Forum Settings
Forums

Guys, how do you feel when a girl gets scared during a horror movie?

New
Nov 2, 2012 12:58 PM

Jul 2010
I mean, we see this situation in pop culture media all the time. Guy and girl at a horror movie, girl gets scared and grabs onto the guy's arm or something.

But what do you think of this in real life? I mean, not someone who is being overly-dramatic and just trying to get attention from her companion.
But do some guys really get satisfaction from "protecting" the female in this silly situation?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 2, 2012 12:59 PM

May 2009
It's kind of romantic.
Nov 2, 2012 1:01 PM

Feb 2012
Too busy getting a blowjob in the threater.
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Nov 2, 2012 1:06 PM

May 2009
Bloodcalibur said:

So romantic.
Nov 2, 2012 1:21 PM

Jul 2012
Sionysion said:
In my experience Girls tend to love horrors more than boys, and whenever I wen't I was the one under the seats.

But yeah, you do get a feeling of satisfaction, the fact that they full back onto you for protection or comfort is nice.

Lol. Exactly.

Nov 2, 2012 1:21 PM

Jan 2008
No. Mainly because those heifers spent the whole movie busting my eardrums with their constant yelling. Texas Chainsaw Massacre wasn't even scary. -_-
Nov 2, 2012 1:28 PM

Jul 2010
Corleone said:
Isn't that just a cliché?

That's why I'm asking...

I wanted to know if people actually do this or feel anything about it.
You should read my first post; I think I made it obvious that the situation is pretty cliche.
Nov 2, 2012 1:41 PM

Dec 2011
Amused. And use it as a tool for teasing in the future.
-----------------------------
Nov 2, 2012 1:51 PM

Feb 2010
I guess it's just a good feeling to have a girl you like grab your arm, come closer to you and feel safe in your presence. So why would anyone hate this kind of situation, except a male anime MC of a harem show? You seem way too surprised about that ^^.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 2, 2012 1:54 PM
Mar 2012
Welshy said:

So much fun.
Nov 2, 2012 1:57 PM
Mar 2012
feel like starting a thread about it.
Nov 2, 2012 2:09 PM

Jun 2012
Well you know...when in Rome...
Nov 2, 2012 2:29 PM

Apr 2008
Bloodcalibur said:

Made me LOL.

Cliche- probably never going to happen at least not in the cinema which is ultimately a public place, also while some movies are scary most horror movies are just stupid and I wouldn't be caught dead with the sort of ditz who has to fling herself into somebody's arms stereo-typically the moment there's a loud noise.

I'd be even more concerned if the aforementioned ditz wasn't really scared at all and only did it in order to be moe - that just stinks of calculating bitch syndrome.
Nov 2, 2012 2:34 PM

Nov 2010
No but I have had the girl get closer because of a spider though. I am not a scary movie type of guy.
Nov 2, 2012 5:23 PM

Apr 2012
Welshy said:

This pretty much.
Nov 2, 2012 5:29 PM

Jul 2007
We prefer to mock each other.
Nov 2, 2012 5:36 PM

Nov 2011
You don't want to know.
Nov 2, 2012 5:42 PM

Aug 2012
never happened to me, as they've either said they won't watch a horror, or weren't scared :p but i'd most likely tease her about it (unless she was like genuinely terrified haha)
"Reality can really bum you out" - Ash Ketchum
Nov 2, 2012 5:49 PM

Oct 2012
It's cute but only to an extent, if they are genuinely scared I'll comfort them or find a better movie, but if they are just putting it on and blowing it out of proportion " and its that obvious to tell the difference" I'll probably just Ignore it haha.
Nov 2, 2012 6:19 PM

Feb 2009
I've been asked to go to a horror movie a few times.. (I hate horror movies). But I didn't feel anything from it (Besides my arm going numb from being squeezed).

