Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 19, 2008 10:51 AM

Sep 2007
I've seen about 20 or so episodes, gave up because of the following:

A) Hate long, repetitive shonen series (like One Piece, Bleach and Naruto)
B) Hate Toei anime series, its just hideous.
C) Hate character and the overall design of the series
D) The characters are bland personalities.
Jan 25, 2008 1:44 PM

Oct 2007
Like hell I'm even going to watch it, I will waste 24 minutes of my life each episode! That people LIKE this piece of sh*t is like a big ? to me.. The drawing style is just too bad, the characters suck, so does the story, and it has way too much episodes! I mean, will it EVER end.. >.> And now I wasted some crappy minutes writing this crappy comment about a crappy anime.

Thank you very much for listening to Erisu. Agree, or burn in ''Jigoku''. ;3
Jan 26, 2008 11:42 AM

Sep 2007
Erisu said:
Like hell I'm even going to watch it, I will waste 24 minutes of my life each episode! That people LIKE this piece of sh*t is like a big ? to me.. The drawing style is just too bad, the characters suck, so does the story, and it has way too much episodes! I mean, will it EVER end.. >.> And now I wasted some crappy minutes writing this crappy comment about a crappy anime.

This is about the most ignorant thing I have ever read. I think it's pretty obvious that people like One Piece - it only mkaes the top 10 best selling books in Japan almost every week - so you have no right to call it a 'piece of sh*t' just because YOU don't like it. And your reasons for not liking it are absolutely ridiculous. Are you THAT superficial, that you would hate an anime just because it isn't drawn in the typical style? No, it doesn't look like your typical death-by-cute anime. But being different doesn't make it bad.

And if you honestly think the characters suck, I know you can't have seen more than one episode, probably of the 4kids dub. One Piece has the most unique characters of any anime in existance - you can not argue that point. It's a fact. We have - and this is just the strawhat pirates - a green-haired swordsman that does nothing but sleep; a perverted cook with a swirly eyebrow; a talking reindeer doctor that loves cotton candy; a long-nosed, scizophrenic, cowardly sharpshooter... I don't even need to mention Franky and Brook here. The characters are absurb but believable, not to mention hilarious and lovable. But they have their serious moments, of course... even Usopp, the "comic relief", at one point... hah hah, well, I can't spoil that. It would completely ruin the Water 7 arc.

Yes, the story comes off as stereotypical at the start - pirates going after treasure, yeah, great - but it doesn't take long before we figure out what One Piece is really about. A corrupt government seeking ancient weapons, political turmoil and the raising of a rebel army, one hundred years of lost history... and the mysteries surrounding Gol D. Roger, because men that have achieved ultimate power aren't executed unless they give themselves up. Does that sound like a typical pirate adventure to you?

And yes, it's long, but not one episode is wasted or boring. There's always something going on, because One Piece is a huge, epic story; too big for your small mind, I guess, if you dislike it based only on the number of episodes.
Jan 30, 2008 10:55 PM
Jan 2008
I really think making a thread about a anime you hate is really immature, if you really hated it, you would leave it alone and not tlak about it... But noo... Your fail at life. D:
Feb 4, 2008 7:29 AM

Oct 2007
MugiwaraSilver said:
This is about the most ignorant thing I have ever read. I think it's pretty obvious that people like One Piece - it only mkaes the top 10 best selling books in Japan almost every week - so you have no right to call it a 'piece of sh*t' just because YOU don't like it. And your reasons for not liking it are absolutely ridiculous. Are you THAT superficial, that you would hate an anime just because it isn't drawn in the typical style? No, it doesn't look like your typical death-by-cute anime. But being different doesn't make it bad.

I DO have the right to call it a ''piece of sh*t''. It's my opinion, if you even tried to read the title, it says: YOUR FEELINGS ON ONE PIECE. This are mine, live with it. If you can't, I couldn't care less. And my reasons for not liking it aren't ridiculous at all, I'm sure it's hard to imagine for such a big One Piece fan as yourself that there are people who think the same way as I do.

Another thing, I'm not superficial, if I watch anime, it should at least look like an anime! If I would watch One Piece (which is not going to happen) it would feel like I'm watching some kind of cartoon! >.> That it doesn't look like the other animes that I watch has NOTHING to do with it so this proves again that you don't understand me at all.

