Forum Settings
Forums

LF Anime with Special Powers/Magic or similar and/or Ganbatte Anime

New
Jul 14, 2013 2:32 PM
Dec 2012
Hi everybody,

Like the titels says I´m looking for an Anime with special powers in it. It doesn´t really matter what kind of powers it can be everything, Magic,Fightingskills,Sports,Mecha,Psy...

Important for me is kind a good character development and maybe a little bit more matured characters.

It can also be coupled with a ganbatte style.

Alternativly a simple ganbatte anime would be fine,too.

I don´t know if my animelist is up to date so here is a list of all the animes i´ve watched.

Thank you everybody!

Regards Sams

Edit: Sorry not able to make a propper list :(
SamsaaJul 14, 2013 3:06 PM
Jul 14, 2013 5:25 PM

Jul 2012
I'll throw these 3 your way

Kuroko no Basket- hoops with special powers. Not the pinnacle of character development, but entertaining none the less.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica- This show receives praise just about anywhere you look. It has plenty of reviews that will be more apt in helping you make the decision to watch it than I would be.

Gungrave- It's not exactly superpowers, but Brandon Heat's skills with a gun can be pretty close. Two street thugs turned mafia aiming for the top. Has pretty nice character interactions.
Jul 15, 2013 12:38 AM
Dec 2012
Hi norr thanks for the recommendations, but i´ve seen Kuroko and Gungrave. Mahou Shoujo is on my to watch list but i haven´t been in the mood for it.

Any more ideas?

Arigatou!
Jul 15, 2013 4:34 AM

Mar 2011
Magi the Labyrinth of Magic. Good Character development (as the show progresses, you get to learn about the MC's past, struggles, etc.) the animation is also quite good.. I really enjoyed the show, I have a feeling you will as well.

Shaman King - characters can summon various spirits to infuse with their weapons and aid them in battle. Just a perfect mix of Action/Adventure/Supernatural/Comedy.

Yuyu Hakusho - a fairly old anime, but don't let the out-dated animation fool you, it is a classic and a must watch for someone who likes animes with super powers. The MC is badass, and so is his friends who helps him in his journey. Definitely try this out!

Flame of Recca - a tournament style anime where the characters fight each other using "ninja relics" (items that have special and unique abilities). The MC can summon flame dragons as well.

I can still name a few more if you want, but these are the ones that comes to mind right now.
Jul 15, 2013 11:38 AM
Dec 2012
Ok please do name some more :)

Because i´ve seen Shaman King must have mist it on my list and the other 2 are not realy to my liking,
Jul 15, 2013 12:07 PM

Feb 2013
Shinsekai yori :D, (amazing story and they have kantus ( smth like telepathie)
Magi is also good (season 2 coming, might become a rly good shounen action anime)
the legend of the legendary heroes (well the title sucks but its good and nice powers)
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man

More topics from this board

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Apr 18

13 by WatchTillTandava »»
45 minutes ago

» Stylish detective and crime anime

RobertBobert - 2 hours ago

1 by Skuletor »»
49 minutes ago

» I find it absolutely absurd I can’t find a manga with gay marriage legalized

isseixkoneko - Apr 25

2 by isseixkoneko »»
5 hours ago

» Movies

BitChilly - Yesterday

10 by TheSunLife »»
6 hours ago

» Looking for anime like Aria the Animation and Shiroi Suna no Aquatope

AdityaRizkiS - Today

4 by Chisuku »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.