Forum Settings
Forums

Higurashi and the Last Episode of School Days Status TBA

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 20, 2007 9:57 PM

Mar 2007
Who the hell owns an axe nowadays??

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Sep 20, 2007 10:26 PM

Jul 2007
What?! *Focuses on the Higurashi part* That is so unfair! I've been waiting for psycho Rena!! Darn it! It's so so so unfair! *Totally depressed* Just because there's a real murder out there all the stations get scared. ARGH!! That girl shouldn't murder a father. T3T

Sep 20, 2007 10:34 PM

Mar 2007
i wish i was as oblivious as you :(

maybe i'd be able to understand half you otakus why anime is more important than focusing on a persons death...

Sep 21, 2007 1:27 AM

Feb 2007
Hmm...these shows being delayed doesn't pose a problem for me. I don't watch School Days, and i'm still focusing on Claymore before i catch up on Higurashi Season 2.

I wonder...did anyone think about the actual girl? An actual teenage girl, murdering with an axe. Reminds me of my fav Higurashi character actually. As much as i love Rena in psycho mode, when it happens in real life...
Sep 21, 2007 1:42 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
We don't know her reasons. Might be true that the way the girl got influenced to eventually do something like this might be ... crazy... but maybe she actually had a reason? So many people are getting abused these days and if that's the fact then I wouldn't feel the least bit sorry for the man who got killed.

It's possible, isn't it. I'm just trying to see both sides of the medal. Or rather 'imagine'.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 21, 2007 1:47 AM

Feb 2007
...real life Higurashi situation? Kyoto no Naku Koro ni?

Ranivus said:

I found a really, really, REALLY rusty axe while cleaning up my father's shed today.
Sep 21, 2007 2:24 AM

Sep 2007
Ranivus said:

maybe i'd be able to understand half you otakus why anime is more important than focusing on a persons death...

Anime is more important than someone's death for two reasons.

1) I doubt anyone knew them personally.
2) Most cases of children killing their parents are caused by some type of abuse on the parent's part or in some way they could've prevented.

I don't know the people or the details, so I keep my nose out and concentrate on the problem at hand that has something to do with me. And that's anime being canceled. :P
Sep 21, 2007 2:39 AM

Aug 2007
Ranivus said:

we got a axe at home

yes, someone got killed, but that happens so often, why do people care more about the anime not being aired? becouse the murder stands far from them, not a situation they see happening to them self

think media etc doesn't influence people to kill/rape etc, but if people have in there head to do that, media, like schooldays/Higurashi, can supply with idea's of how to murder, can see that that happened in this case then.

wasn't watching school days, but lucky star ended this week and then Higurashi delayed ... im pissed

a lol, posted above posted while I was writing this
Sep 21, 2007 3:39 AM

Mar 2007
Shiranai said:
Ranivus said:

2) Most cases of children killing their parents are caused by some type of abuse on the parent's part or in some way they could've prevented.

I don't know the people or the details, so I keep my nose out and concentrate on the problem at hand that has something to do with me. And that's anime being canceled. :P

ugh kids are dumb...

• youre defending something that you dont know completely and/or dont care about
  • you cant think outside your own personal feelings

like i said before, maybe they dont want to be sued for some rediculousness. In case you havent noticed japanese are more courteous and polite than most cultres and are not insensitive like most of you kids are. If they want ot respect a certain real life situation by putting their show on hold then let them. As fans of that anime you people should respect the various anime companies wishes if they decide to do things like put them on hold.
Some girl kills her father in the vain similar to something out of an anime and all you can think of "my anime is being rescheduled." Cant you hear the selfishness in your peoples voices? But then again otakus arent really at the forefront of having relationships and making babies.