And I think my mind is bigger than yours, I didn't disliked it ONLY because of the numbers of episodes.

If you really thought that giving me a lecture would make you look ''tough'', you're very wrong.
Feb 6, 2008 1:42 PM
Jun 2007
MugiwaraSilver said:
One Piece is a huge, epic story

A Shonen Jump title and "epic story" in the same sentence, lol.
Feb 9, 2008 12:49 AM

Feb 2008
Erisu said:

I agree you,Erisu.It's a waste of time to watch one piece!
Feb 9, 2008 2:00 PM

Dec 2007
i'm back once again, mostly because i'm bored and i've read the newest replies.

I don't care if you don't like One Piece, people have different tastes and I can respect that, but that gives you no right whatsoever to bitch about something you have not fully watched. If you've watched all 341 episodes and come here to bitch, i'll accept that. But have you noticed the people here (the ones that actually don't like one piece) have only watched 25- episodes? but no matter, i'll just have something more to laugh about, people who distinguish one anime from another because of the animation, simply cannot understand this anime or any other anime fully, Anime's are all about one thing, story. One Piece delivers a solid story and more, I will always carry One Piece in my heart (yes it sounds gay, but then again you won't understand since you've not watched it) and cherish myself for actually watching through the first episodes.
Whoever who doesn't watch it simply for the animation and joins this club, I truly feel sorry for you.
Feb 15, 2008 12:57 AM
Sep 2007
This debate makes me want to start One Piece just to see for my self.

One thing I have noticed though, the people who seem to enjoy OP are actually defending it quite well. Whilst from the other side all I've really seen is a bunch of unorganized flaming of the art and comedy aspects.

Even though I promised my self I would never start another shounen series that was over 50 episodes long I may start this. And if I like it then great, I've found another anime to enjoy, and if I don't then I guess I'll just have to keep looking.

Feb 16, 2008 12:20 PM

Oct 2007
tsukionnanoko said:
I agree you,Erisu.It's a waste of time to watch one piece!

Yaahh~ You win! ;3

Tarje said:
I don't care if you don't like One Piece, people have different tastes and I can respect that, but that gives you no right whatsoever to bitch about something you have not fully watched. If you've watched all 341 episodes and come here to bitch, i'll accept that. But have you noticed the people here (the ones that actually don't like one piece) have only watched 25- episodes? but no matter, i'll just have something more to laugh about, people who distinguish one anime from another because of the animation, simply cannot understand this anime or any other anime fully, Anime's are all about one thing, story. One Piece delivers a solid story and more, I will always carry One Piece in my heart (yes it sounds gay, but then again you won't understand since you've not watched it) and cherish myself for actually watching through the first episodes.
Whoever who doesn't watch it simply for the animation and joins this club, I truly feel sorry for you.

Thank you for feeling ''sorry'' for me. I haven't watched it, and not planning to either. Are you saying that it's wrong to care about the art?! Well, I do care about the animation, and I won't watch something that has an animation like One Piece. I have nothing against pirates, to be honest, I like them but if the animation s*cks I don't care if it's the ''best'' ever, I just won't watch it. Even though I also don't like One Piece's story. I can assure you that I won't like it, so not watching it is better than killing myself while watching it.
Feb 19, 2008 9:58 PM

Apr 2007
ChunKY said:
well, no spec. feelings. i dropped it after first ep. dunno why everyone is so like "OMG OMG One Peace!!!" Maybe the story is good, but blah, the drawing style sucks. that's why i dropped it in fact.

It would help if you spelled it right. One Piece.
Feb 19, 2008 10:35 PM
Jun 2007
ChibiAyane said:
ChunKY said:
well, no spec. feelings. i dropped it after first ep. dunno why everyone is so like "OMG OMG One Peace!!!" Maybe the story is good, but blah, the drawing style sucks. that's why i dropped it in fact.

It would help if you spelled it right. One Piece.

I doubt they care about the spelling if they don't like the show. Although I think their reason for dropping it is a bit absurd, and I'm not even much of a fan of the art in One Piece.
Feb 19, 2008 11:00 PM

Apr 2007
If you want to know my feelings on One Piece, just look at my profile. ^_^

I will refrain from starting an argument here. ^_^ Happy Day!
ChibiAyaneFeb 19, 2008 11:04 PM
Feb 22, 2008 9:49 PM

Feb 2008
First things first... Pirates suck. Always.