However I did go to a haunted house once with a girl... She somehow grabbed my nuts and tried to pull them off.. Bad experience I guess.
Nov 2, 2012 6:24 PM

Feb 2011
I'd cringe if a chick did that, reeks of stupidity, there are other and far better ways of showing your intention/affection.
Closer.
Nov 2, 2012 6:27 PM

Jun 2007
I wouldn't know, I don't do horror.
Nov 2, 2012 6:45 PM

Aug 2012
Reminds me of Ayu and Yuuichi from Kanon(2006).
Nov 2, 2012 6:47 PM

Feb 2012
Rainbow-Dash said:
I wouldn't know, I don't do horror.

There isn't much you do anyway.
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Nov 2, 2012 7:38 PM

Jun 2012
Most likely, anywhere from moé overload to WTF are you doing? depending on who it is.
Nov 2, 2012 7:54 PM

Sep 2009
I do not find horror movies interesting, so I would suggest watching something else. Why would I care about a female companion wanting to hold my hand or something though?
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Nov 2, 2012 8:12 PM

Jan 2008
LordSenate said:
I've been asked to go to a horror movie a few times.. (I hate horror movies). But I didn't feel anything from it (Besides my arm going numb from being squeezed).

However I did go to a haunted house once with a girl... She somehow grabbed my nuts and tried to pull them off.. Bad experience I guess.

You sure you aren't confusing this with rough sex gone wrong?
Nov 2, 2012 8:14 PM

Oct 2012
LordSenate said:

Sounds more traumatic than being attacked in said haunted house.
Nov 2, 2012 8:15 PM

Feb 2009
vbyo said:
LordSenate said:

It was horrible.. She managed to grab some of my hair also.. It was like I had a friction burn for days, felt like a rug burn.

I was traumatized, I doubt I will ever go with another girl to a haunted house ever again.
LSanimeNov 2, 2012 8:20 PM
Nov 2, 2012 8:43 PM

Sep 2011
It's really cute
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Nov 2, 2012 8:47 PM

Mar 2012
If we just made a gender roles/gender discussion thread, it would encompass half of all general threads. They all boil down to the same thing and this is no exception.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 2, 2012 10:17 PM

Jun 2008
Bloodcalibur said:

You can bent like that while sitting on the theater chair? You are very flexible.
Nov 2, 2012 11:40 PM

Oct 2012
LordSenate said:
vbyo said:
LordSenate said:

It was horrible.. She managed to grab some of my hair also.. It was like I had a friction burn for days, felt like a rug burn.

I was traumatized, I doubt I will ever go with another girl to a haunted house ever again.

Thought it would be, you have my sympathy fellow ball sack carrier.
Nov 2, 2012 11:48 PM

Dec 2010
I get annoyed. Sometimes when they get scared, I get SCARED of their scream - not the horror movie.

Nov 2, 2012 11:49 PM

Feb 2012
Gunbladewarrior said:
LordSenate said:

Or his wild imagination sharing us tall tales.

Nov 2, 2012 11:53 PM

Feb 2009
Bloodcalibur said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
LordSenate said:

Or his wild imagination sharing us tall tales.

You can quit trolling now.
Nov 3, 2012 12:42 AM

Jan 2008
Did you hit her?
Nov 3, 2012 12:44 AM

Feb 2009
Gunbladewarrior said:
Did you hit her?

I am going to guess that this isn't a serious question.. But still, no. I was pretty pissed off for a little while, but I know she didn't do it on purpose.... Well maybe it was on purpose? I guess I will never know. Maybe she just didn't want me to have children and this was some plot to destroy part of my manhood. The world will never know.
Nov 3, 2012 12:50 AM

Apr 2012
I'll get annoyed, and probably punch her for embarrassing me in the movie theater with her obnoxious scream.
Nov 3, 2012 12:51 AM

Jan 2008
It was serious. A slight pop to the noggin would have be fine. lol If the slightest tug(in a non sexual way) hurts like heck.
Nov 3, 2012 12:54 AM

Feb 2009
Gunbladewarrior said:
It was serious. A slight pop to the noggin would have be fine. lol If the slightest tug(in a non sexual way) hurts like heck.

