Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 1, 2007 4:44 AM

Jun 2007
Yup...we all knew the thread was comin'.

So...H3...what to say about it...good? Bad? Undecisive due to the cheating standbyers online?

Also, are you mad they took out some of the "classic" maps, such as blood gulch?

-This topic has been made out of boredom.

Oct 1, 2007 10:32 AM

Aug 2007
"The horror. THE HORROR. Aaaaagh.

"I thought I'd be safe here, but the halo fans have found me. Noooooo! I just prefer mice and keyboards! I have the utmost respect for your way of life! I'm sure a pad can be just as good as a mouse, yes; whatever you say, just please put down the metal helmet replica and we'll just...talk.

"No, I'm not saying it's generic or unoriginal! Marines versus aliens, that's a classic, that's like Shakespeare with power armour, right? And, uh, how about that grenade button, eh? Whatever else, you can at least claim that as your very own innovation! The haters can never take that from you!

"And online multiplayer, huh? Who would have thought it would be so popular? Even a level editor! Right on the bleeding edge, you know? But you know, you've still got that four-player co-op. I mean, so good you need at least two machines for it, right? Not even PCs have that. Right?"

(I'm sorry. I couldn't resist this. Please enjoy Halo 3 and take no notice of me, I don't really hate it, I'm just sick of hearing about it how utterly great it is when I thought it, or Halo 1 at least, was really really average.)
Oct 1, 2007 11:26 AM

Sep 2007
i duno since i
1. dont played it
2. dont have a xbox360
but i really dont know whats so great about halo i am a pc gamer so WHEN!!! it comes for the pc its just another 8/15 shooter dont have really a great reason for me to play it cause the pc have many really many alternatives
but since i am not a shooter fan i dont really care about this^^
so plz dont flame me >_<
Oct 1, 2007 12:20 PM
Jun 2007
I wasn't remotely impressed with the first two the third installment was much better IMO but still lacked anything impressive i haven't seen on other PC FPS. I still prefer my mouse and keyboard in the fps genre. Halos a pretty decent attempt, I just feel I'm controlling a robot when i am playing with a controller.

I would give it a 7.5 simply because i felt for a spread out over 3 games the ending was rather anti-climactic and i wasn't "awed" by anything Still fairly enjoyable with a 4 person co-op

Orange Box > Halo 3

Trevor (OP)

Oct 1, 2007 3:27 PM

Sep 2007
the most overrated game in existance. im sorry but when i played this, i was expecting sumthing better which they did do some new things. but still jus same ole crap. and easy to pwn pvp. :).

but like i said. Halo=Overrated.

Thats my 2 cents
Oct 1, 2007 3:29 PM

Jan 2007
Halo is fun. I enjoy my time playing it. But i'd pick Unreal or CoD4 over it anyday.
Oct 1, 2007 4:06 PM

Oct 2006
I, for one, really like Halo 3. It's by no means the best shooter around, but I find it quite enjoyable, particularly the co-op. Hell, I'd even go so far as to say only the co-op. I don't have no interest in other multiplayer and precious little in playing by myself unless the game happens to be something different (Half-life 2 was great fun, and I've always liked the Hitman games, Deus Ex, etc.) But all my favorite shooters that aren't anything spectacular or innovative are the ones with good co-op play.

I'm definitely not going to ramble on about how great it is though. I mean, for a seemingly generic shooter I'd say it has a pretty good story, but it's by no means deserving of all the hype and fanboyism.
Oct 1, 2007 4:40 PM

Aug 2007
My fragmented view of Halo 3 so far (complete with enough grammatical errors for my English teacher to question his existence)

The scenery looks moderately pretty, the characters still look horrible, the campaign is way too short, the story is generic whole that goddamn Cortana and Gravemind don't seem to shut the hell up!

On normal mode the difficulty is inconsistent (not played on other difficulties)... ranging from being able pistol whip an entire level to becoming best friends with the checkpoint because even this flamethrower ain't stopping that many damn flood that are sniping me when i come from cover and massing me while I'm in cover.

Shields seem to go down quicker than before although perhaps that's just me being paranoid but i seem to be running for cover a lot more than the previous games.

Weapon balance is thrown off by them putting too many weapons in the game. Spikers are OP while needlers (now no longer dual wield) and plasma pistols seem to be better to melee people down with. While the gravity hammer is the new plasma sword. Not just the person in front of you dies, but the person to the left/right, nearby movable scenery and vehicles get owned.

The controls seem as how all console FPS should be. The bumpers for reloading seem to fit the dual wielding nicely.

Grenades being nerfed to only 2 of each kind. And the 2 new types suck so I'd rather had more of old ones.

Level design while short can be fun (if not those damn flood levels!).

Overall i say it was average. I wished i had saved that money for something else :( (but then again I've always hated halo and thought it was overrated).

Back onto Elder Scrolls Oblivion for me. I just had to steal a sweet roll in which I'm going to trade with the madman for his calming pants... This Shivering Isles expansion is brilliant since all things seem as bizarre as that last sentence!

