he suddenly had a new theory revealed to him.

The large island that now revealed itself seemed to come to life, or atleast the lighthouse on the southern beach did. Ringer only saw it as a red speck at first, but grabbing a nearby spyglass he saw it what it truly was; Fire.

(Continuation from: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=638167)

Flames erupted from the top of the Lighthouse, like a houndred barrels of oil just went up in flames at the same time. A slow, brilliant burn and not an explosion, it coated the sky in a rozy red. As Ringer observed it, the fireball shrunk and calmed down as a red-pinkish rozy flame keeping the lighthouse lit like normal. Only, it wasnt normal.

From the earlyer flash of rozy fire, three lines had shot out from the lighthouse. Streams of rozy fire, racing across the sky in perfectly straight lines. All three headed in opposite directions, leaving a trail of rozy fire hanging in the sky. The trails werent big, or dazzling. Spanning about a meter in diameter, you probably wouldnt even notice them unless you happened to look at the sky or have a keen eye.

Ringer turned around on deck as one of the rozy trails passed above them, heading out to open sea at a mindboggling speed. Captain Pellew got to his feet and followed the trail with his gaze.

"What the durn is that?" Ringer said amazed, his voice carrying a sense of wonder.

"That.. is the Rozy fire Mr. Hammer."

"The whutnow?"

"The Rozy Fire. It would take some time to explain its function, perhaps we could get out of these wet clothes and get inside for that story, but trust me when i say, seeing this means that something big is about to happen. And i can only fear the consequences it will have upon us all.." Pellew replied thoughtfully.

Ringer showed them inside and found them warm blankets. One of the pirates, a young lad which Ringer had come to know as Foster, was unconcious however. It seemed he was inside the Marine ship when it was blown up, and was knocked out from the blast. Introductions would have to wait for now, as Ringer, Noah and Kaname descided to head for land until Diana could recover. It was also a great chance to get some new clothes for the newly arrived Rozies, some gunpowder for their cannons and the parts Ringer needed to start fiddling with their Engines.

Little did they know, the island they headed for was none other then Voettfang.

(Rest of the post, for those who care about more then the TL;DR version..)

SP Rewards: Split any sp you receive for rokushiki into the physical stats that it uses.

Ringer - tekkai:190 (95sp into str+end)

Noah - soru: 30sp (speed)

Diana - DF: 90sp

HaissemAug 18, 2013 4:20 AM
Aug 17, 2013 12:06 AM

Mar 2009
To his relief Noah was pleased to know that Kaname was found safe and sound along with a newly discovered crew member named “Liddo”. After resting for a short amount of time Captain Moneypenny made sure to tell the forge pirates to “use your damn heads” before falling back asleep for the rest of the journey. Kaname decided to look after the Captain while Ringer had an exchange with Captain Pellew and what was left of his crew. Not particularly interested in the logistics of it all, Noah retreated to the music room, or so he would come to call it. A room filled with an assortment of instruments ranging from a grand piano to a triangle. This place instantly became Noah’s sanctuary, and as such it was not too hard for the other crew members to find him.

After fiddling around with the guitar for several minutes, Noah was interrupted by a knock on the door. “Please,” Noah replied, to which the face of Captain Pellew answered, “Ah, Mr. Noah, I do apologize for the rather hastily interruption, but I could not help but take particular interest in your musical talent. Mr. Hammer informed me that you are quite the skillful musician.” Letting out a soft sigh accompanied by a smirk Noah settled the guitar he held back on a nearby rack before answering Captain Pellew, “I can make a sound or two out of these treasures,” referring to the instruments in the room. “Stupendous!” added Captain Pellew, “then may I most humbly request a favor for you dear sir?” Captain Pellew asked to which Noah gestured with an open right palm to proceed, “Due to the losses we have suffered, I feel from the depths of my heart that we owe those men that perished today a proper send off into the next world. What I ask of you, not as a Captain or a crew member, but as a human being sharing his compassion for the lives of his comrades. Play them a melody, so that their souls can find peace in their next journey.”

Noah stood frozen, or perhaps shaken by the poetry with which Captain Pellew made his plea. So moved he was by the request that it was not until Captain Pellew called out his name several times that he finally answered back. “Oh…uh….sorry mate, a melody….absolutely….,” Noah answered while reaching for the violin. “I am in your debt Mr. Noah. I’ll meet you on the main deck yes?”

