New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 10, 2013 2:42 PM

Jan 2012
HurricaneSweet said:
AnimeCrusader said:
HurricaneSweet said:
The original FMA is definitely better than Broderphood

HurricaneSweet, did your mother teach you that, by joining the minority, you will instantly turn to someone special and different? Because I don't think so. You differ from the other users when you learn to appreciate something that it is truly good. Remember it as a life-time lesson.

And I appreciate the original FMA much more than this phony that tries too hard to be like One Piece.

My sides.
May 10, 2013 2:48 PM
Sep 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
HurricaneSweet said:
AnimeCrusader said:
HurricaneSweet said:
The original FMA is definitely better than Broderphood

HurricaneSweet, did your mother teach you that, by joining the minority, you will instantly turn to someone special and different? Because I don't think so. You differ from the other users when you learn to appreciate something that it is truly good. Remember it as a life-time lesson.

And I appreciate the original FMA much more than this phony that tries too hard to be like One Piece.
How can you try and be like an anime?

I'm talking about Brotherhood trying to be like OP

@Bison what do you mean?
May 10, 2013 2:52 PM

Jun 2009
@Hurricane

Well technically, this is the version from the manga. So it is not like they went to the OP people and asked what they were doing. The first season just has more creative freedom because the manga was not yet finished. So it is more accurate to say that you dislike FullMetal Alchemist in its original form and would instead enjoy a piece that uses the same characters in a way that is, to you, more satisfying. This is just the way the author intended them to act.

Otherwise, I think this debate is just splitting hairs. You can have whichever season of FullMetal you want...
Suzune-chanMay 10, 2013 2:56 PM

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
May 10, 2013 2:53 PM

Dec 2012
HurricaneSweet said:

@Bison what do you mean?

It means he laughed at what you wrote. And I don't see the similarities between FMA:B and OP.
May 10, 2013 3:01 PM
Sep 2012
I call the 2003 one the original, because it came first.

As for the similarities, it's how the new anime ruins every serious scene by giving every character some overused joke, with the worst timing possible, and the new powers they have are just kinda random magical things with not much thought put into it.

The things 2003 changed/added made it more intense and dramatic, the scenes with nina, hughes and izuna's baby were much better handled than this super-rushed execution.

At first I was like: I'm just gonna pretend the first half of the 2003 series happened then the second half of brotherhood, happened then, to get the full "canon" experience, but the 2nd half of Brotherhood wasn't as good as the "filler 2nd half of 2003, so I went back to considering the original anime is the full experience since everything in it was better (other than the animation)
May 10, 2013 5:33 PM

Nov 2010
HurricaneSweet said:
That doesn't make any sense.

HurricaneSweet said:

As for the similarities, it's how the new anime ruins every serious scene by giving every character some overused joke, with the worst timing possible, and the new powers they have are just kinda random magical things with not much thought put into it.

The things 2003 changed/added made it more intense and dramatic, the scenes with nina, hughes and izuna's baby were much better handled than this super-rushed execution.

At first I was like: I'm just gonna pretend the first half of the 2003 series happened then the second half of brotherhood, happened then, to get the full "canon" experience, but the 2nd half of Brotherhood wasn't as good as the "filler 2nd half of 2003, so I went back to considering the original anime is the full experience since everything in it was better (other than the animation)
I think Brotherhood should be called the original because it uses the original story the manga has.

They didn't ruin every serious scene, Brotherhood has way more emotion in it. Hey, One Piece's jokes are hilarious, it's never the wrong timing(except for Sanji for 20 episodes post timeskip). When did anybody get new powers in Brotherhood? And One Piece's powers are pretty well explained when they learn new stuff.
And that's not even any good similarities, I still don't see it.

I thought Brotherhood was more dramatic, the scenes with Envy, Wrath, Hohenheim, Bucaneer, Father, and even those ones you mentioned except for the baby. The baby wasn't needed, I felt it was stupid to change the homonculus's origin. If anything went faster then it was the first 15 episodes, not the whole thing.

