Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 13, 2013 7:53 PM

Dec 2009
This is where the crew of the "Revolution Pirates" will be posting whilst they are on their ship travelling from island to island.

CHAPTER 1 - TO SAWTOOTH ISLE
HaissemAug 5, 2013 5:37 AM
"A sentence is like skirt length. The shorter the better, but it has to cover all of the important bits" - Some guy, learnt from Tali
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 13, 2013 8:12 PM

Dec 2009
As soon as the crew had hit open water Xerridah and his men had went below deck leaving Shinobu and Axis to do what they will.

"you know Shinobu, I ate a devil fruit..... Not that I know what it did."

for the next couple hours Axis did all tat he could think of, trying to turn into animals by pretending to be one, controlling the elements by envisioning creating some n his hand and finally he had resorted to simple stuff like running and jumping trying to find an obscure paramecia power. All to no avail until when he was walking about the deck he trip over some rope and stood up again. something didn't feel right, his arm felt...lighter. He look and suddenly realized he had dislocated his shoulder however he had felt no pain.

"Whaa.."

And just like that his shoulder reconnected. Without saying anything else he deducted that his power must be related to his body somehow, specifically something to do with his limbs. The easiest way to do this would be to dislocate something again but not by tripping over some rope but by thinking about it. Sure enough simply by thinking about it Axis was able to dislocate and re-locate his wrist.

"Hey Shinobu, watch this!"

As soon as she looks over Axis concentrates and dislocates his shoulder. Well he had intended only his shoulder when suddenly all the joints in his body decided to dislocate and he crumpled onto the deck and burst out laughing and began to pull himself back together.

"It appears I can dislocate my joints at will."

Devil Fruit
HaissemJul 26, 2013 10:36 AM
"A sentence is like skirt length. The shorter the better, but it has to cover all of the important bits" - Some guy, learnt from Tali
Jul 13, 2013 9:39 PM

Feb 2010
Shinobu looks surprised when Axis collapses, regardless, she claps for his achievement. Even if all he had achieved was probable self-harm.

"Good for you."

There was a brief pause, the salted wind blowing across the deck. Shinobu checked her collar out of habit, cocked her head, knotted her fingers together and rolled back and forth between the balls of her feet and her heels.

"Can you do it again?"
"If you can't accept the worst - what else will you accept?"

"People like to tell me darkness is the absence of light, so i tell them - darkness can only be found in the presence of light" - Amane Chiyo
Jul 13, 2013 10:20 PM

Dec 2009
"Sure"

No you can't

Axis once again focuses and collapses to the ground in a grotesque shamble of what's supposed to be a human before reforming.

"There has to be more to this ability."

As with when first trying to discover the ability Axis set about trying all sorts of things for the next hour before getting to the bottom of the barrel.

"Wait a second... I'm pretty sure Diana called it the spin-spin fruit back at the merchants, how could i forget?"

Axis dislocates his arm and begins to spin his arm around like a windmill however before he could stop it the spinning revved up incredibly fast and before he knew it he had a whirling arm-saw at his side.

"Whoa!"

As quickly as it had started it slowed down and stopped again.

"Spin-spin fruit ay? Let's see if I can do it."

Slowly Axis dislocates his wrist and focuses on spinning his now dislocated hand like a drill; paying mind to keep it slow. Sure enough his hand slow begins to rotate and as he grows more confident he speeds it up until it becomes a whirling drill and holds it up proudly to Shinobu.

"Look Shinobu, I call it the hand drill! I wonder...."

Curiosity got the better of him as he walks over to the railing and hovers the tip of the hand drill over the rail. Bracing for the pain that surely must follow he lowers his hand and to his amazement there is not only no pain but it drills through the would with ease, piercing straight through the railing.

"Now this....is a power."

Devil Fruit
HaissemJul 26, 2013 10:36 AM
Jul 14, 2013 5:58 AM

Feb 2010
When Axis repeated his flop Shinobu looked worried that nobody was recording the events. She could not find anything to write with so she made a mental note of the experiment and went to look for some food. When she returned Axis was spinning his arm around like a length of rope. It looked painful enough to make Shinobu cringe for a moment.

"That can't be healthy."

After sitting down and beginning to gnaw on some left over bread Shinobu watched the freak show unfold.

Axis: "Look Shinobu, I call it the hand drill! I wonder...."

"It looks more painful than hand drill."

Axis rebuked her comment by drilling through the rail.

Painful hand drill?"

Axis: "Now this.... is a power."

Shinobu looked skeptical.

