Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 17, 2013 10:14 PM

Sep 2012
I'm learning about this and I find the topic interesting.
Here's how I would see it. Fair Pay: means that we are payed fairly and not discrimination pay like how women and other races are payed less than white males. Also, better education. Some teachers don't deserve to teach and some schools are just terrible. These are just two of the things that come to mind when I think of having a just society.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 17, 2013 10:18 PM

Oct 2009
black people would be banned from playing basketball so i have a chance
May 17, 2013 10:20 PM

Jan 2013
There's no such thing as a just society.
May 17, 2013 10:24 PM

Aug 2012
TonyTin said:
Then make one.

My idea of a "just" society? Free food, free water, free housing, free higher education, and free public transportation for all. If the society can manage to make those (and probably a few others) free, then everything else should work itself out.
May 17, 2013 10:27 PM

Sep 2012
MellowJello said:
TonyTin said:
Then make one.

My idea of a "just" society? Free food, free water, free housing, free higher education, and free public transportation for all. If the society can manage to make those (and probably a few others) free, then everything else should work itself out.
Who builds those houses, gets that water, grows that food, teaches, and transports everybody for free?

Is it just that people do shit for free? That sounds like slavery a bit..
May 17, 2013 10:28 PM
Jul 2018
A society in which all people are equally free.

This is the ONLY just society as far as I can figure. In this way we can avoid all of the logical contradictions that come with attempting to level the playing field in other areas and we avoid having to try to legislate justice beyond simply protecting freedom.
May 17, 2013 10:30 PM

Nov 2011
Hunter-Gatherer
The Art of Eight
May 17, 2013 10:31 PM

Jun 2009
A society where women are evaporated and all the males are required to wear pantsu and dresses. Only then will society be just.

No but seriously, I think most people (at least on this forum) are going to have very similar ideas of a "fair" society. So you're not exactly going to get a lot of variety in your answers.

Needless to say, my ideas of a perfect society are the same as yours.
May 17, 2013 10:32 PM
Jul 2012
Trapalicious said:
A society where women are evaporated and all the males are required to wear pantsu and dresses. Only then will society be just.

No but seriously, I think most people (at least on this forum) are going to have very similar ideas of a "fair" society.

Holy shit, you're here.
May 17, 2013 10:34 PM

Oct 2012
I think "justice" is nonsense, and I doubt any one of you could adequately define it. It's one of those words people throw around loosely just because it sounds cool.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
May 17, 2013 10:34 PM

Aug 2012
Red_Keys said:
MellowJello said:
TonyTin said:
Then make one.

Who builds those houses, gets that water, grows that food, teaches, and transports everybody for free?

Robots.

Enslaved ones, of course.

In other words, "technology will solve all our problems!" That's how I'm seeing it...
May 17, 2013 10:36 PM

Jun 2008
OP do you want a serious answer or a funny answer...

becuase I've been drinking....and I'm not really in the mood for political bullshit.
May 17, 2013 10:39 PM

Feb 2012
katsucats said:
I think "justice" is nonsense, and I doubt any one of you could adequately define it. It's one of those words people throw around loosely just because it sounds cool.
Justice is based on morals which are subjective, but the thread asks for your idea of a just society so I don't see the issue.

Anyways, I'd obviously say equality for all, but I would also want a justice system that is not based on punishment. I don't know how you would impliment this but this is all hypothetical anyway.
May 17, 2013 10:42 PM

Aug 2012
Society without religion.
May 17, 2013 10:42 PM

Aug 2012
JustALEX said:
OP do you want a serious answer or a funny answer...

becuase I've been drinking....and I'm not really in the mood for political bullshit.
He's "learning about this," so it means he's mostly just looking for information and (maybe) uninformed responses.