Everyone acts like theyre NEVER EVER going to see the stupid show again quit trippin people goddamn thres literally 10000+ other titles to watch while this show is on haitus. How do you know they're actually going to take this as an oppertunity to turn tragedy into sales by just releasing it as a dvd release. Its not like thats ever happaned for anime finales.

as for the owning the axe thing i should have said "except for renecks, woodcutters, and firefighters" :D

apparently i make little kids cry :O shooooooooooock!! :O
RanivusSep 21, 2007 11:50 AM

Sep 21, 2007 6:37 AM
Sep 2007
Ranivus, I agree with some parts you wrote (that about anime authors, it's their choice), but still, I won't care about death of someone I don't actually know. and it doesn't mean I'm "dumb" or "insensitive". who am I, God or something that I need to care about every people in the world? I'll be gone crazy if I'll do that. everyone needs to focus on their own problems.
Sep 21, 2007 9:10 AM

Jul 2007
Ranivus said:

ugh kids are dumb...
WORDS WORDS WORDS
Cant you hear the selfishness in your peoples voices? But then again otakus arent really at the forefront of having relationships and making babies.
WORDS WORDS WORDS
Because when I hear selflessness I think parents, simply brilliant. Also going HURR OTAKU won't make you look very smart either when it's not at all relevant to the topic.

That said, it's too bad Higurashi got delayed, I was very much looking forward to it.
Sep 21, 2007 11:19 AM

Mar 2005
Rani get off your high horse and stop insulting ppl by calling them apathetic otaku. Unless you believe that every time someone gets shot in America an episode of NYPD Blue or Cops needs to be pulled off the air then I think you need to rethink what you're saying and you should try to be more understanding of what everyone here is trying to tell you.

now granted, since I don't know the entire scope of how this incident has affected the general populace of japan, I can't say whether this decision was most prudent or not. Now as for how it is here, things usually don't get pulled unless something on the scale of a terrorist attack happens, which is probably why ppl here are like "what?" to this incident. But honestly stop acting all high and mighty calling everyone otaku like you're better than everyone >_>
kei-cloneSep 21, 2007 11:30 AM
Sep 21, 2007 11:31 AM

Mar 2007
FLAME FLAME FLAME blah blah

so im the only one that understands pulling off shows off the air in observance to a brutual murder that can be easily "connected" to that exact same show? The reason why i say the kids are dumb because most of the kids that want to see the real show doesnt want to understand the reasoning behind it or logic. Am i wrong? Television shows are a business. If you ran that TV company you would tell me that you wouldnt pull the plug if you KNEW FOR A FACT that you were going to get some serious backlash for airing a show shortly after such a horrible crime? Those animators dont get paid much they dont want to be tarnished as (that show that brainwashed that kid to kill his dad)

before youre trying to flame somone make sure you got the words right. And make some sense. you kids always are quick to judge, i dont care if that whore killed her dad with a chainsaw or a butter knife im trying to EXPLAIN the business and logic... but all you kids want is your anime AS SOON AS POSSIBLE... am i wrong? Reasonable ppl will actually understand why things get delayed instead of bitch and moan about how they cant watched they're practically 'stolen' anime on time.

by the way words words words = intelligent stuff apparently you cant comprehend... Next time if youre gonna flame somone at least read the last 2 posts i put up. Is it that hard to read outside the box? jesus...

oh and kei since hate me so much ban me already... im tired of you dissing on me all the time. High horse?? what fraflksdfjsf high horse? what are you better than me too... everyone else thinks im just some moron, i cant even defend/explain myself since you all hate me so much.

HAPPY i put a line through all my shtapparently my opinions are never welcome.
RanivusSep 21, 2007 11:48 AM

Sep 21, 2007 11:42 AM

Mar 2005
Ranivus said:
FLAME FLAME FLAME blah blah

so im the only one that understands pulling off shows off the air in observance to a brutual murder that can be easily "connected" to that exact same show? The reason why i say the kids are dumb because most of the kids that want to see the real show doesnt want to understand the reasoning behind it or logic. Am i wrong? Television shows are a business. If you ran that TV company you would tell me that you wouldnt pull the plug if you KNEW FOR A FACT that you were going to get some serious backlash for airing a show shortly after such a horrible crime? Those animators dont get paid much they dont want to be tarnished as (that show that brainwashed that kid to kill his dad)

before youre trying to flame somone make sure you got the words right. And make some sense. you kids always are quick to judge, i dont care if that whore killed her dad with a chainsaw or a butter knife im trying to EXPLAIN the business and logic... but all you kids want is your anime AS SOON AS POSSIBLE... am i wrong? Reasonable ppl will actually understand why things get delayed instead of bitch and moan about how they cant watched they're practically 'stolen' anime on time.

