Forum Settings
Forums

Are any of you MAL users bodybuilders? Or have a regular workout routine?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 13, 2013 8:16 AM
Dec 2012
InfiniteRyvius said:
I walk a fair amount...

Legit.
Jan 13, 2013 8:21 AM

Oct 2012
Can't afford a car, I just cycle everwhere, that's pretty much it. I do live in quite a MOUNTAINOUS area, so it is actually a pretty good workout sometimes, but only for my legs/endurance.
"He's not dead, he's Katsura."
Jan 13, 2013 8:38 AM

Oct 2009
bulls123 said:
i know ppl workout to get tougher/look better but i cant understand why ppl love to do it. i mean its tiring and can be a real pain at times. but watevs. i usually like run every now and then but in terms of lifting i dont do jack. i mite pick it up again jst cuz i never want to be fat in my life.Ever

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."

- Plato
Jan 13, 2013 10:02 AM

Aug 2012
BloodCalibur said:
- Anywhere between 8-16 rounds of sparring (3 minute rounds)
- 3 rounds of mitt work
- 25 minutes of punching the heavybag
- 11 minutes on the speed bag
- 15 minutes of jump rope
- Two sets of 120 push ups (total 240) : one set of 60 pushups with a 15 lb headband
- 200 normal situps on the incline bench (down angle of course)
- 50 situps on the incline bench with 25 lb dumbells held above each shoulder (50 lb resistance)
- 2 rounds (3 minutes each) of having the medicine ball slammed against my stomach
- 6 minutes of V-Ups
- 40 pull ups : 40 chin ups : 5 single arm chin ups per arm
- 1 hour of running on the treadmill (~6 miles)

Good shit right there. I wish I did more boxing, but doing too much would ruin my arm. Need it to throw 90+ on the hill.

The most difficult part of my workout is the 2 minute torture drill... you've never known true pain until you do it....
Jan 13, 2013 2:02 PM

Oct 2012
I hate cardio, so I do it once a week only. I do lift however 3 times a week. Benchpressing 265 atm. It's not my all time best but then again it's all for fun in my case.

Currently I am rather busy with college and all that but still manage to keep all of my past gains.
So if anyone shares the hobby and has any question, ask away.
Jan 22, 2013 1:57 PM
Dec 2012
not many weightlifters here it seems

here is a brazilian music for encouragement

Jan 22, 2013 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
No I don't.
Jan 22, 2013 2:09 PM
Dec 2012
I usually go 5/6 times per week to fitness, but im too lazy to write my workout lol
Jan 22, 2013 2:12 PM

Apr 2008
ErkanEspada said:
I usually go 5/6 times per week to fitness, but im too lazy to write my workout lol

so what you're saying is you don't really lift but go to gym to be stupid with every other NYE resolution lunatic?
Jan 22, 2013 2:17 PM
Dec 2012
no? i lift but the fitness here is totally different we lift way more than running on a running machine for example lol...
Jan 22, 2013 3:26 PM

Sep 2011
BloodCalibur said:
- Anywhere between 8-16 rounds of sparring (3 minute rounds)
- 3 rounds of mitt work
- 25 minutes of punching the heavybag
- 11 minutes on the speed bag
- 15 minutes of jump rope
- Two sets of 120 push ups (total 240) : one set of 60 pushups with a 15 lb headband
- 200 normal situps on the incline bench (down angle of course)
- 50 situps on the incline bench with 25 lb dumbells held above each shoulder (50 lb resistance)
- 2 rounds (3 minutes each) of having the medicine ball slammed against my stomach
- 6 minutes of V-Ups
- 40 pull ups : 40 chin ups : 5 single arm chin ups per arm
- 1 hour of running on the treadmill (~6 miles)

Used to be more with work concerning kicks, knee, elbow and other forms of striking but I've gotten lazy due to no longer pursuing something in that field for now.

All of this takes roughly about 4 hours to finish but sometimes an hour less if I don't do the 1 hour of running. I do this anywhere between 4-6 days a week but usually go for 6.

Notice no weight lifting.

Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Jan 22, 2013 3:38 PM

Mar 2012
No I don't work out mainly because I'm too lazy. However, I have been thinking about going to the gym to tone my muscles though
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SilentSuicide&sclick=1]
Jan 22, 2013 4:09 PM

Feb 2012
Yes worked out for 4 years been using steroids the past year.
Jan 22, 2013 4:10 PM
Jul 2018
GodotCoffee said:
Yes worked out for 4 years been using steroids the past year.
Who needs large testicles anyway, amaright?
Jan 22, 2013 4:12 PM

Feb 2012
Meh, they were small to begin with.

EDIT: (It should be noted I do not encourage steroid use. I have not seen any negative effects so far but as soon as I do I will stop.)
GodotCoffeeJan 22, 2013 4:52 PM
Jan 22, 2013 4:14 PM

May 2012
Back in the day I did.

100 Sit Ups
50 reps of 160
50 Supermans
50 ZottMan Curls with 30lbs weights in each arm
100 Knee Strikers
100 Push Ups
2 Miles on the bike.

Alas, I no longer have the vigor I used to. I rarely work out anymore.
Jan 22, 2013 5:29 PM

Mar 2012
I chop wood on a daily basis.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 22, 2013 5:29 PM

Oct 2012
i have a bunch of long regualr workouts i do that im to lazy to type out,

but bodybuilding.com is actually a great source for full routines. Alot of professional bodybuilders have day by day plans set up and even tell you how to change your diet to fit the exact routine

every once in a while when i feel my workout is to repetitive i try one of their workouts, and most r unlike anything they have prbly tried before
Jan 22, 2013 5:33 PM

Aug 2012
My routine consists of typing, and lifting food and drink to my mouth.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Jan 22, 2013 5:37 PM

Mar 2012
theglack said:
Alot of professional bodybuilders have day by day plans set up and even tell you how to change your diet to fit the exact routine
Wow. I mean, I love exercise and understand the importance of planing your diet if you have a specific race, tournament, contest, etc., but planning your day-to-day diet to fit different workout routines? I can't imagine being that hardcore.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 22, 2013 6:47 PM

Oct 2012
I was thinking of starting.

I'm a pretty skinny guy. (5'8 and 120lbs.)

I already do pushups and situps at home to start (100 pushups and 75 situps three times a week, then i might sign up for a gym membership so i can get access to equipment and start a routine.

Only part of me that is significantly muscular are my calves, mostly from running and biking.
Jan 22, 2013 7:30 PM
Jul 2012
Doing only pushups/situps does not mean you work out
Jan 22, 2013 7:34 PM

Oct 2009
trueld said:

yes it can

Danielcook said:

I already do pushups and situps at home to start (100 pushups and 75 situps three times a week, then i might sign up for a gym membership so i can get access to equipment and start a routine.

Only part of me that is significantly muscular are my calves, mostly from running and biking.

lol google 5'8" 120 lbs and youll find most of the results are women... you need some more meat on your shoulders man
Jan 22, 2013 7:34 PM

Oct 2012
trueld said:

It doesn't? Well, there's no equipment at my house, so i can't lift or anything like that.
Jan 22, 2013 7:35 PM

Oct 2009
Danielcook said:
trueld said:

It doesn't? Well, there's no equipment at my house, so i can't lift or anything like that.

that does constitute working out

you dont need machines weights or even pure strength training to work out
Jan 22, 2013 7:36 PM

Oct 2012
RandomChampion said:
trueld said:

yes it can

Danielcook said:

lol google 5'8" 120 lbs and youll find most of the results are women... you need some more meat on your shoulders man

Well, i'm 16.

I eat alot too. I don't know what i'm doing wrong.
Jan 22, 2013 7:38 PM

Oct 2012
RandomChampion said:
Danielcook said:
trueld said:

that does constitute working out

you dont need machines weights or even pure strength training to work out

I wanted to hang a broom handle on top of the door frame a while back, so i can do chinups, but my parents didnt like the idea.
Jan 22, 2013 7:46 PM

Oct 2009
Danielcook said:
RandomChampion said:
trueld said:

yes it can

Danielcook said:

Well, i'm 16.