"With great power comes great stupidity. Jenkins told me that once. I think he was right."
Shadow543Jul 14, 2013 6:05 AM

"People like to tell me darkness is the absence of light, so i tell them - darkness can only be found in the presence of light" - Amane Chiyo
Jul 15, 2013 6:34 AM

Dec 2009
Grasping the concepts of the fruits power rather quickly Axis set about trying to use the power efficiently. Practicing making his limbs spins in one smooth action rather than the two separate stages of dislocation and rotation. It wasn't long before Axis had the transformation between normal and drillman down pat.

Having practiced to the point where he was confident he could use the ability in combat Axis decided to incorporate the hand drills into his rokushiki practice routine. By spinning his finger as he performed shigan he discovered that the shigan's power was increased rather dramatically however the biggest discovery was in his usage of the rankyaku whilst his leg was spinning.

Rather than a single slice being propelled from the leg the rotation of the leg caused the wave to apply to the entire surface area around the leg; not just the normal front surface. This resulted in a wave of air pressure being rolled off the leg when the ranykaku was fired. So rather instead of a slice the spinning rankyaku fired a wide and high wave of pure buffeting force.

"I think I'll call it the Spin-Spin Wave"

That's a stupid name and you know it. This fruit isn't going to make you stronger you will still be weak like you always have been

Instead of practicing his rokushiki as a whole Axis had now instead decided to focus the rest of the trip into practicing his spin-spin wave and trying to get it to reach a greater level of power.

Devil Fruit
Rokushiki
HaissemJul 26, 2013 10:37 AM
Jul 15, 2013 11:01 PM

Feb 2010
Shinobu spent the majority of her time carefully monitoring her vitals or looking for water. She could not vent on a wooden ship without the risk of it sinking and overheating was not a better option. A lack of food, nevertheless, was something she could do little about. What little she could do was to preserve her energy. Which lead to sitting down monitoring her vitals. Watching Axis was entertaining when she got bored of reading numbers and calculating. Until Axis started doing stupid things, like using Rokushiki, and Shinobu was hit with a burst of wind, interrupting her sit-and-monitor plan.

Axis: "I think I'll call it the Spin-Spin Wave"

"Call it whatever you want, just Spin-Spin away, I'm trying hard not to explode here."

Again

Shinobu relocated herself to a spot where she could no longer see Axis, which also mean she was safe from more Spin-Spin related problems. Probably.

Jul 16, 2013 4:45 AM

Jul 2008
On deck, a random barrel begun wiggling back and forth. Gently at first, then increasing in ferocity until the lid popped open like a champagne bottle. With a few more wiggles, the barrel fell over and rolled across the deck towards where Axis were derping with the human reactor.

"Kyah! *Gasps for air* i thought i was gonna DIE in there!!"

A girl crawls out from the barrel onto the deck in front of Axis and Shinobu. Seasick as hell, she had a hard time staggering to her feet. She was so focused on her balance, and trying to develop good sealegs, that she only now noticed the other two.

Her body seemed to freeze, like a thief just caught redhanded.
"Eh-ehehe, hello there~"

She immediately changed her tone to something more polite, and briefly bowed to them both in dramatic fashion like an actress. She had simple clothing, almost tomboyish in appearance that looked fitting for a nimble thief. Despite her simple garments, her face and hair was exquisite to such a degree one could wonder if they had received the finest and most expensive care money can buy. Her eyes were a sparkly blue like the oceans they sailed, and her hair was blonde, almost reaching her shoulders. A very pretty girl by any standard, carrying a roughness inherited from a life on the streets.

"Names Nova Bloom! I ate the bounce bounce fruit, i'm a Bouncygirl!" She says politely, with a hint of excitement. All the while eyeing all the delicious things to steal around the ship

Crew-reward: NPC

This is Nova, a crew reward unlocked by Haissem on Spin-Spin island. She can be used like any other npc, but costs no SP and can be shared by all crewmembers.

Her only restriction is that she cannot be used to assist in the most important story-battles against other members to gain an unfair advantage in a battle that wouldve otherwise been fair.

Take good care of her~
PsynergiJul 16, 2013 4:58 AM
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known" -Carl Edward Sagan
Jul 18, 2013 4:04 AM

Feb 2010
Xerridah Frhostborn ascended the stairs to end up standing in front of Axis and friends, his entourage following shortly behind. His eyes passes over the three including the stole-away as if it was completely normal, and even tiring to have happened. He either didn't notice their was a stole away on the boat or had known about her all along, though it was doubtful that he would have missed her coming aboard with the others.

Xerridah's eyes fell heavily onto the girl and pointed to the side of the ship seemingly furious. Did he know that she had stolen away?

"It will be dangerous for everyone if you cough your guts on the deck, go over the railing before something...unpleasant happens."

He then looks to the others and draws his sword, it hardly made a sound as it skidded from its scabbard and found its way being held in front of him point down, the dark material seeming to glow and shimmer iridescently with colour.