But seriously, I tried to watch this show. I saw a few episodes of the dub and thought it might be entertaining without the ridiculous dub voices. So I dl'ed a bit of the sub. Still hated it. And I'm a big fan of shounen anime... I seriously have no idea why people enjoy it.

Oh, and once again, pirates suck.
Feb 23, 2008 1:24 PM

Oct 2007
You think so? I agree with the ''One Piece'' sucks, but pirates are okay. Not sure about them in an anime, but pirates win in movies and stuff! XD
Feb 24, 2008 5:46 PM

Sep 2007
Erisu said:
MugiwaraSilver said:

I DO have the right to call it a ''piece of sh*t''. It's my opinion, if you even tried to read the title, it says: YOUR FEELINGS ON ONE PIECE. This are mine, live with it. If you can't, I couldn't care less. And my reasons for not liking it aren't ridiculous at all, I'm sure it's hard to imagine for such a big One Piece fan as yourself that there are people who think the same way as I do.

You have no right to say anything about an anime you haven't watched. How can you form an opinion on an anime you know nothing about? Do you form opinions on people you've never talked to? Here you are, completely attacking its quality when all you know is that you don't care for the art style. I can understand if people don't like One Piece - you're not exactly the target audience - but I can't understand why you think it's your business to go rattling on about how awful it is when you've never even watched it.

Erisu said:
Another thing, I'm not superficial, if I watch anime, it should at least look like an anime! If I would watch One Piece (which is not going to happen) it would feel like I'm watching some kind of cartoon! >.> That it doesn't look like the other animes that I watch has NOTHING to do with it so this proves again that you don't understand me at all.

Aaand you don't know what superficial means. You won't watch it because it doesn't LOOK like anime. That means you're judging it only on appearance, and thus, are superficial in this regard. You... also don't know what "anime" means. Of course it would feel like you're watching some kind of Cartoon - One Piece IS a cartoon! ALL anime are cartoons. In Japan, the word "Anime" is used for cartoons in general, not those that originate in Japan or are drawn in a specific style. That includes the Japanese dub of Looney Toons.

Erisu said:
And I think my mind is bigger than yours, I didn't disliked it ONLY because of the numbers of episodes.

If you really thought that giving me a lecture would make you look ''tough'', you're very wrong.

And after that I didn't understand your post at all. You think your mind is bigger than mine... why? Because you didn't judge it on number of episodes? Yes, we've established that you judged it on the art and animation. Which is even worse for your argument. If you decided you didn't want to watch it because it was too long, ok, you don't have time, it's cool. But to decide you hate it just because the art style is different is the opposite of having a big mind. You can't get past the fact that the art is different and see what really matters - the story, the characters - which is being small minded.

And either way, thinking your mind is 'bigger than mine' has no relevance to this argument.

How was that a lecture? That was standing up for something I care about because it was being mistreated and unfairly judged. And how on earth did you get the idea I was trying to look tough? I can only conclude that you were looking for something to criticize me on, because that somehow supports your argument, so you... pulled an insult out of thin air.
MugiwaraSilverFeb 24, 2008 7:21 PM
Feb 24, 2008 7:17 PM

Dec 2007
Erisu said:
Thank you for feeling ''sorry'' for me. I haven't watched it, and not planning to either. Are you saying that it's wrong to care about the art?! Well, I do care about the animation, and I won't watch something that has an animation like One Piece. I have nothing against pirates, to be honest, I like them but if the animation s*cks I don't care if it's the ''best'' ever, I just won't watch it. Even though I also don't like One Piece's story. I can assure you that I won't like it, so not watching it is better than killing myself while watching it.