I eat alot too. I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

i was kinda joking around. you are in fact very thin, but it's really no big deal. if you really do wanna put on some mass though, youre gonna have to look into certain exercises and follow specific diets. basically youre gonna have to start lifting (properly) lol. Youre really not doing anything wrong though - some of us find it extremely difficult to put on mass (just as someone people find it tough to cut or lose weight in general). it will probably get a bit easier as you get older too.

by the way, u dont have to focus on muscle mass to be muscular. lifters usually lift primarily for looks of the musculature and even put it above strength. so you dont necessarily have to be "big" to be "muscular" - you can be a lean mean fighting machine with highly effective muscles nonetheless
Jan 22, 2013 7:52 PM

Jun 2011
Stats from a few months ago. Squat has gone up A LOT. Still around the same weight, I think. Bench is more like 160 x 5 now

tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Jan 22, 2013 8:09 PM

Oct 2012
I masturbate a lot, does that count?
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 22, 2013 8:10 PM

Apr 2008
iCameSwagYOLO420 said:
Stats from a few months ago. Squat has gone up A LOT. Still around the same weight, I think. Bench is more like 160 x 5 now

do u even lift?
Jan 22, 2013 8:20 PM

Jul 2012
Danielcook said:

Ha I feel ya man I was like that in middleschool but that's due to my height I was 6'0 when I was a freshman in highschool I was also really skinny. What you have is just a simply HIGH metabolism
I would suggest simply protein shakes and put a little meat in your diet your young so no rush trust me I was athletic since I was little I just loved outdoors so running was daily but I was skinny with a high metabolism and cardio doesn't make putting muscle on easy, so as you can imagine I was skinny just change your diet a little.
Btw don't know what that idiot said about push ups and situps not counting as workouts but if you want to be toned push ups and situps are great man.
So your main problem is you have a high metabolism and you do a lot of cardio so your body is burning the fat quickly .....since I play college basketball(point guard) and do track ....I do pretty serious cardio so I'm not aiming to be bulky but rather toned, keep that in mind are you trying to get big or toned etc? Then go about that
Amon-RawJan 22, 2013 8:26 PM
Jan 22, 2013 8:32 PM

Oct 2009
katsucats said:

them forearms of peace lol
Jan 22, 2013 9:20 PM

Oct 2012
Amon-Raw said:
Danielcook said:

Ha I feel ya man I was like that in middleschool but that's due to my height I was 6'0 when I was a freshman in highschool I was also really skinny. What you have is just a simply HIGH metabolism
I would suggest simply protein shakes and put a little meat in your diet your young so no rush trust me I was athletic since I was little I just loved outdoors so running was daily but I was skinny with a high metabolism and cardio doesn't make putting muscle on easy, so as you can imagine I was skinny just change your diet a little.
Btw don't know what that idiot said about push ups and situps not counting as workouts but if you want to be toned push ups and situps are great man.
So your main problem is you have a high metabolism and you do a lot of cardio so your body is burning the fat quickly .....since I play college basketball(point guard) and do track ....I do pretty serious cardio so I'm not aiming to be bulky but rather toned, keep that in mind are you trying to get big or toned etc? Then go about that

I wanna get muscles.
Jan 22, 2013 9:49 PM

Dec 2010
iCameSwagYOLO420 said:

Mind telling me what program/app you're using for this? It looks great.

Jan 22, 2013 10:32 PM

Jul 2012
Danielcook said:

I wanna get muscles.

I know that lol but do you want toned muscles or bulky muscles ,lean muscle (although kinda the same with toned imo)
Bulky is generally large muscles while toned is outlined muscles .
Usually depending on what sport your doing it would be easier to recommend or tip on where to start but since you do exercise for your leisure, it just comes down to personal preference so if your looking for body building styled muscles then you wanna start bulking up which is a lot harder to do from how your body type is from what you told us since your skinny . Toned is like model styled muscle just look the two up and see what you prefer.

I like my body toned because I don't want to add much weight that will impact my running performance which is HUGE for me as a point guard. Although I've seen some fast ass big guys(I'm talking 5'9 200+ guys) that can keep up with me lol but that was back in highschool track and football and Georgia doesn't play with running it's not surprising to find fast people there, when I went down to Florida people were saying I was crazy fast but back in Georgia there were a lot of fast people lol. Also basketball players tend to be toned out because of the cardio we do which burns fat like a MF
I've seen bulky players but they tend to not keep up with faster players and I never see them in any college division. So it's either for performance or looks so your pick
Jan 22, 2013 10:37 PM

Oct 2012
Amon-Raw said:
Danielcook said:

I wanna get muscles.