lol sorry, its hard to tell when people are serious on here. I wanted to punch her when she was doing it.. She had hair for the most part, but I think that was worse. Maybe because people were rushing at us she was all being erratic with it so she was pulling my hair this way and that.. Somehow I got a rug burn from it, I really wanted to punch her, but I didn't have it in me. I honestly don't think she even knew what she was doing. Hopefully trying to destroy my junk and hair at least made her feel better.
Nov 3, 2012 1:03 AM

Jan 2008
LordSenate said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

lol sorry, its hard to tell when people are serious on here. I wanted to punch her when she was doing it.. She had hair for the most part, but I think that was worse. Maybe because people were rushing at us she was all being erratic with it so she was pulling my hair this way and that.. Somehow I got a rug burn from it, I really wanted to punch her, but I didn't have it in me. I honestly don't think she even knew what she was doing. Hopefully trying to destroy my junk and hair at least made her feel better.

Dear God.. I would have screamed bloody murder. lol
Nov 3, 2012 1:05 AM

Feb 2009
Gunbladewarrior said:
LordSenate said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

I may have been screaming, I can't remember.. More then likely I was, but if from that or the people jumping out at me or a combination of both, I don't know. Though her trying to destroy part of me probably played a huge part if I was screaming. At the very least it was cringe worthy, as well as slap inducing.

I don't think women think about what they are doing when they are scared.. They just proceed to whatever body part they can grab hold of on a male and try and destroy it unintentionally.
Nov 3, 2012 1:13 AM

Jan 2008
LordSenate said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
LordSenate said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

I may have been screaming, I can't remember.. More then likely I was, but if from that or the people jumping out at me or a combination of both, I don't know. Though her trying to destroy part of me probably played a huge part if I was screaming. At the very least it was cringe worthy, as well as slap inducing.

I don't think women think about what they are doing when they are scared.. They just proceed to the whatever body part they can grab hold of on a male and try and destroy it unintentionally.

Yeah, haunted houses seem to make females think your body is their punching bag/body armor. What makes it worse is they try to act tough before you go in.
Nov 3, 2012 1:16 AM

Feb 2009
Gunbladewarrior said:

Yeah, haunted houses seem to make females think your body is their punching bag/body armor. What makes it worse is they try to act tough before you go in.

They will put you out in front at a moments notice. Even though I would try to protect a women in a real life situation, if haunted houses are any indicator, it is sad that they will push you out in front as a sacrifice so quickly.
Nov 3, 2012 1:30 AM

Jan 2008
LordSenate said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

They will put you out in front at a moments notice. Even though I would try to protect a women in a real life situation, if haunted houses are any indicator, it is sad that they will push you out in front as a sacrifice so quickly.

I'm just amazed how fast self-preservation kicks in at the sound of a chainsaw. lol
Nov 3, 2012 1:31 AM

Feb 2009
Gunbladewarrior said:
LordSenate said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

I'm just amazed how fast self-preservation kicks in at the sound of a chainsaw. lol

At least I know that she isn't going to be that far behind me after she pushes me into the blades.
Nov 3, 2012 2:30 AM

Jan 2008
You'd be surprised how fast they move while scared.
Nov 3, 2012 2:32 AM

Feb 2009
Gunbladewarrior said:

At least I hope she gets the blades after sacrificing me.
Nov 3, 2012 2:46 AM

Jan 2008
LordSenate said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

At least I hope she gets the blades after sacrificing me.

Someone would probably play hero and save her.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Hottest non Hollywood actor on YouTube?

scarydragon - 4 hours ago

3 by LoveYourEyes »»
2 hours ago

» What sort of education did you get? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

50 by DesuMaiden »»
2 hours ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

28 by elgatosaika »»
2 hours ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 26

10 by MalchikRepaid »»
2 hours ago

» Does knowing how MAL user looks like change how you see/treat them?

barababas - 3 hours ago

6 by elgatosaika »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.