No, i'm not saying it's wrong to care about the art. i'm saying it's wrong to say a anime sucks because of the art.
And also, you've been saying you haven't watched One Piece but also that you don't like the story, how is that possible? what you're saying is that you basicly know nothing of the story and you're ranting on this forum plainly only for attention, whilst speaking in third-person about yourself. If you don't want to watch OP, I don't care. But don't talk badly about something you have no knowledge about. Now GTFO unless you can contribute with something mature to this discussion
Feb 26, 2008 7:14 AM

Aug 2007
I like One Piece cause it makes me smile. This corny statement aside, i understand that people are put off when they first see OP.
- The art is unusual and the first episodes are old and mediocre animated,
- the characters are not very subtle and the initial story is very simple.
but
the animation only improves, the storyline thickens and once you truly get to know the characters, they are the greatest cast ever.
the time that i spent watching one piece equals more than 10 hyped design anime series,
but i dont regret it one bit.

the fact that im actually posting here is not to convince the 'haters' that they are wrong,
but to inform the openminded people that they may have judged this series too fast.
Feb 27, 2008 6:39 AM
Jun 2007
Tarje said:
Now GTFO unless you can contribute with something mature to this discussion

The irony of this sentence is pretty amusing to me.
Feb 28, 2008 1:37 PM

Dec 2007
LionMagnus said:
Tarje said:
Now GTFO unless you can contribute with something mature to this discussion

The irony of this sentence is pretty amusing to me.

considering Erisu's intellectual capasity I thought it best to write something she would understand, as she obviously does not deal very well with "tricky" sentences.
Feb 28, 2008 7:15 PM

Sep 2007
Tarje, LionMagnus isn't worth replying to. He hasn't contributed anything productive either.

I mean, unless you count snide comments as productive; I count them as obnoxious.
Mar 13, 2008 9:01 AM

May 2007
tarnished-memory said:
I couldn't even watch one episode. I just knew it sucked. . . to me, at least.

The previews were horrid enough. *grimaces*

yep exactly

Mar 31, 2008 12:20 PM

May 2007
<3 this club... Please invite your friends! We must own kyox...
Apr 3, 2008 11:54 AM
Mar 2007
ô_o First of all, let me say that it's rather... childish... to make a hate-club about an anime. If you don't like it, then just stay away from it. You're just asking for flame wars this way =P. Secondly, some people in this discussion are simply ignorant and should be slapped for making deathwishes about an anime they've never even SEEN -.-;.

Now that I got that off my chest, I guess I should add something to this discussion as well. I love One Piece, it's definitely my favorite anime. In the past I used to hate it though, not as extreme as some of you here, but I always thought "Damn that anime looks so crappy and wtf it's about pirates that stretch like rubber D: THIS CAN'T BE ANY GOOD!". Well then very randomly I thought "Ah heck. I'll try it". I'm SO glad I did.

The first episode put me off. Like, a lot. My mind didn't change about One Piece, I still thought it sucked horribly, but I just knew that it would get better later on, seeing as this is supposedly Japan's #1 anime. It should be good then. Episode 2 sucked just as much as episode 1, though. It got even worse at episode 7, with Buggy the Clown and all. That was just simply worth a good old "WTF". I didn't change my mind until after episode 35-- the start of the Arlong Park arc. THAT'S when it became interesting. And the series only got better after that. Arabasta Arc was good, Skypiea was awesome, Water 7 was epic and Enies Lobby... can't describe the awesomeness in words. The current arc, Thriller Bark has hardly begun and I'm already thrilled for it. I've never seen such strong storytelling ever before in an anime. The character development is in a league of its own, too.

So I understand that people would hate One Piece after seeing one episode. Because it's true: One Piece sucks in the first couple of episodes. I'm not saying you should go watch until episode 60 or so before you make a judgment, but let me tell you that One Piece is nothing like the One Piece that you have seen. It's a great, great, GREAT anime series, and I hope that some people will give it another chance. It's truly an enjoyment to watch, and if you like shounen in general, you will absolutely love One Piece once you get the hang of it. It's just such a shame that first episodes suck so much v_v.

And I know you've heard the "first eps suck" excuse a lot of times before, but... it's true XD. It's very, very, true.

And that's enough ranting for me.
Apr 7, 2008 8:56 AM
Aug 2007
My feelins on one piece.... OWNS YOUR FACE!
Apr 11, 2008 2:31 PM

May 2007
So far, all I've seen hatred of here is the One Piece anime, which sympathize with. Personally, I am of the opinion that the anime is mediocre, at best. The One Piece manga, on the other hand, is almost a work of genius.

Why do I think there's such a difference? Well, part of it is because of the sub par voice acting and music in the anime (yes, even the Japanese version), but that's not the main reason.