All of Brotherhood was 10x better than all of FMA. Yes everything was better in FMA other than the story, art, animation, Voice acting, characters, music, emotions, etc.
May 10, 2013 6:11 PM

Dec 2011
#1 in the top anime list!!!
May 11, 2013 12:49 AM

Jan 2011
Overrated, my ass.
The anime has no weak points, instead it scores high where few do:
1. Great plot - not too far streched out of greed and finished when it needed to finish.
2. Awesome supports - and MANY. How many shows are like that?!? Even regular soldiers managed to be relevant and not just fodder. For fucks sake, thats RARE! Not to mention how many episodes the supports stole. And for someone like me who hates solo operas more than anything this is like a dream come true.
3. VA and music - one of the best there is.
4. Animation and art - while the art is to a great degree subjective (some may like it, some may not) the animation was fluent and mostly the action scenes were animated and not a slideshow. Near movie quality in my opinion. And I personally liked the art.
5. No talk-no-jitsu. Again, rare for a shounen. Awesome in my book.
6. Characters died, on both sides. Not too many to become a drama and not too few for the show to get cheesy.

Sorry, but for me, I can just hope and pray we will get another show that good in the future.
120 000+ votes and 9.20 score is... hard to get to say the least. Popularity + high score, that has to speak for itself. So it has to be that good, eh?
May 11, 2013 1:04 AM

Sep 2012
Even with this. I think it's a little overrated. There are some scene of the manga that got screwed in Brotherhood. Don't get me wrong. It's still a fantastic anime. But being in the first place is kinda disturbing. I do think some anime are better. And the manga being in the 4th place of the top manga is sufficient.
May 11, 2013 1:20 AM

Jan 2011
Thats why its a poll. People tastes differ. Thats why shows that are top 10 on BOTH popularity AND score are rare and deserve respect even if you dont agree they are the best.
On the other side, Code Geass, the only other show in top 10 on both lists, I do think is overrated. Who cares, however, it has to deserve it, right?

As I said, lets just wish we get to see another show of that caliber, and then complain about how its overrated. I dont mind :D
May 11, 2013 1:52 AM
Sep 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
HurricaneSweet said:
That doesn't make any sense.

HurricaneSweet said:

I think Brotherhood should be called the original because it uses the original story the manga has.

They didn't ruin every serious scene, Brotherhood has way more emotion in it. Hey, One Piece's jokes are hilarious, it's never the wrong timing(except for Sanji for 20 episodes post timeskip). When did anybody get new powers in Brotherhood? And One Piece's powers are pretty well explained when they learn new stuff.
And that's not even any good similarities, I still don't see it.

I thought Brotherhood was more dramatic, the scenes with Envy, Wrath, Hohenheim, Bucaneer, Father, and even those ones you mentioned except for the baby. The baby wasn't needed, I felt it was stupid to change the homonculus's origin. If anything went faster then it was the first 15 episodes, not the whole thing.

All of Brotherhood was 10x better than all of FMA. Yes everything was better in FMA other than the story, art, animation, Voice acting, characters, music, emotions, etc.

Already explained how it tries to be like OP.

And now you're just fanboying. How did Brotherhood have more emotion? When every scene was either rushed or had forced comedy?
Nina and Alexander = ruined
Hughes = ruined (they used a nice track during his funeral, that's all)
Izuna's flashback = ruined
Sloth (the big one) gets some crappy joke out of nowhere one piece-style. And yes, the comedy in OP is crappy, at least 90% of the time.

I'm not talking about them GETTING powers, it's how they used the powers they already had. Let's just spam fire gomu-gomu/dbz style and an invincible hommunculus is dead. Talk about being nerfed.
And it really got much less versatile in use, what makes it more stupid is that they just added some new "style" of alchemy. (and actually about your point, no, OP powers are ass-pulls, not explained)

Brotherhood has better animation in the end, but the lack of creativity and good writing skills on the mangaka's part is its main flaw, the terrible execution of the good parts made it worse. It's a mediocre series and not on the same level as the original.
May 11, 2013 1:59 AM
Sep 2012
@AlexGK, no talk no jutsu? LOL

Half an episode of armstrong chick and ed arguing while sloth (conveniently sloth) is back there wrecking shit.
Or him vs Croc-automail guy talking about how mediocre their automail is and more babbling, or how Kimblee vs Scar was some pointless talk unlike how it was in the original. Here it's just them talking about how they remember each other and shit (classic bleach/naruto) while in the original it was Kimblee 'breaking' scar, it was much more intense.
May 11, 2013 2:19 AM

Oct 2012
IntroverTurtle said:

Do you honestly believe that?