by the way words words words = intelligent stuff apparently you cant comprehend... Next time if youre gonna flame somone at least read the last 2 posts i put up. Is it that hard to read outside the box? jesus...

oh and kei since hate me so much ban me already... im tired of you dissing on me all the time. High horse?? what fraflksdfjsf high horse? what are you better than me too... everyone else thinks im just some moron, i cant even defend/explain myself since you all hate me so much.

no fool I didn't flame you I just told you to stop insulting everyone's intelligence. Is it not possible for you to cease posting in a condescending manner all the time and refrain from calling everyone here kids as if they don't deserve your respect?

and once again you assume that everyone here is 5 years old and no one understands anything. of course I understand why some shows need to be pulled sometimes, that's why I brought up 9/11 in previous posts. I knew firsthand then that some shows would need to be pulled. but if you read my last post you would know why there's some gray area in this case as opposed to 2001.

everyone here is bringing up their own points and each side has his own argument but you insist on posting as if you're talking to retards and assuming that attitude. And you wonder why everyone is "always against you." If you wanna change that I'd advise you to be more respectful of other members when you post.
Sep 21, 2007 11:46 AM

Mar 2007
no i cant. if you knew how i grew up and what ive been through then you'd understand this is how i normally talk, ask ez, sy, faust, ppl that will actually listen to me than cry over a post.

...sorta thought you guys woulda taken the hint after 6 months. So im a little jaded after iraq, fkn sue me. Thats why i gave up putting up 'my thoughts' coz everyone gets butt hurt. I cant even tell a stupid joke on irc with out somone from east europe or south america taking my shit seriously.

since im hurtting more butts take down my posts i dont care...

EDIT nvm i did it sorta... Apparently my shit is more than words as most ppl would call it.
RanivusSep 21, 2007 11:53 AM

Sep 21, 2007 1:13 PM

Jul 2007
If you're going to be an ass on the internet (and make excuses for it) you should at least have the dignity not to throw a temper tantrum when you're called on it.
Sep 21, 2007 2:17 PM

Mar 2007
...ahh fuck it

youre right im stupid im always in the wrong thank you for pointing out how stupid i am (10th person btw). Anything else you want to flame me about?? Ass? You going to bring anyone else to say that im wrong? Go for it... arguing my views toward high school kids and university kids that i'll never see is pintless.

...nothing like some new kid that signed on mal always trying to bust my chops beacuase im stating what i think.
RanivusSep 21, 2007 2:32 PM

Sep 21, 2007 4:34 PM

Jul 2007
I didn't call you stupid at all, but the way you are acting I can see why other people might. For me what you think isn't as much a problem as how you act. You can try to blame your childhood or whatever else you were referring to in your second-to-last post for your behaviour, but talking down to people like you do makes you an ass.

And way to go on the new user remark, if the people around here are calling you stupid as much as you say, you might just want to rethink all those long... months you've spent here.
Sep 22, 2007 12:59 PM

Jul 2007
this is troublesome, delaying higurashi...
Sep 22, 2007 2:16 PM

Apr 2007
This report makes me wanna watch these anime now. :)

Sep 22, 2007 5:27 PM

Apr 2007
PandaPuff said:
This report makes me wanna watch these anime now. :)

I have to admit, the one good thing that came out of this is Higurashi and School Days are getting free advertisement. Sure, it may not be the best form of advertisement, biut I expect DVD sales will be higher.
Sep 22, 2007 11:52 PM

Aug 2007
wow.. School Days AND Higurashi Kai eps have both been axed. *sigh*
Sep 23, 2007 12:09 AM

Sep 2007
Ranivus said:
...ahh fuck it

youre right im stupid im always in the wrong thank you for pointing out how stupid i am (10th person btw). Anything else you want to flame me about?? Ass? You going to bring anyone else to say that im wrong? Go for it... arguing my views toward high school kids and university kids that i'll never see is pintless.

...nothing like some new kid that signed on mal always trying to bust my chops beacuase im stating what i think.