I know that lol but do you want toned muscles or bulky muscles ,lean muscle (although kinda the same with toned imo)
Bulky is generally large muscles while toned is outlined muscles .
Usually depending on what sport your doing it would be easier to recommend or tip on where to start but since you do exercise for your leisure, it just comes down to personal preference so if your looking for body building styled muscles then you wanna start bulking up which is a lot harder to do from how your body type is from what you told us since your skinny . Toned is like model styled muscle just look the two up and see what you prefer.

I like my body toned because I don't want to add much weight that will impact my running performance which is HUGE for me as a point guard. Although I've seen some fast ass big guys(I'm talking 5'9 200+ guys) that can keep up with me lol but that was back in highschool track and football and Georgia doesn't play with running it's not surprising to find fast people there, when I went down to Florida people were saying I was crazy fast but back in Georgia there were a lot of fast people lol. Also basketball players tend to be toned out because of the cardio we do which burns fat like a MF
I've seen bulky players but they tend to not keep up with faster players and I never see them in any college division. So it's either for performance or looks so your pick

Hmm probably toned muscles.

You play college basketball?

I play basketball myself, but only streetball/recreational basketball, lol. I suck tho.
Jan 22, 2013 11:13 PM

Sep 2012
yeah i lift
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2013 5:02 AM

Dec 2012
I want to lift but... it's tiring to go to a gym. I lack enough equipment and if I tried to do some lifting with less equip. it might mess up my body
Jan 23, 2013 5:06 AM

May 2012
too lazy to do that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2013 7:39 AM

Dec 2012
I don't have the time to workout, but i'll try a workout program this summer :p
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jan 23, 2013 7:41 AM

Jan 2008
baseball3b said:
Holybaptiser said:
Yeah, I work out.

3 sport varsity captain.

My usual routine

-500 jump ropes (Every mess-up, do 50 more)
-200 pushups
-200 sit ups
-7 minutes of hell workout (squats, frog jumps, etc)
-2 minute torture drill
-2 mile run

Rinse and repeat every day. In the baseball offseason, I usually lift, focusing on biceps, triceps, legs, and stomach

What does the 2 minute torture drill consist of?

Do you do 200 pushups in a row, or rest between sets?
Jan 23, 2013 1:52 PM

Jul 2012
Danielcook said:

Hmm probably toned muscles.

You play college basketball?

I play basketball myself, but only streetball/recreational basketball, lol. I suck tho.

Alright message me and I can help you out.
Yeah I do recovering from my leg injury but so far so good, I play here in Connecticut after playing varsity basketball and playing Nike aau team in Florida and top highschool basketball in Georgia .

Anyways here's my regiment I guess:
Since I play college basketball and run track on the side my routine fluctuates

I usually play from basketball on a none practice day from 10:00am-9pm also a 30 minute lunch break with friend lol before I pass out
Usually I run a mile every day my time is : 5min 15 and a good day 4min:57 I believe
About 50 suicides on my own before practice which is like additional 30+
The usual sprints
When I have no access to equipment push ups,situps, curls (not everyday to keep my self from straining and keeping my dribble still accurate),pull ups
Then having someone with the rope on my waist and two ball dribble also sometimes passing with the medicine ball while being held back.
Weighted ball while dribbling and layups.
On occasion jump rope however I never see a difference that it increases my vertical since I already jump high and dunk so I prefer to stay on stairs and do toe raises with dumbbells also slapping the back board while being held back with the rope.
Two ball dribble with weighted balls.
Squats , bench press,leg press
Oh um I do use the bag but I prefer someone helping me with the pads which is good for eye coordination

Probably will edit this but this is some of the stuff that I do on MY own time not considering my actual practices.
Amon-RawJan 23, 2013 1:59 PM
Jan 23, 2013 4:50 PM

Jun 2012
Eh im too lazy.. i prolly should workout.
Jan 23, 2013 5:23 PM

Nov 2011
I run on my Treadmill for like 30-60 min

katsucats said:

This too
Jan 23, 2013 6:05 PM

Dec 2012
Yea i do. I try to work out on Fridays and Saturdays.
I take a good 30 mins to shower and do the other hygenic stuff, than after that
I have a routine of living my dumbbell and doing stretches before i leave for school.
I curl my dumbbell 30 times on each arm (45 pound dumbbell), than bring it over my head and get my shoulder and upper chest. do that 20 times. than i do wall sits with my dumbbell for a min or 2.
Than do my stretches.

