Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 30, 2012 10:33 PM

Dec 2012
Has anyone here have seen the movie yet? I'm too excited for the release of it.. meh i guess i have to wait for 6months for the sub :/
CONS ATTENDED
Anime Revolution 2012 ,Sakura-Con,Anime Expo,Dragon-con
Cosplayed as: Zeref: Fairy tail, Haku:Naruto, Gin:Bleach, Rin Okumura: Ao no Exorcist
Interested in: Cosplaying and Photography
Dec 30, 2012 10:35 PM
Oct 2012
BlackLegionnaire said:
Has anyone here have seen the movie yet? I'm too excited for the release of it.. meh i guess i have to wait for 6months for the sub :/

Nope, I am one of the few people who actually liked the end of the TV series, and I enjoyed the ending of the original movie (the greatest middle finger to otaku in existence). Haven't see the new stuff because frankly, I can't believe it would measure up to either the Freudian or Gnostic inspired ending.
Dec 30, 2012 10:38 PM

Jun 2008
I will watch all 4 when the last one come out. Not into the whole waiting for years for a series to end thing.
Dec 30, 2012 10:42 PM

Dec 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
BlackLegionnaire said:

Nope, I am one of the few people who actually liked the end of the TV series, and I enjoyed the ending of the original movie (the greatest middle finger to otaku in existence). Haven't see the new stuff because frankly, I can't believe it would measure up to either the Freudian or Gnostic inspired ending.

Personally I liked the TV ending and I know it pissed off a lot of fans. However I felt that that End of Evangelion really expanded on how Anno really wanted to finish the story. I started watching Evangelion dubbed so I'm waiting for it to be dubbed :/
Dec 30, 2012 10:42 PM

Dec 2012
Well there's a 6min preview of it obviously waaaaaaayyyyy different from the original movie nor the series
CONS ATTENDED
Cosplayed as: Zeref: Fairy tail, Haku:Naruto, Gin:Bleach, Rin Okumura: Ao no Exorcist
Dec 30, 2012 10:44 PM

Dec 2012
6min preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnigpyCYHOc
CONS ATTENDED
Dec 30, 2012 10:52 PM
Oct 2012
Naitron said:
Personally I liked the TV ending and I know it pissed off a lot of fans. However I felt that that End of Evangelion really expanded on how Anno really wanted to finish the story. I started watching Evangelion dubbed so I'm waiting for it to be dubbed :/

Nah, I think End of Evangelion had nothing to do with how Anno wanted to end the series, and everything to do with his being pissed at receiving death threats for how he ended the original series and his desire to make a comment on the fan base. Notice that the story ends with Shinji being the last man on earth and he still can't get Asuna to sleep with him. The original ending had some optimism, but by the time Anno suffered the negative reaction to it, he had no intention of a Happy Ending.

That said, given that 20 some years have passed since then, maybe 3.0 will have a more measured ending. But I really haven't worked up the interest to check it out.
Dec 30, 2012 10:59 PM

Dec 2012
Honestly I don't think we'll ever know. But you might be right haha he could have probably been doing it to say FU to all the death threats. BTW you have a spoiler warning on your post.

Either way I liked all the iterations of Evangelion. I've seen all the versions and each one makes the story a little more unique. Glad Anno has interests in "re-telling" the story and the franchise is popular enough for him to be able to. Personally love to see a live action after the 4 movies are done. Even though I know there's slim chance of that happening now that ADV is "dead"
Dec 30, 2012 11:18 PM

Dec 2012
WildCatTomo said:
ADV is dead?

They declared bankruptcy then sold (dissolved) divisions of the company to other new companies. The companies that bought the divisions happen to be owned by people who used to work for ADV.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-09-01/adv-films-shuts-down-transfers-assets-to-other-companies
Dec 30, 2012 11:23 PM
Oct 2010
Naitron said:
Honestly I don't think we'll ever know. But you might be right haha he could have probably been doing it to say FU to all the death threats. BTW you have a spoiler warning on your post.

Either way I liked all the iterations of Evangelion. I've seen all the versions and each one makes the story a little more unique. Glad Anno has interests in "re-telling" the story and the franchise is popular enough for him to be able to. Personally love to see a live action after the 4 movies are done. Even though I know there's slim chance of that happening now that ADV is "dead"

Jan 3, 2013 11:51 AM
Apr 2012
skudoops said:

You're gonna have to explain.
Jan 8, 2013 7:35 AM

Nov 2007
fdsfgs said:
skudoops said:

You're gonna have to explain.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dupa - Dec 17, 2012

787 by ToTheGyz »»
May 19, 6:34 AM

» I am Deathly Afraid of Evangelion

DoctorOddball - Aug 29, 2023

2 by DoctorOddball »»
Aug 29, 2023 6:10 PM

» How do you feel about Shinji??

SwagDemonMan - Oct 15, 2014

24 by DoctorOddball »»
Aug 29, 2023 6:06 PM

» Evangelion 3.0 explained (attempt to) [SPOILER]

GuidSMR - Apr 18, 2023

5 by DoctorOddball »»
Aug 29, 2023 6:05 PM

» So is Evangelion 3.0 really that bad? ( 1 2 )

DeusAnima - Oct 6, 2013

75 by Jun_Rei »»
Jul 12, 2022 5:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.