"As custom among my people, if you wish to contest captaincy it will be through a feat of skill, strength and wisdom in combat. If not captaincy, you can still spar with any of my crew members."

Xerridah waved his hand across his crew, two stood out from the rest, one in white with a silver mask and gold eyes, the other in opposing colours.

"I am Xerridah Frhostborn born of winter on an undiscovered island in the calm belt. These are my family, crew and people. Call me whatever respectable name you will, though most rough-water folk find it easier to call me Frost."

As he introduced himself his piercing golden eyes glimmered as they smoothly looked over the newcomers.

Observation Haki
JyenhAug 3, 2013 6:15 PM
"I come for all who grow, crawl, and walk. I am the perfect hunter. In the end, I am the victor."

Jul 18, 2013 8:54 AM

Dec 2009
Axis was surprised when something came sprawling out of the barrel; even more so when he realized just who it was.

"Names Nova Bloom! I ate the bounce bounce fruit, i'm a Bouncygirl!"

"Bouncygirl huh? The same that tried to smash the fruit into the pavement. Lucky I'm a good catch."

Before Nova could reply Xerridah reappeared above deck and announced his conditions, and the shot at captaincy.

"Well Frost, my names Axis, this here is Shinobu....."

He indicates towards Shinobu

"... and Nova"

Once again indicating towards the correct person.

"As for your custom I am not interested in becoming captain however it's always nice to know what the man your travelling with is made out of."

Axis left the sentence open ended; assuming from his speech that Frost was not so stupid as to miss the implication.
Jul 18, 2013 8:58 AM

Feb 2010
Shinobu was in shock after seeing the girl explode from the barrel. Not that anyone could tell. But it did cause her to mishear things. And not notice things, like Frost and his crew. They were ignored almost completely.

"A bunny-girl? But you don't have the ears or little fluffy tail." she said while looking to make sure she didn't have any hidden ears or little fluffy tails.

For good measure Shinobu rubbed her cheek up against Nova's and when she failed to react as if she had cuddled a bunny, she was now convinced.

"You are not a bunny-girl!" she accused, with a tinge of disappointment.

"No. Bouncy-girl! Bo-un-cy-gi-rl. Though I wouldn't object to a rabbit. You don't have any rabbits on board?" Nova replies, her eyes still scoping and calculating.

"So you don't have ears or a little fluffy tail then?"

"Not unless you glue them on."

"Ok. I will look for some glue."

Shinobu went off searching for glue and something to symbolize bunny ears and that little fluffy tail they had. Nova sighed for effect but immediately began sneaking over to some un-guarded barrels to examine their contents.

Jul 18, 2013 2:48 PM

Feb 2010
Frost closed his eyes, his head falling slightly as he pondered Axis' suggestion.

Hmm. My men may not respect me as much if I lose here, but it would be worse and could create some bad outcomes if I don't know how he fights...what if one of them is a reckless fighter, and thus i need to restrain them, or if one of them uses powers they can't control and kill us all in a moment of bravery, or even worse yet, what if one of them....

As his thoughts continued he snapped back into reality and looked to the 3, though two of them didn't seem interested in the matter.

"I agree, I need to know who I will be fighting beside, it is unwise to go into battle with untested forces. The battlefield will be this boat. The only condition is that no one is allowed to take action if it may cause harm to the ship."

Though people are still obstacles to overcome...

Frost handed one of the robed men his long coat to reveal intricate leather garments underneath as he stood with his sword in both hands raising it slightly above his head in preparation for battle.

(I'm going to watch to see how you guys rp little ms bounce till i get a grasp of her.)
"I come for all who grow, crawl, and walk. I am the perfect hunter. In the end, I am the victor."

Jul 18, 2013 5:33 PM

Dec 2009
"Let's get this going then."

Not waiting for Frost to make the first move Axis dashes forward, keeping his center of gravity low for maximum control as he thrusts his right arm forward with his index finger extended.

"Shigan"

As Axis starts the shigan he finger spins up to speed increasing the potency of the shigan.

Devil Fruit
Rokushiki
HaissemJul 26, 2013 10:38 AM
Jul 18, 2013 9:41 PM

Feb 2010
As Axis agreed, Frost had a 'gut feeling' (haki) that he needed to dodge his first attack, he didn't know what it was until Axis thrust his arm straight for him.

Axis was too low to evade by ducking or bending backwards, and the thrust, while it wasn't so fast he couldn't detect it, it was fast enough that he could parry or redirect it. Thus he decided to go with his 'instincts' and evaded, trusting that blocking would be futile.

Frost in a fluid movement outstretched a leg in a long stride, though it seemed slow to begin, the leg pulled the rest of his body to it quickly, snapping him back into a straight position facing Axis once more as if he were a supple tree, dodging the thrust.

"Gods bless this blade!"