But if it's the latter;

I demand free jello mix for everyone! Free jello mix everywhere!
May 17, 2013 10:43 PM

Feb 2012
One with masked vigilantes.
May 17, 2013 10:46 PM

Nov 2011
Godplayer said:

Communists?
The Art of Eight
May 17, 2013 10:46 PM

Sep 2012
That one like in kinos journey where everybody lives alone.
May 17, 2013 10:48 PM

Oct 2012
Slyr3do0n said:
katsucats said:
Justice is based on morals which are subjective, but the thread asks for your idea of a just society so I don't see the issue.
The problem is that it isn't subjective, it's just plain nonsense. It is impossible to answer this question when justice has no real meaning in most people's minds, subjective or not.
THE CHAT CLUB.
May 17, 2013 10:49 PM

Feb 2012
Capricious_Smile said:
That one like in kinos journey where everybody lives alone.
Why would you pick anything from Kino's Journey? They were all meant to be flawed.
May 17, 2013 10:52 PM

May 2010
People may need societies, but they don’t necessarily need nations.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 17, 2013 10:56 PM

Oct 2012
Confucius said:
“To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.” - Confucius
THE CHAT CLUB.
May 17, 2013 10:58 PM

Aug 2012
katsucats said:
Confucius said:
“To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.” - Confucius
So if we were heartless, then..?

Also, dat name irony.
May 17, 2013 10:59 PM

Apr 2012
TonyTin said:

I agree with @tonytin.

。◕‿◕。 Fun In Life is what Matters! The More the Fun the better your Life Becomes!! 。◕‿◕。

May 17, 2013 10:59 PM

Nov 2011
katsucats said:
Confucius said:

People who drop watch in toilet have shitty time - Confucius
The Art of Eight
May 17, 2013 11:09 PM

Dec 2011
Everyone not accepting on who you are.
May 17, 2013 11:10 PM

Sep 2012
MitsukiHimeka said:
Everyone accepting on who you are.
What if "who you are" happens to be somebody who doesn't accept other people for who they are?
May 17, 2013 11:11 PM

Dec 2011
Red_Keys said:
MitsukiHimeka said:
What if "who you are" happens to be somebody who doesn't accept other people for who they are?

I actually made a typo on that.
May 17, 2013 11:13 PM

Feb 2012
Red_Keys said:
MitsukiHimeka said:
Then we must enter your dreams and go down 5 dream levels and place the idea of acceptance in the depest level of your selfconscious.

May 17, 2013 11:13 PM

Jun 2008
dankickyou said:
Godplayer said:

Communists?

Isn't Russia and Cuba very catholic?
May 18, 2013 1:50 AM

Aug 2012
A society where every person who's IQ is low enough to consider YOLO and SWAG to be their life's philosophy is removed from existence.
What do you think? The meaning of our existence. Why do we continue to live?
~Iris Rain Umbrella, my favorite robot
May 18, 2013 2:14 AM

Feb 2012
A world with equal opportunities,a world where the good outweighs the evil by a big margin and where there is no class war.
A world where everything is available to everyone.A world without hate.
"Efficiency is not king, efficacy is."

Post a comment on my profile. Profile comments are fun.

May 18, 2013 2:53 AM

Apr 2008
Where politicians are elected on a contractual basis, the people set whichever goals they like, the incumbent either accomplishes them or takes personal responsibility for his failure and steps down (after being sued for breach).

What would be even more just = Decentralized government, (Anarchism) where people are free to organize their own communes and do what they like.

Nobody is allowed to starve, nobody is allowed to be homeless, more is spent on poverty eradication than on weapons.
May 18, 2013 3:33 AM

Apr 2011
A "just" society would be one where they would be equality. Not gender equality, earnings equality, age or any other bullshit equality. But an equality where each and every person has the same chances of achieving something in their life and not just handed their achievements because their daddy is a politician or some similar bullshit. But alas, such a thing is not possible.
May 18, 2013 4:20 AM

Jun 2008
Red_Keys said:
MellowJello said:
TonyTin said:
Then make one.

That why i say, only robots will give us true freedom. Finally we will be free to do whatever we like, not doing stuff to pay debts or because we are forced too.
Robots will do all the shitty jobs and we can just do creative stuff because we like it and not for specific money rewards.
We need to create those damn robots already.
MonadMay 18, 2013 4:31 AM
May 18, 2013 4:29 AM
Jul 2018
What about the robots?
May 18, 2013 4:30 AM

Jun 2008
Amadyeus said:
What about the robots?