-Minutes Later-

It was a tune all too familiar for many a pirate, but a tune that could not have been more fitting after the events that have just unfolded. In silence, Noah gently stroked the strings of the violin with the bow as the melody was carried along the ocean breeze. As Noah was lost in an nostalgic memory, Captain Pellew and his remaining crew lined up in front of Noah, facing the sea in what looked to be a sendoff salute.

“Ready positions, Men! Face! Salute!......Salute!.......Salute!”

[Flashback]

Momma, are pirates really bad people?

:Giggle: No, no, they aren't Noah, they are good pirates too. Even momma was a pirate!

Really!? You must know everything! Everything about the sea, the world, everything!

I don't know everything Noah, only the things I know....

[Flashback End]

The melody continued and so did the sendoff all the way to the shores of Voettfang.
Sep 21, 2013 4:01 AM

Jul 2008
This takes place after the Goldforge Crew left Voettfang Island. Treat Diana as though she didn't notice the thin red lines in the sky.

Diana spent some time in her cabin, alone, and collecting herself before slipping her more expensive clothes on along with her golden shoes. She stopped at the door, taking a deep, methodical breath, and opens the door.

Her eyes were still red from crying, but her face bore a certain look. An expression similar to determination, but even stronger. She had made a decision that she didn't even know she had to make: She couldn't save her family...but she CAN protect her new family; and she would do this at even the cost of her own life.

Here she spots Noah at the helm.

"Noah. Do you see that ship over there? Do you mind taking us in close?" She asks him, pointing out another pirate ship anchored not too far from their current position.
Sep 22, 2013 1:58 AM

Mar 2009
After the events of Voettfang Island, the crew took back to the seas with no particular destination in mind. Noah was at the helm for the moment peacefully steering the ship while fantasizing about the use of his new sword he acquired from the Blacksmith of the lava. His vacation to dream land was cut short however when he heard the door of the captain's quarters swing open revealing their leader dressed in her fanciful getup she approached Noah with a certain "look" in her eyes.

"Looks like the captain is tired, he thought to himself as he gazed into her eyes, but immediately shook off the notion that he was staring when she asked of him.

"Noah. Do you see that ship over there? Do you mind taking us in close?"

"Wh-uh-Ah-Aye! Aye mam!' He responded clumsily.

"Wait, when did that ship get in this close. I must be losing it man...."

And so, he turned the rudder towards the direction of the ship as the Sanity's Edge whipped into the direction of the ship captain money penny pointed out. Noah still felt uneasy from looking at the captain before, and while they continued to sail, he couldn't help but ask her,

"Captain, everything alright? Your eyes look scary, like they're getting ready to sing something fierce."
Sep 22, 2013 5:42 PM

Jul 2008
"'I'm sorry for worrying you. I'll be fine." She answers him, cocking an eyebrow. "How did you know that I can sing?"

She shakes her head. "Nevermind. That's not important."

Diana takes a deep breath as she walks to the bow, her golden shoes clunking heavily against the iron. She takes deep breaths the entire trip, prepping her lungs to do something they haven't done in a very long time.

When she reaches the bow, she pulls out a dial, activating it while filling her lungs with air and singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zp6ml5bxzA

She sang in her homes native language and as the only survivor, only she knew the meaning.

To be continued in the joint thread with the Revolution pirates
TamoballSep 29, 2013 8:31 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Revolution meets Goldforge - A Meeting of Men

Haissem - Sep 22, 2013

5 by MotionBlue »»
Sep 28, 2013 8:19 PM

» The Revolution Pirates (travel thread) ( 1 2 )

Haissem - Jul 13, 2013

75 by Haissem »»
Sep 22, 2013 7:38 PM

» Pirate-arc | Chapter 2: Voettfang ( 1 2 3 4 )

Beyond - Jul 9, 2013

189 by Haissem »»
Sep 22, 2013 5:25 AM

» Shipwreck Island ((Midnight Pirates Island. If you want to join then shoot me a message.))

baxter09 - Sep 15, 2013

1 by ender95 »»
Sep 20, 2013 6:36 PM

» Noah and Ringers chronicles - The Goldforge Secret (Invite only)

Psynergi - Sep 2, 2013

2 by Psynergi »»
Sep 3, 2013 1:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.