ShrabsterMay 11, 2013 9:42 AM

May 11, 2013 2:31 AM
Sep 2012
^ THIS

Mustang being the one is also one moment that was much better, I loved that flashback
May 11, 2013 2:36 AM

Oct 2012
HurricaneSweet said:
^ THIS

Mustang being the one is also one moment that was much better, I loved that flashback

His conversations/flashbacks with Hughes are honestly some of the most powerful scenes not only in FMA but anime in general.
ShrabsterMay 11, 2013 3:07 AM

May 11, 2013 2:38 AM

May 2010
As much as I love FMAB, if I were to judge this without the fangirl bias, I could say the anime is overrated but the manga is not. Perhaps that doesn't make sense but that's how I see it. The anime changed/cut out a lot of important scenes (Ishbal war, for example), had inconsistent animation and pacing, plenty of overused and badly executed jokes, reduced the screentimes of good side characters, etc. There are just plenty to improve but people turn a blind eye on this anime's flaws because it eventually makes up for it. Sadly, I'm not one of those people. :P

The manga, on the other hand, took its time explaining whatever needs explanation and didn't have to worry about the previous anime. I'm pretty sure a lot of people who have seen FMA/FMAB didn't even bother checking out what the manga has to offer.

Though to be fair, episode 26 probably is the best/ most unforgettable episode ending I've ever seen.
May 11, 2013 10:57 AM

May 2013
Shrabster said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Well, I personally believe Brotherhood is better than the 1st series.

Conan_KudoMay 11, 2013 1:35 PM
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
May 11, 2013 11:12 AM

Oct 2012
rockbot said:
Shrabster said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Pretty sure I used the words "Comes off as bias" because

IntrovertTurtle- "All of Brotherhood was 10x better than all of FMA. Yes everything was better in FMA other than the story, art, animation, Voice acting, characters, music, emotions, etc."

If he truly believes that whatever, but it's pretty uncommon for most people to not give an inch in some area of the original. Yes, everyone has their own dispositions, I was using bias in a stronger sense of the word. Edit- Addressed some of your points in the quote.
ShrabsterMay 11, 2013 12:01 PM

May 11, 2013 12:15 PM

May 2013
Shrabster said:

If he truly believes that whatever, but it's pretty uncommon for most people to not give an inch in some area of the original. Yes, everyone has their own dispositions, I was using bias in a stronger sense of the word. Edit- Addressed some of your points in the quote.

Both series have an lack of realism.

As for Mustang's decision regarding the philosophers stone
Conan_KudoMay 11, 2013 1:32 PM
May 11, 2013 12:32 PM

Oct 2012
rockbot said:

Both series have an lack of realism.

Of course in that regard, but you might as well throw in alchemy to as unrealistic. However, most of the characters were portrayed in a more natural and realistic manner in the original which doesn't necessarily show quality, but does compliment the original's more serious approach.

May 11, 2013 2:08 PM

Nov 2010
HurricaneSweet said:
Already explained how it tries to be like OP.

And now you're just fanboying. How did Brotherhood have more emotion? When every scene was either rushed or had forced comedy?
Nina and Alexander = ruined
Hughes = ruined (they used a nice track during his funeral, that's all)
Izuna's flashback = ruined
Sloth (the big one) gets some crappy joke out of nowhere one piece-style. And yes, the comedy in OP is crappy, at least 90% of the time.

I'm not talking about them GETTING powers, it's how they used the powers they already had. Let's just spam fire gomu-gomu/dbz style and an invincible hommunculus is dead. Talk about being nerfed.
And it really got much less versatile in use, what makes it more stupid is that they just added some new "style" of alchemy. (and actually about your point, no, OP powers are ass-pulls, not explained)

Brotherhood has better animation in the end, but the lack of creativity and good writing skills on the mangaka's part is its main flaw, the terrible execution of the good parts made it worse. It's a mediocre series and not on the same level as the original.
No you didn't, you mentioned something that neither had and said this is why they're similar. Hint, that means you didn't explain anything.

In every way. That's the thing, I didn't think any scene was rushed and it had forced comedy.
Nina and Alexander = not ruined
Hughes = not ruined
Izumi's flashback = first anime ruined it, her baby didn't need to come back.
Sloth, when did he get a crappy joke? And that's not One Piece style. And the comedy in OP is great, the best of the shounens.

For FMA
Envy = ruined
Wrath = ruined
Hohenheim = ruined
Father = ruined
Bucaneer and Fu = ruined
God = ruined
Homonculus origins and deaths = ruined

"and the new powers they have are just kinda random magical things with not much thought put into it."