The biggest reason I dislike the One Piece anime is because of the horrible animation quality. Compare One Piece's animation even to a show like Naruto, and you'll see that it falls short. Naruto's animation is barely passable, so that it doesn't hamper the action scenes too horribly. The animation of One Piece is significantly worse, so that the action becomes stale and uninteresting.

However, the animation quality has an even worse effect on the humor. Because of the crappy animation, many of the jokes I find hilarious in the manga (and still find very funny upon rereading) fall totally flat in the anime. Somehow, the animators manage to cut corners so much that it totally destroys the timing and feeling of spontaneity that good jokes should have.

Now, the plot is rather the same in both the manga and the anime, if you exclude the anime fillers. I would disagree with a poster who, earlier in this thread, claimed that the plot was simply "hunting for treasure". Although the name of the anime and the 4kids intro certainly give that impression, in actuality the plot of the anime is not nearly that simple. The "hunting for treasure" aspect is not even the primary plot, really. Luffy could care less about that.

If you find Luffy annoying, I don't think there's anything I can say about that. I can understand why people would dislike his character, although I personally find him hilarious. Still, if you hate him, you aren't likely to enjoy the series, as he's the most important character.

Anyhow, I think it's important to distinguish between the manga and the anime, because the difference in quality is pretty huge, in my opinion.
Apr 18, 2008 10:36 AM

May 2007
Kyo_Kagami said:
lawl!!! One Piece is one piece of crap! I like that one. Good quote!

XD

May 12, 2008 11:10 AM
May 2008
LionMagnus said:

Death Note?
May 18, 2008 1:06 AM
Jun 2007
Dinkleberg said:
LionMagnus said:

Death Note?

Below mediocre at best.
Jun 12, 2008 2:17 AM
Apr 2008
WTF, ARE U CRAISY, OMFG, this is the worst thing i ever seen in my F*** life, OMG, You dont like ONe Piece, how can that be possible?!?!?!!?

YOU ARE CRAISY

ONE PIECE IS THE BEST ANIME in the F***** World !!!!

I already saw thousands of animes, i saw bleach, naruto, death note, elfen lied, berserk, gantz, d gray, yuyu hakusho, hunter x hunter, onegay teacher, GTO, etc etc etc.......

When U say "one piece is the worst" i just cry for you, i hope one day u wake up for reality

Sorry but I need to say this again: ....OMFG!!!
Jun 12, 2008 5:17 AM
Feb 2007
Reiver said:
WTF, ARE U CRAISY, OMFG, this is the worst thing i ever seen in my F*** life, OMG, You dont like ONe Piece, how can that be possible?!?!?!!?

YOU ARE CRAISY

ONE PIECE IS THE BEST ANIME in the F***** World !!!!

I already saw thousands of animes, i saw bleach, naruto, death note, elfen lied, berserk, gantz, d gray, yuyu hakusho, hunter x hunter, onegay teacher, GTO, etc etc etc.......

When U say "one piece is the worst" i just cry for you, i hope one day u wake up for reality

Sorry but I need to say this again: ....OMFG!!!

Umm... Although I am a diehard One Piece fan, I have to disagree with you here.
People are entitled to their own opinions, in other words, don't go `OMG WTF u dont like One Piece = u suck !1!111!1` People like you give the fanbase a bad name. And I don´t frickin care what anime you have seen, if I wanted to know I would´ve taken a look at your animelist, seriously... and the anime is not the best in the world AT ALL.

///////////////////////////

And, as I said elsewhere....

In my case there actually is a certain series I hate so much I'd like it to die already, but you guys won't see me being immature and making a "death to [....] club"...

Really, if you guys hate One Piece THAT much, than tou should just go back to watch whatever anime they DO like instead of complaining about anime you've barely or never even seen and being assholes who SEEM TO think YOUR opinion is the absolute truth... I´m only going to take people serious when they´ve ACTUALLY SEEN the first 35 to 40 episodes and know what they are talking about, cause I´m getting pissed off at certain people who have seen 2 or 3 FRIGGIN pictures and scream bloody murder about OP needing to die.

for those people... GROW UP and stop HATING on SOME FRIGGIN´ FICTIONAL ANIMATED SHOW MADE FOR KIDS!!!!! DON`T LIKE IT, DON`T WATCH IT and leave the real, dedicated fans the hell alone.