In an instant his blade was consumed with fire, the glowing colours tinting the flames as the blade descended towards Axis, letting the weapons weight do the work for him whilst still preserving his strength to redirect the sword for blocking or parrying.

Observation Haki
JyenhAug 3, 2013 6:16 PM

Jul 18, 2013 10:03 PM

Feb 2010
Shinobu returned to Nova, who was head first inside a barrel with her legs dangling out and waving around to keep her balanced. Instead of making her presence known she bumped into Nova and toppled her into the barrel. Shinbou waited until she was upright before speaking.

"I couldn't find any glue, but I did find a carrot."

"Why did you push me in?"

"Sorry, I tripped."

"No, you did it on purpose."

Instead of replying Shinobu calmly put the lid back on the barrel, sealing Nova inside. A moment later Nova popped out of the barrel again, just like when she had arrived.

"Why did you do that!?" Nova yelled.

"I wanted to see you do that again."

"You could have just asked." she grumbled, crossing her arms.

"I mean, sorry, my hand slipped."

"No it didn't!"

Shinobu smiled blankly at Nova who was starting to fume. The rest of Frost's crew were split between watching their leader fight and trying to figure out what the two girls were doing. None of them seemed too keen on hitting a lady. Even if she was small and bouncy or had a mechanical arm.
Shadow543Jul 19, 2013 1:45 AM

Jul 18, 2013 10:28 PM

Dec 2009
After noticing the high guard in Frosts initial stance Axis had assumed this is how he would respond, by cutting downwards at him, if he took a low stance. Using he low center of gravity as a balancing point axis balances on the ball of his left foot briefly as he first spins at his ankle all the way to his left, spinning away from the downwards blade.

Not stopping there however Axis instantly speeds up the spin as soon as he is clear of the blade, spinning in a complete 360 to take Frost's legs out from underneath him. the 'kick' however will not stop after frost is tripped, Axis will continue to spin like an over sized buzzsaw until he cancels the rotation.

Devil Fruit
HaissemJul 26, 2013 10:38 AM
Jul 18, 2013 10:53 PM

Feb 2010
Frost started to fall forward after being tripped by Axis' initial low-kick as he thrust his sword into the deck, the hard, sharp blade biting into it easily, the dull edge countering the spinning rotation that was to come. While still in the air Frost used his momentum to circle over top the pivot point which was his sword getting to the opposite side of Axis rotation.

From his gauntlet came a shield of ice as he started to thrust his fist towards his foe. When fully extended the shield would land a hard hit into Axis' stomach that would knock him over/back.

Jul 18, 2013 11:02 PM

Dec 2009
As Frost slams the sword into the deck Axis stops the spin inches before the blade and starts to return to a standing position when Frost slams his shield into Axis' chest and sends him sprawling onto his back.

Not wasting a moment Axis scrambles back to his feet and starts to rotate his right leg.

"Spin-Spin Wave!"

Axis performs a rankyaku whilst keeping his leg spinning resulting in a wave of buffeting energy being sent rolling towards Frost, hopefully buying time for Axis to think of his next move.

Devil Fruit
Rokushiki
HaissemJul 26, 2013 10:39 AM
Jul 18, 2013 11:23 PM

Feb 2010
When Frost knocked Axis down he assumed a defensive stance, his shield in front of him. At such close range and the power of the blast of air Axis sent his way Frost could not hope to advance, and thus planted his feet on the deck and endured the blast as it buffeted his shield, pushing him back a very slight distance.

However whilst immobile Frost was using his time wisely as he was charging the dials on his shield and a moment later his sword. The whirring of the dials couldn't be heard over the blast until it had past, but by then it may be too late as the dials on the shield propelled Frost towards Axis even against more blasts to hopefully knock him off balance, guard or his feet.

Frost's flaming sword was positioned behind him preparing for what would be a thrust, the whirring sound the dials on its guard hitting their peak - they would soon release a burst of air.

Jul 19, 2013 2:02 AM

Dec 2009
May as well try it

It won't work

Axis reaches his arm behind his back, dislocating it to speed up the process, and pulls out the wrench from behind his back. Grasping it by the ring at the end in one hand and holding it out in front of him Axis spins his hand. The Wrench being spun forming a spinning metal shield of sorts.

Whilst waiting for Frost to finish his attack Axis was preparing his next move.

Devil Fruit
Jul 19, 2013 2:43 AM

Feb 2010
Frost's shield deflected off of the metal spinning bar, and he watched a short while to direct his blade and let the dials release their burst of air.

The sword flash quicker than the normal eye could follow as it hit the top of the wrench, whilst the metal weapon still spun and even deflected the blow of the sword off to the side, the power, speed and momentum of the sword unbalanced the circular motion of the wrench, jerking Axis' wrist and forearm and redirecting the head of the wrench's head towards Axis's head.

