Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 6, 2014 9:37 PM

Oct 2012
Just what clothes that Luffy's wear?
Those clothes can stretch until that big.. like Luffy too?
Well, I don't doubt anime logic

I'll definitely miss, Miss Lily!!
Itou Shizuka-san!!

Rasco said:
I found it odd that they won fast after that mini girl transformed inside of luffy..

Right?
"Signature removed"
Jan 22, 2015 12:08 PM

Oct 2013
Rasco said:
I found it odd that they won fast after that mini girl transformed inside of luffy..
Why was that odd?

Jul 31, 2015 9:49 PM

Jun 2015
finally last one
Nov 30, 2015 1:17 AM
Jul 2015
well, to tell you the truth i saw the movie(one piece film z) fist then only watch this episode. So, i know what the neo-nevy are planning.....
Mar 17, 2016 2:15 PM
Nov 2015
I was expecting for luffy's body to be like lily's body too LOL that would be cool! u know, girl version of luffy hehe. In short I was waiting for the boobs ]:-p
Aug 1, 2016 5:33 AM

Mar 2015
Giant Luffy was awesome
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 28, 2017 4:07 AM

Feb 2013
Giant Luffy was awesome.
Nov 8, 2018 6:09 AM

Oct 2009
KaiserNazrin said:
that Sheep cannon is quite destructive, Knocking down a giant with one hit.

It wasn't as much for the cannon itself though, as for its cannonballs infused with the haki

crevette said:
Alpacacino was the only redeeming point of that mini-arc. And Franky's hairdo. I didn't hate it as much as I thought though, but ep. 577 was still painful to watch.

The first two episodes were fine, more or less. It got worse in the previous one and this one was just bad

AhmedHan said:
The Law of Conservation of Mass. Regardlass how much they enlarge their bodies, their mass must stay the same. So their attack wouldn't make much damage at all. It must have been like hitting with a huge balloon. It mustn't have been able to break those rocks.

I don't think this Law applies because of the Devil Fruit. Lily even had deliberately shrunk as not to crush the Thousand Sunny. If Lily's weight remained the same in all her sizes, she would have crushed Usopp's head when she fell on his hat

deadeaddead said:
One Piece sucks. The Straw hats are so weak even after their 2 year training.
Ussop still is bad at aiming.
Luffy's still weak.
Nami's still just THERE.
Brooks does absolutely nothing.
The rest idgaf.

As much as I don't like it, gotta agree

PronedToManga said:
Luminaire said:
However, on a more interesting note, Momonga said he learned how to track pirates from an old teacher. Anyone care to guess who or have I missed something from a prior episode?

Momonga was probably referring to uh... what's-his-face... that Long-armed bad guy person with the fruit eating cannon as his pet. He was being sarcastic to piss the traitor(bad guy) off.

I think he was actually referring to Z aka Zephyr. He is the current leader of Neo Marines and the former instructor from the Navy, so it all makes sense

Monad said:
The law of conservation mass is violated by Luffy's third gear already

Technically, if you pump enough air, it would give more weight to it, like in the tire (even though inflated tire doesn't weigh much more than a deflated one, but that's because the volume is small. In Luffy's case, the question is, on one hand, the volume (m^3) and on other hand, the pressure (bars). But for it to have any reasonable weight, Luffy would need to pump a really huge amount of air, which would require a lot of time, and it doesn't seem like Luffy makes more than just a single blast each time)

SheyCroix said:
What I want to know is where Luffy tattoo is... the new outfit is meant to not allow him to show it, but in this filler he had a shirt that could show it, but it disappeared ... why?

You mean his scar?

SheyCroix said:
Also I agree to the question of who is this master that Momonga talked about, could it be that is for another filler in the future? or for something else?

It serves as a lead into One Piece Film Z

ZackNero03 said:
They did a much better job using a filler to build up for the movie then the last one

Yeah

Pipoko said:
The suicide submarines were stupid.

HalibelTheEspada said:
Regardless of the logic behind Lily in Luffy debate... the prospect of her killing people by expanding inside their bodies would be certainly be a sight to see in One Piece.

