Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Sep 24 - 30

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 5, 2012 10:17 PM

Sep 2012
Thanks jmal. So Hakuouki actually came close to my final estimate of 5k, which is great.

For the harem anime, my observation of the relative ranking of those titles in Amazon when the season was still in its first month or so is that
Campione > Boku H > Koi Choco = Hagure > NakaImo

However, the feedback turned quite bad in the last several episodes of Boku H that is not in the original light novel and were deemed too serious while NakaImo got more favorable feedback in late stage when fans started to enjoy the baka situation as it is and find it quite funny. Koi Choco also edged above Hagure as it accumulated fans who looked for a love story instead of harem fan service. I am not surprised with the end result having Campione at the clear top of the 5 and Boku H as the clear bottom.

It is hard to say if the figure means Campione will get a 2nd season. There are many fans of the original light novel who are unhappy with how the story was compressed and changed in the anime (it seems quite a lot were changed) but they are also happy with how the anime brings out the main appeals of the girls (and the kisses), which perhaps explains why it seems to have attracted buyers from fans of the light novel.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 5, 2012 10:18 PM

Nov 2007
jmal said:
New additions: here
Full weekly list: here

Full list is up.

Thresholds were too high for a second week for Yuru Yuri♪♪ or Jintai, unfortunately. We'll get their numbers in the relevant monthly list, so it'll be at least a few weeks before we know how they ended up. Well, YRYR's at least. Jintai should make it, but that depends if this month has a really high monthly BD threshold. Usually a title over 4500 (as Jintai should be by the 2nd week) will rank but we'll see.

BD data got added for a bunch of titles that were only ranking on DVD on Tuesday. New Vol. 1 totals for those:
4,920 Hakuouki Reimeiroku
4,187 Campione
3,462 Arcana Famiglia
3,337 Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
2,810 Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imougo ga Iru!
2,409 Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica
1,945 Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai. (only BD ranked)

From Spring:
1,411 Uchuu Kyoudai (only BD ranked)

And other stuff at the linked posts.

Good to see the full list, and that some of the anime that were temporarily at the bottom of the Summer 2012 list due to the high BD threshold this week, are not actually the dead bottom as a result.

Not good to hear that the full list threshold was still too high for Yuru Yuri ♪♪ and Jintai to get a 2nd week :(
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Oct 5, 2012 10:28 PM

Sep 2012
I also did an update to the temporal ranking of vol.1 BD/DVD for the Summer Season

Temporal Blu-ray + DVD Rankings for Summer 2012 (the first volumes)
*1, 21,176 Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II
*2, *9,196 Dog Days'
*3, *8,760 Tari Tari
*4, *7,728 Yuru Yuri ♪♪
*5, *6,422 Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
*6, *4,920 Hakuouki Reimeiroku
*7, *4,876 Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
*8, *4,852 Oda Nobuna no Yabou
*9, *4,221 Joshiraku
10, *4,187 Campione
11, *3,462 Arcana Famiglia
12, *3,337 Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
13, *2,810 Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!
14, *2,409 Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica
15, *1,945 Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai.
16, *1,900 Moyashimon Returns
17, *1,888 Rinne no Lagrange Season 2
18, *1,370 Binbougami ga!
19, *1,338 Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi.
20, *1,282 Upotte!!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 6, 2012 11:14 AM
Mar 2010
Dog Days did really well.
Lol at Muv-Luv....its not bad sales but still.....
Reimeiroku at ~5k. Will probably cross 6k or reach it next week. It was definitely severely underestimated in Stalker. I thought it would sell 8k or so but that's not so bad either. Where's my season 4, Deen?
Campione and KoiChoco had an event ticket and heavily discounted volume 1's hmm? well, that was there in AKB as well so I expect sales to drop.
Sad about Hagure Yuusha and cringing at NakaImo....I thought it would sell less.
Dakara H....yea, I didn't like this show either so I don't really care. That's it I guess.

O_O

W-W-WHOAHHHHHHHHHHH! Arcana Famiglia? WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THERE? ~3.5k? WUT? I thought you wouldn't even get 1000 copies sold! All the same, I'm still glad. Arcana wasn't great but as a fan of otome anime, I'm glad to see it didn't fail like Hiiro did. Hiiro was ugh. Arcana wasn't amazing but decent. Very, VERY happy to see Arcana's sales.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 7 minutes ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
7 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
38 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

17 by RobertBobert »»
53 minutes ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.