Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 23, 2013 12:28 PM

Aug 2012
You probably don't agree with me, but people tend to hate what is famous and highly known. You can see this at the Opening/Ending section... One Piece has some GREAT openings and endings, and well, just try to post one there... If someone gives a score bigger than 4, this person watch One piece.

Of course this is just an example. I can say the same about Sword Art Online. People simply hate it, but it IS VERY GOOD, through some people simply say "Oh, SAO? It suuucks dont watch it very bad fanboylism anime"

And this happens with a lot of anime. I don't mean that everyone hate those famous animes, but most people do hate them, those animes suffer some kind of prejudice just because a huge amount of people talk about them. This happens mainly with famous shounen.

What do you think?
lupadimMar 23, 2013 12:37 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2013 12:32 PM

Oct 2012
''One Piece has some great openings and endings'' <-- You do realize these kind of things are just a matter of opinion, different people like different things.

On topic: Popular shows indeed have unneeded hate, but we can say the same thing about fanboyism.
Mar 23, 2013 12:33 PM
Jul 2012
So pretty much why don't people like what I like?
Mar 23, 2013 12:34 PM

Aug 2012
It's simple.

If you dislike something, or even just find it average... you might get irritated at the fact that 90% of your community loves it so much to the point where they worship it.
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Mar 23, 2013 12:34 PM

Aug 2012
JavierR said:
So pretty much why don't people like what I like?

I don't mean this, I mean some famous show have indeed quality, and most people hate them FOR NO REASON. If you ask them why they hate them, they will say "Oh its just a generic famous shounen" as example, which is NOT an argument.
Mar 23, 2013 12:35 PM

Mar 2012
Why do you keep starting dumbass, shitstorm-inducing threads?

As long as popularity's a thing, there will be people who oppose it.
Shut up and deal.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Mar 23, 2013 12:35 PM

Sep 2011
Iunno, I see similar dislike going on both sides.
Mar 23, 2013 12:36 PM

Apr 2012
o·pin·ion
/əˈpinyən/
Noun

1 A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
2 The beliefs or views of a large number or majority of people about a particular thing.

If most people were to hate on famous anime, they would be infamous, ma'right?
Mar 23, 2013 12:37 PM

Jan 2013
We don't hate. Hate is for humans.

We are nothing but the real judge. We, always using the almighty divine sword of facts to beat any promptous opinions that might appear, bringing facts and removing the cursed fanboyism of the poor souls that got hit by such midiatic blasphemy.

We are justice, we are the ones that distinguish the good and bad, we the ones that, even with galactic doses of cynicism, may use our sour armor and shield to bring equality towards anime in genres and creators in relation to their quality, and not in relation of how much people such media welfare actually can curse,cursed or is bound to curse. We the ones that rate using logic and facts that you soulless mongrels may call "opinion" to bring back constructive topics about why people die when they're killed and and seldom rage.

We are everything, and yet, we're nothing. We're the void that contrast reality, and yet, each one can't survive without each other.

Jun 2009
Speaking from experience, 99 out of 100 times most of the time, those popular shows are actually disliked for far better reasons than those who love them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 2013
There isn't much to this. All anime (and moves, and other kinds of shows) will have people who like and dislike them. You will find people hating "famous animes" a lot because they are famous, so they have more fans and more non-fans than less known shows.
Mar 23, 2013 12:39 PM

Aug 2012
Mike_the_Great said:
o·pin·ion
/əˈpinyən/
Noun

1 A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
2 The beliefs or views of a large number or majority of people about a particular thing.

Yes you are right, but most haters simply hate it because it is famous. This does not happens only with animes, but with musics, movies and such. If something very good is out, most people will like it, and after one year if there are still a lot of people liking it, it will become a "terrible and generic movie/book" as example. Why do you think some people hate Harry Potter for no apparent reason? Because they like to not like what other people like, like some people that doesnt like some stuff.
Mar 23, 2013 12:41 PM

Jan 2013
lupadim said:
Mike_the_Great said:
o·pin·ion
/əˈpinyən/
Noun

Yes you are right, but most haters simply hate it because it is famous.