Yeah I agree, to sacrifice valuable forces in that manner... It's just stupid. Was there really a need for that? Wasn't there any other way?

And what I don't get is... why did the Marines let Frypan keep his pan? What are they, retarded? And look where it has led to
SerhiykoNov 9, 2018 11:04 AM
Jun 8, 2019 8:23 AM

May 2016
What's the difference between the Neo-Navy and bounty hunters? Is it that Neo-Navy want to actually kill pirates? If so, how does that make them any better than pirates if they're killing without authority from the government?
Sep 6, 2019 3:58 AM

Jun 2016
I think that was the end of the filler and that would mean the movie that this is linked to is connected to the remaining Neo Navy. I agree with people in this thread about Shuzo not feeling strong despite him even doing things cool on paper like shaving and immediately using his finger attack, or like riding a freaking canon ball. That stuff was cool, but again on paper, I just didn't really feel taken aback by it at all. It may be because Shuzo wasn't built up to be that interesting, his haki seemed tacked on, his alpaca bazooka was hardly relevant when it could have been a far more interesting element of the fight, and ultimately it was just Luffy failing over and over again until he one shot Shuzo. If all of that was changed, if Shuzo had more going for him, if there was more strategy in dealing with him and the alpaca, and if the fight was more back and forth rather than it feeling like we were just waiting for Luffy to win in a simple way with the rest being padding then I probably would have liked it more. That said, I felt weird about this being one of Luffy’s first haki on haki fights, it felt like an excuse to make Shuzo be strong. Nothing interesting was done with it, nor was anything interesting done with it for the Alpaca, it was just a raw power upgrade for the sake of dragging this out in my opinion.

That said, I do like the strategy of Usopp shooting Lily, whether it was to do the foreshadowed Luffy giant mode, or to literally horrifyingly take out Shuzo. And Luffy giant mode, as weird as it looked and as gross as it is to imagine what Lily experienced in there, was nice. It was nice to see a new design of Luffy, especially one with horns, it’s pretty cool.
Jan 11, 2021 5:42 PM

May 2016
Damn, that Luffy Suit looks very uncomfortable for both parties involved. It's pretty impressive that they were able to combine their powers that well, though! I know that it'd be overkill but I would've loved to see him use Armament on his punch as well.

That's that for the One Piece Movie Z transition arc~ I'm actually surprised that it had nothing to do with Dragon Ball Z after all. It's time for Punk Hazard!

Jun 6, 2021 1:51 AM

Jun 2019
Luffy looks so funny with horns. LOL
May 1, 2022 6:14 AM
May 2022
When lily expanded inside luffy even her horns were inside of luffy so why didn’t luffy get boobs it would have been funny to watch him squeeze them then hear lily scream or moan as luffy says lily did you say something
Aug 14, 2022 10:30 PM

Dec 2018
this was a good quality episode
Oct 6, 2022 7:07 AM
Jan 2021
its intresting :)
Mar 6, 2023 3:32 PM
Aug 2022
this episode felt like fetish content lmao
Jul 12, 2023 7:17 PM
Feb 2022
Y con esto terminamos los preparativos del film z. Siguiente parada: Punk Hazard.
Aug 1, 2023 9:01 AM
Oct 2019
Luffy become Ultraman? LMAO
Also Luffy foot touching the ocean, he should be weak and couldn't used his devil fruit power.
Yeah it's doesn't make sense but hey it's One Piece.
I like Momonga, he seems to have a good sense in justice.

Well time to watch Movie Z.
Nov 3, 2023 2:44 AM

May 2021
Sorry but Luffy's character's design when he became a giant was garbage . Oda and the studio should have done a better job . Yes I know One Piece generally doesn't have normal body proportions but damn his body design was so goofy that it ruined the scene for me .

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Found this really old screenshot in my phone

Sch4n - Today

5 by Lawliet-dono »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Aug 28, 2008

72 by TheStarscream759 »»
41 minutes ago

» My theory about the one piece

elops_ms - Yesterday

4 by Blaze567 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1052 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 18, 2023

72 by nalxdiq »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 272 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jutah - Nov 6, 2008

62 by kejora »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.