There was a moment where Frost's guard was open when his sword bounded of the spinning wrench, but he quickly righted himself by using the momentum to swing to his left (shield side) to put his shield up, allowing the swords momentum to carry it to be ready for a strong, sweeping, diagonal slash upwards from right to left.

Jul 19, 2013 6:13 PM

Dec 2009
As Frost knocks the wrench off course Axis simply stops the spin dead in its tracks, it is after all his devil fruit power though that did not fail to surprise him when willing it to stop actually worked.

Seeing Frost momentarily off balance Axis spins his arm again however this time towards Frost, spinning the head of the wrench downwards onto Frost.

Devil Fruit
Jul 20, 2013 12:32 AM

Feb 2010
Shinobu started to nibble on the carrot while Nova stared her down. Which eventually broke the animosity. It was hard to be mad at Shinobu when she was pretending to eat like a rabbit, she looked innocent.

"Hey..."

"Shinobu."

"I know what your name is."

"Of course you do. I was just finishing your sentence."

"But I wasn't going to say that."

"But I did."

"Ok. Fine. Hey Shinobu."

"Yes?"

"I know where we can find something better than that carrot."

"Two carrots? Or some glue?"

Nova closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Possibly." she said.

Shinobu perked up and bit a large chunk off the carrot.

"After you, Bunny."

The two went off below deck arguing about Nova's name and whether she was or was not a Bunny.

Jul 20, 2013 6:31 PM

Feb 2010
The wrench hit the edge of Frost's shield, pushing him off balance and going under the rest if the spinning attack as he then tucked into a forward roll, leaping off of the ground and spinning to end up facing Axis a few meters away, giving a bit of distance between them and stopping the momentum of the beating he was getting.

Frost just entered a defensive position as he started to analyse Axis more closely.

Jul 20, 2013 10:14 PM

Dec 2009
Axis relaxes and puts his wrench away.

"I give, It's quite evident you have more training than I and I only just acquired these devil fruit powers."

Excuses, you're a loser and you know it

Axis took to scanning the horizon and when unable to see anything remembered the logpose that Diana had thrown to him as they had parted ways. Axis pulls out the blue logpose and stares at intensely for awhile.

"Does anyone know how to use this?"
Jul 21, 2013 12:59 AM

Feb 2010
Frost relaxed, 'sensing' that Axis wasn't trying some sort of ploy, withdrawing his weapons.

"Although I may have training, you have the 'God's Boon,' it makes for a tough fight, you had me on the run. I wasn't sure how to get around that defence."

Axis raised the logpose and Frost raised his wrist, showing a similar, or the same one.

"I have one myself, it's essentially the same as a normal logpose but with 3 destinations shown. Though I've been told that if we are in search of a better ship we should head to the island this arrow is pointing at."

Frost walks up to Axis and points out the location.

Observation Haki
(back to normal posting: shadow next)
JyenhAug 3, 2013 6:18 PM

Jul 21, 2013 7:31 AM

Feb 2010
Nova and Shinobu rummaged around below deck.

"Found any?"

"No. You?"

"Nothing edible."

"Not edible in general, or just you wouldn't eat it."

"It is worth more if you don't eat it."

"Ah. So you can eat it."

"If you're an idiot."

"Gimme. I want to try."

"No. It's mine. I found it."

"I'll trade you for whatever this sticky stuff is."

"No! Don't lick..."

"Salty."

"...that..."

"Deal?"

"Hell no."

"Can I at least lick yours?"

"Stop licking things!"

The argument could be heard from above if anyone was listening closely.

Jul 21, 2013 8:35 AM

Dec 2009
And so the the Revolution Pirates went on an Adventure, sailing into the unknown on a piece of information provided to them by a stoned bomb-gone-dial dealer hoping to find the rumored Sawtooth Island, home of the blood steel and famous shipbuilders.

-zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooom-

Ding! Please watch your step as you exit the vehicle and enter the Island.
HaissemAug 5, 2013 5:37 AM
Jul 26, 2013 10:41 AM

Dec 2009
CHAPTER 1 END

Rewards: Split any sp you receive for rokushiki into the physical stats that it uses.

Axis : Shigan - 40sp
Rankyaku - 40sp
Devil Fruit - 160sp

Frost: Observation Haki - 60sp

Shinobu: Devil Fruit - 20sp

CHAPTER 2 - Onto Voettfang
HaissemAug 17, 2013 7:28 AM
Aug 8, 2013 8:25 PM

Feb 2010
Frost's foot had to step back from the pull of the motion, but he didn't fall, and a smirk came over his face. He had left a small pouch of 3 thick gold coins on the bench where the ship was manufactured, though not enough to pay for it in full, it was at least enough to pay for the bloodsteel. The wood and labour would go unpaid, but how Frost saw it was that the shipwrights lost a challenge of knowledge and intellect, not deserving payment as they weren't wise enough. This was the Snoughkrest way, and so too was it the way of his people.