As a counter-argument, some people does only like things because it is famous.

Mar 23, 2013 12:43 PM

Jun 2009
lupadim said:
Mike_the_Great said:
o·pin·ion
/əˈpinyən/
Noun

Yes you are right, but most haters simply hate it because it is famous. This does not happens only with animes, but with musics, movies and such. If something very good is out, most people will like it, and after one year if there are still a lot of people liking it, it will become a "terrible and generic movie/book" as example. Why do you think some people hate Harry Potter for no apparent reason? Because they like to not like what other people like, like some people that doesnt like some stuff.

I never liked Harry Potter in my life, I fell asleep at both movies I went (Philosopher Stone and Chamber of Secret)

What does that make me?

Oh hold on

Why do you think some people hate Harry Potter for no apparent reason?

I think we're done here.

Just assume the "some" are people like me, who genuinely dislike the show.

/thread
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 2012
lupadim said:
Mike_the_Great said:
o·pin·ion
/əˈpinyən/
Noun

The more widely known something is, the more opinions there will be, so of course there will be some dislike towards the particular material. There will always be trolls, but most of the time they maybe represent a small percent.

Mar 2013
lupadim said:
Mike_the_Great said:
o·pin·ion
/əˈpinyən/
Noun

Not too many people I know of hate only because something is famous. If something is famous despite terribly poor quality (e.g. 50 Shades of Grey) then it tends to attract a lot of hate.
Mar 23, 2013 12:44 PM

Dec 2012
012yArthur0 said:

We are nothing but the real judge. We, always using the almighty divine sword of facts to beat any promptous opinions that might appear, bringing facts and removing the cursed fanboyism of the poor souls that got hit by such midiatic blasphemy.

We are justice, we are the ones that distinguish the good and bad, we the ones that, even with galactic doses of cynicism, may use our sour armor and shield to bring equality towards anime in genres and creators in relation to their quality, and not in relation of how much people such media welfare actually can curse,cursed or is bound to curse. We the ones that rate using logic and facts that you soulless mongrels may call "opinion" to bring back constructive topics about why people die when they're killed and and seldom rage.

We are everything, and yet, we're nothing. We're the void that contrast reality, and yet, each one can't survive without each other.

I feel enlightened.
The forums are dark, and full of ego.
Mar 23, 2013 12:46 PM

Sep 2012
People don't dislike things because they are famous.

Its just that people tend to be more vocal about things they dislike that are famous.

There's a certain anime (you can find it at the top of my dropped list) that I absolutely hate. But that anime is also relatively unpopular. I've voiced my hate before, but I've never started threads about it or anything like that.

However, if 90% of the community praised and loved the anime, I'd be flipping shit.
Mar 23, 2013 12:48 PM

Dec 2012
If people dislike what most people like...how come it's so popular ?

Not everyone is like that. I liked SAO but I don't like one piece. Does that make me one of the people you're referring to ?
Insert wise quote here
Mar 23, 2013 12:49 PM

Feb 2010
I only hate on anime because they suck. If they also happen to be popular than that's the majority's fault and not mine, isn't it?
I probably regret this post by now.

Dec 2012
Why do people simply love famous anime? There's some lesser known shows that are better than most of the famous anime like OP and SAO. People who hate it give more constructive replies than the people who love it, that's a fact, granted there are those that are more vocal than the others and jumping on the bandwagon, but don't let them get to you.

Jan 2013
Jovoo said:
012yArthur0 said:

I feel enlightened.

Thanks, may our light bring them the truth.

Mar 23, 2013 12:54 PM

Apr 2008
I certainly don't dislike things because they are popular, except over the years my tastes have changed as a child I gave both Code Geass R1 and R2 10 ratings but back then my knowledge of anime and indeed my criteria for for a 10/10 show were incredibly limited.

I recently rewatched Code Geass and gave R1 8/10 and R2 6/10, of course this time I wasn't swept up by all the amateur tricks it tried to pull and gave it a more objective evaluation, I am not hating on it because it is popular - only because I feel there are better things out there - i.e. my standards have changed.

