Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2013 4:15 AM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's a recap, though not completely useless, I've seen a couple of moments that I missed in the series.
Goh'Dan
Jun 7, 2013 12:55 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah if you watched just the movies and not the series you would be completely lost. They took so much out and the edits were just so jarring. On top of that the subs I watched were pretty bad.

I can't really recommend the movie to anyone.
Jan 19, 2019 11:12 PM

Aug 2015
This one begins as more of a confused mess than Earth Light...it would have been nice to show, not tell, that Diana was kidnapped, which is quite jarring since she was just fine at the end of Earth Light. The trip to the Aztec spaceport in Mexico was a logical choice to cut, but was fun to see in the TV series. It's too bad neither of these movies contained any new animation, so they're pretty useless unless you want the digest version of a 50 episode TV show for some reason. Still, if you're a newcomer I suggest the TV series since the essential Turn A Gundam experience™ qualities are missing from these films.

Sochie really gets the short end of the stick, since

I've felt the second half of Turn A Gundam is generally weaker, since Gyhngham and his private army are a bunch of literal psychopaths that seem to have no reason to exist in a 2000 year-old society of isolationist pacifists without a better explanation for why they weren't disbanded.

The female characters in Turn A are probably the best any Gundam series has to offer. Everyone tends to focus on Diana and Kihel, but Lily is pretty sharp too. Guin is one of the few non stereotypical homosexual men in anime, and one of my favorite bits of dialogue is the final exchange between him and Lily - he can't lead an industrial revolution in a skirt, he insists- but Lily retorts she will happily govern Ameria in one.
glassknucklesJan 19, 2019 11:46 PM
Oct 3, 2019 10:10 AM

Jun 2013
I didn't like them cutting the Mayan arc. They should have shown, at least, the ships going into space.
Dec 31, 2023 4:15 PM

Jul 2014
hm i know a minor thing for i guess a minor character but couldn't help to notice that teteth only showed up for the first movie and it seems not again even to show her fate? uh yea these movies certainly are not that well put together but i mean i guess it could be understood seeing as this series had so much to it but yea as everyone else is saying the series is certainly the way to go in watching this, you get the full package with the series not so much with the movies but there ok for a revisit.

coming soon
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.