I take a good pace doing all these things for better results. I bench 210 if you are curious

About time i do all that 20 mins would have passed and it would be time for me to head out and leave for college. So 30 mins to get dressed and stuff 20 mins of getting body flexed and stretches. 50 mins total.

I use to lift and work out a lot back in high school. Especially my Sophomore year (10th grade). I wasnt into anime that time (got into anime senior year), so i did nothing but play sports and work out. My body was in a HELL OF A LOT better shape than now. Im not saying i totally lost my body because i still got it. It just not as toned as it used to be :(
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
Jan 23, 2013 11:06 PM

Feb 2012
I'd certainly like to, but it's just a matter of motivating myself I guess. I'm looking to put on a bit of weight, but my body just seems to repel fat, I cannot gain weight by eating at all (not that I'd really want to). I suppose I have a high metabolism too.

Anyone got some tips/good beginner workouts that I should try?
Jan 24, 2013 5:33 AM

Dec 2012
I'm currently doing a bulk using a high weight, low rep routine focusing on barbell compound exercises which is by far the best way to gain mass. I'm using Reg Park's routine to be specific.

A Day

Squats - 5x5
Pullups - 5x5
Benchpress - 5x5
Wrist curls - 2x20
Calf raises - 2x20

B Day

Deadlift - 3x5
Front Squat - 5x5
Bent over rows - 5x5
Overhead Press - 5x5
Wrist curls - 2x20
Calf raises - 2x20

Going 3 days a week right now.

Kamio-chan said:

Look up a good beginner routine such as starting strength, or even what I'm doing right now. Make sure to watch videos of each exercise before you try it because form is much more important than anything else.

After that just make sure you eat enough, and as healthy as you can. Ideally get at the minimum 2500 calories a day, and between 0.5/0.75grams of protein per pound of your ideal lean body mass.
Jan 24, 2013 1:06 PM

Dec 2012
Boocake said:
I'm currently doing a bulk using a high weight, low rep routine focusing on barbell compound exercises which is by far the best way to gain mass. I'm using Reg Park's routine to be specific.

A Day

Squats - 5x5
Pullups - 5x5
Benchpress - 5x5
Wrist curls - 2x20
Calf raises - 2x20

B Day

Deadlift - 3x5
Front Squat - 5x5
Bent over rows - 5x5
Overhead Press - 5x5
Wrist curls - 2x20
Calf raises - 2x20

Going 3 days a week right now.

Kamio-chan said:

Look up a good beginner routine such as starting strength, or even what I'm doing right now. Make sure to watch videos of each exercise before you try it because form is much more important than anything else.

After that just make sure you eat enough, and as healthy as you can. Ideally get at the minimum 2500 calories a day, and between 0.5/0.75grams of protein per pound of your ideal lean body mass.

that sounds really efficient. You've been doing that for quite some time. Have you noticed any differences in your body mass? What was the first place you noticed?

Also im guessing you go to the gym. I dont know many people that own their own gym set in their house besides like a treadmill or some weights.

This isnt BodyBuilding forums so ill just leave it at that lol
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
Jan 24, 2013 1:21 PM
Dec 2012
RandomChampion said:
katsucats said:

them forearms of peace lol

Making all kinds of gains, all kinds.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Women live longer than men

MUFFlN - Yesterday

20 by tsukareru »»
26 minutes ago

» Have you ever put someone on the 'Ignored Users' list?

Thy-Veseveia - May 7

29 by rohan121 »»
29 minutes ago

» Have you ever experienced something scary, disturbing, or unsettling?

SaltyCookie - Yesterday

18 by tsukareru »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » do godzilla or any other kaiju actually exist irl?

FruitPunchBaka - 12 hours ago

15 by tsukareru »»
32 minutes ago

» is 200k the limit?

YukiTheAlmighty - May 11

16 by tsukareru »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.