Yes you did mention new powers. They've explained from the beginning that a homonculus is not immortal, the philosopher's stone is filled with souls or lives so they have tons of lives. So he killed Lust and Envy a lot before they died for real.(And there you go trying to make an OP connection where it doesn't exist).
How did they get less versatile in use? You just mentioned a second type of alchemy. More like FMA left it out(the manga is the original source), and that was fully explained.
Once again, nope, OP's power ups were not ass pulls and the need for them was there for a while.

Yeah in your opinion, I thought Brotherhood had way better writing than just killing of a whole bunch of characters or throwing them in a portal.

Shrabster said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Yes I do.

May 11, 2013 4:51 PM

Oct 2012
IntroverTurtle said:

Yes I do.

Addressed some things in the quotes. Take it as you will, at the very least we can agree to disagree.
ShrabsterMay 11, 2013 5:03 PM

May 11, 2013 5:47 PM
Sep 2012
"No you didn't, you mentioned something that neither had and said this is why they're similar. Hint, that means you didn't explain anything."
Now you're really just fanboying with your "no it didn't" "yes it did"
It's quite childish.

But let me spoon-feed:
One Piece, right in the middle of the climax with Enel, he just reveals he's immune, and then you get that stupid one piece "surprised" face.
Enies lobby, luffy challenges the world while picking his nose. (so much for the most "serious" arc haha)

There are countless crappy jokes like these, which are not creative to begin with, even in the most calm moments, putting them in fights just makes it worse.

FMA: In almost any given fight, the same, overused joke about Ed being short. Haha. Hilarious. We get it.

"Nina and Alexander = not ruined
Hughes = not ruined
Izumi's flashback = first anime ruined it, her baby didn't need to come back"

"Sloth, when did he get a crappy joke? And that's not One Piece style. And the comedy in OP is great, the best of the shounens."
OK so you don't even know what the joke is, yet you rush in to declare it's not like one piece? Fanboy alert.
One piece's comedy is one of the worst, some funny jokes here and there but most of them are not. They are bad, and they are overused, and they are misused, and they are not creative. (Bleach has better comedy, as little as it is, HxH as dark as it is, SnK, as serious as it is)
Also best comedy shonen is Gintama lol.

I understand it's frustrating for you, that these shows try ALL the time to make something funny, yet some short show with much less quantity just ends up being funnier, might not seem fair. But that's how quality works (not just comedy, all aspects)

"For FMA
Envy = ruined
Wrath = ruined
Hohenheim = ruined
Father = ruined
Bucaneer and Fu = ruined
God = ruined
Homonculus origins and deaths = ruined"

You offer no proof or explanation, but it is not needed; since most of who you mentioned wasn't even in the original, so you're just saying that it's ruined simply because it was altered . Great argument.

All hommunculi were better characters and not just some powerhouses, the story of them being the result of a failed human transmutation is much better writing than just minions subject to an even bigger entity (sure the original followed Dante but she was revealed much later on and even then all they did was more personal that to be called somebody's bitch).

The BH hommunculi did not offer ANYTHING different than a Bleach Arrancar. That's what they are.
Lust- speaks for itself, not just some girl with a hot voice who didn't do much until she got nerfed
Greed- BH: First one was fodder, second was Sasuke Uchiha minus half his obnoxiousness (probably because of limited screen time)

in Original: He was the IDEA of greed, they portrayed his greedy side well enough.

"Yes you did mention new powers. They've explained from the beginning that a homonculus is not immortal, the philosopher's stone is filled with souls or lives so they have tons of lives. So he killed Lust and Envy a lot before they died for real."

Cheap sell-out for running out of ideas. Spamming abilities is still something DBZ/OP would do, not a series with thinking.

"How did they get less versatile in use? You just mentioned a second type of alchemy. More like FMA left it out(the manga is the original source), and that was fully explained."

Create big wall, touch and alter something, that sort of crap over and over.
Nothing beats letting a hommunculus kill another while trying to protect them.

"Once again, nope, OP's power ups were not ass pulls and the need for them was there for a while."
someone needs a power-up, so it must be justified. LOL.
OP: 0 well-explained powers, countless ass-pulls, including anything by luffy, zoro, sanji and nami.

