Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 22, 2013 7:52 AM

Mar 2013
Retrospective - There are "very low" and "very high" in Rewatch Value.

Suggestion - I think MAL need to have same in priorities. "Very low" (or low-medium) and "very high" (medium-high) priorities. Low-medium-high is not enough.
Mar 22, 2013 5:13 PM

Mar 2013
Why not to complement this, if there is already similiar system in Rewatch Value. It's useful and logical.
Mar 22, 2013 8:52 PM

Dec 2011
"Very low" and "Very high" just seem unnecessary to me. They're the same thing as low and high, basically. I don't think they even need to be there for the rewatch value, though I can see how they'd work with things you've already completed. i.e. if you gava a title like a 1 -3, then I suppose someone might pick "very low" rather than "low", or if they insanely loved something, they say "very high"--but still, how is "very high" that distinguished from "high"? With priorities though, would anyone really give something on their watching or reading a "very low" priority level? (Why even read/watch at that point?)

In short, I oppose this. I think low-med-high is just right.
Mar 23, 2013 5:11 AM

Mar 2013
No, it's exactly for works that you have in "plan to watch". You can watch my list and realize why. It's very important if you making very carefull and accurate work in selection. Great difference. "1-2-3" and "1-2-3-4-5". That's obviously not the same thing, Emmrys.

Priorities doesn't interlink with "love" in work. It's totally for different. It's for works, wich you just plan to watch. All sence is in word itself. It seems strange to me, that someone think that's it interlink with appraisal. So, again, it's big difference. "how is "very high" that distinguished from "high"? " - I think you understand now. First I will see works with my very high priority, only then with high. And so on.

"With priorities though, would anyone really give something on their watching or reading a "very low" priority level? (Why even read/watch at that point?)" - This is only good question really. Well, answer - maybe not, but still there is sence in it. Because discuss like that, you can say that there could be only 3 marks in score - "1-2-3". You see? It's not the same.

P.S. Again, sorry for poor english.
Mar 23, 2013 2:13 PM

Dec 2011
Priorities isn't only for titles on your PTW/PTR list. They're also useful for currently reading or watching, especially with titles that might have sporadic releases (OVAs, manga currently in publication or scanlation). For me, setting a work to a higher priority helps me keep track of my favorites so that when weeks or months pass, I know which ones I might want to check first for updates; it gets a little hard trying to remember the names of 30 different series out of a list of 100. So in some cases, priorities can tie in with appraisal or enjoyment.

Having 3 choices instead of 5 is a big difference, that much we agree on--but for me, 2 more ranks are unnecessary additions. I still don't agree that "very high" is much differentiation to "high" or "very low" to "low". There we just see differently.
Mar 23, 2013 8:04 PM

Mar 2013
Yes, of course it is not only for "ptw", but I think it's the major destination and importance.
Emmrys said:
They're also useful for currently reading or watching...

That's true.

Well, we understand each other. But I will stay with my opinion. Because I think it's essential addition. It's quite big differentiation for me.
Jan 17, 2017 3:40 AM
Jan 2017
I think the same. But I think this suggestion is even better: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=63395&show=0#post28

As you can have as many priorities as you wish.

More topics from this board

» re-watched titles

macmetric - Yesterday

1 by hacker09 »»
Yesterday, 8:15 PM

» Are there any plans to revamp mal on mobile?

Akuya - Yesterday

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 9:19 AM

» An option to hide Explicit Genres from anime/manga list

animegamer245 - May 8

3 by traed »»
May 9, 12:22 AM

» Add an option to view (and display) ratings with a 5 star scale (allowing half stars)

Bergioyn - May 6

3 by Bergioyn »»
May 7, 2:10 PM

» New category for manga lists

Aristotle417 - May 7

0 by Aristotle417 »»
May 7, 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.