Oct 2, 2007 1:11 PM

Jun 2007
lol Love the responses people. So far I've gotten:

-Overrated
-Average
-"OMG IT'S FOUND ME"

*jots down notes* Well, I've tested the reaction of the community, and it's just as I hypothesized, haha!

Oct 2, 2007 1:56 PM

Jun 2007
It's bad ass. See what these people don't seem to realize is that almost any shooter you make now is going to be generic. It's like running into an episode of south park, and the simpisons that turn out to be based on the same thing. It has all been done before.The only thing people have to go on now is can it be done better. H3 does it's job. Does it pretty damn good in fact. Hell they even brought back the Assault Rifle, thank god, and the fixed the balance issue between covenant guns versus human guns. Pick up a carbine now, and you'll be pleasantly surprised. They did over power the needler a little bit though. Oh and active camo actually works.

Not to mention it has the best multi-player portal ever designed. Rankings end up turning it more into a sports match then something like CS where you just pick a server, and hope you have a chance.
Check out how a pimp blings.

Oct 2, 2007 3:17 PM

Nov 2006
Halo 1: Crap
Halo 2: Another Crap
Halo 3: Very Good but not omg godliz (I liked the campaign a lot, at least the story this time was more.... different than the first two.)

In my opinion that is, I don't see why camp out & wait in line though >_>; I got my copy right at 8:45AM at Target with no lines! :D Now Gears of War...... I don't like it or see whats big about it.
Oct 5, 2007 8:00 AM

Oct 2007
From what I can tell, H3 is pretty much the same exact thing as H2, but with different weapons and items. As well as the Plasma grenades and regular grenades, they added in Fire grenades. They're alright, but it seems like a bit much. I don't actually have the game, but from watching my friends play, its not that bad. Like NietonoNoShana said, the story is a lot more different than the first two.
Oct 5, 2007 10:02 AM

Sep 2007
its AWESOME
beaten it almost a week ago
havnt play much live yet but from the champain
its REALLY AWESOME
JOIN ZERO REQUIEM

Oct 14, 2007 8:21 PM

May 2007
CamPAIN xD
Meh i can't say anything. I never played.
But graphics really are something
Oct 15, 2007 2:44 PM
Jun 2007
played halo 3 online
dont get all the big hype its more like halo 2.5 since it has a little bit of gfx improvement, few new items (flame thrower is not new they had it in halo 1 for pc) and changed the lvls around a bit

it is decent but im tired of hearing little kids whine that they are sniping me nd stuff
wish they had a mute all conversation button >_>
Oct 15, 2007 3:25 PM

Aug 2007
Raja said:
flame thrower is not new they had it in halo 1 for pc)

Oh dear god horrible memorys of the flood sections and flame thrower are coming back to me.

What's worse than hundred of flood charging you?

Hundreds of flood on fire and no where to run because you're surrounded by flames.

Oct 16, 2007 6:52 AM

Oct 2007
The halo version for the pc wasn't as good as the one for XBox. I mean it had good maps, but it wasn't as good as the XBox Version
Oct 16, 2007 12:42 PM
Jun 2007
i dunno bout that
i think the pc version was a lot better since it had more maps + that flame thrower and a covenant granade launcher (those things the big blue things had which take for ever to die)
only thing that sucked bout pc was that it was 16 players instead of 32
Oct 17, 2007 4:37 PM

Jun 2007
I really don't see how this game keeps getting called Halo 2.5, because that's completely untrue.
Oct 17, 2007 9:35 PM
Jun 2007
Norskil said:
I really don't see how this game keeps getting called Halo 2.5, because that's completely untrue.

enlighten us a bit then :)
Oct 18, 2007 7:42 AM

Oct 2007
Norskil said:

I think they're comparing it to be like Halo 2.5, but they know that it isn't.
Oct 21, 2007 7:35 AM

Jun 2007
Raja said:
Norskil said:

enlighten us a bit then :)

I don't think I'm going to waste the time and effort, since there is a 99% chance that you won't listen, or even care for that matter.
Oct 22, 2007 11:30 AM
Jun 2007
i dont mind unless u are planning on posting more than a page
then i probably wotn read it >_>
Oct 31, 2007 7:27 AM

Jun 2007
Raja said:
i dont mind unless u are planning on posting more than a page
then i probably wotn read it >_>

I probably would type quite a bit. But the last few times I've done something like this people just brush it off like what all I've said is BS.

But seriously, if you play Halo 2 then put in Halo 3, there is quite a big difference in the way the games look and feel.
Oct 31, 2007 9:02 AM
Jun 2007
for campaign mode ill agree to it
but for multi player it has the same loook and feel as all the other halos for some reason
Nov 1, 2007 5:35 AM

Jun 2007
Raja said:
for campaign mode ill agree to it
but for multi player it has the same loook and feel as all the other halos for some reason

I can see how multi would look the same for you but for the way it plays and feels, I think its way different than 2 was. But to each his own I guess. lol

More topics from this board

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
53 minutes ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
5 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
5 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
5 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Today

1 by Zettaiken »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.