I'm just really getting fed up with "OMG art suks One Pice must die!!!11!1!1". Nobody's forcing you to watch this -IN MY OPINION- beautiful piece of art and storytelling.
It's not like every anime on earth appeals to everyone anyways.........

Jun 12, 2008 5:50 AM
Feb 2008
<- Look @ name for my reason...

Ninja's hate Pirates. PERIOD!

This is simply the worst crap of an anime to come out since Bobobo...etc
Even Funimation (and i'm a big fan of this company's work) couldn't save the sinking pirate ship from hitting rock bottom like the titanic.

You know what... even if I weren't a ninja, i'd probably hate this more. Cause I wouldn't expect it to be this bad, but as I already hate them, I'm not let down.
Jun 14, 2008 10:41 AM
Jun 2007
SilverVappy said:
for those people... GROW UP and stop HATING on SOME FRIGGIN´ FICTIONAL ANIMATED SHOW MADE FOR KIDS!!!!! DON`T LIKE IT, DON`T WATCH IT and leave the real, dedicated fans the hell alone.

This club is actually pretty dead aside from random One Piece fans coming here telling everyone to leave them alone and saying how great One Piece is. I'll give you props for acknowledging it as a show for kids, though.
Jun 16, 2008 7:09 AM

Apr 2008
thousands of peoples cant be wrong ONE PIECE ROCKS !!!
Jun 16, 2008 11:57 AM

Jun 2008
I'm going to be a bit neutral here, though I'm actually a One Piece fan. After reading most of the comments, I know that just shouting: 'One Piece is great!' doesn't sound very convincing for the ones who hate this show. I also want to mention that I don't want to convince any of you that this show is good because of some reasons I've thought about after reading certain comments.
I recognised myself when some people wrote: 'I watched the first episode of One Piece and I couldn't stand it anymore!' Yes, really, I felt the same too when watching it for the first time. I didn't liked it because of the art and abnormality and some other reasons I forgot, so I dropped this show for a looong time.
Recently - one month ago - when I was reading a topic that went about 'What is the last anime you watched?' I suddenly saw people commenting that they didn't liked OP because of the art, etc. But the defense soon came, resulting in 2 people, agreeing with each other that you just had to carry on until episode 30, because after that, it would become epic and already too addictive to stop.
I decided to gave it another chance and this time I was suprised that I wasn't irritated when watching the first ep, so I continued to watch. I have to admit that I sometimes didn't had much will to carry on and I didn't know whether I should just give it more time, but heck, I finally maded it to the 30th episode. I still didn't liked the long fights, and the weird faces and etc. still gave me a 'o.O' look, but wow, the story suddenly became very intense. After I finished that arc, I decided that this was a show I had to continue, and so I did, yeah.
(by the way: I'm only talking about the Japanese/original version of OP, I'm saying this because the english/german/etc. dubbed and edited ones are often described as edits which brings no justice to the original)

And tadah, my long story, sorry ^^'' But I just want to show you people how I looked at One Piece. I detested One Piece too like some people here, but I can't say that anymore now because I fell in love with it.
BUT that doesn't mean that everyone will like it too, when they happen to experience the same as me, because there'll be alwaaays people who hate it, and I'm not only talking about OP here, it goes for billions of other fictions too. I don't think there will be ever an anime created that everyone likes, so heck, it's naturally that this kind of discussion would turn up!
And this was exactly my reason why I wanted to comment so bad. People saying that OP rocks, or that OP sucks are saying it because of their own opinion and taste! (if someone hates fiction about adventure like OP, no matter how epic it is, there's always a big fat chance that his opinion stays, no matter what you say about it). If you hate something, there'll be always someone in the world who loves it and vice versa, that's how the world works for me, and I'm not saying that everyone should look at it like that, because we're not the same. Just follow your own vision and justice.