Once they reached open water they began to slow and Frost journeyed to Axis position. Looking around he was expecting his old crew, but they had decided to turn back and allow Frost to complete the rest of his journey using his own power. The new world was too dangerous a place for those who were faint of heart and lacking strength. He was now a part of the Revolution Pirates.

"What will happen when you get too tired to power this thing? Could you explain how it works?"

Aug 9, 2013 6:54 AM

Feb 2010
Nova and Shinobu had both made it to the ship before being left behind. Nova even found some unattended pouches of gold which she took the time to pilfer and add to her collection. Shinobu appeared to take no notice of anything else once she was aboard the ship. She went below deck to look for food and a nice quiet place to invent and did not come back up.
After following her to the food, Nova went off on her own to claim a corner of the ship as her own and start work on her stash.

Aug 10, 2013 1:51 AM

Dec 2009
When Frost came down to the engine room to find Axis he could see sweat beading atop Axis' forehead; obviously getting tired. Axis assumes this is what sparked Frost's question.

"What will happen when you get too tired to power this thing? Could you explain how it works?"

Axis stopped his arms and legs spinning and pulled them out of the sockets.

"You see these for sockets here? They are basically giant cogs that connect to other cogs so that when they spin they power the propeller underneath the ship which in turns propels us forwards."

Axis sits on the chair normally having a small rest.

"When I stop the momentum of the ship will carry us for a while, depending on the current as to whether we are with it or against it but it will not go without power. If I get to tired we simply have to drift until I recover."

Axis could see the furrows in Frost's forehead when he said this, nobody liked to be dead in the water.

"Which is why I plan to make some kind of device that can store up my spin, like charge up a mechanism that continues to spin well after I stop spinning myself. I just need somewhere to start, some idea that could perhaps keep the engine running without myself as power. Perhaps some kind of alternate power."

Axis dribbles off into ramblings and mutterings under his breath as he places his arms and legs back into the sockets and powers the ship once more; still mumbling and muttering over the problem of how to power the engine without his spin.
Aug 10, 2013 5:35 AM

Feb 2010
Frost had gotten worried by Axis' answer to his question, but then he let on about his future plans which sparked a memory of Frost's.

"A year ago when I was in the South Blue I made port at an island that used windmills to give light to glass orbs in their houses and other tasks. I'm guessing the light was some sort of energy. The windmills spin, so do you, are you thinking something like that?"

Frost was trying to recall the details, though he had seen the insides it wasn't too clear. After all, he didn't fully understand the concepts of energy, much less electricity that the South Blue islanders used.

Aug 11, 2013 11:28 PM

Dec 2009
Axis seemed to ignore Frost as he kept mumbling to himself; in fact he was so deep in thought he didn't even hear what Frost had said.

"..and if that goes there..no, no no."

"..it should hold the power if......"

"...if it could generate enough........"

This rambling continued for a long time all the while Axis continued to power the ship at a slow and steady pace so as not to wear himself out.
Aug 12, 2013 2:58 AM

Feb 2010
When no answer came, Frost simply walked back onto the deck of the ship. A cool chill in the air made him feel as though the 3 of them and their crew were so small in this ocean. Yet, tales said the Pirate King was a man who mastered the very same ocean. His power must have been unfathomable.

Rather than wasting his time standing around doing nothing though, Frost set himself to training, specifically getting familiar with the design of the ship as he ran atop cables and ropes. Even the mast though there were no sails. Whilst doing this he went through a series of slow-movements with his sword and body, and every now and then practised those movements in fast repetition.

Though this was probably the most noticeable part of his training, he was also in a trance like state, his blade hovering through air currents, his mind calming itself until he had complete focus. He would train both mind, body and soul the next few days whilst on the ocean. He learned how powerful the foes were on this ocean already.
JyenhAug 12, 2013 5:30 AM

Aug 12, 2013 4:22 AM

Dec 2009
The trip for Axis was long and tiring. His time split between eating sleeping and operating the ships spin engine. It was when Axis was sleeping that they started to drift of course, or rather began to get pulled off course by a current.

Axis was woken by the fervent shaking of the Navigator, Liza (lie-za).

Liza: "We need you on the engine Axis! We're being pulled by the current."

Liza notices Axis's blue log pose that he had acquired on spin-spin island and quickly picks it up and looks at it.

Liza: "These readings...... plus the current...... I think we may be stuck in the Voettfang currents. We're stuck in them now if that's the case, we'll have to ride them out to the destination."