Judging by the fact that you prefer this one out of the two, and OP overall, I'm gonna go ahead and assume you just simply prefer things more child-oriented with simple writing and lots of action and quantitative characteristics, rather than adult-based series with depth and ideas.
May 11, 2013 6:29 PM

Mar 2012
Hur hur! les beet da powa hungry bad guy an git out bodys bak an then me an winry can gets married an hav kids an alphonse can git married to da chinese girl an haf kids wit her to!

FMA needs a better ending. You've either got Nazis going through the gate or a stupid contrived happy ending. You just can't win.

Anyway FMA>FMAB

FMA had better characters and writing and took the story in a darker direction with some thought provoking themes relating to human sin, religion and the value of human life. Didn't particularly like the ending, but it was at least better than Brotherhood's ending.

FMAB had a grander scale, was more polished, had better OP and ED themes, better animation and better fight scenes. But the plot was way too linear. Along with that the pacing was wonky, the villain was bland and the ending was stupid. It's basically a typical action anime with better writing.
May 11, 2013 9:42 PM

Nov 2010
Shrabster said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Yes I do.

Addressed some things in the quotes. Take it as you will, at the very least we can agree to disagree.
I also responded, I understand what you're saying but I don't agree with it. That's what it usually ends up as.

HurricaneSweet said:
First of all learn to quote, this is pretty confusing.

May 11, 2013 10:30 PM
Sep 2012

Your comment did nothing but recite your previous comment, with the same "no it isn't, yes it is"

So my argument still stands untouched, if anyone else has anything to actually argue with, feel free to reply.

Also, I once directly told you that I hate Naruto and only gave it high rating only for the sake of balancing the hate that it gets compared to the series of exact same quality; One Piece, so don't know why you keep bringing that up, and why you try to change and put words in my mouth like it being in my favorites. I guess you're desperately trying to sway people into siding with you.
HurricaneSweetMay 11, 2013 10:34 PM
May 11, 2013 10:41 PM
Sep 2012
SaberRitsu said:
Hur hur! les beet da powa hungry bad guy an git out bodys bak an then me an winry can gets married an hav kids an alphonse can git married to da chinese girl an haf kids wit her to!

FMA needs a better ending. You've either got Nazis going through the gate or a stupid contrived happy ending. You just can't win.

Anyway FMA>FMAB

FMA had better characters and writing and took the story in a darker direction with some thought provoking themes relating to human sin, religion and the value of human life. Didn't particularly like the ending, but it was at least better than Brotherhood's ending.

FMAB had a grander scale, was more polished, had better OP and ED themes, better animation and better fight scenes. But the plot was way too linear. Along with that the pacing was wonky, the villain was bland and the ending was stupid. It's basically a typical action anime with better writing.

Animation is nothing praise-worthy since it was a newer series and it wasn't on-going like the old one (by that I mean it DID have a precise length of 64 episodes.

Also the grander scale only made it look less believable, and same goes for going softer.

Yep, typical action with better writing. If you put it against some typical shonen anime, it stands, put it against anything else, falls short like Ed (i'm so hilarious I must use that joke all the time)
May 11, 2013 11:00 PM

Nov 2010
HurricaneSweet said:

Your comment did nothing but recite your previous comment, with the same "no it isn't, yes it is"

So my argument still stands untouched, if anyone else has anything to actually argue with, feel free to reply.

Also, I once directly told you that I hate Naruto and only gave it high rating only for the sake of balancing the hate that it gets compared to the series of exact same quality; One Piece, so don't know why you keep bringing that up, and why you try to change and put words in my mouth like it being in my favorites. I guess you're desperately trying to sway people into siding with you.
You mean yours did.

You never told me directly anything. And you expect me to take that explanation seriously. They aren't of the same quality, they are two different shows. I've brought it up once maybe twice, don't act like I'm hounding you about it. It's your second highest rated franchise among the rest being 1s, 2s, a 3, and a 5 except for HxH, how is that not one of your favorites. Are you doing the same thing for Hunter x Hunter? Do you hate it too? You're account really sounds like one of those rating trolls, is this your real account or do you only use this one for "balancing the hate". And I don't need someone to take my side, since thousands more people agree with me as evident of the ratings on this site. So I'm done, your not someone worth talking to, I won't respond even if you do.
May 12, 2013 1:51 AM

Apr 2007
FMA brotherhood overrated?