Anyways: I love One Piece because of the many laughs this show caused for me, the uniqueness, the awesome main characters and incredibly storytelling (I just love surprises in storylines, and OP certainly doesn't lack that).
For the ones who hate One Piece: It's totally up to you to whether watch it or not. You know my story, and it also might happen to you. But I don't want to deny either that there will be always people who will never like it, and convincing them just don't work, no matter how enthousiastic you are about something. In my view (I don't want to be smartass, I'm just saying what I think, ofcourse it doesn't necessarily have to be the truth in your view!), people will always oppose each other as long as there is something to discuss about. Just reconsider this if you want to, or not if you don't want to.
The end.
^^
RespecticanJun 16, 2008 12:44 PM
Jun 23, 2008 6:31 AM

Apr 2008
Respectican two thumbs up XD

great comment
Jul 12, 2008 10:47 AM

Mar 2007
Whoa, haven't posted in here for awhile. Please ignore my last comments. They were ignorant. Though, unlike the other haters who posted in here, I actually saw more than one episode. I left off at the end of the Crocodile arc so I had a right to make an opinion on it. Seriously, how can you give an opinion on something you've only seen 1 episode of or never seen at all? It's ridiculous.
example: I wasn't going to start Monster because the Animation is different just like One Piece. I am so glad I did see it because I've discovered a rare treasure.
Anyways, back on topic, I'm restarting both the Manga and the Anime(buying the uncut dvds). So far I give it a 7. I really don't think it's a Masterpiece but it's not bad either.
Jul 23, 2008 3:04 PM
Jul 2006
kirAth-shiAue said:

example: I wasn't going to start Monster because the Animation is different just like One Piece. I am so glad I did see it because I've discovered a rare treasure.
Anyways, back on topic, I'm restarting both the Manga and the Anime(buying the uncut dvds). So far I give it a 7. I really don't think it's a Masterpiece but it's not bad either.

oo monster. fun. and good idea restarting one piece.

ok, i dont want to contribute to the flame war, just emphasize some things.

1. One Piece is a journey. It is epic. whether you like it or not, you cannot disagree that it presents things on a very big scale. Oda has a way of exagerating things in a good way that actually leads to some serious drama. So yeah, you have to stick with it through the whole thing to understand it.

2. Oda creates moments. In an interview, the mangaka told how he loves to create big moments in his manga. he creates climaxes that are incredibly well done, something that is sadly lacking in other manga. Like the moment on the tower at enies lobby... so impressive.

3. One Piece is an adventure story. this is very different than many anime that always return to high school, or the village. like all true adventures, there is no going back. everything in One Piece is brand new to the adventurers. you experience everything with them. from simple beginnings, the story develops into something larger and incredible.

4. If you havent made a serious effort with the series (yes its long, deal with it) of at least until the arabasta arc, then you have no right to talk about how it sucks. its like complaining after the first page of a book. almost everyone here is complaining just to get attention because they are so mature that they dont like one piece and they want attention. complaining after not giving something a chance is immature. and one piece is not childish.

5. anyone whos kept up to date, whether you like it or not: RESPECT. youve come a long way, i hope you liked it.
Oct 5, 2008 10:15 AM

Sep 2007
LionMagnus said:
Dinkleberg said:
LionMagnus said:

Death Note?

Below mediocre at best.

How about Rurouni Kenshin?
May 6, 2009 7:22 AM

Apr 2008
One Piece is in my opinion the best anime throught all times. And seriously how many of you that hates one piece has actually seen the entire show?

Oh and don't compare Funimation One piece to the good japaneese One Piece. IT is generally agreed upon among fans that the funimation version isn't only bad. ITs horrible, blasphemy unberable, sucks and can't be compared to the real one piece.

Real One piece is the best show I have ever seen!
In Oda we trust.

May 13, 2009 7:40 AM

Apr 2009
wow, stupid people everywhere X)))

so only stupid anime's are the most popular ?
look in japan, OP is the best selling and the most popular manga ...

whatever...
Jun 5, 2009 3:53 PM
Aug 2008
looks like it.
I have 2 friends who keeps saying "OMF One Piece is like the best anime ever." well i keep telling them that they suck because of it. I have even talked to people who said they don't even count it as anime anyways, i realy hate one piece, it's all those 2 friends talk about i just don't get how you can like such a piece of crap. i think who ever made it was high.
Jun 7, 2009 10:41 AM

Apr 2009
Golfried said:
looks like it.
I have 2 friends who keeps saying "OMF One Piece is like the best anime ever." well i keep telling them that they suck because of it. I have even talked to people who said they don't even count it as anime anyways, i realy hate one piece, it's all those 2 friends talk about i just don't get how you can like such a piece of crap. i think who ever made it was high.