Will I yell at people who say Code Geass is the greatest show ever - certainly, because it simply isn't anywhere close to being the best show ever. This seems to have turned into more of a rant about Code Geass...

I will end by declaring that I love C.C's backside.
Mar 23, 2013 1:00 PM

Apr 2012
apatch3 said:

Will I yell at people who say Code Geass is the greatest show ever - certainly, because it simply isn't anywhere close to being the best show ever. This seems to have turned into more of a rant about Code Geass...

Thank you, just reminded me.

Stupid fanboys who think their show/book/hentai with tentacle raping/game ect is the "undeniable best" is so annoying that some of us do hate on it for that. Not the material, just the fanboys.

^reason i dropped Dragonball before starting it.
Mar 23, 2013 1:05 PM

Jul 2012
give me an example of what you deem "famous anime" and i might give you a better reply. What does it take for something to be famous? It can be highly subjective - our opinions of what constitutes famous.
Mar 23, 2013 1:07 PM

Mar 2012
daintybiscuit said:
give me an example of what you deem "famous anime" and i might give you a better reply. What does it take for something to be famous? It can be highly subjective - our opinions of what constitutes famous.
Go on Omegle and list anime as an interest.
Anything that gets brought up by the other person can be considered a "famous" anime.
Mar 23, 2013 1:08 PM

Jan 2013
With very popular animes there will allways be the people who dislike them. They either think its uncool to like that anime, too mainstream or its childish. Also sometimes its just personal taste. Most of the haters havent even seen the anime it self and just shape their opinion based off someone else who just happened to say that this or that anime sucked.
Mar 23, 2013 1:12 PM

Mar 2011
probably because of fanboys , i hate fanboys i used to go to college with a total one piece fan boy , i actually gave up watching it because this retard was just soo into it it made me sick i hate fan boys

SAO was alright
Mar 23, 2013 1:12 PM

Apr 2008
Every now and then you get a show like SAO, which is half-decent but then flawed at the same time and it generates a bandwagon of fanboys who will defend it and their beloved Asuna to the end (I have only seen half of SAO btw).

Also Accel World > SAO - but then barely anybody has seen Accel World.

Sometimes you get shows like Chihayafuru which are a complete breath of fresh air to the stagnating anime scene, why can't Chihaya have a bandwagon?
Mar 23, 2013 1:13 PM

Jul 2011
Retard fanbase
Mar 23, 2013 1:13 PM

Sep 2012
purplewings said:
probably because of fanboys , i hate fanboys i used to go to college with a total one piece fan boy , i actually gave up watching it because this retard was just soo into it it made me sick i hate fan boys
That's kind of silly.

It's not the show's fault that some people are weird.
Mar 23, 2013 1:15 PM

Sep 2012
There have been plenty of snarky remarks in response to people asking for examples of plot holes or why it is bad.

But there have been no real answers. Hmm.
Mar 23, 2013 1:16 PM

Jan 2013
Red_Keys said:
There have been plenty of snarky remarks in response to people asking for examples of plot holes or why it is bad.

Our Snarkiness is more than enough to prove that what we saying is true.

Mar 23, 2013 1:18 PM
Mar 2013
I used to hate Naruto because everyone in my secondary school loved it. EVEN MY RELIGION TEACHER talked about Naruto anime during class. I think I got bored and annoyed and so I refused to watch it till I was 15. Then I literally fell in love.

Many people wants to appear original and bright while in fact they are only precluding themselves many opportunities. Others don't like famous anime/manga because they don't like it, and that's all. For example, the drawings of Bleach are terribly angular and the plot isn't the best. But that's just my opinion.