Nothing wrong with what you think. You're probably right, but the world is extremely screwed up these days and it shows. I just prefer not to make a big deal out of something that's none of my business. So they canceled some anime over a murder that could be linked to it... People get their brains blown out all the time in my area, but I don't see any shows with people's brains being blown out being canceled. Maybe the Japanese are more courteous, but it doesn't change the fact that people are still going to kill each other no matter what's on TV.
Sep 23, 2007 2:49 AM

Sep 2007
It's a shame. Tragic that the guy got killed by his own daughter, and sad that a couple animes got pulled because of it. I can understand why School Days would get yanked in particular since it's famous for it's bloody endings. Even still, I find it sad that we can't separate fact from fiction in our world, always trying to draw lines between them. I suppose I can't say I agree with their logic, but maybe that's just what American TV does to you, ne?
Sep 23, 2007 3:28 AM

Aug 2007
MajorAddiction said:
wow.. School Days AND Higurashi Kai eps have both been axed. *sigh*
Literally and figurative... Well, I can understand why it has been delayed, since this isn't the first time that a episode will be delayed or even banned. Pokémon, anyone? Just because of pointing a gun towards a kid's head without shooting, the episode was banned. Simply because it's an anime for kids. Murder appears in real life and School Days and Higurashi are not anime for kids. Did they forget that or something? School Days was already famous for it's bloody endings, so why should the end of the anime not bloody? Can't they simply broadcast in the middle of the night, like 3 o'clock or something? Easy, ne? It's sad that it has to go like this... I agree with Nataki to: that it happens in fiction, doesn't mean it happens in reality!
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Sep 23, 2007 4:33 AM

Jul 2007
DragonsWhip said:
Can't they simply broadcast in the middle of the night, like 3 o'clock or something?
Higurashi has always broadcasted at 4 at night on Tokai and similar times on other channels. School Days normally airs at night as well, as does pretty much all anime not specifically aimed at children. Otaku demographic and all that.
Sep 23, 2007 7:37 AM

Aug 2007
grrr I'm so pissed I want my school days why'd she had to kill her father that day couldnt she had killed him on friday?
Sep 23, 2007 12:43 PM

Feb 2007
Shiranai said:

2) Most cases of children killing their parents are caused by some type of abuse on the parent's part or in some way they could've prevented..

Um.... Shiranai... I don't want to pick a fight here, but what do you mean "I doubt anyone knew them personally".. I think that's probably one of the most selfish things I've heard on this topic. Of course people knew them personally. That girl went to school, they had family..
Secondly, it is possible that there was abuse, but you can't just assume.

Really, I was annoyed that it was pulled off the air, I think it was an overreaction.. for reasons Zamitsu said quite well:
Zamitsu said:
Ravinus: People care more about the show because PEOPLE DIE EVERY DAY. It's nothing new, at all. Guess what, the instant she killed her dad, hundreds of more people were born at the same exact time(not to mention the number of people who died that second as well). Death is a natural process. Atleast he died instantly in his sleep and didn't suffer, right?

However, while everybody knows that death is imminent, they do not know the outcome of School Days, and I'm sure that many people would much rather see the end (mainly Makoto dying obviously) which is something completely unknown to them, than have to have it delayed by such a natural, common KNOWN occurrence.

Ranivus said:

Rani, don't hate on the new users.. Maybe you don't agree with what he's saying (I don't particularly), but it doesn't mean you need to attack him. You're stooping down to the level of everyone you thought has flamed you in the past/present.

Ranivus said:
Everyone acts like theyre NEVER EVER going to see the stupid show again quit trippin people goddamn thres literally 10000+ other titles to watch while this show is on haitus.

Indeed....
Sep 23, 2007 2:18 PM

Aug 2007
they are still showing it on sept 27 arent they?
Sep 23, 2007 4:25 PM

Jun 2007
selective_yellow said:
Shiranai said:

Um.... Shiranai... I don't want to pick a fight here, but what do you mean "I doubt anyone knew them personally".. I think that's probably one of the most selfish things I've heard on this topic. Of course people knew them personally. That girl went to school, they had family..

I think he was referring to anyone on MAL knowing the victims personally. It would probably be a safe bet because anyone who knew them personally, friends at school, coworkers, family all surf the internet in Japanese and probably wouldn't visit this site at all let alone make an account and post in this thread.