Liza tossed the log pose back to Axis and ran back up on deck.

Axis tucked the log pose back in his pocket, wondering how it fell out in the first place, and got to his feet and followed Liza up onto the deck.

Upon arriving on deck the crew was finishing up the preparations to go with the current and had readied for whatever awaited them at the end of the current.
Aug 12, 2013 4:23 AM

Dec 2009
CHAPTER 2 END

Rewards:

Axis: Devil Fruit: 40sp

Frost: 0sp

Shinobu: 0sp

CHAPTER 3 - Into the Unknown
HaissemSep 3, 2013 1:44 AM
Sep 3, 2013 1:50 AM

Dec 2009
Axis powered the ship till he was outside of Voettfang's currents and went topside to joining the rest of the crew. Upon arriving topside Axis noticed both Nova and Shinobu were not present and was informed by one of the crew that both had last been seen going below deck into their own tinker room. Axis smiled and couldn't wait to see what she would produce with all the time she has spent in there.

Axis spots Frost and waves to him.

"Frost! I got something for you on the island."

Axis leads him to wear the crew had piled any of the non-supplies and showed Frost the small box contain 7 dials.

"I got no idea what they do but I'm sure you do."

Upon closer inspection Frost would discover he actually only knows what 6 of the 7 dials do.
Sep 3, 2013 1:59 AM

Jul 2008
Kheratani stood in the Crows Nest, thoroughly enjoying the view. She leans back and watches the clouds roll on passed them.

This was the ideal place for her. Her keen eyes could find things in the far distance and she had a better view of the sky, and thus a better ability to navigate for her new extended family.
Sep 3, 2013 2:05 AM

Feb 2010
"Indeed. I saw them at the merchant's stall. This one here is a propulsion dials...I almost burst out laughing when he said they came from the sky. They are from my homeland."

Frost picked one of the dials up and inspected it.

"This one...I'm not sure. I don't think it's a dial from our land."

He hands it over to Axis and points to certain areas describing the basics of dials to him.

"...You may have more use of it than I, since that's about all I know."

Frost leaned over the one of the dials, picking it up in his arms.

"The size of these can keep a lot of wind (as in winding something up). They will probably even reverse wind allowing it to keep going..."

Frost turned it over in his hands before drooping it accidentally and had an epiphany when he saw the floor and the dial together.

"Axis...what would you say to being on a Flying Scavenger?"

(dials received: unidentified dial, breath dial, impact dial, axe dial, heat dial, lamp dial, fire dial)
JyenhSep 7, 2013 3:48 AM

Sep 3, 2013 2:49 AM

Dec 2009
"Flying... no, no, no. Well not yet. Just dials wouldn't do it, would need some kind of supplementary lift. But first I need to get this generator made as well as the storage device."

Axis starts thinking for awhile.

"Bah another time, it's time to relax after that island"
Sep 3, 2013 3:46 AM

Feb 2010
Frost was confounded. To him it seemed as though Axis had already considered the idea. Though he did have a point the 6 dials wouldn't be enough to make the ship levitate.

"I see."

Frost placed the dial back on the ground and went to his normal spot at the front of the ship. Soon he noticed a small crate bobbing in the water, knocking against the side of the boat. Without notifying anyone, Frost simply got a piece of rope and glided down to the box, retrieved it, and scaled back up the boat.

Sooner than expected, Frost reappeared in front of Axis.

"Do you know if this fruit tastes any good? Looks tropical."

In his hands Frost held a Ultramarine Violet fruit with a wavy teal pattern that made it nearly impossible to tell if the fruit was purple with a blue pattern, or blue with a purple pattern. The only way one could tell was that the base of the fruit was purple. So, saying the paterm was similar to a zebra's wouldn't be far off.
JyenhSep 3, 2013 3:53 AM

Sep 3, 2013 4:53 AM

Dec 2009
Axis takes a look at the fruit, poking and prodding it and even slicing it open to have a look at it.

"This is a devil fruit, though I have no idea what it does. It looks similar to the ones that they used at the facility shinobu was in but more.... natural i guess."

"Eat it if you want but I got no idea what powers it will give you."
Sep 3, 2013 5:15 AM

Feb 2010
Frost looked at the fruit as well, prodding it with his finger.

"It looks...delicious...royal...noble..."

It picks up a piece of the cut fruit and eats it, the foul taste filling his eyes with tears as he swallows. Then all of a sudden, flashes of colour, yet strangely no disorientation. It was as if his brain was programmed to experience the world in the new way he saw it. And smelled, felt, heard and tasted it. He seemed to have gained a new sense.

Then he realised what it was. It was the fabled ability that allowed one to see into the hearts of others. When he came to this conclusion the tears fell freely down his face as he collapsed to the deck bowing, murmuring a prayer of sorts.

