Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 12, 2009 1:09 PM

Feb 2008
Will you all chill out a bit ? I mean we are talking about naruto shippuden !!! I'm pretty sure some group will pick it up from where DB left it.After all,there are a lot of fans out there that prefer to wait for a week and watch it in high quality on their PC or DVD player.
Not some shitty online crap on crunchyroll!!! It's legal to sub an episode after a week has passed from it's release.So,what's the problem ? I'll just wait for another week if I have to. And If worse goes to worse I'll just settle with the manga.And that's it! But I'm not dropping it just because DB isn't subbing it anymore.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Jan 12, 2009 10:15 PM

Jan 2009
or maybe they are scared deep inside that for a known sub group (dattebayo) to be affected by license companies (such as viz) it will might be a bad turning point on the fansubbing history nyahaha or in worse case fansubbers will be history
Jan 13, 2009 7:49 AM
Aug 2007
ArucardPL said:
WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT DB WHILE THERE'S ALREADY A NEW GROUP SUBBING NARUTO. AND AT LEAST THEY HAVE A GOOD VIDEO QUALITY. NOT A CRAP LIKE DB WAS DOING.

which group would that be?>
Jan 13, 2009 10:45 AM

Feb 2008
Probably Horrible-subs.From what I heard,they are doing a pretty good job.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Jan 13, 2009 1:13 PM

Mar 2007
ArucardPL said:
WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT DB WHILE THERE'S ALREADY A NEW GROUP SUBBING NARUTO. AND AT LEAST THEY HAVE A GOOD VIDEO QUALITY. NOT A CRAP LIKE DB WAS DOING.

I don't think DB were doing crap, they did a good job - they subbing wasn't bad at all. X_X;
I'm sad they won't sub Naruto anymore, but at least they'll be others group..

Jan 13, 2009 4:22 PM

Apr 2008
SailorKagome said:

Concerning Horrible-Subs. Do you think they'll keep it up? I'm downloading the file right now to see the quality, it probably won't be as good as Dattebayo however... its gotta be better than Viz... Viz's sucks...
Jan 13, 2009 4:25 PM
Jul 2018
xdzzz said:
SailorKagome said:

Concerning Horrible-Subs. Do you think they'll keep it up? I'm downloading the file right now to see the quality, it probably won't be as good as Dattebayo however... its gotta be better than Viz... Viz's sucks...

From what I hear, the subs that horrible-subs use are the ones they ripped from the viz-subbed episodes.
That would explain why Jiraiya is called Pervy sage in the subs
Jan 13, 2009 6:04 PM
Feb 2008
Is there something preventing DB from just releasing the script in an .ass file? I don't see anything illegal in releasing text files. The only reason I can think of is DB just not wanting to go with that route.

If you don't know what i'm talking about then go to Bullet Speed Subs, B2E, and many more.
Jan 13, 2009 6:21 PM

Aug 2007
DB is halting fansubbing Naruto simply because they don't want to do it anymore, and they claim the reason for this is because Viz is releasing subs online and that this is supposedly a good turning point for the anime industry. Me personally, I think it's not enough to make any sort of significant impact. The majority of the hardcore fans aren't going to put up with the quality of Crunchyroll, or even Joost or Hulu, because even though the latter have decent quality, it's still streaming, and most fans don't want to watch streaming video simply 'because', and I'm one of them. I want to be in control of the media I watch, I don't want it to be in control of me. By this I mean I want to be able to resize the video to ANY resolution I want, possibly make changes to soft-subs, etc. Streaming solutions just don't offer this flexibility to me. Even if I pop an official DVD into my computer I can do these things, so that's even better even though it costs more.

It's not about having a copy on my hard drive, but coincidentally, I have more control over my viewing experience of the media if it happens to be on my hard drive, that's just a fact. I'd rather have a high quality video file to download that expires, sort of like most rental systems, that would be WAY better than what ANY streaming service can offer to me.

Crunchyroll is shit. Hulu and Joost are decent, but shit because all streaming is shit if you care about your viewing experience and want the best quality. I don't care what people say, even Hulu and Joost are not enough for most of us.

BTW: We can easily rip the official subs off Crunchyroll and mux them into an MKV with a RAW, then we can all change the softsubs to fit names and phrases we're used to hearing. That's the route I'm going, I suggest those who think the way I do just follow suit. Heck, while I'm at it for myself I might even just release the .ass file on TT and identify the RAW to use. I'm sure a lot of others will be doing it anyway even if I don't.
brass2themaxJan 13, 2009 6:25 PM
Jan 15, 2009 5:15 PM

Feb 2008
Most fans are not going to watch from the racist bastards known as Crunchyroll.