I rly havent seen any anime that could top FMA overall...sure there might be better story, better action, better comedy, better drama, better romance animes out there

But no anime had all the genres and did it as good as FMA.

So yes FMA brotherhood deserves to be highly and one of the best animes in the world. Top 5 atleast.
May 12, 2013 2:27 AM

Mar 2012
HurricaneSweet said:
SaberRitsu said:

Anyway FMA>FMAB

Animation is nothing praise-worthy since it was a newer series and it wasn't on-going like the old one (by that I mean it DID have a precise length of 64 episodes.

Also the grander scale only made it look less believable, and same goes for going softer.

Yep, typical action with better writing. If you put it against some typical shonen anime, it stands, put it against anything else, falls short like Ed (i'm so hilarious I must use that joke all the time)
I'm glad you feel like you belong, but I don't think the show is complete crap either. FMAB is still a fantastic show that far outclasses most anime out there even if it does have a few flaws.
May 12, 2013 11:05 AM

Dec 2012
Yes you are the only one who thinks this show is overrated.

It's now ranked #1 on mal anyways!
May 12, 2013 11:30 AM
Sep 2012
@Introv well as an authority on myself I can say I don't like it. That statement is enough. You hounding me about it shows that you are simply trying the "hey guys he likes Naruto" which is exactly what I'm trying to expose, you being the one doing it over and over shows that exactly.

Plus, get it through your head, that the MAL doesn't really represent what people watched, I don't even know my own list, I updated it once I regged and no more, so your butthurt attempts at making fun of it fall short, like Edward Elric... hahahahaha

@Saber better than the average shonens, but compared to series that are good, you can see how it's dwarfed by them (lmao)

*gonna obnoxiously make midget jokes to show that point from now on* xD
May 12, 2013 11:36 AM

May 2013
HurricaneSweet said:

@Saber better than the average shonens, but compared to series that are good, you can see how it's dwarfed by them (lmao)

Geez, you are very adamant about hating this show since you have been shouting the same criticisms ad nauseam in this thread for the past few days.

It seems that you hate this show and really hate the fact that it is in the top spots on here, Anime News Network, AniDb, anime-planet, etc.

Oh well, have fun in continuing to hate this show every single day on this thread saying the same things over and over again.
Conan_KudoMay 12, 2013 1:32 PM
May 12, 2013 2:43 PM

Mar 2013
FMA is a big pile of steaming shit compared to FMAB, and that is a fact. If you guys intend on criticizing this show, then at least compare it to something decent.
May 13, 2013 7:56 PM

Oct 2012
i will watched this.. i hope this is really not overrated

May 15, 2013 12:29 AM

Jan 2012
No you're not, I like and respect the original a lot more.
May 15, 2013 2:22 AM

Aug 2012
Yes, the first FMA was darker, and the reason FMAB wasn't as dark was because it didn't need to. It had angst when necessary, but all the characters move on properly.

A few examples:
FMA - When Barry the Chopper made Al doubt Ed. Al ran away like a baby, happened to end up in an Ishbalan ghetto with Scar. It needed a to have a huge battle happening with multiple Ishbalan lives at stake to solve this personal dilemma.

FMAB - After Al vocalized his doubts about Ed, Winry only had to explain to Al the whole situation felt in Ed's perspective to make Al realise his mistake. They then had a 5-minute talk on top of the roof to solve the dilemma. DONE.

This is one of the few things I remember about the original anime compared to FMAB because I haven't watched the first one for a long time. It's things like these that set FMAB apart from FMA. FMAB knows when to end a problem and doesn't drag it out. The characters also don't overreact or go to emotional at the wrong times. And there aren't any annoying characters or characters that caused a stupid problem that evolved into a massive life-threatening event.
May 16, 2013 12:58 AM
Sep 2012
rockbot said:
HurricaneSweet said:

Geez, you are very adamant about hating this show since you have been shouting the same criticisms ad nauseam in this thread for the past few days.

It seems that you hate this show and really hate the fact that it is in the top spots on here, Anime News Network, AniDb, anime-planet, etc.

Oh well, have fun in continuing to hate this show every single day on this thread saying the same things over and over again.

I didn't know it had a top spot on other places, but you seem to be obsessed with it and have to know how it scores on everywhere, that shows which one of us has a morbind obsession. You just worship the series.