hm i see you're from '92.
everything's clear now.
Jul 15, 2009 7:44 AM
Jun 2008
i have to say that i didn't like the first few eps of one piece, i dropped it at 11 or something, i was a big fan of naruto/bleach back then.

i picked it up after a year or so (many people liked it, i wondered why) and i thought: yea its alright--> the whole captain kuro arc kinda sucked though. From there on i watched a couple more eps, sometimes 10 at a day or so. After luffy got a bounty it became more interesting and now i'm really hooked on this anime.

The humor in one piece is very important. It just takes some time too learn to appreciate the humor, because you first have to get to know the characters better.

The drama is also very important to one piece. You have to see 'Nami's drama'. It's great. And there's a lot more of that drama.

One piece is a lot more than just battles and fights, and that's what makes it great.

I have to agree that the battles in anime like naruto/bleach look better. But the story's in those anime are just too straight forward and become kinda boring. Also the art in naruto/bleach looks probably nicer, but i like one piece style better-->especially the character designs of the villains

Oda has created a whole new world with one piece and that's probably the thing i like most about it.

One piece is great because of everthing I mentioned above. I could tell a lot more great stuff about one piece, but that would be me telling you the whole story XDD

If you still hate everything about One Piece after the arabaster arc then you should stop watching it because then it's just not an anime for you

WARNING: don't watch the DUBBED version cause it's just retarded xD
Jul 28, 2009 4:52 AM

Jul 2009
when you say that the art sux you're talking about the 90's. In the meanwhile it evolved just like the characters did. that's what makes one piece so epic and amazing, to see the chars , the story, the entire show, evolve gives you an amazing and indescribable feeling. And the +400 episodes? In this case i don't care if it even reaches the 1000th episode. as long as it contributes to the development of the show, unlike the filler arcs in bleach. But I totally understand the haters' feelings though, i felt the same before. but you just have to watch further than episode 50 and you'll be hooked like never before.
PS I know 50 is still a lot for some of you, but you won't regret it.
Sep 1, 2009 5:33 PM

Oct 2008
Everyone is like: "OH MY GOOOD I ve seen just an episode and it sucked" As anime fans , you guys actually still judge an anime by it s graphics and not by it s story line and character development. Many series are overrated just because they are well drawn and in fact they have crappy storyline. One Piece is underrated anime , because supposed anime fans like you are judging "the book" by it s cover. I'm really dissapointed . If you really want to give your opinion about an anime , at least watch like...10 episodes or something.
One Piece is loved because it s one of the few animes that have such complex storyline and characters , so , for all the haters out there , I , as well as many other One piece fans , recomand you to watch at least 10-20 episodes before making such thread .I'd really like to hear your opinions after you watch the series , not judging by the graphics only because you enjoy watching well drawn doll-like animes without plot.
If you really understand One Piece , you will see that it has everything: drama all way , comedy , character development , and you really get attached to all the characters out there. >.<
Sep 1, 2009 6:14 PM

Nov 2007
to back up Mitsuki...
dude... how can you guys call yourselves anime fans if you drop an anime after just one episode and afterwards you even dare to say you hate it? what exactly do you hate? when you only saw like 0.02% of it ... if you watched at least 15 eps and say you hate it ... good for you.. maybe you'r just not into shonen, whatever. though i never heard of a person who WATCHED it and ended not liking it.
well i knew supeficial people exist... but geez ... maybe some of you just need to ..:)) i don't know why i'm even bothering.. i just lost 2 precious minutes of my life. your loss..

AnzaiSep 1, 2009 6:25 PM
Feb 22, 2010 6:17 AM

Jun 2009
It makes me feel like this: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=41368
Mar 20, 2010 2:31 PM

Oct 2009
Fugly....but not the worst I have seen, just don't care for it.
Apr 18, 2010 10:40 AM

Oct 2009
I read the first page and heard ppl hating its drawing style
does that mean you hate Fairy Tail too
i like One Piece but i hate Fairy Tail its so unoriginal
but fairy tail is so addicting O_o its like crack for your eyes
slickcj99Apr 23, 2010 7:13 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.