You know, I discovered that I can live with that; I just need to know that my favourite anime are the best because I think so =)

W ONE PIECE & NARUTO OPENINGS/ENDINGS!
Mar 23, 2013 1:21 PM

Mar 2011
yhunata said:
purplewings said:

SAO was alright

I recommend dropping life, if that is the reason why you dropped One Piece.

i wouldn't say that was the complete reason it was more to do with the fact that show was totally ruined from because of this "fanboy" and his incessant need to constantly bring me up to date on what is happening and his trademark phrase of " it really is the greatest anime ever produced" by the time i started watching it i was like meh . I still stand by it though i dont think its the shows people hate i think its the fanbase and the way the hype shows up
Mar 23, 2013 1:28 PM

Aug 2012
So people hate mainstream anime.. because of transgenders?

Mar 23, 2013 1:31 PM

Jul 2012
Negative-Travis said:
daintybiscuit said:
Anything that gets brought up by the other person can be considered a "famous" anime.

i might be stupid but that site looks like a lot of chat shit and i found no place to plug in an "interest". not being a bitch, just don't get it. and am also wondering how this site works as an authority. sigh, i guess its not even worth it.
Mar 23, 2013 1:32 PM

Mar 2010
I don't hate Naruto because of it's popularity. I hate because it's considered a ninja anime.
I don't hate One Piece because of it's popularity. I hate it because of it's disgusting (to me) artstyle.
Simple (and possibly stupid) reasons but they have nothing to do with popularity.

Also Red_Keyes is my favorite person on MAL for today (and maybe the entirety of tomorrow)
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Mar 23, 2013 1:33 PM

Mar 2012
daintybiscuit said:
Negative-Travis said:
daintybiscuit said:

i might be stupid but that site looks like a lot of chat shit and i found no place to plug in an "interest". not being a bitch, just don't get it. and am also wondering how this site works as an authority. sigh, i guess its not even worth it.
It was kind of a rhetorical statement. The idea is that the people there only know of Deathnote, Code Geass, the Big Three, and such.
Mar 23, 2013 1:38 PM

Sep 2009
I think you been hitting that junk food too hard.

"Famous" isn't exactly the word I'd use to describe them since they are more infamous being tied with endless filters, horrible story boarding, and mindless continuation. You also you realize the OP/ED has nothing to do with the actual series. That's like saying such and such must be a good person because he is wearing blue; lolwhat?

lupadim said:
And this happens with a lot of anime. I don't mean that everyone hate those famous animes, but most people do hate them, those animes suffer some kind of prejudice just because a huge amount of people talk about them. This happens mainly with famous shounen.

You ever wonder if it just happens to you and what you watch? Are you sure you aren't just a fan boy and trying to blow smoke around? If indeed you are then that's cool, just please know where you stand before you start claiming SALO is "VERY GOOD" or that the OP/ED plays a big part in the actual series. I can tell you right now that's just a ticking time bomb waiting to blow up in your face.
Mar 23, 2013 1:39 PM

Feb 2010
apatch3 said:
Every now and then you get a show like SAO, which is half-decent but then flawed at the same time and it generates a bandwagon of fanboys who will defend it and their beloved Asuna to the end (I have only seen half of SAO btw).

Sometimes you get shows like Chihayafuru which are a complete breath of fresh air to the stagnating anime scene, why can't Chihaya have a bandwagon?

If I ever see anyone talk trash about Chihayafuru you can bet that I'll challenge him to a Karuta match to the death without a second thought!

But it's just not as controversial so people either like/love it or they don't particularly care. Like Uchuu Kyoudai for example. That's how really good shows are received, with pleasure but without much fuss. It's very rare to encounter active hate on one of those shows so there simply is not as much need to frequently defend them compared to when you are a fan of a more controversial series.
Mar 23, 2013 1:43 PM

Aug 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
apatch3 said:

If I ever see anyone talk trash about Chihayafuru you can bet that I'll challenge him to a Karuta match to the death without a second thought!

But it's just not as controversial so people either like/love it or they don't particularly care. Like Uchuu Kyoudai for example. That's how really good shows are received, with pleasure but without much fuss. It's very rare to encounter active hate on one of those shows so there simply is not as much need to frequently defend them compared to when you are a fan of a more controversial series.