(Devil Fruit)
JyenhSep 3, 2013 8:12 AM

Sep 3, 2013 7:07 AM

Dec 2009
Axis watches Frost's reaction and cautiously tip toes around him and out of the cabin leaving Frost to his own devices.

Axis heads to the bow of the ship where there is a nice open space and begins to practice his rokushiki. First he opens up by practicing his shigan, repeating the maneuver several times before moving onto rankyaku working on making the action swifter and sharper.

Lastly Axis added his spin power to the mix and repeated the actions whilst rotating his finger for shigan and his leg for rankyaku.

(Shigan, Rankyaku, DF)
Sep 3, 2013 8:04 AM

Jul 2008
On a whim, Khera looks down from the crows nest and spots Axis training. Watching him, she idly wondered if he could teach her some of those special movements...until he starts spinning his body into unnatural positions.

She smiles nonetheless and decides to give it a shot. She jumps out of the nest and lands on her feet, shifting her momentum into a roll before casually strutting over to Axis. "Yo~ Mind if I train with you?" She asks him, hoping to learn the rokushiki he was using.
Sep 3, 2013 8:11 AM

Feb 2010
After the tears dried from Frost's eyes he stood up and looked around with his new sight. Everything has an 'air' about them, some may call it an aura, though that wasn't quite right either. Frost's tactile, olfactory, auditory, gustatory, and optical senses had all become able to sense emotion, as if it were normal.
His normally keen perception was now heightened, he saw colours whirling or zigzagging, he smelled bitter and sour, he heard crackling and screeching, felt tickling sensations over his body...but he wasn't game enough to lick something in case it would taste horrible.

He soon walked outside with this new ability, an enhancement to his God Sight. He sensed many of the people on the boat, not just via the sound of their emotions, but somehow he started to understand them like a language, honing is observation haki so he sensed their presence.

(Devil Fruit, observation haki)

Sep 3, 2013 8:13 AM

Dec 2009
Axis looks at Kheratani, the new crew member, as she approaches him and askes to join him.

"sure, I only know shigan and rankyaku myself but I plan to master them all."

Axis restarts his routine, starting with the normal shigan. This time he goes alot slower and explains the movements to kheratani as he does them. He repeats the movements of the shigan several times so that she can watch and get the hang of it.

After watching he copy him he moves onto the rankyaku and explains the base pose and how to move into the kick to release the attack. As with the shigan he performs the rankyaku slowly so she can follow and repeating it several times.

(Shigan, Rankyaku)
Sep 3, 2013 8:39 AM

Jul 2008
"I don't know any rokushiki, I'm afraid. Would you teach me?" She asks him innocently enough, taking off her cloak and setting her chain spear onto the floor so as not to be weighed down.

She takes note of the movements, copying them as he goes in order to get the hang of it. After all, she was always a kinetic/observational learner.

When she starts getting the hang of the Shigan's movements, Axis moves on to the rankyaku. She has problems at first due to her usually not using her legs in a combat situation but once the stiffness melts away, her movements become more fluid.

(Should I treat this as sp for both? If so...)

(Shigan, Rankyaku)
Sep 3, 2013 8:59 AM

Feb 2010
Frost made his way to the front of the boat where Kheratani and Axis were training. He already knew where they were before they came into view strangely enough, though now he could see how different each of their emotional states were. There were whisps of emotion flowing from both of them in different way, different colours, smells and multiple other things.

As he watched them, he picked out one emotional state and how it affected the aura. He found out though by instinct, his senses cried out to him in conjunction with his ability and he somehow knew what emotional state was being portrayed. The intent to kill. Soon he was predicting their movements with his Godsight quite dependably.

Interesting...

Frost, without realising it, started to exude an emotion of curious. He would draw a similar type of attention as a cat watching a frog jump.

(Observation Haki, Devil Fruit)

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Revolution meets Goldforge - A Meeting of Men

Haissem - Sep 22, 2013

5 by MotionBlue »»
Sep 28, 2013 8:19 PM

» (Free-roam) The Goldforge Pirates (Journey Thread)

Psynergi - Jul 19, 2013

30 by Tamoball »»
Sep 22, 2013 5:42 PM

» Pirate-arc | Chapter 2: Voettfang ( 1 2 3 4 )

Beyond - Jul 9, 2013

189 by Haissem »»
Sep 22, 2013 5:25 AM

» Shipwreck Island ((Midnight Pirates Island. If you want to join then shoot me a message.))

baxter09 - Sep 15, 2013

1 by ender95 »»
Sep 20, 2013 6:36 PM

» Noah and Ringers chronicles - The Goldforge Secret (Invite only)

Psynergi - Sep 2, 2013

2 by Psynergi »»
Sep 3, 2013 1:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.