Sep 23, 2007 5:15 PM

Sep 2007
Legion17 said:
selective_yellow said:
Shiranai said:

I think he was referring to anyone on MAL knowing the victims personally. It would probably be a safe bet because anyone who knew them personally, friends at school, coworkers, family all surf the internet in Japanese and probably wouldn't visit this site at all let alone make an account and post in this thread.

Of course people knew them personally. I'm saying I doubt anyone on MAL knew them personally as Legion said for me. I guess I didn't think I would have to actually state on this site because it would be a given.
Sep 23, 2007 9:29 PM

Sep 2007
Sobzob said:
Like I said, she should've waited until the episode had aired before killing her father. Stupid girl.

ROFL.
Sep 24, 2007 8:56 AM

Apr 2007
http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/national/news/20070924p2a00m0na009000c.html

OMFG I seriously hope they dont move SD or Higurashi back again cause of this...=/ i blame soceity and movies not anime <_<

The Red Truth is the only truth in the world
Sep 24, 2007 9:52 AM

Aug 2007
Sheesh, do they think it's all thanks to anime? It's sad for anime watchers and otakus, since they'll be blamed. Discrimination, anyone? Anyway, let's hope they'll broadcast it... :)
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Sep 24, 2007 10:49 AM

Aug 2007
thats great news
are they going to keep releasing them same day as normal (another episode 3 days from now) or are they changing the release day
Sep 24, 2007 12:04 PM

Jul 2007
Thank you Sun TV! Episode 12 of Higurashi has aired and the discussion thread (spoilers) is up.
Sep 24, 2007 3:57 PM

Aug 2007
very nice.
Sep 24, 2007 4:10 PM

Sep 2007
Huzzah!
Sep 26, 2007 3:26 PM

Jun 2007
Hikaru said:
[url=http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/national/news/20070924p2a00m0na009000c.html]http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/national/news/20070924p2a00m0na009000c.html

OMFG I seriously hope they dont move SD or Higurashi back again cause of this...=/ i blame soceity and movies not anime <_<

another real life (almost) murder... envolving an axe @_@
zomg! instead blaming anime, they should close all axe stored =O!
Sep 26, 2007 6:08 PM

Jan 2007
ezpheranza said:
zomg! instead blaming anime, they should close all axe stored =O!

I laughed. xD

Sep 27, 2007 11:06 AM

Sep 2007
I can't belive this! I'm so pissed off. This is stupid. Let the anime fans pay the price for the little girls crime. Don't get me wrong... I feel sorry for the police officer and I hate that bitch who killed him, but still. What does it have to do about an anime airing or not? You can't bring back the dead and you cannot prevent similar tragedies by doing this. Actually I have a little strory that happened in my country: Hungary a few years ago.
The first two animes ever aired in Hungary were Sailormoon and Dragonball. They were translated and many kid started to like them. DB was different from the cartoons made by warner bros. Remeber most people didn't know the meaning of anime that time. All was fine till DBZ. Zed had much more violence than the original series and parents started to protest against it.It was a sucess, DBZ was canceled. On the next day a 12 year old boy killed himself with a knife. He left a note that sad he committed suicide because DBZ was canceled. To show parents they were wrong...or something like that. I guess he protested, in his own way, that is.
Sep 27, 2007 11:30 AM

Jun 2007
nekdolan said:
The first two animes ever aired in Hungary were Sailormoon and Dragonball. They were translated and many kid started to like them. DB was different from the cartoons made by warner bros. Remeber most people didn't know the meaning of anime that time. All was fine till DBZ. Zed had much more violence than the original series and parents started to protest against it.It was a sucess, DBZ was canceled. On the next day a 12 year old boy killed himself with a knife. He left a note that sad he committed suicide because DBZ was canceled. To show parents they were wrong...or something like that. I guess he protested, in his own way, that is.

Thats a nice anecdote.

Sep 27, 2007 12:00 PM

Aug 2007
looks like school days 12 has been shown
Sep 27, 2007 12:01 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
As well as Higurashi.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 28, 2007 10:12 AM

Sep 2007
Finally I understand why Higurashi was delayed... ep 12 ending...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 1 hour ago

4 by nec0_0 »»
1 hour ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

7 by malvarez1 »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
5 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.