You're comparing shounen with josei? :I That's a little unfair, obviously josei's are going to be better in the romance/slice of life department
Mar 23, 2013 1:46 PM

Nov 2012
Red_Keys said:
Alexx_ said:
Red_Keys said:

You should go dig into the SAO threads then, this argument has been done over a million times.
Maybe you should dig through SAO threads.

These "arguments that are done over a million times" were half the time with me.

But regardless, people are asking a direct question. And people in this thread claim to have the answers. Saying "umm go look somewhere else because somebody else said it" is just lazy.

Or proof that you don't even know. :D

I admit, I am pretty lazy right now.
But I feel like all the character development was left behind with the timeskip.
Mar 23, 2013 1:47 PM

Jun 2012
Ghostony said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
apatch3 said:

You're comparing shounen with josei? :I
He's speaking about anime in general. This has nothing to do with which demographic an anime is limited to, which is something the OP doesn't seem to understand. All of the OP's examples have been shounen as of yet, so he doesn't understand that the fan bases of these shounens are split among different series and fans of either series will bad mouth other series simply because they want their favorites to seem superior.

This entire thread is either a manifestation of the OP's stupidity, trolling or desire to start a flame war. I can't believe this kind of garbage gets created once a week and stays alive for hours on end, getting multiple pages of responses of people saying simple things like, "opinion."
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Mar 23, 2013 1:51 PM

Feb 2013
why people hate one piece, either they saw the 4kids dub or hate the art
Mar 23, 2013 1:54 PM

Feb 2010
Ghostony said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
apatch3 said:

You're comparing shounen with josei? :I That's a little unfair, obviously josei's are going to be better in the romance/slice of life department

Tell that to Bakuman :P
Also I was really only talking about the fandom of the two shows and not comparing them (though it probably was obvious that I like Chihayafuru more, but that's not the point). Chihayafuru is more nichè so most people who don't enjoy it will do so because they are not fan of the premise or genre and those are more likely to just stay away from it in general instead of giving it a try and getting disappointed for some reason. SAO on the other hand is a very mainstream assembly of genres that leaves more room for many people coming in to watch the show with different expectations, criteria and opinions to then discuss with and/or insult each other.
Mar 23, 2013 2:00 PM

Apr 2008
As far as Bakuman goes I have mixed feelings, I really liked the first two seasons but having seen the first few eps of s3 I feel like I'm now being shonen trolled, as if everything they do has now become slightly routine.
Mar 23, 2013 2:04 PM
Oct 2011
apatch3 said:
As far as Bakuman goes I have mixed feelings, I really liked the first two seasons but having seen the first few eps of s3 I feel like I'm now being shonen trolled, as if everything they do has now become slightly routine.
A lot of people said that. It gets better as it goes on. The 2nd half is better than the 1st.
Mar 23, 2013 2:10 PM

Apr 2008
Candor said:
apatch3 said:
A lot of people said that. It gets better as it goes on. The 2nd half is better than the 1st.

I imagine it will be as the show has been exciting and well made so far, but I still have this creeping feeling that from now on Bakuman will enter Dragonball Z or Naruto mode
Mar 23, 2013 2:31 PM

Feb 2010
apatch3 said:
Candor said:
apatch3 said:

I imagine it will be as the show has been exciting and well made so far, but I still have this creeping feeling that from now on Bakuman will enter Dragonball Z or Naruto mode

Well, the manga has already ended at 20 Volumes which is still far from how long any of those 2 are so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
AlcoholicideMar 23, 2013 3:57 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is the biggest problem in the world of anime in your opinion? ( 1 2 )

castle2001 - May 5

58 by kihel »»
34 seconds ago

» Do we need a 30 year old Husbando?

RedTea33 - 7 hours ago

1 by Kwanthemaster »»
49 seconds ago

» Why are modern anime fights so awful?

_Nette_ - 5 hours ago

25 by Gashadokur0 »»
3 minutes ago

» Best Orange-hair guy in anime

RedTea33 - 7 hours ago

8 by Kwanthemaster »»
3 minutes ago

» Check-in for the Spring 2024 season (for those watching a bunch of seasonals)

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

23 by perseii »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.