Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 14, 2012 1:16 PM

Mar 2012
I just finished Viz's release of Volume 8 of Cross Game, apparently the final volume. It was absolutely fantastic...

But the final chapter was 160. MAL says it has 170 chapters. Is that a misprint? Are there some omake chapters? Could it be an error on Viz's part?

~thanks
Nov 23, 2012 12:37 PM

Oct 2009
No error, after Wakaba's death (ch. 10) the numbering started over so that makes the final chapter the 160th, although there are 170 in total.
Jun 22, 2021 2:09 AM
Jan 2021
Honestly I feel that most people would be mad at the fact that nothing was “confirmed” between aoba and kou but I was really into the developed relationship they formed. At first aoba pretty much hated kou and he really never understood why. After wakaba’s death things got a little interesting. They would always bump into each other. They were both into baseball ( teammates ), went to the same school, and were neighbors which made their families close. There was no way for them to avoid each other. So eventually they started becoming closer. The connections were baseball and wakaba. Kou was stuck with “the first love syndrome” but he eventually grew out of it and started to lay eyes on aoba. Aoba was indecisive. She was afraid of getting close to her sisters last love but she also wanted to follow her heart. Eventually both of them broke out of that bubble and just decided to go with it. Even though there was no examples of them becoming a thing it was pretty evident that if the story line had kept going they would start to go out. As in the story we can see that they went to the same middle school and high school meaning that it took them about 6 year to acknowledge their feelings for each other. Overall I really liked the type of relationship they had.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Game Chapter 170 Discussion

Laevantein - Feb 15, 2010

41 by TitanInsane »»
Apr 11, 8:55 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Chapter 153 Discussion

Ishmael - Aug 11, 2009

3 by Zooincle »»
Oct 6, 2023 2:22 PM

» Question before starting to read the manga

Kushna - Oct 3, 2023

3 by zckfox »»
Oct 3, 2023 8:34 AM

» Cross Game volumes

raabyray - Oct 25, 2021

0 by raabyray »»
Oct 25, 2021 1:13 PM

» Volume number discrepancy?!?

Skoorb - Oct 7, 2020

3 by Skoorb »»
Oct 7, 2020 11:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.