Jan 15, 2009 6:16 PM
Nov 2008
Wasn't 91 their last episode they were going to sub? On their site shows 92 is out now?
Jan 15, 2009 6:17 PM
Jul 2018
Jerkrage said:
Wasn't 91 their last episode they were going to sub? On their site shows 92 is out now?

I believe that is one of their many trolls
Jan 15, 2009 6:32 PM
Nov 2008
Yeah it was...
Jan 15, 2009 6:52 PM
Jan 2009
one sad thing about the online version of Naruto Shippuuden that VIZ is providing, the quality looks terrible compared to what DB did, they made a terrific product!

typhoon
Jan 15, 2009 7:10 PM

Feb 2008
This is officially YHBT

Jan 15, 2009 8:26 PM

Feb 2008
Them dropping it is real, anyone who downloaded episode 92 from DB got trolled. Like always. When they say they are going to do something this far in advance they are doing it. They took advantage of the fact that nobody believes them anymore to troll twice the number of people they normally do. Dattebayo is done with Naruto move onto HorribleSubs version. It's not to bad in my opinion.
Jan 15, 2009 8:28 PM

Dec 2006
I'm going to download it anyway just to see what kind of troll they've cooked up =D
Jan 15, 2009 8:34 PM

Feb 2008
YadGadge said:
I'm going to download it anyway just to see what kind of troll they've cooked up =D

Oh don't get me wrong....I've been purposefully downloading all of DB's troo episodes from when I first started watching them.....'cause they are always hilarious. It is definatley worth a watch.
Jan 15, 2009 9:05 PM

Aug 2007
At this point I'm kind of glad DB stopped anyway, I like softsubs more.
Jan 15, 2009 9:55 PM

Oct 2008
FYI Horrible subs/crustyroll = crunchyroll subs

I don't really care about the subs, I only care about the sweet 1080p release
I hate Chihiro subs... nuff said
Jan 16, 2009 4:17 AM

Jul 2007
So... We have to wait one week for the free release shitty quality version?

E: Nvm, found a solution.
ragnaroksJan 16, 2009 4:29 AM
Jan 16, 2009 9:04 AM
Mar 2008
gonna watch the taka subs version, their subs are just as good as DB and quality is better, and atleast it isn't a ripped version of crunchyroll
Jan 16, 2009 4:44 PM
Jan 2009
im knew to this forum and to sub'd anime...what is the diff between a 'softsub' and other subs?

thanks, typhoony
Jan 16, 2009 6:06 PM
Mar 2008
Hard subs are encoded into the video and soft subs are in a .ass file. Hard subs are usually in .avi while soft subs are usually in .mkv.
Jan 17, 2009 1:15 AM
Feb 2008
codename64546 said:
FYI Horrible subs/crustyroll = crunchyroll subs

I don't really care about the subs, I only care about the sweet 1080p release

God it annoys me when someone says 720p or 1080p when referring to video on PC. Everything on a pc monitor is progressive. It's like saying you have an electric computer.

typhoony said:
im knew to this forum and to sub'd anime...what is the diff between a 'softsub' and other subs?

thanks, typhoony

Softsubs can be removed from the video file with the right software. They can be turned on and off. Hardsubs are an actual part of the video. You cannot turn them on or off, they are permanent.
Jan 17, 2009 2:55 PM

Jul 2007
DB just released ep 92, at least acording to baka-updates.
Jan 17, 2009 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
ragnaroks said:
DB just released ep 92, at least acording to baka-updates.

That's a troll
Jan 17, 2009 3:18 PM

Dec 2008
DB alwas did nasty tricks/comments to their followers and now they're a bunch of little girls afraid to keep subbing because NS went video feed.

And now they release a 92 troll episode. If you ask me its about time they stop doing NS and its not like we will miss them there are higher quality teams working hard for the fans.
Jan 17, 2009 6:09 PM

Mar 2008
Naruto Shippuuden...
Jan 21, 2009 11:35 PM

Oct 2008
JohnDarc said:
What's NS?

=\
Jan 21, 2009 11:36 PM

Oct 2008
MeLcHoR said:
DB alwas did nasty tricks/comments to their followers and now they're a bunch of little girls afraid to keep subbing because NS went video feed.

And now they release a 92 troll episode. If you ask me its about time they stop doing NS and its not like we will miss them there are higher quality teams working hard for the fans.

Actually I'm going to be honest with you.
Dattebayo has... NEVER gotten a C&D letter until this Crunchy Roll thing. And EVEN though this is the case... it wasn't even a C&D letter. You should frequent their IRC channel once in awhile. They actually do things like fansubbers are supposed to aside from trolling.
Jan 22, 2009 12:55 AM
Nov 2007
So what is the Naruto Shippuuden episode 92 thing? What do you mean by "troll"?
Jan 22, 2009 3:44 AM

Jun 2008
death919 said:

Trolls means when you gonna see that episode (92) you would become happy and not angry.
Jan 22, 2009 11:56 PM

Aug 2007
kie_ said:
death919 said:

Trolls means when you gonna see that episode (92) you would become happy and not angry.