Point out where I outright hated it? seems like this is a troll's first line of defense against anything he's not smart enough to reply to, "hater", "troll"... OK. I gave my points, and not a single fan of this huge fandom could refute it, must have some truth to it.
May 16, 2013 3:02 AM
Mar 2013
No it deserves the large fanbase for such an original concept and amazing story. Besides, there will always be people saying OMG THIS ANIME IS SOOOOOOO OVERRATED!!! FMA has almost every good genre all in 1 anime, it's like Fate/Zero without the comedy because Fate/Zero is mature, and you can pretty much recommend FMA and F/Z to anyone.
SwiftKillaMay 16, 2013 3:06 AM
May 16, 2013 9:27 AM

May 2013
HurricaneSweet said:

I didn't know it had a top spot on other places, but you seem to be obsessed with it and have to know how it scores on everywhere, that shows which one of us has a morbind obsession. You just worship the series.

Point out where I outright hated it? seems like this is a troll's first line of defense against anything he's not smart enough to reply to, "hater", "troll"... OK. I gave my points, and not a single fan of this huge fandom could refute it, must have some truth to it.

You are still complaining this show and the fans? Dude, calm down and relax. Just because you are angrily obsessed with hating this show doesn't mean that you take out your frustrations on me and the other fans of this show. It seems that you mind is full of anger when discussing this show.

Just calm down and relax. No need to get angry over a show.
Conan_KudoMay 16, 2013 10:04 AM
May 16, 2013 11:06 AM
Sep 2012
Lol nice way to troll, but I get you, since you are always on all these sites trying to crucify whoever criticizes your favorite series, and judging by your avatar you probably believe you're being a detective in doing so, I'm fine with all your complexes, really, but I just hope you'd tone them down.

And always remember, if you're gonna rage over a show, limit it to one site at a time, going to every forum is just way too unhealthy :)
May 16, 2013 11:17 AM

May 2013
HurricaneSweet said:
Lol nice way to troll, but I get you, since you are always on all these sites trying to crucify whoever criticizes your favorite series, and judging by your avatar you probably believe you're being a detective in doing so, I'm fine with all your complexes, really, but I just hope you'd tone them down.

And always remember, if you're gonna rage over a show, limit it to one site at a time, going to every forum is just way too unhealthy :)

It seems you are now directing all your hate and anger towards me. Just calm down and relax. Having this much hate towards a show is very unhealthy. No need to direct all your hatred and anger towards me. I am only trying to calm you down as you have anger towards me.

Just relax.
May 16, 2013 2:30 PM

Jan 2012
You should rather recommend some good anime to me rather then be arguing here.
When I want recommendations, i get 5-6 replies and thisthread has already over 130...

I simply stated FMAB didn't affect me at all. Not the story, nor the character nor the emotional feel.
I did'nt say it sucked, I gave it 7/10. Just wanted to find out are there people sharing my opinion, thats all.
May 16, 2013 3:07 PM
Sep 2012
@ecimir true, the people here just can't accept it, you say the show is mediocre and they assume you think it's some abomination.

Some guy went to 3-4 other forums just to prove his point and force me to like it as much as he did...

Shonen forum residents seem to be incapable of arguing in anyway other than personal attacks.
May 17, 2013 1:25 AM
Sep 2012
^ Damn it not here as well :/
stop following me. God, this obsession is out of control.
May 17, 2013 1:50 AM

Dec 2012
Overrated? Slighty.
Shit, bad, Average, good - No.

It was amazing, perhaps not the most amazing anime in existence, but awareness and quality will always fight each other to the death, it's extremely rare that quality wins.

May 17, 2013 2:09 AM

Nov 2011
I understand your point, but I personally like FMA, besides there is much anime even more overrated.
I luv u
May 17, 2013 4:56 PM

Oct 2012
the truth is there is no such an overrated anime. Because there always someone who loved and hated toward one specific anime. and the one who hate probably would said it's overrated. so there's no point to argument because each individual is obviously different.

May 17, 2013 6:51 PM

Apr 2013
I would say yes but I thought it was freaking awesome
May 21, 2013 6:43 PM

Nov 2011
ryshin said:
the truth is there is no such an overrated anime. Because there always someone who loved and hated toward one specific anime. and the one who hate probably would said it's overrated. so there's no point to argument because each individual is obviously different.

But if we judge with your viewpoint, the word "overrated" or "underrated" won't make sense.
I luv u
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

133 by Angel_crush1 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.