What about them?
May 2013
Amadyeus said:
What about the robots?

what about them?!
May 2013
Monad said:
Amadyeus said:
What about the robots?

What about them?

Wow we posted that 1 sec apart from each other
May 18, 2013 4:40 AM

Jan 2009
Godplayer said:

agreed
May 18, 2013 5:42 AM

Aug 2012
put both rich people and poor people into middleclass. But keep companies(not the people working in the company but the company itself) able to make more money than a human being so we can still progress.

I have no idea if that was on topic. Oh well XD
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
May 18, 2013 5:55 AM
Aug 2011
Just society is a dead society, i said with a posed look.
May 18, 2013 7:09 AM

Jun 2008
A better question would be "What is your idea of a better society than the one you're currently living in?"

I'm rather surprised someone wasn't baited into some wall of texts nobody cares about yet. That's a good thing I think.

A just society is where everything is mostly based on merits. People may be born into different statuses with different issues, and the poor will still have to exert more effort than the well-to-dos, but the gap shouldn't be that large. Laziness should be frowned upon, not looked upon due to poor education or incompatible styles of teaching between a student and the school. However simple I make this sound, this is essentially about changing the mindsets of the people that make up society. More or less, it's as close as a dream as some of the other ideas. I guess the point is: equality in opportunity. Not uh... equality... <insert forgotten line here>.

There should be more choices but also more limitations (if this statement makes sense). In order to do this though, technology still need to progress further.
May 18, 2013 7:56 AM

Mar 2013
A society where everyone has a fair chance, equal access to free education, a basic guaranteed standard of living, and where the social contract (ala Rawls) is fulfilled, whilst people enjoy the freedom to be productive individuals in society or as part of a group or community. A just society would abolish wage slavery/corporate serfdom by ensuring that there is an adequate safety net. If someone is made redundant for corporate or government whistleblowing for instance, they should not be ostracised for it, but rewarded. A just society would also be more democratic, allowing citizens to recall politicians more easily.

Rawls is a pretty useful definition of social justice, and also deals with some of the root social and economic causes of crime. Although there still need to be some additions for criminal justice, because people, being agents with some free will, must be held accountable for choosing to take negative actions against other individuals or groups. A just society would also punish individuals appropriately, and for the damage they have caused. There must be no injustice in criminal justice, no-one let off free when the evidence shows that they have committed a crime, and no-one imprisoned when the evidence is suspicious. Though that's altogether more difficult, there is a LOT of room for improvement in the current law and order structures.
May 18, 2013 8:00 AM

Jul 2011
The Eurasianism of Alexander Dugin is great. Since it includes islamism in its true Qathemite-Aishanite form and christian orthodoxy celebrating Saint Alexius Commenus with his childbride Sainta Agnes Of France its awesome. Equal rights to Jellies, Wincest people and legalizing of Opium is fine.
Aisha reported that God's Apostle married her when she was seven years old, and she was taken to his house AS A BRIDE WHEN SHE WAS NINE, AND HER DOLLS WERE WITH HER, and when he(the Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old. Sahih Muslim, Book 008. Number 331D
May 18, 2013 8:03 AM

Oct 2012
no such thing as a just society.
May 18, 2013 8:08 AM
May 2012
A just society is a society where no people reside in. ♥
May 19, 2013 1:00 PM

May 2013
SOmething like a liar-free-society...
ScribeOrigins, MKD 「先生のことが」
May 19, 2013 1:02 PM

Mar 2013
pauro19 said:

My God, you must really be upset about your girlfriend !!
May 20, 2013 10:30 AM

May 2013
Chakaara said:
pauro19 said:

My God, you must really be upset about your girlfriend !!

Not just upset, but DAMNED upset.. T_T
ScribeOrigins, MKD 「先生のことが」
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

38 by cody »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - Today

28 by cody »»
14 minutes ago

» proxy

jackfrostenson - 56 minutes ago

1 by vasipi4946 »»
51 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

677 by Crawlie »»
3 hours ago

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

25 by bevarnow »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.