LMAO

Jan 29, 2009 10:41 AM

Oct 2008
verby said:
kie_ said:
death919 said:

LMAO

XD XD XD
Jan 29, 2009 2:34 PM

May 2008
Viperslayer said:
verby said:
kie_ said:
death919 said:

LMAO

XD XD XD

at least it wasn't rick roll :)
Jan 29, 2009 9:41 PM

Aug 2007
God it annoys me when someone says 720p or 1080p when referring to video on PC. Everything on a pc monitor is progressive. It's like saying you have an electric computer.

Technically, they're right. The source of the raw video is 720p or 1080p because most anime raws are ripped from HD broadcasts, and thus are labeled as "720p" or "1080p" to indicate the source video resolution depending on which raw was used. It's just that people who are less technically-aware of how these things work refer to them by the resolution that the source of the raws are tagged with, but they're still technically not wrong :p

Anyway, it bugs me more that people think they are actually getting benefit from the 1080p or 720p broadcast raw source of Naruto Shippuuden. Naruto Shippuuden is upscaled on every HD station it is broadcasted on, its native resolution is still 480p. You think "oh sweet, Naruto in glorious 1080p!", but in reality you're getting an upscale, so it's basically the same thing as taking the 480p release and watching it fullscreened on your laptop or PC, you're not gaining anything but larger filesizes than necessary. I like to call these "1080p" Naruto releases "forced upscales", because its basically just 480p automatically resized for you. Sure, it might look slightly better watching the 1080p releases fullscreened rather than the 480p releases, but only marginally, since the upscaled versions look only *slightly* better than the native 480p releases because of the way they were upscaled on the television stations using a combination of advanced filters that really don't do much but smoothen the resize. The 480p sources were ripped (naturally) in 480p without any resizing filters, so it looks *slightly* worse when resized manually on a PC or laptop screen. Why else do you think DB never bothered to release in anything but 480p? There was no point.

Here's a test to see what I mean:

Watch both versions on a high definition TV, either by streaming each release to a PS3 or XBOX 360, or watching it natively on a player of some sort that supports both formats. You'll see there is no difference in quality that the naked eye can comprehend. Why? Because they're the same, except one is "forcibly" upscaled whereas the other one is just natively 480p, upscaled "on the fly" to match whatever TV you're watching it on at the time, and possibly using any built-in filters your TV might have to look as good as the 1080 release. Most modern TV's handle it quite well.

That annoys me even more than people confusing laptops and PC's with interlaced and/or progressive scan technologies.
brass2themaxJan 29, 2009 9:47 PM
Feb 2, 2009 2:06 PM
Feb 2009
Look what I found: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ch28u4

Found it on 4chan a minute ago, don't know if it's real or not.
UPDATE: Just tried it. Kind of looks fake, hard to tell though.
YHBTFeb 2, 2009 2:17 PM
Feb 13, 2009 10:25 AM
Aug 2008
well, i dont know bout most of u, but i'm kinda happy that dattebayo stopped subbing naruto, a bunch of new groups picked the proyect and some of them are doing a great job

i was rlly sick and tired of dattebayo trolls and shitty actitude

for now i'm watching naruto in animebento, i like they style and quality
Mar 13, 2009 4:49 PM

Apr 2008
i think they're just dropping it till the fillers are over. they are totally wasting their time translating and subbing this crap.

I mean really, the filler episodes are NOT naruto. Its just their faces with crappy story, making them look completely weak and dumb. i dont get why they even need fillers, they are so far behind the manga!!
Mar 21, 2009 6:35 PM

Dec 2007
Wow. I can't believe that after two months people still think DB's announcement is fake.

DB is not subbing NS anymore. Get over it.

No, they're not being wusses, considering they have never even gotten a C&D from VIZ. They're just trying to support the Anime community.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is Itachi in your top 10 favorite Naruto characters or no?

SupremeGod - May 12

37 by TheGamer4222 »»
Yesterday, 2:44 PM

» Who are your top 20 favorite Naruto characters?

SupremeGod - May 13

31 by TheGamer4222 »»
Yesterday, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 381 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2014

81 by Lukas_AAW »»
May 14, 12:56 PM

» who's the best waifu? (ending the debate once and for all)

FruitPunchBaka - May 6

45 by DollarstoreYuji »»
May 13, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 375 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klad - Sep 4, 2014

190 by Lukas_AAW »»
May 13, 12:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.